Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aether

Yeah, I had first thought of a Micah type character, communicate with machines and use them to his will, but as you said, Forge already built up a character like that.

So I went the Anakin Solo route, but with things un aided by computers.  So, can fix a car, but if it has on onboard computer, he cant fix anything related to the computer.  Time pieces are his expertise and he has a love for classic engines.

I limited telekinesis to a fifth of his body weight and line of sight for distance.

Adonis

<3 Heroes.

Since Kendra is out of commission at the moment while she takes care of family things, Secret having just had her kid, and Luna being MIA - It seems my approval is all you need atm.

Go ahead and move him over to the Approved Character Bio section of the Xavier's board.
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Adonis

As our GM's begin crawling back into play, and the game has begun to move once more, I would like to announce that recruitment for Xavier's is once again *OPEN*.

I will be cleaning house and moving things around to get the inactives sorted out from the active players so I can see what positions are available after the cleaning, but as of right now, we are currently taking ONLY what is listed on the first page of this thread for the needed roles.

*Throws the doors open dramatically.*

The sheet that is needed to be filled out, as well as any information you may seek is at the beginning of this thread. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with !!!

Xavier's Recruitment Status : OPEN
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Acid Lips

Character:

Code-Name: Kira
Ethnicity: Puertorrican
Sex: Female
Relationship Status: Single
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: new student

Appearance:

Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Skin: White
Weight: 100
Height: 5'00"
Other:

Date Of Birth: 18/7/1994
Place Of Birth: Puerto Rico
Citizenship: American

Information:

Personality: Just your normal girl, she loves to have fun and play around with her friends. Due to her powers and the ability to cheat on the school system Katy was quickly feared by the teachers who did not wanted to teach her since she would not learn anything and since she was in fact a mutant. Being humiliated she quickly became a person who talked to almost anybody since nobody could understood what she was going through, that is until she was invited to the Xavier school.

Background:
She was born in the island of Puerto Rico, ever since little her parents were always there for her, especially her father. Since her mother traveled a lot she almost never took the chance to get to know her. At the school she was one with many friends, she would get into a lot of trouble with them as she liked to run away from school. Her life was going in a good track, she was getting good grades at school apart from when she ran away and skipped school and she was simply doing well in school. However during one night everything changed for her.

She was going home from a party at a friends house, it was late at night and she was clearly near her house. She suddenly felt hands grab her from behind and take her to a dark alley. There were three guys, and all of them started to tear her clothes out of her body using her own underwear as a gag. They raped her during hours, she could not take it anymore she wanted to be in her room, safe. All of the sudden she appeared on her room, naked as she was while the guys were raping her. She was confused, she was scared, how the hell was she on her room when she was just getting raped. As she tried to make sense of things a hit of information shocked her mind, she actually divided and the one with the guys disappeared into thin air.

Ever since that day she started to study the mutant gene and the theories about mutants. She learned to take a bit of control of her power a bit, she started to cheat on test while studying and even get the test results by sending a copy inside the school and making her read it and making the copy disappear. Once the school found out about this they simply told her to leave the school and never come back. For a couple of months after her father and her tried to get her into another school but they would not have her, that is until the invitation of Xavier school came in the mail.

Mother:

Name: Kathleen Anzaker
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Jacob Lonestar
Race: Mutant

Other Relatives:

Powers:
Multiplication: She is able to multiply her body into as many as she wants to. However the more she makes the less time she can keep them active.

Selection: She can select wich one is her real body out of her copies and change at will.

Learning: When a clone is vanished she takes in all the information gathered by the clone.

Power Limitations:
She can do many copies, however it is all limited to the time she can remain with them. If they are hit they will disappear and if she makes a lot of them she could only keep them for a couple of seconds.

Hobbies and Interests:

She loves to read, she is often seen reading manga or books about mutation. She likes to swim and do sports making her a attractive young woman.

OOC Ons and Offs:   https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78432.0

Adonis

O/O's

Mistress Sorcha

Character:

Code-Name: Thief (unless someone comes up with something better)
Ethnicity: Irish Traveller
Relationship Status:Single
Position at the School: High School Junior – she hasn’t had any formal schooling, so she’s on par in some areas, and behind in others for her age.

Appearance:

Hair: Red—full, wavy, and shoulder-length
Eyes:Hazel
Skin: Fair skin, dotted with freckles, though darker than most Irish from extensive moving and time outside
Weight: 57kg (~125lbs)
Height: 1.65m (5’5”)
Other: Corey has a very slim build, very wiry, not very curvy, a good bit of lithe muscle tone. She has a number of nicks and cuts along her arms and upper body from [refereed] knife fights with her peers, and a very faint white scar just below her cheekbone from the same. If one were to catch her shirtless (or possibly in a bathing suit), they might see some nice whip scars on her back. Maybe she’ll tell you about them.

Date Of Birth: May 25, 1993
Place Of Birth: Ireland
Citizenship: Ireland—Student Visa

Information:

Personality: Corey is a very easygoing person, very easy to like. However, she’s also very independent, and while she likes joking around with people and hanging out, she enjoys her solitude. Corey is the kind of person who will have many friends, but few deep relationships, and it’s not something that she particularly regrets. She’s also quite the tomboy, though pretty in a very lithe way.

Background: Corey Doran is the daughter of two loving parents, and the great-granddaughter of Johnny Doran, a very famous uilleann piper in Ireland (uilleann pipes are a type of bagpipe). For generations, the Dorans have been pipers. And for even more generations, they have been [Irish] Travellers. Fighting to gain rights in Ireland as their own ethnic group and dealing with loss of lands and foundations, the Irish Travellers are quite possibly the group most discriminated against in Ireland. However, there is a certain freedom in the life that suits Corey to a tee, and she couldn’t imagine being tied down to one place all her life.

Corey’s father died when she was 11, and since then, life’s been a lot tougher. Her father’s pipe playing, as well as working odd jobs, paid for a good deal of their needs, but now it’s come upon her mother and herself to provide for the two of them and Corey’s younger sister Aleara. Her mother has always done what cleaning or waitressing she could while they moved around, but Corey got her cash by winning fights, or sometimes stealing. Escaping a fight quickly was something she discovered she could do around age 13, when a bunch of racist pigs around her age ganged up on her. Having nothing to defend herself with, and not that strong, she took an opening given to her between two boys and sped out of there, literally. For a few seconds, her legs and feet seemed to work at triple time, and before the boys knew it, Corey had already escaped into the woods and was running in the opposite direction.

Winning a fight quickly was something Corey discovered she was good at around age 15, when in a one-on-one fight, she put on her burst of speed to get behind the boy, looked at him, and in a split second realized exactly where a hit would bring him down. As she had more and more practice in fighting, she realized that spot was sometimes in different places for different people, but if she could get it hard enough, it would usually bring them down. It was difficult to win a fight if it wasn’t over after she had put on that burst of speed; it usually took a minute for her muscles to cool down enough, especially while still moving, for her to be able to do it again. But she won a lot of fights, and earned a decent reputation, especially for a girl.

Her talent at thieving came the earliest, around 12, when she almost got caught again and just sunk back into the shadows behind the baker’s counter. To her astonishment, the baker looked all around, even right at her and didn’t see her. It worked other times too, though if she made too much noise, someone would be able to tell she was there. She got a nice set of scars that way…

Her family got an interesting visitor at their wagon a couple of months ago in the form of one Professor Xavier, with an invitation to his school. He told her there were others with unique abilities like hers, and some with abilities completely different to hers, but that he wanted to give her an opportunity to explore those powers. Corey thought it sounded interesting, but replied that she couldn’t leave her mother and sister, and wouldn’t be persuaded. Finally, Professor Xavier offered her an on-campus job, saying he would give her an advance on her salary now while she moved to the US and she could send money back to her mother and sister once she earned her first paycheck. Corey readily agreed, and after a warm farewell, left with Professor Xavier that afternoon. She’s a few days late getting here due to some, uh, problems getting her a student visa…Professor Xavier probably had to jump through a fair few hoops to get a Traveller out of Ireland.

Mother:

Name: Mary Doran
Race: Traveller (mutant gene carrier)

Father:

Name: John Doran
Race: Traveller (mutant gene carrier)

Other Relatives:
Great Grandfather: Johnny Doran (Mutant): Minor empathic ability with music (pipe player)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Doran

Powers:

Major Power: Hide in Plain Sight—Corey can use shadows to hide from people, even when someone is watching her the entire time. She appears to merely side-step and fade away.

Minor Power: Precision—A fighter by nature, Corey has an uncanny ability to ascertain and attack an opponent’s weak points.

Minor Power: Agility—Corey can run slightly faster than the average human, and in bursts of a few seconds she can move at almost superhuman speeds. Useful for getting in a precision attack.

Power Limitations:

Major Power: Hide in Plain Sight—Corey needs a shadow in order to hide in plain sight. She also cannot hide anyone or anything else, aside from what she has on her and a held item 5 inches or less in diameter; she’s used this to…acquire food for her family in the past. Corey cannot do anything other than hide in shadows, such as use shadows to attack. Any actions other than regular movement  may allow others to notice her (like attacking or running).

Minor Power: Precision—This ability only works well if the opponent is surprised by the attack, though attacks can still be more precise than normal. It is unknown if this ability works on non-living opponents (robots, etc) due to lack of testing, but it is doubtful.

Minor Power: Agility—Her bursts of agility last for only a few seconds, and often Corey needs at least a full minute or two for her muscles to recover enough from the strain in order to move that quickly again. Once in a while, the burst agility will cause muscle cramps in the calves or thighs, especially if she’s been using them for a while.

Hobbies and Interests: Knife fighting, cooking (when she has the materials), playing the pipes

Skills:
Knife-Throwing—Corey’s natural precision ability, as well as a great deal of practice, has made her a very adept knife-thrower. She has also worked a lot at knife fighting in general, but throwing knives are her expertise.

Uilleann Pipes—Before her father died, she and her father would play the pipes every evening, and Corey started learning as soon as she had the dexterity to make sound come out of the instrument. She still plays regularly, and her set of pipes is one of the few things she’s brought with her to the school.

OOC Ons and Offs:   I’m not much a fan of bodily secretions in general, so no scat or watersports, or even excessive saliva, blood, or cum. I love BDSM, usually on the submissive side, though Corey’s the kind of character who would enjoy things on more equal footing, though she has virtually no sexual experience herself (only witnessed a little or heard about it). My “roleplaying preferences” in my profile should be up to date, and I am very open to trying things with either gender. Any questions or plot/romantic/sexual ideas, just PM me. :)

I PMed Lady Lunaris about the work-study part of my bio, but I'll admit I was impatient to actually get this posted and so have not had a response about that yet from anyone. As I said in my PM to her, if it's a problem, I will readily take it out and tweak her background a bit.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake.
Sorcha is currently not accepting any new RPs at this time.

Adonis

O/O's

Lady Lunarius

QuoteI PMed Lady Lunaris about the work-study part of my bio, but I'll admit I was impatient to actually get this posted and so have not had a response about that yet from anyone. As I said in my PM to her, if it's a problem, I will readily take it out and tweak her background a bit.

Sorry lately E hasn't been informing me of new messages T_T ....sorry darling

You have my approval. ^^
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Mistress Sorcha

Oh, no problem, Lady Lunaris, I'm just glad to have your approval! And thank you, Adonis. :-)

TamaRose

Are you still open for characters and if so what do you still need...students....teachers?

Adonis

All of the information is on the first post in the thread ^-^
O/O's

Secretwriter

Approved by me as well, Sorcha. Pardon my delay, real life comes first.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Mistress Sorcha

Of course, Secretwriter! I am ever the impatiently patient waiter, anyway.  ::)

Adonis

Go ahead and move your sheet over to the character bio thread in game. Welcome to Xavier's !
O/O's

Adonis

O/O's

freakula86

hello you all remember me don't you lol..I will post my character up some time either today or tomorrow. If that is cool with you all.

Adonis

O/O's

freakula86

May I join your game? please..I only have one game that I am apart of on here and I am not quite busy enough so do I have your approval to fill it out this time.

Adonis

You need to fill out the sheet and post it in this thread just as the first post in this thread asks ya to. Once you do that, the bio will be reviewed by the GM staff for any changes that need to be made.
O/O's

freakula86

Character:

Code-Name: Dormant Beast
Ethnicity:White
Sex: Male
Position at the School:High School Junior-He hasn't had no formal schooling because of his past.

Appearance:
[/u][/b]

Hair:Black with white streaks in it
Eyes: A deep red
Skin: Slightly Pale
Weight:250lbs.
Height:6'2"
Other:He looks close to the picture

Date Of Birth:January 1st, 1991
Place Of Birth:New York City
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality:Out spoken, Pays attention to what is at hand of the moment, kind of a dark sense of humor.

Background:Dante Drylocke never really knew that he was different then the other kids as he grew up in New York, you see his mother always told him that he was a special boy. Dante never really understood how special he was, his powers were a bit different then most mutants at his age. He was able to see someone fight and then duplicate there fighting abilities within an instant. That wasn't the only thing that he could do he could hold onto that person's fighting style and sense the next attack they could do right then and their.

Dante was about 8 years of age when he first learned about his mutant power, he didn't see it as a threat but the other people around him saw it as a threat. It wasn't like Dante was the first mutant in existent by far he wasn't their were more of them out there and he could almost sense them all around the world. Dante never really went to school when he was a kid, he mostly stayed home and took care of his mother. Once everything was all said and done his mother eventually passed away due to a car accident. He didn't know who his father was or his name. The only thing he cared about in the world was his only mother who was taken away from him by a drunk driver peeling down the road hitting her head on and killing her on the spot.

As the years passed he was eventually recruited into the military a walk in off the street, fighting for the good guys at least for once in his life or so he thought. The military was recruiting mutants like himself in hopes of messing with them, trying to figure out how they tick. Safe to say he was the only one to make it out of the base alive, he ran and ran until he couldn't run no more and then he passed out about a couple of miles away from the base. His body collapsed onto the ground, feeling miserable he nodded in and out of reality and his dream state eventually waking up. Dante found himself sitting in Time Square bleeding out the side of his head and that is when he had no ID on him the only thing was Dog tags around his neck.

Mother:

Name:Vanessa Drylocke
Race: Human

Father:

Name:Unknown
Race:Human

Other Relatives:Is an only child so far as he knows.

Powers:
Major Power: Master Photographic Reflexes- Dante can copy someone's fighting style this means if they use any form of weapon, he can use that same fighting stance. Any weaponry or hand to hand combat he can duplicate and store that one fighting style at a time within a blink of an eye, and he can find the next attack very quickly and act on it.

Minor Power:Mind Reading-Can sometime read other people's minds, but not all the time he just recently got this power not to long ago.

Minor Power: Agility- Can dodge mostly anything works really great with his Major Power, he uses different types of Acrobatics to dodge different attacks.

Power Limitations:
Major Power:Master Photographic Reflexes- weakness of his Master Photographic Reflexes is that it somehow overwrites his natural memories; recalling any early memories not connected with his muscle memory or fighting abilities requires using mnemonic techniques which are not always successful. That and he must see the person fighting to be able to duplicate their fighting style. He can only store one fighting style at a time, as far as the whole Photographic Reflexes go.

Minor Power: Mind Reading- This power comes and goes as it pleases within Dante, he just developed this power not to long ago. He can sometimes read other humans or mutants minds but not all the time. It isn't always a really reliable power for him so he tries not to use it at all.

Minor Power: Agility- This power allows him the ability to dodge pretty much anything the only problem with it is that he just started to obtain this power recently just as the mind reading. Nothing is pretty much else for this power the only thing he uses it for is if he is in a jam just because, the draw back to the minor capability with it. It only gives him about 10 minutes and that is all he has to help off of this power 10 minutes and he can't use it again until after about a couple of hours, just because of how much it takes out of him.

Hobbies and Interests: Sword Fighting, Sharpening weaponry and learning every fighting style their is to learn out in the world, he also loves to hike as well.

OOC Ons and Offs:  See my Ons and Offs on my profile, the same.

TamaRose

Code-Name:Isis
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Team Affiliation:Xavier
Position at the School:Teacher of music
Appearance:
Hair:Silver
Eyes:Blue Topaz
Skin:Creamy and lustrous.
Weight:130
Height:5'7"
Other: Skin has a silver shimmer to it.
Date Of Birth:May 15,1987
Place Of Birth: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Citizenship:USA ......but traveled back and forth between US and Japan during her parents marriage.

Personality:Sometimes Sakura is shy and distant.Especially,when she is around new people or in a new environment.Once she gets to know people she likes to joke around and can be quite sweet and friendly.Make her angry though and she is a force to be reckoned with because she has a short temper that easily flares.

Background: Sakura grew up loving both of her parents but when she found out at the age of 13 that her father had cheated on her mother and had a child with someone else things quickly changed between daughter and father.Most times things were stressed and uncomfortable.Even for her mother who wanted to work things out because of her daughter.

Still,Sakura would never let either of them forget what happened and both parents finally separated after a year,her father knowing he would never earn Sakura's forgiveness and her mother never fully able to forget or forgive her husband for what her husband did to her and her daughter.

Moving a town away with her daughter in tow,Sakura's mother enrolled her in a public school while taking on two jobs to support herself and her daughter.Still having the stress of her father's cheating on her mind along with the divorce of her parents,being in a new school and town the pressure became to much and her new "abilities" surfaced,causing her mother to send her to the Xavier school at 14. 

Mother:
Name:Isabella Rose Takahiro
Race:Human(American)
Father:
Name:Hotoshi Takahiro
Race: Human(Japanese)
Other Relatives:Half Sister/Natuye Rose Takahiro

Powers:
Major:Water Manipulation(Bending)-The ability to manipulate water for means of personal use or as a weapon.
Minor:Levitation-Has the ability to move and lift light or small objects.
Minor:Flying-The ability to lift off the ground and fly through the air.

Power Limitations:
Major:Even though she is very good with her water bending there are times she over extends her powers and ends up flooding major areas .
Minor:Even though she would like to lift and throw bigger and better things at her foes,she is very limited as to what she can do.Usually can't move anything heavier then a few pounds.

Hobbies and Interests:She loves art and music and when she has free time she likes to read and listen to her huge collection of music.She also enjoys baking and cooking.Sometimes she will cook dinner for the whole X-Men team.

Ons and Offs:Check my profile.They are the same.[/b]

Secretwriter

I personally vote for no more British, Irish, Scottish, or whatever characters for the game.  Honestly there are more Brits than there are people from anywhere else, including America in an American school. It wouldn't be a problem were it Hogwarts and not Xavier's.  This is my vote, GM's how do you vote? 

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Acid Lips

Question, is this based on a system? because I see the names of the power and limitation and they seem to be part of a system or whatever.

Secretwriter

Acid Lips, you've been PM'ed about your inquiries twice now, please check your inbox. Thank you. <3