Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, May 21, 2019, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khal Drogo

"best we avoid fighting Stormrider's troops then, not only that it'll be a death sentence between us two but it's best not to kill the ones we need help of" Daric said nodding in agreement then took another drink from the bottle "thunder lizards, dragons, trolls, orcs everything is just getting better and better".

He sighed and looked at the other two "alright, where do we start? you wanna go find some help in the land of orcs or go to the storm and hope one of them will be sensible enough to let us meet stormrider or do we avoid all of the above and sneak in to the land to find him?"
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

"Good luck trying to sneak into Dragonblight," Merrick said, chuckling. "There is a path which goes north through the Badlands and even through the Troll Hills. Beyond that I'm afraid so few people have gone that far that your guess is as good as mine, but at that point the peaks of Dragonblight should be visible anyway. There is an old sentry post near the border of the Orc lands you can use to plan your path north though."

While Merrick spoke Ariadne felt her eyes drawn towards the ceiling, unable to shake the feeling there was someone else in the inn but too distracted to even notice what the others were saying at that moment.

Khal Drogo

Daric listened to Merrick intently "alright, let's go that route I suppose, anything else an outsider like me should know?" he asked before turning to see that Ariadne wasn't paying attention "hey Ariadne, you alright?" he said shaking her a little before trying to find what her eyes were looking at.
I'm always up for new RP and I've been trying to improve my writing. Anything with smut and story I'm in just hit me up, I have a request post but anything outside of it is good! check my O/O and hit me up!

Lady Jenn

"Merrick, who else is in this inn?" Ariadne asked, now certain she could sense they had company.

"Just us three and Alex," Merrick replied, although he sounded less than convinced by his own statement.

"Merrick, you're a terrible liar," Ariadne said. "Besides which fact I can sense the other occupants magic from down here, who are they?"

"You can't tell anyone," Merrick said with a sigh. "If I let you meet her you have to promise to keep her secret, or her life will be in severe danger."

Khal Drogo

Daric looked at Merrick with a raised eyebrow "I promise, but don't try anything funny" he said as he started to walk around to find the way up but he looked to Ariadne "so our friend here is a mage?"

Lady Jenn

"She's not a mage," Ariadne replied as Merrick led them up the stairs. "Her magic is...familiar, but I'm not sure why." They were led to the far end of the upper floor of the inn, down a seemingly empty corridor at the end of which was a plain looking door. But stood sentinel in front of it was a figure in a long red cloak, its hood hiding its face entirely, although the sleeves had rolled back far enough that, gripping a large spear, a pair of heavily tattooed arms could be seen. The figure lowered its spear as they approached.

"Merrick, I thought we had an agreement?" the figure asked, its accent so thick Ariadne struggled to place where it could originate from. "We offer you what protection we can, and in return you spare her from any visitors."

"I apologise Faeran," Merrick said, putting his hands up. "I promise I would not bring just anyone here, they are friends."

"And why should I trust them?" Faeran asked, turning towards Ariadne and Merrick.

"I come from the Dawnhammer tribe," Ariadne said, before Merrick could reply himself. She had been studying the figure's tattoos and realised where she knew them from. "My kind and yours once considered each other friends, I promise whoever you are protecting faces no danger from us."

The figure was silent for a moment, before moving his hands to lower his hood, revealing a man's dark-skinned face with an intricate tattoo covering most of the left side of his face. "I had thought those who knew our secrets died many years ago," he said, opening the door and signalling for them to enter. "I should warn you, she is...not what she once was."

Ariadne bowed respectfully, stepping into the dimly-lit bedroom, only to let out a gasp. Lying on the room's low bed, her breathing ragged and her skin pale, was a young woman. Her eyes were half-closed, the barest glint of jade visible beneath the lids, but Ariadne's biggest surprise was visible against the pillows she lay against: a pair of paper-thin wings could be glimpsed, although a rip was just visible in one of the pair.

"Great Gaia," Ariadne said under her breath. "Merrick, this is no mere mage you are in the presence of...she's a Queen of the Sidhe, I didn't think they remained in these lands any longer."

Lady Jenn

Quote from: Lord Bane on June 12, 2019, 10:55:29 AM
"She's not a mage," Ariadne replied as Merrick led them up the stairs. "Her magic is...familiar, but I'm not sure why." They were led to the far end of the upper floor of the inn, down a seemingly empty corridor at the end of which was a plain looking door. But stood sentinel in front of it was a figure in a long red cloak, its hood hiding its face entirely, although the sleeves had rolled back far enough that, gripping a large spear, a pair of heavily tattooed arms could be seen. The figure lowered its spear as they approached.

"Merrick, I thought we had an agreement?" the figure asked, its accent so thick Ariadne struggled to place where it could originate from. "We offer you what protection we can, and in return you spare her from any visitors."

"I apologise Faeran," Merrick said, putting his hands up. "I promise I would not bring just anyone here, they are friends."

"And why should I trust them?" Faeran asked, turning towards Ariadne and Daric.

"I come from the Dawnhammer tribe," Ariadne said, before Daric could reply himself. She had been studying the figure's tattoos and realised where she knew them from. "My kind and yours once considered each other friends, I promise whoever you are protecting faces no danger from us."

The figure was silent for a moment, before moving his hands to lower his hood, revealing a man's dark-skinned face with an intricate tattoo covering most of the left side of his face. "I had thought those who knew our secrets died many years ago," he said, opening the door and signalling for them to enter. "I should warn you, she is...not what she once was."

Ariadne bowed respectfully, stepping into the dimly-lit bedroom, only to let out a gasp. Lying on the room's low bed, her breathing ragged and her skin pale, was a young woman. Her eyes were half-closed, the barest glint of jade visible beneath the lids, but Ariadne's biggest surprise was visible against the pillows she lay against: a pair of paper-thin wings could be glimpsed, although a rip was just visible in one of the pair.

"Great Gaia," Ariadne said under her breath. "Daric, this is no mere mage you are in the presence of...she's a Queen of the Sidhe, I didn't think they remained in these lands any longer."

Khal Drogo

He looked at the strange man with clothings he had not seen before, Daric replied when he asked why he should trust them "I'm an innkeeper, what am I gonna do throw alcohol at you?"

As the man revealed his tattooed face and dark skin, Daric wasn't sure how to react. Had this been in his tavern he'd give him free alcohol and interrogated him about his journey and story but this was no time for that. In the way they talked those around him knew of each other, and he was the only one left in the dark. "might I ask to be filled in please? who are you and what are the two of you doing here?" he said towards the man.

Upon hearing she was a queen he instinctively dropped to one knee, though it was half so he could look closer. "Sidhe? People of the mounds? Fairies? I mean, even in a world as strange as ours I'd find that hard to believe"

Lady Jenn

"Faeran's people..." Ariadne said, pausing for a moment. "I believe they are called the Asarni, although he is one of only two I have ever met."

"I fear my kind are nearly dying out," Faeran said, stepping into the room and slumping into a chair by the bed. At this point we are mostly found as bodyguards for those like her majesty here. Or I would be, but...what ails her is far beyond my knowledge to effect in any way."

"Please, don't bow," the Queen said, stirring and opening her eyes a fraction more as she turned to Daric. "I would not ask that of my own people, I will not demand it from a..." She paused for a moment, letting out a ragged cough. "A friend like you."

Khal Drogo

Daric hesitated before he stood up, he looked at the queen with an eyebrow raised "I'm honored to be called your friend, your highness" he said as he looked at the man and back to her "so, is there anything we can do for her? There must be an apothecary somewhere right?"

Lady Jenn

"I've tried telling her that," Faeran replied with a grunt. "But she refuses any help, keeps repeating something about her 'destiny'."

"You will have to forgive him," the Queen said, letting out a weak laugh. "His kin have never possessed magic, unlike other fairies. My name is Izzekaya," she paused, wincing slightly. "You...you will likely find this hard to believe, but I have reason to believe that our meeting was destined a long time ago."

Khal Drogo

Daric mouthed her name again to make sure he memorize it. "I don't believe in destiny" he said, keeping his voice low for the queen's sake "especially when it comes to sickness, please let us bring you a doctor then we can discuss then later. I don't know much about you but if you consider me a friend the least I could do is save my friend, the rest can wait" he said gently taking her hand in his.

Lady Jenn

When Izzekaya didn't immediately respond, Ariadne suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, saw an unusual discoloration in one of the two wings, letting out a gasp of realization. "You've not told him, have you?" she asked.

"I'm not the only one keeping secrets princess," the fairy replied, before she suffered a coughing fit. "If I told him...he would never have allowed me to come here. You can explain it to them if you wish."

"There is no medicine that can heal what is happening to her," Ariadne said, turning to Daric. "You might not believe it to look at her, but...she is centuries old. Sidhe magic becomes stronger with age, but the legends say that the downside of that is that they can sense when their death is coming. Some isolate themselves and refuse to use magic to try and prolong their death but...judging by Izzekaya's condition she has pushed herself to the point her body does not have long." She turned back to the Queen. "But why? What could possibly be worth your own life?"

"Because I believe I know how to ensure your quest is a success," the fairy answered. "And this was the only way I could be sure I'd find you before it was too late."

Khal Drogo

Daric looked back and forth between the two, trying to see their expressions and finally he locked eyes with the fairy, he sighed "alright, Izzekaya, if there's nothing we can do for you let's hear it then. What is it that it's so important you had to come find us at the cost of your lifespan?" he glanced at Ariadne for a moment but turned back to the fairy, figured he could ask about the secret later.

Lady Jenn

"It is an open secret that there are Orcs in the Badlands who oppose Blacktooth," the Sidhe replied. "Ordinarily tracing them would be difficult, but I know their location. I also know how to reach them while avoiding contact with the less...friendly greenskins. They are in Hellyon's Ravine."

"Hellyon's..." Ariadne fell silent for a moment. "What would Orcs being doing there? What would any creature be doing there?"

"The superstitions around that place make it a perfect hiding place for those who wish to remain hidden," Izzekaya replied. "I cannot make promises to you, but the one who leads them...his name is Drak'thel. Once, many moons ago, his grandfather swore fealty to the Dawnhammer clan. I believe, with that sword," she said, pointing to the Dawnhammer Blade, "he may be more willing to help you. And I fear that, even if Stormrider is half the dragon the rumours say he is, you will still need all the help you can find."

Khal Drogo

Darius nodded as they talked “thank you for your information, truly” he said taking her hand, giving it a kiss “normally I’d offer you come with us but you are in no condition to travel, before we make our destination to this Drak’thel I want to repay you for your help” he paused and looked her in the eyes, showing her he was sincere and serious “please tell me if there’s anything you’d like us to do for you”

Lady Jenn

"Ariadne, may I have a moment with Daric alone?" Izzekaya asked. "I fear my time is almost done and I have a message for him."

"Of course," Ariadne replied, walking to the door before turning, uttering something in a language only Izzekaya seemed to recognise, and leaving the room.

"Daric, I may not have known her as long as I wish I had," Izzekaya said, turning to Daric, "but she carries more burdens than she seems able to reveal. I suspect she will need to recruit her own people for the coming war and...I am uncertain what it is that is stopping her from bringing that up."

Khal Drogo

He was a little surprised when she wanted to talk to him alone and tried to understand what Ariadne said to no avail. He got closer to Izzekaya and listened close. He raised an eyebrow when she mentioned her recruiting "so you're saying I should stay with her and help her right? and find out whatever she is hiding"

Lady Jenn

"Exactly," she said, smiling weakly. "This...may not sound as reassuring as I intend it, but I believe...if you, Ariadne, the dragons and your allies are not strong enough to defeat Myraz, then none of us can." She let out a light cough, closing her eyes. "Good luck Daric, I hope you do not require it." Her grip on the blanket loosened, and with an eerie blue glow her body faded away.

"You should consider yourself special," Farean said, from the chair he hadn't left. "If a human has witnessed the passing of a Sidhe before, it has not been in more lifetimes than I can begin to comprehend."

Khal Drogo

Daric listened respectfully to her dying breath, engraving each of her word to his memory as he fought back the sadness though he couldn't tell why he was sad. They had only met for less than an hour and they barely knew each other, he turned to Farean when he remembered the man to be sitting there. He felt lucky he didn't show the man his emotions and took out his bottle, uncapped it and drank a fair amount before replacing the lid.

"Special? you made it sound like I was lucky, last thing I want is for another kind soul to leave this god forsaken place" he chuckled sadly standing up "so are we digging a grave for her or do you have another idea? The least I could do is give her a proper funeral." he said, looking at her lifeless body without turning to him, he stared at her for a few moments before turning to Farean "So what's your plan now? Since she wanted me and our princess friend to recruit I take it you're coming with us?" he walked up to the man, reaching a hand out for a handshake.

Lady Jenn

"She must be returned to her homeland," Farean replied. "Unfortunately if anyone other than me enters the Sidhe lands I...cannot be certain you will be welcomed. As for joining you..." He laughed as he glanced at his spear. "Don't allow my weapon to fool you, I am no fighter. I will attempt to persuade her kind to aid you however."

Khal Drogo

"thanks, for everything. I wish you save passage on your journey" he said to Farean before he walked out to Ariadne "hope you didn't evesdrop? either way we need to talk, there are things you aren't telling me aren't there? it's about time to let the cat out of the bag your highness" the way he said the last two words were slightly sarcastic, indicating he'd like to not be in the dark anymore.

Lady Jenn

"Royals don't become rangers," Ariadne said after a moment. "At least...we're not supposed to, there's no actual LAW against it. I took the step because...it was a combination of things." She slid to the floor, resting her head on her hands. "I had everything in my homeland: loving parents, a brother who would've risked his life for my safety, a..." she paused for a moment. "A lover who was no royal but I didn't care. Then my mother died of an unknown sickness, and when my father died while out visiting neighboring islands, my brother and I clashed as to whether they had been murdered or whether it was bad luck. When he told me I was too young to lead an army myself I...I gave up my place in the court. I gave up the first real relationship I'd ever had, all in order to escape the death I felt surrounded me there. I thought my new life would be better, and then..." She clenched both fists, gritting her teeth. "Then my fate became entwined with Myraz, whether I wished it or not."

Khal Drogo

"I see, I'm sorry to hear. What about your brother? Is he still around?" Daric asked, lowering himself next to her and tried to wrap his hand behind her and petted her back, trying to make her feel just a little bit better "you made it sound like someone was trying to kill you back there. So this is why you wanted to recruit an army? To avenge your lover? I'm assuming the odd arrow you had was for the bastard" Daric said, he felt a little jealous but not sure why he'd be. He didn't know this Royal until just a few days prior at most "I trust you, that's why I wanted you on this journey, if you trust me you can tell me anything or confide with me. I may not be able to replace your lover, not that I planned to anyways, but I do want us to become friends. Or more if you so chose" he said with a reassuring smile, trying to cheer her up.

Lady Jenn

"My brother still lives, as far as I know anyway," she replied. "But I have not heard news of those lands since I left. That wasn't the lover I wish vengeance for though. There is one thing you must know about elven love: we are only supposed to fall in love once. But my love was more...unusual than most." She took one of the lockets from under her tunic. "She was a human, from your city. We met when she got lost in the forest on an errand for Karolina. We were happy, we were in love...but I could not bear to watch my love grow old when I would not. But even when she married another we remained close. Until..." She let out a sad laugh. "The irony is, the day she died, when we were supposed to meet but I went off on a ridiculous wild goose chase, she was going to tell me that she couldn't bear to be without me, that she wanted to rekindle our love if I would take her back." She paused, tears pricking her eyes as she opened the locket and showed it to Daric, a surprise waiting inside: a picture of Ainur, the same woman the blacksmith had mourned.