News:

Main Menu

400 Facebook Friends

Started by Raveled, March 12, 2010, 09:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raveled

My brother-in-law just announced that he has 400 Facebook Friends. That's great and all, but... HOW!? How in the world does someone meet 400 people they can stand, let alone keep up with? I realize that he uses Facebook for business purposes as well, but still -- four hundred? Does this strike anyone else as just a little absurd?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Trieste

No more ridiculous than the fact that I've seen people hit the 4000-friend cap.

Artema

This probably works as a snowball.
Facebook routinely offers anyone to add their friend's friends to the friends list, and the more friends you have, the more people would be advertised to add you as a friend.
All you have to do is answer positively to all the friend requests you get.

Arhys

Not at all absurd to me though I get your point :)  People use fb in different ways.  I have one profile with close to 5000 friends purely for gameplaying purposes, my irl profile has a lot too but includes professional/political connections and I am active in a lot of different groups.  I will start a business profile as soon as some legalities are completed.  And I have two twitters.

Naturally some people only use fb to keep up with friends and family, but there are a lot of other good uses to social media so I don't find it surprising at all that people network that way.