A Heart's Wish (GM: Swashbuckler and Loves) all welcome

Started by Loves, February 23, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

This whole siren discussion puts me in mind of the last banshee on the discworld. From memory he suffers from a problem with shyness, so pushes a piece of paper under the door with his cry written upon it, knocks politely and then leaves.
Imagine a banshee with the same problem... Used to scaring people silly and unable to even squeak in Faircastle.

Edit: I believe the note said something like. "Eeeee Ooo Eeeee-eeeee Ooo."
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Praxis

A real life siren...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfywB4K3xOw

Loves...revised character sheet incoming. (not a siren.   ;) )

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

Quote from: Loves on June 04, 2015, 07:26:28 AM
lol

I like your trouble causing spark  ;)
'

though it would be funny to have a Siren that didn't have her powers any more...  wouldn't that be amusing.... she's all... come to me, you can't resist me... and the guy is like...what? do I have something in my teeth?

;D

I do my best hun ;)
*huggles*

only thing is now to find a story that the old woman would read to children that would include a siren ... or even the Banshee that Skyre suggested :P

*whistles innocently and saunters out to leave them all search in Leo's library for the right stories*  >:)

Vergil Tanner

We-ell, the obvious answer would be "Greek Mythology," since we had Hades and had (have?) Hercules, so that could be an easy in. I'm sure there are plenty of tales with Sirens in them, but I'm not so sure whether there are any named Sirens around. Something to research, perhaps? Or do they not have to be specifically named in the stories to be viable choices?
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Loves

There are Sirens in that story with my *drools* favorite pirate, Sinbad

which, btw, is an open character.... and oh boy do I wish someone would make him  so I can do soooo many naughty things :P
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

Yes it does ;)

it's also got the goddess Discord  >:) ... depending if we're talking about the Legend of the Seven Seas the Disney thingy or not  ;D

Praxis

Quote from: Loves on June 04, 2015, 10:28:25 AM
There are Sirens in that story with my *drools* favorite pirate, Sinbad

which, btw, is an open character.... and oh boy do I wish someone would make him  so I can do soooo many naughty things :P

On it!

...I probably just dated myself with the Sinbad reference.

Quote from: Red Tempest on June 04, 2015, 10:32:05 AM
Yes it does ;)

it's also got the goddess Discord  >:) ... depending if we're talking about the Legend of the Seven Seas the Disney thingy or not  ;D

Discord is...oh my.  She's something.

Loves

Quote from: Red Tempest on June 04, 2015, 10:32:05 AM
Yes it does ;)

Love the Goddess Discord!  She's my kinda gal!

Quote from: Praxis on June 04, 2015, 10:32:27 AM

On it!

Smartass :P
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Vergil Tanner

LOL, true, true. There are also Merpeople from Narnia, which are effectively part Mermaid, part Siren. So that's an option too! XD

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Swashbuckler

Loves

I'm so doing the Goddess of Discord!

Red is taking Elsa
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

You'd make an awesome Discord  >:)

am hugging Elsa and stealing her away to make snowmen  ;D

Quote from: Praxis on June 04, 2015, 10:32:27 AM

On it!

...I probably just dated myself with the Sinbad reference.

Discord is...oh my.  She's something.

lol had no clue who he was, had to google

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 04, 2015, 10:34:45 AM
LOL, true, true. There are also Merpeople from Narnia, which are effectively part Mermaid, part Siren. So that's an option too! XD

my word we've totally cracked the fairytale world wide open today  ;D

Loves

Quote from: Red Tempest on June 04, 2015, 10:57:59 AM
You'd make an awesome Discord  >:)

am hugging Elsa and stealing her away to make snowmen  ;D

lol had no clue who he was, had to google

my word we've totally cracked the fairytale world wide open today  ;D

thank you my friend :)
I am sure the magic of the town will give Elsa as much snow and ice that she would like for her snowmen

lol

Vergil's crack is showing :P
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

Quote from: Loves on June 04, 2015, 11:01:43 AM

Vergil's crack is showing :P

I so took this the wrong way.
suddenly visions of builders butt came to mind  ::)

Vergil Tanner

Swashbuckler

Ooooooh, Olaf.

Snowmen.....buckets.....mops.... >:) >:)

Loves

Quote from: Red Tempest on June 04, 2015, 11:05:46 AM
I so took this the wrong way.
suddenly visions of builders butt came to mind  ::)

nope, you took it the way that I intended   lok
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

Quote from: Loves on June 04, 2015, 11:15:37 AM
nope, you took it the way that I intended   lok

*gigglesnorts*

;D

Quote from: Swashbuckler on June 04, 2015, 11:08:56 AM
Ooooooh, Olaf.

Snowmen.....buckets.....mops.... >:) >:)

LMAO

just let it go Swash ... let it go :P

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra

Quote from: Loves on June 04, 2015, 11:25:57 AM
LOL
watch this..... sooooo funny!

ROFL!!

cracked up laughing!

I'd totally be the little girl in the background.
I love that damn movie  ;D

Swashbuckler

Back to OOC you two....*cracks whip*   C:)

Loves

Ha! Can't make me!

For Eris, The Goddess of Discord.....I hear by claim Nicole Scherzinger
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Kendra