The Twin Kingdoms of Zagzys and Bergovia [AD&D]

Started by The Great Triangle, February 14, 2010, 04:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

You could always quest for a ring of wishing to raise some of your 14s to 15s.  A sword of luck might also be within your price range, which might raise your attributes if you carry it around for long enough. 

If you're feeling particularly crazy, you could also buy a whole bunch of potions and see if any of them combine into a permanent attribute increasing serum.  (who knows, you might discover a cheap way of making a grenade or nerve gas while you're playing with alchemy)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

National Acrobat

Character has been added to the wiki.

My scores aren't that great either Ixy, but I have two over 13, and I like rolling.

I ended up with a 16, 14, 11, 10, 9, 9

The Great Triangle

I have revised the rules on strength so that fighting classes get between a +1 and +5 bonus to their strength scores.  Although I don't think any of you are playing fighters at the moment, so it's not especially relevant.

Ons and Offs

Ixy

I may have done that wrong, but... I posted the sheet, background, description.  It's under New Character, like you said, but I really don't know if I placed it correctly. help? :D

Much of it's missing because it's N/A (I used the 66 point buy for a fighter, and OH YEAH CAPS LOCK rolled a 95 on strength.  Check my rolls on the dicebot, seriously.  I was so excited I nearly-- well, anyway...)  I'm not 100% on the AC and Attack Bonus.  I know specialization's an option, and you'd better believe I'm going to specialize in one weapon.

Depending on if we're looking at deep delving, I might drop the horse/lance bit.  It's a little continental for a viking-like warrior.  I could also switch to Barbarian still and keep essentially the same background and everything, just drop the armor (an idea that scares me, really...)

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Ixy on February 19, 2010, 02:59:16 PM
I may have done that wrong, but... I posted the sheet, background, description.  It's under New Character, like you said, but I really don't know if I placed it correctly. help? :D

Much of it's missing because it's N/A (I used the 66 point buy for a fighter, and OH YEAH CAPS LOCK rolled a 95 on strength.  Check my rolls on the dicebot, seriously.  I was so excited I nearly-- well, anyway...)  I'm not 100% on the AC and Attack Bonus.  I know specialization's an option, and you'd better believe I'm going to specialize in one weapon.

Depending on if we're looking at deep delving, I might drop the horse/lance bit.  It's a little continental for a viking-like warrior.  I could also switch to Barbarian still and keep essentially the same background and everything, just drop the armor (an idea that scares me, really...)

Long term, you'll likely be better off with a fighter, since specialization bonuses stack up pretty well.

Your backstory is also very good.  Go ahead and upgrade one of your weapons to +1 if you like.

Ons and Offs

Ixy

Yay, thanks :)  Ok, editing, but ready to start.   EXCEPT i need a Lord or Lady to serve.  I saw the invites before, and really appreciate it.  Any ideas for linking backgrounds?  I'm all for suggestions, and can be pretty flexible.

Tagan

If this is still open, I'm interested.  In first edition I played a fighter, then an Elf.  (Elf being a class was pretty strange, but I liked it for some reason.

I'll work up a character sheet.

Ah, a Half Elven Magic-User/Thief.  A poor, abandoned, street urchin steals a spellbook and decides that the rich and powerful in the world need taking down a peg or two.

Coral (No last name) Calls herself Nightshade.

Stats rolled: 8, 13, 13, 11, 16, 14. (which I was quite happy with!)

Ixy

Quote from: Tagan on February 19, 2010, 07:27:55 PM
If this is still open, I'm interested.  In first edition I played a fighter, then an Elf.  (Elf being a class was pretty strange, but I liked it for some reason.

I'll work up a character sheet.

Ah, a Half Elven Magic-User/Thief.  A poor, abandoned, street urchin steals a spellbook and decides that the rich and powerful in the world need taking down a peg or two.

Coral (No last name) Calls herself Nightshade.

Stats rolled: 8, 13, 13, 11, 16, 14. (which I was quite happy with!)
Does a Drow Ranger/Thief run around trying to do things to help her, but really just make things worse? ;D

WyzardWhately

And is she willing to help fight Cthulhu-cultists?
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Ixy

That's true, we could slag some Cthulu-cultists.  I'm sure we won't end up batshit-crazy or anything...

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Ixy on February 19, 2010, 10:08:30 PM
That's true, we could slag some Cthulu-cultists.  I'm sure we won't end up batshit-crazy or anything...

D&D adventurers are made of much sterner stuff, fortunately, than the effete and neurotic antiquarians who so often played the role of HPL's protagonists. 

There's actually a hell of a story by Robert E. Howard that affects a great deal of eldritch horror, but ends with a cowboy killing Dracula, more or less. 

D&D has more in common with REH than HPL, even when we steal HPL's monsters.  :D

I'm not saying it won't be dangerous, mind you.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

National Acrobat

I could have swore I posted my character in the wiki, but now it's not there.

Anathanasia

I actually kinda made a character I didn't figure would be venturing into dungeons...assassins like civilization, y'know?

Could just make things more interesting, though, hehe. ;)
A Special Craving: Rookie Cop has a Bad Day

My Cravings & Desires: Six Ideas in Search of a GM, Solo System RPs

Avatar provided with permission by the artist, Vaesark!

RubySlippers

I would like to play and rolled my characters ability scores IN ORDER, a good Ironman move. Well they are interesting - Strength 8, Dexterity 6, Constitution 11, Intelligence 12, Wisdom 12 and Cha 17.

I'm thinking a Human Cleric (will always have a 5% chance of a spell fraking but that can be fun to) of some non-combat diety that favors Charisma. She is no combat monster but taking the right approach can get around that little problem. Like being the mistress of some warlord or other sort that can do favors for her maybe a courtesan type.

I won't do anything until I find out if there is an opening on the dark side.

Tagan

Quote from: WyzardWhately on February 19, 2010, 09:53:31 PM
And is she willing to help fight Cthulhu-cultists?

Are they wealthy or arogant?  Then yes!

The Great Triangle

Looks like we've got a good group of adventurers.  There's another patron of adventurers trying to find the Book of Exalted Deeds, who you guys can adventure with as well. 

As for a cleric of a noncombat diety, I reccomend either Venus, goddess of love, or Tlazolet, goddess of lust.  Lovitar, the goddess of vengeance, also favors charisma, but she's evil, and a patron of assassians. 

A temple of Cthulhu is a really good place for an assassian though, since most of the enemies there will be humanoid and vulnurable to assassination.  (though unfortunately not any great old one type creatures they have hanging around.) 

Quote from: National Acrobat on February 19, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
I could have swore I posted my character in the wiki, but now it's not there.

I'll look into that.  Which character was yours again?  I'll try and find it. 

Ons and Offs

National Acrobat

The Great Triangle

Went and got the link to your character sheet fixed.  I must have accidentally whisked it off at some point or something.  :-)

Ons and Offs

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Tagan on February 20, 2010, 05:09:18 AM
Are they wealthy or arogant?  Then yes!

It's quite probable that they have many slime-encrusted gems, and other treasures obtained from the pitch-dark vaults of the deepest oceans.

Also, there's at least one being from the temple that I'm likely to specifically put a hit out on, so an assassin isn't inappropriate.

RubySlippers

Tlazolet, goddess of lust could be amusing, where is the game going to be content wise after all it can get rather unseemly when worshipping her for some here. But she would fit.

Oh I had to ask can I get sexy cut leather armor as in armor that protects as Padded but ,er, suitable for the purpose of her calling but protects the vitals and head enough to be a bit useful. Thnk crotchless, easy to remove parts of and hell hot when worn. And I need to neutralize the _1 Dex Modifier at least with the less weight she is not that strong.

Do you have a character sheet you want us to use?

The Great Triangle

I don't have any character sheet I want you to use, but I'll be using a rules variation of 1st edition.  Padded armor isn't actually present (though available as a variant of leather) and armor simply lowers thief skills and movement speed, so you won't have to worry about stat problems. 

The game will be NC-E, and likely ready to get going soon, once you round out the adventuring group.  I'll append some extra enchantment spells to Tlazolet's religion description at some point. 

Ons and Offs

RubySlippers

Tagan

As I am still restricted to my I-touch, I can't open the experience document.  After three levels of magic-user do I have enough exp left for 3 levels of thief or not?

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Tagan on February 20, 2010, 03:53:37 PM
As I am still restricted to my I-touch, I can't open the experience document.  After three levels of magic-user do I have enough exp left for 3 levels of thief or not?

MU 3 costs 4,800

Thief 3 costs 2,500.

WyzardWhately

Incidentally, Triangle, I actually broke out my old 1E books and have been using them.  Should I be using OSRIC instead?  I'm not intimately familiar with it, so if there are differences in the XP charts or spell descriptions or what have you, I'm unaware of them.