Tentative interest check for a small group erotic horror game.

Started by NileGoddess, January 15, 2013, 10:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

I have a loose idea for an odd sort of group game I was thinking of. I'd like to delve more into the realm of macabre/horror with erotic twists, and was wondering if I could put together a group of writers for something of that nature.

My basic idea is this: a handful of young adults decide to spend a week along in some remote area. This could be something like a remote camping area, a house, or even a spooky castle. I'd almost be more in favor of the most latter, to give it something more of a rustic/cliche horror aspect akin to Dracula or Frankenstein. The group would, as dictated by cliche horror story rules, be picked off by some force one by one, and this would be the meat of the story. It could range from erotic Poltergeist-esque paranormal terror or possession to things like vampires, zombies, the occult, or something straight out of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Another gimmick would be that characters would fit certain stereotypes, akin to something like Cabin in the Woods, such as labeling the ditzy, busty blonde as 'The Bimbo', or the cocky football player 'The Jock'. Their cliches could mirror the situations that they find themselves in.

So in summary, this would be more of a collaborative writing project with the intent to have some fun writing some campy horror roleplay scenarios. My hope is that if other people take interest, some idea bouncing could get going. Otherwise, if things or interest falls short, I'll just go back to the drawing board until I think of something else.

Surgate

This looks like tremendous fun! For starters I'm calling "The Fool" stereotype, Marty was by far my favorite character, so my character will most likely be a stoner as well. Given the open nature of this genre, I think a collision of multiple threats would keep us on our toes as well.

norikooriginals

Sounds very fun!  I love horror movies, and would love to play the slut ;)  The cliches are typical, would the order in which they disappear be akin to that in horror movies, or what?
If you drop an RP, please PM me and let me know

NileGoddess

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2013, 09:23:26 AM
I might be interested, although I would like someone to clearify "Picked off." If this means that someone becomes a victim of something perverted and erotic, I find my interest growing If it means that characters will be killed off, my interest drops.

Thanks

Being picked off could range from erotic situations to death, or a mix of the two if that's what the player finds interesting. It would be pretty hard to do a horror story in which everyone lives.

Noxxi

.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

Robyn Hood

I'd be interested. I'm not so sure about getting picked off unless it was a sufficiently erotic death ~_^

Nameless One

I'm very interested! Loving horror movies and erotic horror, I'm thrilled.
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

NileGoddess

Alright, sounds like some people are at least interested in the loose concept. To those voicing their concern with character death, it need not be an explicit scene. If preferred, it could be an implication, with fade to black, and the details being loosely described later (as seen in some horror movies).

What I'd like from people are some suggestions for some horror and erotic elements, and these can range from any horror trope from movies or books. I have a few in my mind, but I'd like to see if people had other suggestions.

Noxxi

I like the idea presented in American Horror Story that once our character's die, assuming they are going to die, they would be allowed to become part of the "haunting". Not in the sense that they can warn the other players but perhaps their more cruel natures come out in death.
.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

Surgate

I second Noxxi's opinion. And also think mental illness/insanity can be a likely consequence for at least one of our characters, make them become a psycho party member.

NileGoddess

Did anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions? Still trying to brainstorm a loose plot or story concept.

Fetwick

I think the House on Haunted Hill scenario works well for a spooky castle. There's 5 people either related or just complete strangers who are invited to stay the night for a hefty sum of money... if they can survive the night. Meanwhile, all kinds of cooky stuff happens, ect.

Tybalt

This sounds like fun. Maybe a mix of supernatural and normal threats? There's some evil force at work, as well as your run of the mill psycho. Maybe a Behind the Mask kind of character, like Leslie Vernon.

TheHangedOne

Here's a question: As the idea of erotic encounters and monsters has been mentioned, would there be room for me to play a male, very sexual monster of some sort? Something to stalk and hunt the females?  >:)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Nameless One

I'd be more inclined towards the erotic nature of the horror encounters, not just blood and terror...  ::)

And about the nature of threats: I'd prefer we define neatly if the story involves supernatural horrors (ghosts, zombies, ancient gods, demonic presences, possessed objects or anything else) o mundane ones (psycho killers, evil aliens, artificial creatures animated by a mad scientist, cheesy low budged monsters, and so on).

Mixing genres rarely goes well, in my opinion.

...and I vote for the ghosts / wraiths / haunted manor / possessed & animated objects version of the story. I have a kink for the infamous Evil Dead trees-rape scene...
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs