Elf Quest RP Request

Started by Rukio, February 27, 2011, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Well....I don't want to insert myself in the RP if my char isn't accepted...that would just lead to her being ignored. I -do- tend to play a damn good pain in the ass...*cough*. So..if/when it's worked out whether or not you want a Winnowill, Rukio..you just PM me. I like your idea of having had her spirit inhabit Rayek(I remember him now). But I also don't want discontent in your game. SO...I'm available if you like, if not, good RPing!

JinZah

Quote from: kckolbe on March 21, 2011, 07:40:19 PM
Planes Runner?

They're one of the tribes in the Elfquest RPG from the 80's, same as the Wavedancers. The only difference is that the Wavedancers eventually made it into a comic, while the Plane Runners stalled at the concept art stage. The idea behind them was a kind of nomadic tribe that rode No Humps, and fallowed large herds of prey animals. they used the animals (i forget the name for them) as food, tools, shelter, ect., much like some native american tribes.

Without the Palace i could easily see some the Go Backs returning to there nomad roots, In time becoming this tribe, while the Wolfriders were sleeping the ages away in wrapstuff.

Embiechan

Ok.. slightly confused. Realize, I have most of the original quest memorized, and I know some of king's of the broken wheel - other than that I'm not up to date. I think I'm going to cuddle up with the web-server comic and catch up.

Are we in an parallel timeline and just using the world, playing distant possible relatives to the cannon characters, or are we still going to be in enough timeline to interact with the cannon cast? Just trying to wrap my head around where we are going to be.

kckolbe

We will be well past the canon, five chiefs AFTER Ember.  Some canon characters may still be alive though.  Hope that helps. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rukio

I was setting it up so that Duskblade was the 16th Wolfrider chief and taking advantage of the fact that they aren't very consistent with the development of human society. After all, The Shards block seemed to have humans on the verge of an industrial society and right afterward, there were nomadic tribal humans again. I was gonna take advantage of that fact and have the humans be about as technologically advanced as the elves. You know, to even the playing field.

TheMuseErato

~Cracks her knuckles~

Sorry it took me so long to get back, spent the day in bed and I'm at the whim of using a computer at the cafe in my complex..I digress.
Order of business the first: I realize that my last message sounded kinda, er..actually, bitchy. So I apologize to Rukio for that one as well as to JinZah since my reply in PM's was a bit curt as well. I'm really a nice person..honest. ~Coughs~

I still plan on making characters for Duskblade's tribe to even things out so Trueshot isn't left with all the characters. And I can also make male characters if needed to which brings me to the matter of the plot and a suggestion for it.
Personally, I'm game to have Winnowicked show up in a new form and create havoc for the elves. It would also stand to reason why the two tribes would need to come together and unite all the more. Also, Rukio wants more human characters and Winnowill DID have a human form for a brief time during the Shards saga. And man, was she ever badass.
My suggestion for plot is this; Duskblade's tribe is directly descended from Cutter's tribe whereas Trueshot's tribe is directly descended from Ember's tribe.
Perhaps there is a new threat that prompts a quest for Trueshot's tribe or maybe a recognition? Maybe a member of one tribe is able to do that spirit travel thing that Suntop/Sunstream, Cutter's son was able to do and recognizes with an elf of the opposite tribe, thus forcing the two tribes to find one another?
I also like the idea of Trueshot having a lovemate already and then recognizing with Duskblade, but reluctant to accept it.
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

TheMuseErato

(Another character to add, this one goes to Duskblade's tribe)

Name: Dandelion

(Since I cannot upload images from my computer, here you go! http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Elfquest&order=9&offset=216#/dgu9h1 )

Soul name: Ryl (Pronounced 'Rill')

Tribal Position: Healer as well as a skilled storyteller

History: The sole cub born to his parents, Dandelion grew into his healing power very early in life. It's said that while his mother carried him, she seemed to glow with radiance and that because of his power, her birthing was virtually painless and extremely easy. His father was a skilled tracker and showed his son where healing herbs were to assist the boy in his intended duty as healer to the tribe. Dandelion's only regret is that he was too far away when his father was bitten by a poisonous serpent and died before he could reach him.
Because of the devotion and support of his parents, he takes his role as healer serious and has dedicated himself to supporting Duskblade as well as entertaining his tribemates with song and story.

Personality: Generally a sunny and happy individual who enjoys a good romp in the furs and bringing joy to those around him. Laughter is the best medicine after all, though he can be serious at times. Definately more of a lover than a fighter however but if there is no other option, he will pick up a spear and defend what matters to him. A romantic but hasn't gotten too serious as of yet with any lovemates. A bit insecure deep down however that he doesn't look as 'manly' as some of the other elves.

Wolf friend: Root

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Wolf#/doccgh
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

TheMuseErato

Embiechan

I hope not. I know Rukio said he wanted more characters, but I'm afraid if we don't jump to soon we'll lose the game as a whole.

Anyone who hasn't built a character who has shown interest, want to put up at least a concept - pics or no - just so we know what characters we have?

bubby

Perhaps someone should message Rukio and offer to take the game over for him if he doesn't have time to do it? I'd still like to play Winnowill if possible....

Rukio

GRARGH!!!!!  >:( Stupid! School and stupid homework! I swear I have time to keep doing this. I'm more free now. I've just been caught up at work and school so much. I'll make an effort to post at least once a day from now on.  I would like everyone still interested to post a character profile please. It doesn't have to have a picture. A description will do nicely if you can't find one that suits your taste. I only have 4 right now. I'm looking for at least two more elves and a few humans before I get to opening the game itself.

Zaer Darkwail

I long time ago read the comics which were published, sadly tough the comics did not go farther than sun people related (comic book 5-6 at best? Need find the rest XD).

Anyways could roll up elf or human char. Need think concept little bit more and check wikipedia.

TheMuseErato

elfquest.com :-) They have all the comics uploaded

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheMuseErato on March 30, 2011, 08:32:24 AM
elfquest.com :-) They have all the comics uploaded

They have? Great! Also checked in wikipedia that there may be movie in making in near future (promise was made in 2008). Also there is Elfquest 2 kind of series with 31 books. Anycase I wonder about shapers; can be there fire shaper? Or water shapers? I wodner as there is wood and stone/rock shapers could be there shapers to all element types (fire, air, earth and water).

Zaer Darkwail

Vernyl Fireheart

Soul Name: Fir
Elf species: Sun-Folk (desert elf basically but from different part of world)
Position in his former village: Fireshaper, jeweler and smith
Description: Vernyl Fireheart is taller than wolfriders and most elves (because he is son of elder). But height difference is not much as he is fairly very young for a elf (image wise think he is head and half taller than Cutter). But no doubt once he grows few more centuries to his belt he can tower everyone in height like elder did.
History: Vernyl Fireheart comes from among Sun-Folk, but from different tribe than from what Wolfriders befriended with originally. Vernyl is a son of the elder of the village and early life he had discovered he had rare gift; ability to control fire. In old myths elves who had this gift could conjure blazes of fire and manipulate it great extend, as some elves even manifested a manifestation of fire; light. However Vernyl's gift is not that strong but potent in it's own ways. He can increase or reduce heat of any fire source. He can change coloring of fire and he can heat metal just by touching it and he does not get burned easily by fire. So he can shape metal bare handed because his intense heat burns on metal, making it softer to handle and he does not get burn in process. Naturally silver and gold which go very soft by heat was easy for him to shape while steel or harder metals asks more physical power in his part to bend. So he became village's natural expert jeweler because he could heat metal to allow squeeze gem stones into metal and make beautiful jewelry with very organic design and feel to them.

But few times when in extreme emotion he has made accidentally increased other living creatures temperatures, one case make person faint from sudden fever which lasted whole day. Another case he had caused a existing camp fire to erupt in sudden powerful blaze which scorched person near the fire. These two cases has made him focus extensively not loose his temper or go angry and so forth. As he knows the key power to cause destruction with fire is negative powerful emotions and he is sure in extreme case he could perform one the ancient fireshaper weaving which conjure fire from out thin air to cause extreme harm.

Vernyl lived in shadow of his elder mother, admiring her and her wisdom. They lived in oasis with few rocks and rich vegetation around it. They had build houses from clay and from cured leathers from their herd animals and from few trees were used as support beams. But their idyllic life ended when wandering band of troll warparty found oasis and it's occupants and attacked! Many died in attack, including Vernyl's mother who tried reason with trolls but got killed down by arrow in chaos of first confrontation. In rage his village had responded to this act with bloodlust which was not natural way of their people. They caused return casualties with simple tools but only reward was making trolls truly mad and cause more than half villagers killed in the attack. Vernyl and few others were knocked out and brought in as slaves to trolls who lived in blackstone mountain.

In there Vernyl was only male left from his village, rest had been killed in battle. Only reason why he was spared because the warparty captain had seen him melt bare hands steel sword which handle he had gripped during grappling his opponent. They forced him to work in their forges or otherwise women of the village would suffer or be even killed from his defiance far before his turn would come up! With that blackmail Vernyl endured twenty years living in trolls forge as 'heater' as they called him. He made forges embers burn brighter and hotter, allowing faster work with steel, armor and also do jewelry for them. He learned also smithcraft from trolls and he learned use his gift to forge weapons. Years in forge had given him hardy endurance and muscles, but in his back and legs are dozen whip marks from troll slave watchers who whipped him if he happened be slower than usual, even when he was sick or tired he was forced to work.

He saw his village women served as servants, bakers and so on. Also collector of herbs and one had gift with animal speak so she tended beasts of burden trolls had. Then trolls greed backfired on them when they mined suddenly onto bottom of a lake! Causing massive collapse in tunnels and causing large parts of blackstone keep to collapse! Literally wash their occupants out down into canyon into river! Vernyl was among the washed up trolls and debris and he fell down to canyon into river. By some miracle he survived the experience barely alive. He was found by one member of Wolfrider tribe in the river.

Embiechan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 31, 2011, 03:55:37 AM
By some miracle he survived the experience barely alive. He was found by one member of Wolfrider tribe in the river.

*Volunteers!* ^.^

You would need a healer, after all that... after all *Whistles innocently*

Rukio

Right on! We needed another elf character....... I'm not sure any of the sun folk had their soul names hidden, but..... Meh. What the hell? It's a custom character. He can have it.  ;D And yes. There were fire shapers. One back in the time of Timmorn was called Fastfire. That segment made little sense to me though. I did manage to pick up on him however.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Embiechan on March 31, 2011, 11:12:25 AM
*Volunteers!* ^.^

You would need a healer, after all that... after all *Whistles innocently*

Indeed :D. He does need healer as he is half-drown and battered down the river. I intent roleplay from point when he is found if GM is alright with that. Perhaps him searching remaints of his village could become kind of sidequest for some others. Anyways there had been fireshapers before? Nice so I do not completely make up them. I just hope my abilities are not too strong, I do not intent my char be fireball tossing sort of guy. But beware if he gets seriously angry and he happens carry pair of torches in his hand....

What I recall the sun folk do have soul names but most simply do not know them. As soul name is important part of the recogniction. Wolfriders as I recall know their soul names but never tell them expect their recognized partners (and to parents). But I think it's not impossible for sun folk learn their soul names, and my char is custom sort and he was son of elder so he may know his soul name.

Embiechan

From my memory, Cutter was surprised when Leetah 'didn't have one' and she called him silly and said 'We don't have them, as we do not have the need to hide our inner selves.'

With Vernyl's background, however - it could have easily developed when he was acting as a slave/tool for the trolls. at least that's what my mind says.

TheMuseErato

Sun Villagers long lost the need to have a soul name, but it's our roleplay, right? Or namely Rukio's so if he allows it, then there we go.
I can make another elf if you need one, Rukio, just pm me with the sort that you need and who is going to which tribe? I mean, eventually they'll be one tribe.
Also JinZah and Kckoble haven't made characters yet.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Embiechan on March 31, 2011, 04:38:51 PM
From my memory, Cutter was surprised when Leetah 'didn't have one' and she called him silly and said 'We don't have them, as we do not have the need to hide our inner selves.'

With Vernyl's background, however - it could have easily developed when he was acting as a slave/tool for the trolls. at least that's what my mind says.

Ah, true. I forgot that part of the story. But thanks for good idea explain why my char has soul name; 20 years slavery he developed a more personal name, a soul name, to keep himself sane and able endure hardship.

kckolbe

Nightarrow
Soul Name: Lim
Elf Species: Wolfrider
Position in tribe: Sentry, Occasional Hunter
Description:  Tall (for a Wolfrider), with long arms and pale skin, Nightarrow might be the most visible target at night.  He has blond hair and dark green eyes.  He has deep, sunken eyes and a very piercing stare.
History: Born to Moontree and Leafblade, the former of which was a constant antagonist to the then chief Firebrand, who was seen to take too many unnecessary risks.  As cubs, Nightarrow and Trueshot would often hear their the chief and woodshaper at wills, though it never escalated to much beyond yelling.
Nightarrow, like many of the old way, prefers sending to talking, and can send quite powerfully, with an angry send from him far worse than someone yelling in your ear.  He brags on being the most accurate with the arrow whip, which no one strong enough to pull a bow challenges him on.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Embiechan

For those who weren't aware this was going on...

Elfquest Fan Trailer teaser

^.^

Rukio

O_O.  Holy crap! Almost too much awesome. I'm cool with Zaer's character having a soul name. What tribe were you wanting to start from kckolbe?

kckolbe

I'll be from Trueshot's tribe

Intro Thread