Al Ravis Academy

Started by DreadD, April 27, 2008, 04:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

Alchemy, the improbable magical power by which a series of objects can be transformed into an entirely different object, capable of making powerful healing salves and deadly weapons...  Manas, beings of immense power, essances of the world, many of which bind and work with alchemists, greatly improving their powers to do alchemy and combat the foes they might meet in the wild collecting ingredients, or if people would attempt to abuse their powers...  Because of the immense potency of alchemy, practice without proper liscense is illegal, and there is but one official school, Al Ravis Academy.  Sealed in a magic bubble on a floating island, illegal entry is... Difficult, if not impossible, and students are forced to remain on campus throughout their entire training...

(Setting stolen wholesale from the game Mana Khemia)

Basic concept: Well, we have a group of teens-late teens stuck on an island with just each other for company for years on end, part of the RP will likely just be classes and interaction...  And if some of that interaction is dating or... More I think Elli would get along fine with it.  I'm willing to generally run it, but if someone wanted to say, create a heavier plot, or run a number of teachers or something... I think it could work great.

Also, a note on Manas: If one truly desires, one could certainly have a human enough mana for purposes of... Carnal relationships, I suppose, however, under no circumstances is it 'okay' for someone who has contracted a mana to have sex with it, it's considered very taboo, particularly since the mana basically lives in the contractor's body.

Notes: This is kind of an 'idea in progress' and open to more molding and shaping as participants desire.  I figured it could even be a Consensual Exotic game as I suspect rape is a good way to get kicked off the island and straight into prison.  As an added note, sex between students is generally frowned upon at the school as pregnancy tends to be bad for student grades, though it is not forbidden.  Teacher/Student relationships are actually much the same, so long as the teacher does not abuse their position (whether for or against the student) it's not actually against the rules.  Get a lot of funny looks and less raises that way, though.

Sabby

DreadD

Well that's one...  Did you want to try just a "Studen of Al Ravis" solo thread, or did you want something with more people?

Sabby

I'm stretched pretty thin right now, bt I love this idea a lot. So I'm definitely in for a group game, but I have more then enough one on ones going.

Arlyn

Hm, this sounds interesting to me.  Considering I have Mana Khemia, I think I know a little of the academy.  It certainly would fit in here, I think.  I'd be up for this one sometime, if it ever gets off the ground.

Haibane

I'm slightly interested but will need to read up on the universe first. This is anime-based, yes? If so I can d/l and watch it in no time.

Arlyn

Actually, they're video games for the PS2.  As far as I know, anyway.

Haibane

Uhm, that's a pity, I'm not a console gamer. Is there a good online resource for the game? I'm more than happy to invest time in reading up on it.  :)

Arlyn

There's not a huge amount of info, but... Here's the game's website.  http://www.nisamerica.com/games/M_K/home.html

DreadD

Honestly, just picking up the basic idea would be more than enough, I'm messing with the setting pleanty >_>

Haibane

Thanks, guys, I'll read up on it.

Jefepato

I just got Mana Khemia but haven't played it yet.  It sounds like it might make an interesting setting, though.

DreadD

Well, I'm willing to run with 3 or so people, so one last role call for those interestead and I'll set up an OOC thread so we can start character design or what have you >_>

DreadD

Well, I have had someone express interest in this again after a while, so if two other people have any sort of desire to participate, I'll be starting this.  Annyone?

Alexander

count me in for this one