We Could be Heroes (Sexy High School Superheroes) Recruiting thru Friday Night

Started by assleigh, April 29, 2014, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assleigh

Birchleaf, thanks for the proposal, it has promise and you clearly put one into it, so thank you. Before I go much further, I need you to rewrite the prompt because you missed an important nuance... It presumes you get date 1 and are shooting for going steady. Why? I'm a devious SOB looking to see a range of emotions, what your character would plan for the First Date with someone they care about and what it looks like to another 'person'. Also, I wanted to see reactions to another when that person has power over them and their happiness. Sorry if this comes off as me being a bitch, but my madness has a method :)

for your convenience here's the prompt:

2. It's D-day. That girl/boy you've been admiring for so long? You're going out with them; to do something/go somewhere nice for the day. And you're going to ask them to try dating with you. You have it all planned out. It'll work. Hopefully.
     In 3-4 paragraphs, tell us how the day pans out (where do you go and what do you do in the lead up to the question?) and how your character is going to approach his/her 'proposal' to their BF/GF-to-be. Also expand on your character's thoughts and feelings throughout the day and their history with this other person and why they've fallen for them.
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

assleigh

Quote from: Sephora on May 01, 2014, 09:11:51 PM
I have updated my profile and have decided to go with weather manipulation.  Copy cat would have been fun, but I feel like it would have been too tidy of a matched up with her psychological flaw. 

In reference to the conversation about sports:  If my character get's approved I would like to create a background where her siblings were all amazingly skilled athletes who helped the school win trophy after trophy.  Is that alright?  I can manage without it.
I'm good with the power selection, just remember it's rudimentary Weather Manipulation so you're not at Thor/Storm levels yet. Also *giggles* expect a few... Complications... As you learn to use that power :) Ofcourse that is true for everybody.
As for the star athlete sibling.... Cool... Name them and tell us what their legend is based off of...and prepare for a lot of... Really... You're X's sister... I thought you'd be... Also tell us where they are now :)
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Sephora

I am completely on board with the rudimentary weather powers.  Do you think she'd be able to make it rain early on though?  I'm just asking for it because I am loving the idea that when Maya is taking a test there will always be the saddest rainstorm in the world going on outside, and the test anxiety makes her control a little 'bumpy'. 

I will totally start working in basic backrounds for her older siblings now, and I was already anticipating Maya being known as X's sister. She has quite the complex about it. 

Birchleaf

Quote from: assleigh on May 01, 2014, 09:44:01 PM
Birchleaf, thanks for the proposal, it has promise and you clearly put one into it, so thank you. Before I go much further, I need you to rewrite the prompt because you missed an important nuance... It presumes you get date 1 and are shooting for going steady. Why? I'm a devious SOB looking to see a range of emotions, what your character would plan for the First Date with someone they care about and what it looks like to another 'person'. Also, I wanted to see reactions to another when that person has power over them and their happiness. Sorry if this comes off as me being a bitch, but my madness has a method :)

Ah, I am sorry about that. I will rewrite (read, add to the selection) immediately. I hope that it does not matter too much that the prompt is much longer than a mere three paragraphs; I sort of get carried away on these stand-alone things sometimes. Anyway, I will add the 'date' to what I already have.

It will not be a typical date, more of a morose what-could-have-been affair, but it will explore the themes that you mentioned (the going steady is a sort of half thing, where both people want it but both feel as if it is impossible). I hope that is satisfactory: otherwise I will switch to the other prompt. I do not want Matthew to have a happy love life for various reasons. 

Sephora

So I created a basic profile for Maya's siblings.  I added to my character's biography, but I will post it here as well.

Maya's siblings and their accomplishments in order:
Michael: Age 28,  the only nonathletic member of the Morales clan, and their first college graduate.  Became a Doctor and is currently in Kenya working for Doctors without Borders.
Rosia: Age 25, fencing champion in high school. She got a full ride to college and became a nutritionist. 
Bruno: Age 23, Lucas's twin, Linebacker in High school.  He is a line backer for the Oakland Raiders. 
Lucas: Age 23, Bruno's twin, linebacker in High school.  Broke his leg in college and currently works as a mechanic at the Morales Auto Repair shop.
Valentina: Age 21, track star and pole vaulter in high school, as well as a lead in several school plays.  She is living with her husband in Los Angeles. She is trying to make a career for herself as an actress.   
Luis:  Age 20, basketball and soccer champ in high school, dropped out of Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson to go to vocational school.  He is currently working as a mechanic at the Morales Auto Repair shop. 

If anyone has any ideas about them that might spark some fun times, don't hesitate to speak up! 

Juggtacular

Dontae is the schools star footballer/basketballer. And he is a sports fanatic, so he'd definitely know about Bruno. He'd probably be a hero of his on the defensive end which he enjoys just as much as running the ball. He could fanboy to her about her brother's stats and records or something once he finds out who she is, lol.

Sephora

Well if they have all been going to school together already, he probably already knows.  Maya undoubtably has a serious complex in regards to her siblings reputations, but she never makes an effort to hide her identity or her relation to them. 

Batman4560

I don't mean to pester but I want to make sure nothing else needs to be changed so is my new flaw o.k?

Birchleaf

There. I have the situation edited a bit, though I am not sure if it is satisfactory yet. It is quite late and I am too tired to really think properly. Maybe I will have better ideas tomorrow.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sephora on May 01, 2014, 10:49:45 PM
Well if they have all been going to school together already, he probably already knows.  Maya undoubtably has a serious complex in regards to her siblings reputations, but she never makes an effort to hide her identity or her relation to them.

That's cool with me. Maybe after a while he realizes how she doesn't like him bringing it up all the time.

Sephora

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 01, 2014, 11:30:58 PM
That's cool with me. Maybe after a while he realizes how she doesn't like him bringing it up all the time.

That's probably for the best, because she really won't. 

JamesSureWould

Quote from: assleigh on May 01, 2014, 12:55:03 PM
And... I realized... If anyone wants to join the fencing team I'd be uber happy to have someone on there ICly with Candii and Mr. Valentine...

Hmm... cameron is already in the theater group, but I don't see why he couldn't be in both groups. It would be nice to give him some sort of combat training, no matter how small it might end up being. And besides, what self respecting flirtatious man doesn't know how to fence?

oh, I do have a question regarding the 'power level' of the game. How many duplicates could Cameron reasonably make? I mean, there's probably a limit to how many he can make and still have them be 'perfect copies'. Like, if he goes over the line, then the clones start to have quirks to them and the more he makes, the more extreme the 'quirk' is. But where is that limit? Can he only make 5 'perfect copies', or is the number closer to 20 or 30? Or somewhere in between?

EDIT: I also went back and added 'flirt' to Cameron's Flaws. I'll keep ocd, but I figured having two flaws can't hurt that badly

(In case anyone doesn't want to go back three pages to read the revision, here's the added section. Feel free to voice any criticisms or concerns)
"Flirt. Cameron is slightly notorious for hitting on anything that moves. Teachers, staff, other students, it doesn't seem to matter to him. If it's a girl, he'll likely already hit on her. And it doesn't seem to be exclusive to girls either; there are a few boys in school who've been hit on by Cameron (though, in those cases, it remains to be seen whether or not he'd follow through). His constant attempts to get into the pants of girls has left him with a few victories, a few sighs of pity, a few glares of contempt and a few angry boyfriends."

Vergil Tanner

Okey dokey, everybody. We'll have a brief chat and get back to you all :) At the end of today - at least, the end of Assleigh's today - I believe we'll be closing applications and working with the ones we have. So...if there are any last minute applications, don't hesitate to post them, and for the rest of you, we'll get back to you ASAP. One thing I do want to say, though:

Juggs and Seph, we all love the fact you're already working out connections. Just thought I'd tell you that we're impressed that you're doing it off of your own back instead of having to be badgered about it :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

assleigh

Quote from: JamesSureWould on May 01, 2014, 11:59:20 PM
Hmm... cameron is already in the theater group, but I don't see why he couldn't be in both groups. It would be nice to give him some sort of combat training, no matter how small it might end up being. And besides, what self respecting flirtatious man doesn't know how to fence?
Nothing like a swashbuckling lothario, sounds great to me. Also could be a reason to develop a real relationship with Mr. Valentine, protege/hero worship/'rival' - anything he did I can do better

oh, I do have a question regarding the 'power level' of the game. How many duplicates could Cameron reasonably make? I mean, there's probably a limit to how many he can make and still have them be 'perfect copies'. Like, if he goes over the line, then the clones start to have quirks to them and the more he makes, the more extreme the 'quirk' is. But where is that limit? Can he only make 5 'perfect copies', or is the number closer to 20 or 30? Or somewhere in between?
It's a low power game so at first, you can make at most 2 copies (1 perfect copy, at 2 copies Weirdness starts to happen to all 3 of them). Later on that can be expanded... But I never see you making more then 5 copies with, 2 perfect copies, without real strangeness happening (meaning for RP purposes with lots of lead up there can be 'more of you' but it'll cost you).

About your power... At what point, be it a # of copies/amount of time outside of you do your duplicates (especially the perfect copies) start to believe they're the 'real you'? If you think about it, you1 goes right... Bumps into Mr. Valentine finds out about that audition you just did and happiness ensues... You2 goes left, bumps into Dominic Duphane, Lacrosse team Captain whose girlfriend you'd been making out with at Dontae's last party, and he's looking for payback...and gets it... You1 and You2 are now living different lives... If You2 keeps having a bad day and You1 a good one... Those 'lives' and PoV and self concepts will become different pretty quickly... And would You1 really want You2's memories/history to bring him down?

EDIT: I also went back and added 'flirt' to Cameron's Flaws. I'll keep ocd, but I figured having two flaws can't hurt that badly

(In case anyone doesn't want to go back three pages to read the revision, here's the added section. Feel free to voice any criticisms or concerns)
"Flirt. Cameron is slightly notorious for hitting on anything that moves. Teachers, staff, other students, it doesn't seem to matter to him. If it's a girl, he'll likely already hit on her. And it doesn't seem to be exclusive to girls either; there are a few boys in school who've been hit on by Cameron (though, in those cases, it remains to be seen whether or not he'd follow through). His constant attempts to get into the pants of girls has left him with a few victories, a few sighs of pity, a few glares of contempt and a few angry boyfriends."
I like it very much, thanks for taking the notes and running with them.

My ONs and OFFs

Vergil Tanner

Haha, wow. Assh just keeps on coming with these ideas, eh? That could be an entire story arc of your character, James, where one of the Clones decides he wants to be the "real" one and tries to kill off the original to take over his life....which could be easy, considering the Hive Mind style of clones you want. Wow. Creepy. Leave it to Assh to invent an entire storyarc with one throwaway idea in her head :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Birchleaf

Just as a quick question: did my revised writing prompt appropriately answer the questions that you had? If it did not (I probably misunderstood something at some point if it did) then I will write the other prompt. The test thing would be much easier to do, I specifically chose the crush one because I did not know if I could pull it off and I was looking for a challenge.

assleigh

Quote from: Sephora on May 01, 2014, 09:54:52 PM
I am completely on board with the rudimentary weather powers.  Do you think she'd be able to make it rain early on though?  I'm just asking for it because I am loving the idea that when Maya is taking a test there will always be the saddest rainstorm in the world going on outside, and the test anxiety makes her control a little 'bumpy'. 
Yepyepyep... Definitely... I like the idea that she has greater control subconsciously then consciously. Say its raining and /that/ boy asks her out and she feels all glowee/happy... The clouds will clear and sun start shining 'near her' so over there it might still be raining but she feels all warm and radiantly happy... Now say it's been raining for days and her house's basement is flooding so she wants to stop the rain/make it move on... As a conscious act, that'd be very hard for her... So think she can do small things consciously but 'bigger effects' subsconsciously... I'd say she's consciously able to make adjustments... Sunny day... To cloudy... Then to rain... To a Thunderstorm... Then zap someone with lightning ...All of that would take a lot= of effort, but as she practices she could learn to affect her emotions to then do more... I'm probably babbling right now... But we'll talk about this more :)

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 02, 2014, 10:39:51 AM
Haha, wow. Assh just keeps on coming with these ideas, eh? That could be an entire story arc of your character, James, where one of the Clones decides he wants to be the "real" one and tries to kill off the original to take over his life....which could be easy, considering the Hive Mind style of clones you want. Wow. Creepy. Leave it to Assh to invent an entire storyarc with one throwaway idea in her head :P

Hehehe... Too much 'Locus of Identity' research for papers... Because even the Hive mind thing can add dimensions to things... As in over time does Cameron still think of 'himself' or think of himself as a Collective... Start using the 3rd person or the royal We... Like I said... There'll be 'weirdness' inherent in the power that I'll be PMing you about at times or using the setting to convey...

Quote from: Birchleaf on May 02, 2014, 10:47:37 AM
Just as a quick question: did my revised writing prompt appropriately answer the questions that you had? If it did not (I probably misunderstood something at some point if it did) then I will write the other prompt. The test thing would be much easier to do, I specifically chose the crush one because I did not know if I could pull it off and I was looking for a challenge.

Thanks for the edit to it, yes it did address what you missed. We're discussing proposals now and will be posting soon/soonish who is moving forward to round 2 (just waiting for feedback from players who aren't online atm)

My ONs and OFFs

Vergil Tanner

Oh wow, proper "we" and "The Collective" talk now. Creepy. "Join us...the water is ever so warm..." "We are Legion, for We are many....We are Legion...We are Eternal...One of us...One of us...." Lmao.
But hey, that's all flavouring on the awesome cake we're making! Love the idea, and I really want to see how my characters in particular would deal with a Hive Mind Clone Army. Lmao. :D

Paladin of Lust

On the note of the clones, seeing as they share memories, feelings, senses, etc, if I shot one of the clones, would the others feel it? If I shot two of them (but not killing them), wouldn't it be incredibly excruciating for all five of them? And along these lines, I like the idea of the hive mind being bombarded by multiple memories, sensations, feelings, etc. For something a little darker, because I can write some really dark stuff, what if one of the clones died? How would the hive mind and other clones feel to experience dying and death?

And yes, I'm sure I will have fun setting up Cameron's links to Alexander and Erika if you get through. I imagine if he's in both theater and fencing, both Candii and Alexander will see a lot of him. Flirt...two flirts, since Candii's quite the flirt too, actually...Dante won't be happy. xD  Even if he's just in theater, I would say that fleshing out Alexander and Candii in relation to Cameron would be fun. And Erika and Nichole (if she gets in) are also in theater too.
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

Sephora

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 02, 2014, 05:39:42 AM

Juggs and Seph, we all love the fact you're already working out connections. Just thought I'd tell you that we're impressed that you're doing it off of your own back instead of having to be badgered about it :P

I am glad to hear that it's a good thing!  I was a little nervous that it might be taken the wrong way, what with us not being accepted yet.

Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 10:51:05 AM
Yepyepyep... Definitely... I like the idea that she has greater control subconsciously then consciously. Say its raining and /that/ boy asks her out and she feels all glowee/happy... The clouds will clear and sun start shining 'near her' so over there it might still be raining but she feels all warm and radiantly happy... Now say it's been raining for days and her house's basement is flooding so she wants to stop the rain/make it move on... As a conscious act, that'd be very hard for her... So think she can do small things consciously but 'bigger effects' subconsciously... I'd say she's consciously able to make adjustments... Sunny day... To cloudy... Then to rain... To a Thunderstorm... Then zap someone with lightning ...All of that would take a lot= of effort, but as she practices she could learn to affect her emotions to then do more... I'm probably babbling right now... But we'll talk about this more :)

This is perfect.  I'm already picturing the struggle with her trying to gain control.  The frustration that comes with finally being able to make it stop raining, only to find that she'd only been able to make it stop raining within a twelve foot radius.  Inadvertently, that frustration only makes the rain start pouring down harder

Birchleaf

As far as relationships with other characters goes, Matthew is somewhat of a stern wannabe-authority figure, so he would likely have an antagonistic relationship with any rule breakers or delinquents. To the rest he would be a well-known, formal, but helpful figure. He is also in the fencing club, so he would know everyone involved with that quite a bit more than the others.

As for his powers, what I mean by "wizardry" is a Dr. Strange like character who gets his powers from study and deals with elemental or faerie spirits. Preparation and careful crafting is needed for all his abilities, but once everything is in place he is a formidable foe with a massive variety of options. If he is surprised though, he is barely more than a normal person since all his abilities are very slow to use. At least initially.

The cyromancy merely refers to the fact that ice magic is by far the easiest for him to use, and so he falls back on it whenever his other spells fail.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 10:32:02 AM
Nothing like a swashbuckling lothario, sounds great to me. Also could be a reason to develop a real relationship with Mr. Valentine, protege/hero worship/'rival' - anything he did I can do better
Haha, sounds like fun!

It's a low power game so at first, you can make at most 2 copies (1 perfect copy, at 2 copies Weirdness starts to happen to all 3 of them). Later on that can be expanded... But I never see you making more then 5 copies with, 2 perfect copies, without real strangeness happening (meaning for RP purposes with lots of lead up there can be 'more of you' but it'll cost you).

About your power... At what point, be it a # of copies/amount of time outside of you do your duplicates (especially the perfect copies) start to believe they're the 'real you'? If you think about it, you1 goes right... Bumps into Mr. Valentine finds out about that audition you just did and happiness ensues... You2 goes left, bumps into Dominic Duphane, Lacrosse team Captain whose girlfriend you'd been making out with at Dontae's last party, and he's looking for payback...and gets it... You1 and You2 are now living different lives... If You2 keeps having a bad day and You1 a good one... Those 'lives' and PoV and self concepts will become different pretty quickly... And would You1 really want You2's memories/history to bring him down?
That actually was one of my ideas for 'weirdness'. If he develops too many clones, the hivemind that he and the clones have starts to break down slightly, and experiences start to affect them more than normal. So, with 1 clone, Cameron can maintain a reasonably sound hivemind and the clone is able to be kept grounded in the knowledge that he is a clone. But, the more clones there are, the less control Cameron is able to keep on the hivemind, and the clones start to gain their own experiences which don't quite jive with the idea of them being clones. At first it's just a suspicion and a minor personality difference, but with more time and more clones, one could get the outright delusion that he's the original Cameron.

QuoteI like it very much, thanks for taking the notes and running with them.o
Oh, it's no problem. I try to be open to critiques, and easy going enough.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 02, 2014, 10:39:51 AM
Haha, wow. Assh just keeps on coming with these ideas, eh? That could be an entire story arc of your character, James, where one of the Clones decides he wants to be the "real" one and tries to kill off the original to take over his life....which could be easy, considering the Hive Mind style of clones you want.
Bah, that's a creepy thought... It would probably take cameron maintaining 5+ clones for an hour+ before one of the clones would straight up believe that he was the original. And it would probably take more time (Or more clones) before the quirks add up to the point where it decides to try and kill off the original Cameron. But still... Very possible. I mean, Cameron wouldn't start off knowing all these restrictions that the hivemind has.
As far as he knows, he can make Clones and he can experience what they experience. And that's all

Quote from: assleigh on May 02, 2014, 10:51:05 AMHehehe... Too much 'Locus of Identity' research for papers... Because even the Hive mind thing can add dimensions to things... As in over time does Cameron still think of 'himself' or think of himself as a Collective... Start using the 3rd person or the royal We... Like I said... There'll be 'weirdness' inherent in the power that I'll be PMing you about at times or using the setting to convey...
I think he'd still probably use the 'I' pronoun for most things. Aftter all, as the controller of the hivemind, he's likely to be the most 'centered' of them; the one most aware that the clones aren't turly real people. But, if he needed to summon up 5+ duplicates for whatever reason, Don't be surprised if he starts saying "We want this" or "The Hivemind Demands..."
But yes, I love weirdness. PM away  ;D

Quote from: Paladin of Lust on May 02, 2014, 11:02:39 AM
On the note of the clones, seeing as they share memories, feelings, senses, etc, if I shot one of the clones, would the others feel it? If I shot two of them (but not killing them), wouldn't it be incredibly excruciating for all five of them? And along these lines, I like the idea of the hive mind being bombarded by multiple memories, sensations, feelings, etc. For something a little darker, because I can write some really dark stuff, what if one of the clones died? How would the hive mind and other clones feel to experience dying and death?
Well, the way I was considering this was that 'the more clones, and the more traumatic the experiences, the more it feels like it actually happened to Cameron (or the clones)'.
And while the hivemind shares experiences, it isn't in the normal way. Essentially, it subconsciously buffers certain experiences in order to prevent problems. So touch, taste, and smell are experienced, but in a far off way; like you were experiencing it through a fog. Now (once he gets some experience) Cameron could turn off this restrictions, but it would open up a huge can of worms. 

Anyway, if it's just one clone and Cameron, and the clone gets kicked in the nuts, he'd feel a twinge of pain, but nothing more than a strong breeze. But, the weaker the hivemind's connection, the less the buffer is. So, one clone dying, it would be like seeing bambi's mom dying; He's struck by sadness and a sense of tragedy, but He's able to internalize it enough and remember that the clone wasn't actually a real person. But, if Cameron had 5 clones up and one died, then it would closer to him having actually experienced death (Maybe only 20% off of the actual experience). Same for any other sense of pain or tragedy; the more clones, the closer it is to real for each member of the hivemind.

QuoteAnd yes, I'm sure I will have fun setting up Cameron's links to Alexander and Erika if you get through. I imagine if he's in both theater and fencing, both Candii and Alexander will see a lot of him. Flirt...two flirts, since Candii's quite the flirt too, actually...Dante won't be happy. xD  Even if he's just in theater, I would say that fleshing out Alexander and Candii in relation to Cameron would be fun. And Erika and Nichole (if she gets in) are also in theater too.
I think Cameron is going to like Candii ;)

Vergil Tanner

Hmm....if you get through, Phase 2 is all about tweaking and tucking things like what your power can and can't do and the possible side effects, so we'll see if we get there. But I do think the Clones developing their own desires and goals depending on what situations they've been put into would naturally lead to them diverging. After all, if in an extreme scenario where one of them is off taking a test and the other one is asking that cute girl out and the original is sleeping in, naturally those first two will be like "Hey, I'm doing all the work! I should be the one in charge!" Something to consider, perhaps. :P But then, it's your character, and all this would be ironed out in Phase 2, if you get through. And of course, I'll be the one to say what we're all thinking: Clone Gangbang.

On the note of Candii, she and Dante have an "open" relationship, but I foresee Dante becoming less ok with that as the RP goes along. Perhaps some rivalry/tension between Cameron and Dante, if Dante sees him flirting with his girlfriend? Hmmm...possibilities, possibilities. But, I should probably stop there. Nothing has been decided as of yet, haha.

Paladin of Lust

Quote from: JamesSureWould on May 02, 2014, 11:53:57 AM

I think Cameron is going to like Candii ;)

Everybody likes Candii. ^_^ Well, except AC. Ironically, both have the same player: Assleigh. xD
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

You're only given one little spark of madness. You musn't lose it. - Robin Williams

Le List of Lust (My ONs & OFFs)

assleigh

Quote from: Sephora on May 02, 2014, 11:12:47 AM
I am glad to hear that it's a good thing!  I was a little nervous that it might be taken the wrong way, what with us not being accepted yet.
Why would it be a bad thing to show initiative (especially on the 'human' front') Honestly, one of the 'givens' of this group is one that is fun for the player to play who makes other characters cooler. Take AC... She's a character I created at a player's request for a paramour ... And at the same time she's so in your face she's all about starting stuff and not backing down... We've another writer going through the approval process who has become part of a love triangle featuring her which could lead to lots of development for all three characters.

SO skiddles and beers for you and Juggtacular :)

Quote from: Sephora on May 02, 2014, 11:12:47 AM
This is perfect.  I'm already picturing the struggle with her trying to gain control.  The frustration that comes with finally being able to make it stop raining, only to find that she'd only been able to make it stop raining within a twelve foot radius.  Inadvertently, that frustration only makes the rain start pouring down harder.

All I can say is, "YAY!!!!" big time "YAY!!!!" as that's EXACTLY the sort of thing evident in most approved characters. Sure, it's cool to have powers but how the powers effect their everyday lives and cause them trouble while encouraging them to grow is what this game is ALL about.

Quote from: Birchleaf on May 02, 2014, 11:18:49 AM
As far as relationships with other characters goes, Matthew is somewhat of a stern wannabe-authority figure, so he would likely have an antagonistic relationship with any rule breakers or delinquents. To the rest he would be a well-known, formal, but helpful figure. He is also in the fencing club, so he would know everyone involved with that quite a bit more than the others.
All good, just be aware that a wet blanket character rarely is much fun to play with long term... Not telling you 'no' just be sure that as you engage the delinquents you remember that Class President has less authority then a hall monitor or a crossing guard when confronting them.

Quote from: Birchleaf on May 02, 2014, 11:18:49 AM
As for his powers, what I mean by "wizardry" is a Dr. Strange like character who gets his powers from study and deals with elemental or faerie spirits. Preparation and careful crafting is needed for all his abilities, but once everything is in place he is a formidable foe with a massive variety of options. If he is surprised though, he is barely more than a normal person since all his abilities are very slow to use. At least initially.

The cyromancy merely refers to the fact that ice magic is by far the easiest for him to use, and so he falls back on it whenever his other spells fail.
Remember this is a Year 1 game... So, bad analogy, you've the power of a 1st level wizard in D&D... So dial it WAY back and focus on Cryomancy and an effect or two he can accomplish and why he can do them... What did he find after the Event that lets him do/study magic ... Later, sure... Find more things to teach you magic, discover a ritual that lets you contact the Fae Court and petition for favors and such... Know they'll come with responsibilities and requirements that will be RPed out... Both the gaining of powers and relationships with spirits... So like any power there are learning curve and story arc components to growth

@JamesSureWould - I would like you to consider inverting the 'connectiveness' of the Hivemind... Meaing 1 clone, you feel things more intensely then 2... Less at 3... Etc... It
A) Makes more sense... Think of it as a signal, the fewer 'splits to the signal the truer it is
B) Reinforces the whole thing of the more 'clones' the more free they are to think for themselves as at a certain point the connection could be so faint it's more like an intuitive thing then real communication.

Also, I'd say at 1 perfect clone, the connection is REAL intense... So kicking Clone1 is like punching Cameron in the gut... If he has 2 clones the other 2 feel it like a slap in the face... Again that signal attenuation thing

Basically, clones are NOT disposable... ESPECIALLY perfect ones... (I've a whole plot idea as to why... Sorry???) so one of them dieing is a BAD THING(tm)

My ONs and OFFs