The Rebellion of General Lu

Started by Caeli, January 14, 2012, 01:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoamWeber

Lady Weber raised her eyes from her scrolls for the first time. "My silence is not a sign of guilt," she said, "only pondering. Rushing into accusations is not the answer to stopping the deaths." Returning to taking notes on her scrolls, she said "Josietta does seem to be rather suspicious to me. Perhaps some more investigation is in order."

Caeli

Lynch Vote for Turn 2, Day Phase

FoamWeber - 3
Josietta - 1
Leorobin - 4
Moirae - 0
Saffron - 2

Yet to Vote: Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, FoamWeber, Josietta, Leorobin, Moirae, Niferbelle, Ryven, Saffron, Valerian
Ghosts: Remiel
Last vote counted: [o]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Josietta

She tilted her head a bit at Foam and then to Saffron. She could understand why Saffron would ask her such a thing but to the young lady she wasn't sure about the other. Her brow rose slightly as she tilted her head. Her long dark locks falling around her shoulders as she had worn her hair down that day.

"Suspicious? I am but serving tea. How would that prove suspicious. Maybe you are trying to accuse me to throw the suspicions off of yourself Lady Weber."

Josietta was sure that now the Lady was nervous and for good reason. She continued to pour her tea for the guests as she always had. There was no reason for her to be worried. She was innocent. It was FoamWeber who seemed to be suspicious now.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

FoamWeber

It would seem that Lady Weber had no choice. "I regret that I have been forced to reveal this so soon," she said, "but I am the Vermilion General, and completely loyal to our side. I am not the guilty one here."

desert ashes

A curious glance was given to Ryven before Moirae's gaze turned, comments addressed to the group at large.  "I, too, find myself suspicious of Saffron."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Josietta

"if what you say is true Ms. Webber then I should look elsewhere for suspicions. My apologies, General."

Josietta looked to those gathered and bit her lip wondering just who was truly the traitor. Perhaps Aiden was correct and she should look to Leorobin as well.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Zelric Miras

Leo shook his head at those making accusations upon him. "The bamboo while tall and mighty, is defenseless against being preyed on by the bears. I am not the one to point your accusations too. I will vote with general FoamWeber against Jossieta."

Josietta

Knowing there was little the servant could do to change Leo's mind as she had non-verbally accused him, she just shook her head some and went about serving the tea. It was a highly stressful situation but her meditations would keep her in check and she would know she would likely be given a swifter death than those by the true usurpers if she didn't struggle overly much. She was no fighter just a simple girl who wanted to find peace in this troubling time.

"If that is what you wish to believe, Leo, then so be it."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

FoamWeber

Lady Weber nodded. "It is fine," she said, "Everyone should be suspected at a time like this. Are you truly innocent?"

Josietta

A simple nod was given to the General and she gave a brief but genuine smile.

"Yes. Indeed I am. As I had stated before, I am but a servant to the Imperial Court."

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

FoamWeber

"Very well, I am willing to be swayed. If you are indeed innocent, I will not be the cause of your death." Lady Weber glanced around the room. "Moirae, I believe that you might not be as loyal as you pretend to be."

Niferbelle

Lady Niferbelle was most troubled. If Lady Weber was indeed the Vermilion General then lady Niferbelle had come all too close to a terrible mistake. She would have to change her vote, of course, but was hesitant lest she err again. But at last she spoke.

"Clearly I cannot continue to focus my suspicion on our vaunted Vermilion General," she said softly. "Currently I find myself listening to those who concerns about Leorobin."

desert ashes

Moirae's eyes calmly met that of the apparent General's.  "I am as loyal as you and have committed no treachery or treason.  My death would only result in another innocent being taken."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

FoamWeber

Lady Weber stopped writing once more, struggling to remain emotionless. "I have been hearing this a lot- how am I supposed to know who is telling the truth?" She stared hard at Moirae.

desert ashes

Slowly one brow raised.  "It depends on who you would like to believe.  I am choosing to believe you are who you say you are, spirits help us if you've taken us for a fool.  Or you can follow what few acts have thus far happened: Remiel is dead.  He voted for the same person who voted for him.  If I were plotting the demise of many, I'd start by killing the person I voted for -- throw off any suspicion."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Beguile's Mistress

The time for dithering had come to and and Lady Beguile looked long and hard at all of the courtiers and counted their votes.  Things had fallen heavily for Lord Leo and there was nothing she could do to remove the threat.  Her heart was heavy as she pondered her her decision then spoke at last uttering one word that she knew would not condemn and one that she hoped with all her being was wrong.  Begging forgiveness in her heart she named her choice.  "FoamWeber"

FoamWeber

Lady Weber nodded at Moirae, satisfied. "Your reasoning is sound- I will trust your judgement. Everyone, I apologize for shifting so often, I just want to ensure that I have made the right choice. Saffron, you are too heavily implicated in this to be ignored."

Autumn Sativus

Lady Saffron shook her head at Lady Weber. "You have let those among us who wish to convince you they are true, do exactly that. You should be more wary of the one who changes your mind. I cared for my friend Remiel and would never have been able to hurt him like this."

Shaking her head sorrowfully, Lady Saffron was left with no choice but to change her vote to Leorobin to save herself. "I do not suspect you, but can only guess the one who throws accusations at me has reason to remove me. If you are as innocent as I am, many apologies." Lady Saffron had to hope that those with suspicions about Leorobin were correct.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

desert ashes

Moirae's gaze turned to Saffron.  "I accuse you solely based on what I have already stated.  You claim you would never be able to hurt him, yet Remiel is clearly not here to defend himself or you.  Instead, he is conveniently dead.  Remiel's only fault was voting for someone whose loyalties have gone astray, which is true only if you are guilty.  Unfortunately, with so little other information to go on, there's no choice but to be suspicious of you."

Taking in a breath, the gaze swept to others assembled.  "For those interested in the pursuit of justice, I strongly advise you change your votes and look at the sole clue that is here."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn Sativus

"If I die in the name of your justice, you will know the finger I pointed was not astray, then. It would be welcome relief from this unfortunate situation to join my friend in the afterlife. Perhaps it is you we should be suspicious of, happy to point your finger at a friend, am I an easy distraction from your crime?" It was too much of a guessing game and this lady did not want to stay and learn who would pay for the crime, especially since it looked it would be someone with no blood on their hands.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

desert ashes

A small frown came forward.  "It is not with happiness that I accuse.  I hope there is no cheer among any who cast their suspicions.  The only thing worse than a friend being murdered is knowing one of us did it, but sadly we must accuse to find the truth.  If we do not do our best to find those who have slain once and will do so again if given the chance, then none are innocent."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Ryven

He observed the quarrelsome behavior in silence, standing as a stoic onlooker to the crowd.  The room filled with accusations as a swarm of locusts would overtake a field in the height of harvest.  It was almost humorous in the way each of them tried to make sense of the situation.

Zhuge "Ryven" Liang cleared his throat softly, letting his eyes flick back and forth between them all.  "It seems we have come to an impasse.  Votes change like the direction of the wind, and I'm afraid the evidence to support who and how Remiel passed from this plane last night is as transparent as the mountain spring," he spoke while moving back to the table he had sat before the day prior.  He took a seat and unrolled a fresh sheet of parchment.

"There is nothing to lead me to believe that Saffron had any ill will toward Remiel.  There is a supposed truth that General Weber is, in fact, the Vermilion General.  That then leaves the question of why she revealed herself so early.  Did she think she might hide behind her title to protect her act of ill intent or is she simply revealing the truth so early for other reasons?  The stars have veiled their secrets from me on this matter, but I do find the nature of the revelation startling and possibly questionable.  May destiny reveal itself and lend enlightenment to my troubled mind," he said, picking up a brush once more and beginning to stroke it across the parchment in a graceful motion.

Caeli

TURN 2, Day Phase » END

Once the debates started, chaos ensued. Fingers were pointed in all directions, but without any sort of discerning proof, the ministers and ladies of the imperial court could only squabble about who might not have the interests of the emperor at heart.

In a moment of desperation, FoamWeber revealed herself as the Vermilion General, drastically shifting the votes into chaos once more.

When the votes were tallied, it was Leorobin who was sentenced to death.

Surviving Members of the Imperial Court
Remiel - Not Loyalist; assassinated by Yang Loyalists (Turn 2, Night)
Valerian
Saffron
Moirae
Ryven
Josietta
Leorobin - Not Loyalist; lynched by the Imperial Court (Turn 2, Day)
Niferbelle
Aiden
FoamWeber
Beguile's Mistress

Please note that a player's special role, if any, will not be revealed when he or she dies.
Blue will mark those who are not Yang Loyalists (Imperial Court, Ministers of the Royal Treasury & Archives, Vermilion General).
Orange will mark those who are Yang Loyalists. Their roles are revealed because there are no Loyalist-aligned special roles.

TURN 3, Night Phase » BEGIN

All players with special roles, please look for an incoming PM.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

TURN 3, Night Phase » END

The remaining ministers and ladies of the Imperial Court retired to their rooms in an uneasy silence, some choosing to skip their routine evening walk in the gardens in favor of spending the evening in their rooms, thinking about who the killers in their midst might be.

Some felt safe knowing that the Vermilion General (or at least, the woman who claimed to be the General) was in their midst... but alas, there is only so much protect one can provide. Moirae was the only person who did not wake the next morning; Moirae's bedroom room showed clear signs of a struggle. Around the minister's throat was bruising, clearly caused by a length of silk that had been discarded upon the Loyalists' departure.

Surviving Members of the Imperial Court
Remiel - Not Loyalist; assassinated by Yang Loyalists (Turn 2, Night)
Valerian
Saffron
Moirae - Not Loyalist; assassinated by Yang Loyalists (Turn 3, Night)
Ryven
Josietta
Leorobin - Not Loyalist; lynched by the Imperial Court (Turn 2, Day)
Niferbelle
Aiden
FoamWeber
Beguile's Mistress

Please note that a player's special role, if any, will not be revealed when he or she dies.
Blue will mark those who are not Yang Loyalists (Imperial Court, Ministers of the Royal Treasury & Archives, Vermilion General).
Orange will mark those who are Yang Loyalists. Their roles are revealed because there are no Loyalist-aligned special roles.

TURN 3, Day Phase » BEGIN

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Josietta

Upon news of yet another death, Moirae, Josietta was disheartened. Another innocent lost in this great war. She sighed and made her way out to do her daily duties. She moved toward the kitchens to warm the water for the tea and prepared the leaves as proper. Her tea set was placed on the tray with great attention to detail and order. Once the water steamed she filled her tea pot and started toward the common room. Her eyes scanned the room for any who wished to partake and watched for signs of sleep disturbance or guilt upon the faces of the Imperial Court. It was a blessing however that the General was untouched, even after outing herself. But much to the loss of Moirae. Josietta could not think of who could do such a thing, perhaps Moirae was onto something when she set her accusations on Saffron and was killed for doing so.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas