You know what they say about small towns (M looking for F)

Started by Becca, June 23, 2016, 11:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

They knew the saying all too well: Small town, big hell.

They had, after all, lived their entire lives in the same small town, with the same people, the same families, the same students, the same jobs. Each family had their reputation, each young man and woman's actions were watched and silently judged or gossiped about.
There was the one who'd go to college and never come back, the good girl, the high school sweethearts, the jock, the slacker, the bad boy. Each of them already locked away in that stereotype for good.

She had always been the good girl. The girl who went to church every Sunday, tutored children after school and had a bright smile to offer those around her even on rainy days. He, on the other hand, came from a bad family, had been a problem child and one of the usual suspects whenever trouble started at school.

I'm interested in the relationship between these two characters. How much truth is there to the rumours? Precisely why is his family an outcast... is his father a drunk, a man with a violent streak, a criminal? Has this young man tried getting away from his father's footsteps only to find everyone automatically assume he was up to no good, no matter how hard he tried until he decided to simply give them what they wanted?
And what about her? Is she really nothing but sweet smiles? Is she faking her way through life? Has she grown up in a household that taught her being different is wrong, a life where appearances are all that matter? Perhaps inside closed doors, her family isn't quite as idyllic as they pretend to be.

They grew up together, it's inevitable they know each other, but what kind of relationship they had in the past? Is he a few years older than her and merely saw her from time to time at school, or around town? Were they childhood friends before they drifted apart thanks to the inevitable rumors, or perhaps her parent's or friends disapproval? Does he hold resentment towards her, the town's little sweetheart, always so prim and proper?

Becca

azzmeister89

Hey Becca, definitely interested in this idea, I can imagine my character having a job like the village mechanic or handyman.
Let me know if your interested.

Becca

I'm currently interested in trying this rpg with a rather sizable change: I'd like to play the male character and I'm looking for a Lady who'd be interested in playing his female counterpart.

I'm thinking his family life would be a constant struggle in his life, his father's criminal records or bad reputation (or both) a constant conflict for him, as he is judged by his sins as if it runs in his blood as well. The female character would probably be the sheriff's or minister's daughter, part of a deeply respected family in the community, but that's open to discussion, of course.
He'd probably be a mechanic or handyman of some sort, or perhaps a bartender in one of the seediest bars in town. One way or another, his reputation will certainly not be good in the least.

So, if any Lady is interested in this idea, please do send me a PM!