News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Lab (interest check)

Started by WindVoyager, January 15, 2013, 06:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 17, 2013, 01:43:05 AM
Why is it when I read this line, my brain immediately responds with orangutan?
Don't fight it, accept it. It is part of who you are, embrace the Singularity!

Sorry, don't know why I did that. Although, anthro orangutan could be pretty damn awesome.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ebpohmr

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 17, 2013, 01:56:07 AM
Don't fight it, accept it. It is part of who you are, embrace the Singularity!

Sorry, don't know why I did that. Although, anthro orangutan could be pretty damn awesome.

I HAVE had the compulsion to play an orangutan ever since I fell in love with the head librarian of the Ankh-Morpork wizard's guild in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series... Well, I also loved Clyde in the Any Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way We Can movies... I suspect the other option would be an anthro mandrill - aka Rafiqi from the Lion King. I love that crazy monkey!

Angie

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 17, 2013, 02:18:17 AM
I HAVE had the compulsion to play an orangutan ever since I fell in love with the head librarian of the Ankh-Morpork wizard's guild in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series... Well, I also loved Clyde in the Any Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way We Can movies... I suspect the other option would be an anthro mandrill - aka Rafiqi from the Lion King. I love that crazy monkey!
Considering my character's skill with biology, there's no reason I couldn't splice both sets of genes into you. Unstable as all hell, which probably creates a bit of mental degradation, while granting you unparalleled strength and dexterity.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 17, 2013, 02:25:41 AM
Considering my character's skill with biology, there's no reason I couldn't splice both sets of genes into you. Unstable as all hell, which probably creates a bit of mental degradation, while granting you unparalleled strength and dexterity.

I'm happy to play the orangutan and keep the mandrill as possible replacement for when the orangutan goes too crazy or otherwise dies... :p

WindVoyager

QuoteAre we going to have an official character sheet or shall I just work something up?

Pretty much make it as long or as short as you like. Fandom characters will be as welcome as original characters

Character
Species
Department
Physical appearance: 
Personality
Background

QuoteWhy is it when I read this line, my brain immediately responds with orangutan?

Because monkeys and apes are very close to humans on many levels genetically? That and i don't think many people ever play primates.

Sanai

Im freshly returning to the forum and would love to be involved in this as a captive. I do need to shuffle my ons and offs a bit as they have changed over time.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

dale108

I could play a homeless guy the lab grabbed off the street for testing.  He had no powers when they kidnapped him.  But as a result of all the drugs and chemicals and experiments they've done on him, he's developed psychokinetic powers.  The ability to move objects and control minds.  Now they fear him because of the powers he's developed.  So they keep him restrained and in the total darkness of a hood.  Wireless earphones constantly stream a sexy female voice into his brain, whispering a continuous message of love and cooperation.  Of course, the earphones have a dual purpose.  That of indoctrination and that of keeping his mind distracted and unfocused so he can't tap into the minds of the staff and take control of them.  For he's had enough.  Enough of the painful experiments by the doctors during the day.  And enough of the humiliating indignities he's endured from the nurses at night.  His goal is to break out of his cell, take vengeance on the staff, and gain his freedom.  (insert insane laugh)
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

Noxxi

Quote from: dale108 on January 17, 2013, 05:39:01 AM
I could play a homeless guy the lab grabbed off the street for testing.  He had no powers when they kidnapped him.  But as a result of all the drugs and chemicals and experiments they've done on him, he's developed psychokinetic powers.  The ability to move objects and control minds.  Now they fear him because of the powers he's developed.  So they keep him restrained and in the total darkness of a hood.  Wireless earphones constantly stream a sexy female voice into his brain, whispering a continuous message of love and cooperation.  Of course, the earphones have a dual purpose.  That of indoctrination and that of keeping his mind distracted and unfocused so he can't tap into the minds of the staff and take control of them.  For he's had enough.  Enough of the painful experiments by the doctors during the day.  And enough of the humiliating indignities he's endured from the nurses at night.  His goal is to break out of his cell, take vengeance on the staff, and gain his freedom.  (insert insane laugh)

Can I be the sexy voice in his head? Hahaha. Either way. Interest shown.
.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

TheHangedOne

Hmm, well, if they got the tech off of aliens, wouldn't it stand to reason their are some aliens there? Could I play one of those? Or maybe just some poor human who got experimented on by someone who was a fan of H.R. Giger?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ebpohmr

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 17, 2013, 11:21:48 AM
Hmm, well, if they got the tech off of aliens, wouldn't it stand to reason their are some aliens there? Could I play one of those? Or maybe just some poor human who got experimented on by someone who was a fan of H.R. Giger?

And now I am seeing the Ripley clones #1-7 from Aliens Resurrection! ;)

dale108

Quote from: Noxxi on January 17, 2013, 09:46:04 AM
Can I be the sexy voice in his head? Hahaha. Either way. Interest shown.

Sure!  You'll have his brain turned to mush in no time.  I think that's what the doctors have in mind.  To turn his brain into compliant pudding.
(insert maniacal laugh)

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Angie

Quote from: dale108 on January 17, 2013, 05:39:01 AM
The development of your pyschic power could also lead the research staff to elavate you. After all, they weren't expecting any kind of pyschic development, so now, they approach with an offer of plenty of cash and some of the same benefits that the researchers have-you might not get dental, but you'll have plenty of access to other test subjects. Of course, this would come after a little bit of brainwashing to make you a bit more compliant.

Noxxi

Quote from: dale108 on January 17, 2013, 11:49:23 AM
Sure!  You'll have his brain turned to mush in no time.  I think that's what the doctors have in mind.  To turn his brain into compliant pudding.
(insert maniacal laugh)

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 17, 2013, 12:03:59 PM
The development of your pyschic power could also lead the research staff to elavate you. After all, they weren't expecting any kind of pyschic development, so now, they approach with an offer of plenty of cash and some of the same benefits that the researchers have-you might not get dental, but you'll have plenty of access to other test subjects. Of course, this would come after a little bit of brainwashing to make you a bit more compliant.

So then, my thoughts would be this. The little voice in his head that comes through headphones is actually a scientist, psychologist/psychiatrist really. I'll do what I can to talk you down, make you think we are your friends, hopefully lead to you accepting the offer of employment. If you ever take the offer of employment we could make you randomly overhear my character talking to another scientist and your mind just *pings*. There's actually a lot we could do with this.
.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

dale108

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 17, 2013, 12:03:59 PM

Yes, but he's already mentally unhinged from all the experiments by the doctors during the day and the groping by the nurses during the night.  All while in the total darkness of his hood and under the influence of mind altering drugs, as that syrupy sweet voice in his head either turns his brain to mush or turns it psychotic.  Think of it as a variation on the movie "Altered States".  So, do they really want to make him a member of the staff?  hehehe

Grammar is Important:

Noxxi

Quote from: dale108 on January 17, 2013, 12:41:45 PM
Yes, but he's already mentally unhinged from all the experiments by the doctors during the day and the groping by the nurses during the night.  All while in the total darkness of his hood and under the influence of mind altering drugs, as that syrupy sweet voice in his head either turns his brain to mush or turns it psychotic.  Think of it as a variation on the movie "Altered States".  So, do they really want to make him a member of the staff?  hehehe

Psychotic will always be checked on my ballot.
.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

dale108

Quote from: Noxxi on January 17, 2013, 01:55:52 PM
Psychotic will always be checked on my ballot.

Well, when one day the patients are wearing the lab coats and all the doctors and nurses are bound and gagged in the cells with machines doing all kinds of wicked things to them, don't say I didn't warn you.  hehehe

Grammar is Important:

Noxxi

Quote from: dale108 on January 17, 2013, 02:09:02 PM
Well, when one day the patients are wearing the lab coats and all the doctors and nurses are bound and gagged in the cells with machines doing all kinds of wicked things to them, don't say I didn't warn you.  hehehe

THIS. I want this.
.monsters <3 exist.
On's/Off's

WindVoyager

QuoteHmm, well, if they got the tech off of aliens, wouldn't it stand to reason their are some aliens there? Could I play one of those? Or maybe just some poor human who got experimented on by someone who was a fan of H.R. Giger?

The aliens are all non organic or very close to it. Closer to highly advanced cyborgs

TheHangedOne

Quote from: WindVoyager on January 17, 2013, 05:41:15 PM
The aliens are all non organic or very close to it. Closer to highly advanced cyborgs
Hmm, alright. How about a human that's volunteered to "test" some of the cyborg parts?  Maybe someone who was going to be dying from an otherwise terminal condition (cancer? Organ failure?) got an offer to do some experimental operations that may save his life, and he decided to go ahead with it, because hey, what does he have to lose? Either way he dies, and here, he has a chance to live, or to at least benefit medical science.

Of course, needless to say, he doesn't know quite what he's in for...and once he's signed off on the dotted line...  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

Caehlim

Any problems with people having more than one character. I'm thinking I'd like to play a captive and a scientist.

My ideas are somewhat dollhouse inspired. A scientist who watched dollhouse and was inspired to invent the same technology, going with this corporation for their funding and lack of ethics. Also a captive who is his prototype test subject, able to be programmed with any personality or kinks that are desired.

The scientist wouldn't "play" with his own prototype, since out might bias his results, but he will lend him to his colleagues for "experiments" and might enjoying getting to play with some of the other test subjects.

Would that fit in?
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

WindVoyager

QuoteHmm, alright. How about a human that's volunteered to "test" some of the cyborg parts?  Maybe someone who was going to be dying from an otherwise terminal condition (cancer? Organ failure?) got an offer to do some experimental operations that may save his life, and he decided to go ahead with it, because hey, what does he have to lose? Either way he dies, and here, he has a chance to live, or to at least benefit medical science.

Of course, needless to say, he doesn't know quite what he's in for...and once he's signed off on the dotted line...

The you have all the side effects. Who knows what will happen, both good and bad. There could be rejection issues and the nanites that come alone with it will have some very unknown effects on an organic body. It cold enhance sight and hearing and make him heal faster from non fatal injuries. The side effects? Any one's guess.

QuoteAny problems with people having more than one character. I'm thinking I'd like to play a captive and a scientist.

My ideas are somewhat dollhouse inspired. A scientist who watched dollhouse and was inspired to invent the same technology, going with this corporation for their funding and lack of ethics. Also a captive who is his prototype test subject, able to be programmed with any personality or kinks that are desired.

The scientist wouldn't "play" with his own prototype, since out might bias his results, but he will lend him to his colleagues for "experiments" and might enjoying getting to play with some of the other test subjects.

Would that fit in?

Ethics? What ethics? Those who work at the Lab have none. The Corporation has none either. The scientists are free to stick their dicks into anything they want so to speak.

You can play more then one character if you like

TheHangedOne

Quote from: WindVoyager on January 17, 2013, 06:29:32 PM
The you have all the side effects. Who knows what will happen, both good and bad. There could be rejection issues and the nanites that come alone with it will have some very unknown effects on an organic body. It cold enhance sight and hearing and make him heal faster from non fatal injuries. The side effects? Any one's guess.

That's the idea. And who knows, maybe some one decided to make a few 'extra' modifications. Anybody playing a scientist want to maybe plot with me about it?
Check out my poet tree!

Desirous

Is there a room for Futa in this?

WindVoyager

QuoteThat's the idea. And who knows, maybe some one decided to make a few 'extra' modifications. Anybody playing a scientist want to maybe plot with me about it?

Not to mention the one all this tech is coming from will be less then willing to be poked, prodded and worse. If I bring my fav CC in, I have at least one NPC that would love to do some major poking and prodding and sticking of things in places where they do NOT belong.

QuoteIs there a room for Futa in this?

If you want

TheHangedOne

Quote from: WindVoyager on January 17, 2013, 06:54:21 PM
Not to mention the one all this tech is coming from will be less then willing to be poked, prodded and worse. If I bring my fav CC in, I have at least one NPC that would love to do some major poking and prodding and sticking of things in places where they do NOT belong.
Which means the game may not be for me. Getting penetrated is on my "hard no" list.
Check out my poet tree!