Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, July 10, 2017, 06:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

Ebony huffed disappointed, she had been relying on the elf to give her a much needed fight, Ebony felt strung out with all her rolling emotions. Picking up the ring like it was a bit of muck she pocketed the item. She would return it to Ariadne when she was better. Turning away from the servant, Ebony wandered the halls of  the castle and after what seemed like an age found her way back to the room that held her sick lover.

Ebony out her back against the wall and slid down it to sit on the floor outside the door. she dared not go in side, she didn't want to see the condition of the elf and she also didn't want to explain her actions regarding her brother or  Maia. Ebony sighed,she took the ring out of her pocket and studied it sadly.

It really was rather beautiful, she wondered if they had met at a different time, weather Ariadne would have given her the ring "Of course not" Ebony scoffed to herself. Closing her fist over the ring she rested her head against her knees in a rather childish pose.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

King Kull

"Of course I help you willingly King, no one could make me if I was unwilling", Grim replied. He turned to the dragon-man.

"Will you fly me, Ebony and Arva to Aka'leith?" he asked him. He assumed that Arva would come as well, even thou he doubted who he was really serving; he didn't seem to be as loyal to Ariadne as Grim and Ebony." Or I could borrow a boat". Grim turned back to the King.

"I will find whoever troubles you and whoever killed Ariadne's parents." he said. "I will just speak to Ariadne and Ebony first but we will be ready to go in the morning". Grim wanted to continue Ebony's fencing lessons as well so she wouldn't be as defenceless. Grim returned to the room where they had left Ariadne and found Ebony sitting on the floor outside the door. She was resting her head against her knees.

"What's the matter Ebony are you all right?" he asked her in a worried voice.

Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

The nurse stepped out of the room just as Grim appeared outside, trying to give them both as reassuring a smile as she could.

"Ariadne was very sick," she said. "She is still not fully healed, but...she is resting, I suggest you do not stress her out, at least for the moment." She thought for a few moments. "I could see if I could find you some food and drink for now, I'm sure Ariadne would if she could but she's probably in as much need of food as both of you two are."

Levi

In the few moments before Grim had arrived Ebony had been guiltily enjoying some light sleep, she jerked awake and looked up. "Hmm?" She asked sleepily "oh I'm fine!" She replied clearly lying, she gazed at the warrior she wasn't ready to discuss what Maia had told her with anyone yet. Just then the door opened and the healer walked out of the sick bay. Saying that Ariadne was on the mend, lifted a weight from Ebony's heart. She shook her head "I'm not hungry, thank you" the young woman told the elf. Ebony wanted to see Ariadne but the comment about her still not being fully healed stopped her.

King Kull

"Food would be great, maybe you have some ale as well?" Grim replied to the nurse. He turned to Ebony.

"Are you all right Ebony, what's wrong? Come let's see her, we should tell her about the King wanting us to help him in another matter, actually I have already agreed to do it but only if Ariadne agrees as well. Ebony I have a personal question; considering how tender you are to Ariadne and that you have very similar hair to her, are you her daughter? I mean she is old enough for it and she knew your father. Are you an half-elf?" 
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

"I will see what I can do for ale," the woman replied. "I do not drink it myself but I am told the ale of this island can be bettered by none of your drinks of the northern lands." With that she vanished up the corridor. Meanwhile, in the room behind the door, Ariadne stirred slightly, feverishly murmuring "Ebony..." as she slipped in and out of consciousness.

Levi

Ebony looked at Grim "Related?" She spluttered."Don't talk crazy! I..we..I thought there was" Ebony trailed of, her emotions were completely out of control and she needed a distraction. "If you want to see Ariande, go ahead. I'll wait here" Ebony told him, she was reluctant to do much right at the moment, and it would properly take someone else making the decision for her to decided quite what she was doing. Ebony continued to sit withdrawn on the floor, she didn't like the way she was acting right now it was completely out of character, but she was young, and inexperienced. It was time to pick herself up out of this spiral of dout.  She stood. "Actually I'm going to go train for a bit, I would welcome your company once you have spoken with Ariande" she told Grim. Resolutely she turned from him and began to walk away.

King Kull

Ebony didn’t seem quite all right.

“I will join you, don’t go too far so I can find you,” Grim said. He walked in to the room where Ariadne seemed to show some signs of consciousness. Grim sat down next to her bed and but a hand on her hot forehead and stroked her hair.

“How are you feeling Ariadne?” Grim asked with a low voice.” Ebony went to train she seems a bit emotional right now. I spoke to the King and he will help us after he has sorted some problem on a neighbouring island. I said I would help him but only if you agree since I serve you. If you feel too weak to speak but can hear me you could just nod or shake your head.”
Mats

Lady Jenn

"Go," she said, managing a weak smile in Grim's direction. "I'm not sure I can help you, I fear I would collapse mid-battle if I tried to join you in this state." She tried to sit up, but felt so dizzy she lay back down almost instantly. "I am not surprised she is emotional, Elves do not get ill often, and when we do it can be a little...alarming to those not used to it. Although...the medic said this illness isn't like anything she has ever seen before."

Levi

Ebony wandered the halls, until she found an open courtyard that looked suitable, she glanced around. The young woman hoped no one was watching. Even with Grim's tutoring Ebony still felt very unsure about using a sword. She felt confident she could defend herself with the blade her father had made. It was time to learn to use the dawnhammer. Resolutely she drew the blade, and began warming her body up as the warrior had shown her. Taking a few experimental swings to try and gauge it's weight, and the difference between the two blades. Ebony began her training regime, she hoped Grim would arrive soon,it felt silly doing the routine by herself.

King Kull

"Ariadne just rest we will be fine alone, when you feel better we will return to the mainland," Grim told her reassuringly. "I will go and train Ebony". He left the room and and wondered about the food. He better find Ebony first. Grim asked elves around if they had seen a human girl and they could point out the way for him. He and Ebony where probably the only humans here so everyone had noticed her. Ebony was training with the heavier sword; fine let's try to make her as fast with that one.

"Good Ebony let's start training offensive; thrusts and cuts. Now you need to be aggressive and explosive in your movements, to get and keep the initiative in the fight. If you are going to use that sword we should do weight training as well. Let's build some muscles on your skinny arms!" grim said and smiled, in a friendly way not his usual grin from mirth. This place was full of beautiful elf women but Grim found Ebony more attractive than any of them. 

Mats

Lady Jenn

Maia was stood watching them, unable to hide how much the two impressed her, while trying to stay relatively out of sight of the two. Eventually her curiosity got the better of her however.

"Where did you learn skills like that?" she asked Grim. "I spent the first few years of my life having to train myself, and yet by the time I joined the guard I was better with the sword than some twice my age."

King Kull

Grim halted, panting. Ebony was working hard, she seemed motivated. The climate was also hotter here than where they had flown from.

“I am a Hercynian and all Hercynian men, and many women, are warriors. As soon as we learn to walk we begin combat training. And we get to use it in real combat because we are always attacked by orcs or neighbouring clans. Later as a mercenary I had the opportunity to fight different races and fighting styles. But the most I learned in the Gladiator Pits as a Price Fighter.” Grim replied, as Ebony probably had learned by now Grim was not the modest type.

“What about you? You are armed like a warrior but you are a Queen. Shouldn’t you play harp and weave dresses or something? And raise heirs to the king?” Grim said provocatively.

“Or are you a warrior in the Kings army?” He didn’t know why he spoke like that; he had always looked up to the elves but now when he was among them he was suddenly rude. The Hercynians had a saying: Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing. But Grim didn’t live by that proverb.
Mats

Levi

Ebony ignored the elf, still annoyed with  Maia for what she had spoken of not to long before. With quite determination she continued her practice. Ebony needed to be able to wield the dawnhammer and she she needed sword skills to do so. She barely noticed the passage of time, days went by with Ebony spending every waking moment training. Sometimes Grim joined her, sometimes Arva and sometimes she was alone.. although on the odd occasion she did feel as if someone was watching her...

Lady Jenn

"The king is smart enough to know if he attempted to take my blade he would not be speaking to me for some time," Maia said with a chuckle. "Besides, there are few more capable guards or leaders on this island than me, I feel more relaxed with him protected by me. As for children..." she trailed off, looking into the distance for the moment. "I have much to make up for with him...with both of them." She had to turn so they didn't see that she had become upset suddenly.

King Kull

During the following days while they where waiting for the right time for the King's quest, Ebony trained a lot and sometime Grim trained with her and sometimes she trained by herself. It was nice to watch her because she made great progress; you could tell that she had a natural aptitude for fencing that together with her hard work paid off. It was also nice to watch her get sweaty and the movement of her beautiful body. Combat moves where sexy when she did them. Grim tried to earn more about elves; to judge how old they where and how they behaved. They seemed somewhat aloof and thoughtful; they rarely laughed out spontaneously about something trivial or seemed to truly enjoy good good or wine. Was it their long lives that made them blasé? He tried to flirt with some women that he thought where younger to see if Elf-women could be attracted to human men but he couldn't tell their feelings.
Mats

Levi

Ebony flourished under Grim's proud and flirtatious gaze, and so it was a few days later when a more battle ready Ebony marched towards the sick bay. The young woman had not seen Arriande since she had been taken to bed, she knew from the others that the elf was healing. Knocking on the door to announce herself she opened the door an slipped inside. The elf lay prone on the bed, her body thinner, starker then before, but she had a more healthy glow to her cheeks now.

Ebony stepped forward was Ariande asleep? Was she pretending? Ebony couldn't blame the elf if the woman chose to ignore her, after all that what Ebony had practically been doing. She stopped at the edge of the bed and looked down at the ranger.she couldn't lie to herself.. Ariande had kept to many secrets for Ebony to completely trust her now. However she had made a promise and she intended to keep it. Pulling the ring that Maia had given her from her pocket she placed in carefully in Ariande's open hand. "I go with Grim to help your people, in the hopes they will in turn help us"  she told the sleeping woman. She turn and began to head back to the door.

Lady Jenn

"She lost her ability to have children because of me," Ariadne said weakly from the bed. "I took her on a mission neither of us should have been part of, she was taken prisoner...I freed her, but not before the man who captured her had used a magic I'd never heard of to torture her, it...scarred her permanently, in more ways than one." She tried to sit upright, shaking visibly. "She lied to my brother for me, for someone..." she fell backwards onto the bed, feeling tears in her eyes. "Elves do not fall in love easily Ebony, Maia did and then had to let me go...before you judge her, bear in mind the conflict in her heart."

King Kull

Grim had found a small sailing boat that he could rent; he had a plan that if they sailed to that neighbouring island it would be less conspicuous than if they arrived on dragons. The problem was he didn’t know how to sail; he was from the forests and mountains. Maybe Ebony could sail? Grim went to look for Ebony, she had improved her fencing and she was already a lot stronger so it was about time to leave. Ebony wasn’t at her usual training area so Grim went to tell Ariadne that they were leaving. Ariadne had regained consciousness but she was still quite weak. It seemed like Ebony had been avoiding Ariadne. Grim knocked on Ariadne's door.
Mats

Levi

The door opened inwards as if someone were opening it and indeed this was the case.There was a small "oof" as Ebony barrelled into Grim. Looking up she smiled sheepishly. "Oh, sorry about that!" She said stepping back and allowing the warrior entry to the room. She nodded sharply to Ariande indicating that she had at least heard what the elf had to say. Ebony stepped around her other companion and once more headed for the now open door.

Lady Jenn

Maia and the king were deep in conversation in the corridor when they heard Ebony approach, Maia evidently upset and walking away from her up the corridor, causing the king to sigh.

"They think I don't know but I knew they loved each other before I knew Maia's name," the king said, watching her vanish around the corner. "They are more alike than either will admit, and yet..." he sighed, closing his eyes. "My sister thinks I blame her for what happened to Maia, for the fact..." he paused. "I don't, I never blamed her for it, we have never spoken about it because we elves do not handle grief well." He turned to leave and then turned back. "If my sister lied, she did it to protect you, that illness she suffered, I've...I've come across it before. Elves live long lives because of the magic of this place, the longer they stay away the more our long lives are shortened. If she is willing to marry you, that means..." he paused again. "My sister would give up a long life to be with you, I know many of my own kin who would move heaven and earth to find someone who cared so much for them."