Castlecliff Magic Academy (interest check)

Started by elfguy, June 25, 2010, 07:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

In the realm of Valkanar, magic is a fact of life. The greatest mages, the most powerful sorcerers, are all formed at the Castlecliff Magic Academy. Operating for over a thousand years, high in the mountains above Freeport, the Academy receives over a hundred students every session, yet usually barely a dozen make it to graduation. There is no discrimination, and as long as they behave, it doesn't matter if the students are human, elves, dwarves or others.

The Academy is ruled by a Council of Elders, some of the most powerful spell casters in the land. They decide who is worthy of becoming a proper graduate. Some of the greatest spells in the world are only available from the books in the Great Library of the Academy, and are carefully guarded, only shown to students who prove they attained the proper understanding of magic. With so many magical users at the same place, things can become heated, but the teachers are always on their guard to make sure classes go smoothly and nobody misbehaves.

So this RP would focus on the daily life of a group of magical users. You would play a student in the Academy, all in the same class. I'm hoping a lot of different plots can develop from this. Students may have a rivalry between each others, there will hopefully be romance involved, fights may break out, maybe one will be a spy trying to get some of the powerful spells out of the Library, there might even be an attack of Kobolds at some point. I will mostly NPC the teacher and if need be, elders.

There are several buildings, mainly the teachers one and the barracks, where the student dormitory is. Here's a plan of the main building.

(from left to right)
Orange parts: Dinning room, library, archives, auditorium
Yellow parts: Elders meeting room, hallways, magic test room, teachers offices
White parts: Stairs, misc rooms, entrance, restroom, lockers

Character sheet

Appearance: (picture or good description)

Name:

Race:

Field of study: (fire mage, ice mage, necromancy, summoning, etc)

Equipment:

Bio:

Limits: (what you don't want your character to suffer)
----

SheenaTiger

*puts my name on the list*
as told you i will work on my way home on a rough idea and flesh it out ^^

guess something is allready building up in the back of my head
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

elfguy

Appearance:

Name: Kara

Race: Wood Elf

Field of study: Fire Mage

Equipment: Her revealing outfit, her wand

Bio:
Kara is an exceptionally bright young Wood Elf spell caster. She enrolled in the Castlecliff Magic Academy, but feels she is overqualified for it. A lot of the students are younger than her, even when translating into human years which would make her around 22. However, she always seeks more power, and felt the only way to gain access to some of the powerful spells that the Academy Library has was to enroll.

However, she soon found herself clashing with teachers and the Circle of Elders over ethical issues. Kara feels that as a powerful mage, she should be able to do what she wants, when she wants. She thought many times about dropping out, but holds on, mostly from the promise of great new powers.

Her philosophy in life is simple: Why kill your opponent when you can become their best friend, learn everything they know, use them for your own desires, before killing them. This, in a single sentence, is the main way she approaches situations in life. She also believes in 'a strong body with a strong mind' and definitively has both a fit, strong, sexy body, along with a sharp mind.

She uses all her attributes to get what she wants. Her looks, smile, and speech get her into most Nobles homes, and in many of their beds. Her unique outfit turns many heads. She is used to it, and takes advantage of it every time she can.

Limits: Death, loss of limbs
----

SheenaTiger

Name: Sashy Cailus

Appearance: (found no picture, would be happy if  someone finds a suiting one)
Sashy is a dark skinned young woman with raven black hair that goes down to about her rear. She is a sportive kind with well shaped b-cups who likes to make some exercises every now and then, instead of sticking her nose in each and every book about magic theories. She often takes times that are meant for private study or homework to jogg one or two rounds or make some easy excercises so she stays in shape, especially since she tends to eat a bit to much. Her eyes have a black iris that is sprinkled with golden dots, the only mean to see where her pupils might end.

Race: Human

Field  of study: Cross-study in Healing (Advanced), Transformation (Beginner) and Alchemy (Advanced)

Affinity: Healing, Illusion, Light, Transformation
She has an especially good grasp and can easyly cast spells of this Schools.
Susceptible: Time, Destruction, Mind, Darkness
She has an especially hard time to master and cast spells of this Schools.
Strenght/Resistance: Time&Move, Light&Darkness, Illusion
Her Aura repels or weakens harmful and helpful effects of this Schools of Magic.
Weakness: Transformation, Mindcontrol, Destruction
Spells have especially strong effects since her Aura and Body reacts especially well while her Willpower is nearly non existend to Mindcontrol.

Aura: Sashy has a special Aura around her. People are unaware of it under normal circumstances, but beeings that are categorized as monsters, not animals, can feel this aura quite well. Until now there is no 'Monster' found that would not be affected by her aura. In most cases it is some kind of attraction.

Equipment: Sashy wears a school uniform of the Academy, at least while she is attending classes. The uniform might be optional since some years, but she entered school when it was not and it now is a habit for her. Still the moment she has the chance to get to the room she has in the dorm, she changes into something that resembles more a modern tanktop and pants. She prefers not to show her private bits, but hates long clothes, so she simply cut some pants very short and did the same with all her tops, ignoring the fact that this style of clothes often draw more attention then if she would run around naked. Additionally to her clothes she wears a belt with a huge ammount of pockets attached to it. Most of them are filled with many different kinds of substances and she adds more every now and then. The pockets only are emptied when she tries to make use of the contents in Alchemy-class.

Bio: Sashy is the only child of an quite old healer. She was raised in a small village, far away from all bigger cities, hardly of interest, even for the tax collectors, since the way to travel there was dangerous and guards cost more then the collectors could gather. Back then, she learned the art of alchemy, not like it was teached in school, but basics, especially around extracting potentially useful things from flowrs and the like.

At the age of 14, a traveling mage taking some wrong turns ended up in the village. He sensed still lingering potential in the young girl and danger emitting from her. It took not long for him to introduce her father to the idea, that she would become a wonderful mage if she would leave the village. Since then 5 years passed and she managed to make good progress in some topics, advancing a bit faster then others in them, thanks to a natural talent she had for those.

Limits: Rule of thumb for now, so it would be my Offs
Generally slow between posts ... sorry but Health-Issues and other RL-Things happen.
My RP-Search / BDSM-Test (2015-08-16) / BDSM-Test (2018-12-23) / BDSM-Test (2022-11-28) / My A&A (2020-12-16)

QuoteThe complete Domination over a Submissive is not based on fear and harshness, but is based on trust, love, guidance and understanding.

Shoshana

I’m interested! Here’s my character:

Character Sheet

Appearance: Ronan stands about five foot 11. He has shoulder-length, curly black hair, light mocha skin, black eyes and an easy smile. He has a lean runner’s build, but he’s in danger of being scrawny.

Name: Ronan Wolfe

Field of study: Illusion

Equipment: Mounds of fine clothes, writing equipment, and his wand.

Bio: Ronan is the son of a wealthy silk merchant named Benjamin Wolfe. Benjamin expected his only son to stay in trade and eventually run the family business. But by the time Ronan turned eighteen, Benjamin realized that his plans for his son were futile. Ronan had no head for the business and little interest in it.

But the boy did have a raw talent for magic; he could spin elaborate tales and create illusions to illustrate them. The boy also put his talents to more mischievous uses, but a healthy taste of Benjamin’s belt cured Ronan of at least some of that mischief.

Ronan’s father sent information about his son to the Elders of Castlecliff Magic Academy. He was thrilled when they accepted the boy.

Ronan, however, was not so enthusiastic. He knew his father had visions of his prestigious graduation, but considering the small number of students who actually graduate, he feared that he would end up disappointing the man. Nonetheless, he loves and respects his Da, so for his sake Ronan decided to apply himself to his studies.   

Limits: My offs.
The door's open but the ride it ain't free.

~Bruce Springsteen

elfguy

Great stuff so far! I'd like to get at least 5 or so people before we can start.
----

BlueEyedBard

Appearance:

Name: Zakaeil Murdok

Race: Drow

Field of study: Black Mage

Equipment: Dark Robes with a white trim and symbol patterns, his staff made from the root of the Earth tree and embedded at the top with a ruby called Anubis' Eye.

Bio: When Zak was borne he was picked among his clan to join a Drowish sorcerers clan in order to develop the magical powers that the elders could feel on him. He grew up with the greatest magic users of his people, learning their ways and how to develop his natural affinity. After a short time one of the clan's most powerful mages took him under his wing.

For the next century Zak developed his abilities with his master. His powers as a dark mage grew rapidly and soon he had learned everything his master could teach him. It was the same day that he learned his last spell from his master that the man who was like a father to him sent him away from the guild.

Zak's master sent him on a mission, a mission to perfect his magic with the spells at the Castlecliff Academy. His master had already made the arrangements and Zak was off that same day and arrived the next morning.

Limits:
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Tackyhillbilly

Appearance: (picture or good description)

Name: Akarn Tilvaran

Field of study: Sword Magic (Enchanting his Blade, Counterspelling)

Equipment: His red cloak, eye patch, and Blade

Bio: Akarn is from the frontier. He had a sword forged for him the day he was born, and could pick it up by the time he was 5. He was noticed as having magical talent when he was 12, a sorcerer passing through his village sensing him. By that time, it was already to late, at least for his eye. It had been taken in a raid. In exchange, he took the Orc's life. The boys mind had been trained to wield the Sword. The Sorcerer told the boys parents, and took him on as an Apprentice.

The next six years were hell. The Sorcerer spent it trying to break it of his focus on the blade, and the boy ignored him, developing his skills with the blade and magic. His skills developed in an idiosyncratic method. He began to be able to enchant his blade with various effects, and to counter the magic of those around him with ease. Eventually, Akarn was dumped at the academy, the proctors recognizing him as a Sword Mage.

He rather likes the Academy. People leave him be, and he practices his art. Most of the teachers regard him as something in the nature of an experiment.

Limits: Nothing in the realm of homosexual/futa please

elfguy

Sweet! 1 more and we'll be ready to start. Hopefully will start the thread during the day at some point.
----

inflatetress

In addition to the above picture Cassia almost always has her breasts magically augmented.

Name: Cassia

Field of study: enchantments and charms

Equipment: clothing...
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-8675232-playful-model.php (outfit, but in pastel purple)
http://www.trashy.com/Carousel-Fancy-Long-Robe.10765-product.htm (worn over the above, also in pastel purple)
http://www.mydivascloset.com/brshthhistwi.html (stockings)
http://www.sinfulshoes.com/7-1-2-ankle-strap-pump-with-padlocks-xtc-842.aspx (shoes)

Bio: Cassia has grown up rich and spoiled, she has know little else in her life.  She is a sub-par student but seems to have a knack for enchantment and charm based magic.  If it were up to her she would be spending her time doing nothing but indulging herself in worldly pleasures at her father's villa, but as it stands she is being forced to attend Castlecliff.  As long as she is at Castlecliff, she figures she mind as well have some fun.

Limits: pretty much none...I guess the few things on my offs.

elfguy

Cool! I'm off for the day but I will start the IC thread when I'm back tonight.
----

Pandamonium

Appearance:

Name: Ulric Fenris

Feild of study: Shape shifting/metamorphing

Equipment:Small Concealed weapons (Katar), Combat boots, mundane raggedy travelers clothes.

Bio: Ulric has never had a family. Since as long as he can remember he has been on his own. He lives where ever he wants to live or where ever it best suits him at the time. He tries to stay away from cities as he's grown spiteful towards civilization for being alone all these years. When Ulric was 16 he was taken captive by a group of bandits, who grew accustomed to him. They taught him stealth and how to use a weapon. Ulric's new "family" had shown him their true side when they robbed a caravan of what little it had and killed the family inside. Ulric realized he wanted nothing to do with this life style and took off on his own.

While continuing his travels he came across a lone mage camping out, the mage sensed him and called him over. That night, the mage brought to light that Ulric had a dormant ability for shape shifting. When Ulric learned this he did what he could to improve on his new ability.

Although Ulric is exceptional with hand to hand combat, he's usually seen wielding his katar, he dabbles in shape shifting when ever he can. When he realized his suppressed abilities he made it his goal to seek further instruction. He is a beginner at shape shifting and is usually taking the form of a wolf, but can only sustain that transformation for 10 minutes.

While passing through a small town he heard of a school for magically gifted people. Ulric then went out in search for this school as to find a proper teacher. He was surprised when he was accepted and learned to like the atmosphere the school provided.

Limits:

Pandamonium

SheenaTiger

Quote from: Pandamonium on June 26, 2010, 12:40:43 PM
is one more person out of the question?

most likely not, but elfguy needed a minimum-number :)
that one was reached with inlatetress :)

Nyarly

I hope it's not to late to join.

Name: Nara Talion

Race: Half-Elf

Appearance: Nara is a bit short and looks so overly feminine, that he often gets confused for a girl. His affinity to girls' clothes doesn't help. He is slender, but not very athletic. His eyes are purple and his hair is blue and reaches nearly to his butt. Due to his elven blood, his ears are a bit pointed.

Field of study: Mainly Healing, but dabbles quite a bit in Illusion and Transformation too.

Equipment: A long red robe, slitted on the left side, so it shows off his leg. His wooden wand is rather plain, but carved with elven symbols. Also, he has a wide assortment of girls' clothes (and barely boys' ones).

Bio: Nara's elven mother had always an interest in humans (much to the chagrin of her family) and after a long journey through human lands settled down in a city, where she met a young scholar, who she fell in love with. They married and soon after, Nara was born.

He was often teased by the human children, because of his elven blood and, as a result, became rather timid and had few friends. He noticed that female half-elves weren't treated so harshly as male ones and so he often pretended to be a girl, something that wasn't very hard for him. Soon he took a liking to the pretty clothes he often wore and put them on even when he didn't want to hide his true gender.

As expected, Nara showed quite an affinity to magic and his parents decided to send him to an magic academy. They chose Castlecliff because it had a great reputation and tolerance to other races were very high there.

Nara was quite enthusiastic about it and looked forward to a new life at the academy.

Limits: Pretty much my offs, but because of his girlish looks, I have nothing against gay stuff.

SheenaTiger

elfguy did not start anything ^^ so i dout it is "to late" and would ever be...

in hopes a friend of mine gets approval, i see another pupil for the academy comming, he allready looked at the thread and liked it ^^

elfguy

IC thread is up:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=73426.0

All the posted characters seem fine so far. Please remember however that this is intended to be a fun RP for everyone. If combat erupts please keep your character's power at a respectable level. No godmodding.

Also as I said I will mostly NPC the teacher and Elders, however you are free to play other teachers in encounters you wish to have and such, outside of classes.

Applications are still open if more want to join.
----

Tackyhillbilly

Those whose characters have been at the academy awhile, (at least Sheena and mine) want to talk about if our Chars know each other.?

SheenaTiger

elfguy wrote they are the same class, so maybe thy should know eac hother. that is, if the classes are not made anew each year

elfguy

I don't mind either way if some know each others or not. Feel free to make relationships if you want.
----

Tackyhillbilly

I'm up for it if you are, Sheena. How would Sashy feel about Akarn? He's rather fond of women in skimpy clothing, as I posted, and approves of people who take care of themselves, so he would probably be at least mildly nice to her... unless she treats him nastily or something.

Nyarly

I initially had in mind that Nara doesn't really know anyone, but due to his shyness (well, and maybe my own) it would be a bit tricky for him to make friends. Maybe he could already have made acquaintances with Sashy, due to their same field of study.

SheenaTiger

you could add such a thing to it ^^
i only made special note of one other since he is defintily around for more then just some days ^^
maybe that trap could have looked up who will be in the same fields ^^

Nyarly

Pandamonium

I feel as if I should apologize for my late comments. Between work and...well...work it can get difficult to post as much as I would like.
I do post as often as I can though :\