Xavier's Institute For Higher Learning ~ CLOSED!

Started by persephone325, August 01, 2016, 11:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Howling

Quote from: Ace Flyer on August 11, 2016, 01:53:43 PM
I wouldn't want to bother Wispyr if they're busy, so...could you give me a link to the thread? I can't say I've ever heard of it >>;

Was already searching for it. >_>

Right here.

Apologies for not linking it in the original mention. >_>

AribethAmkiir

Yup, I've got her directory on bookmark.  It's a great resource.

Ace Flyer

Much appreciated! :D

Emma Watson plays PC/NPC Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane

Now, what to do for character three...

Rave

*Puts down tentative interest in Domino pending PM response from GM and also says hi c:*

Bibliophilia

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Rave on August 11, 2016, 04:44:21 PM
*Puts down tentative interest in Domino pending PM response from GM and also says hi c:*

Long time on see! You need to play a hottie dude, too, fyi! :P

Rave

Quote from: Bibliophilia on August 11, 2016, 04:44:48 PM
Hey, Rave!

Hello Qt <3 Good to see you!

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 11, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Long time on see! You need to play a hottie dude, too, fyi! :P

Marmalade! I spotted you in here while browsing. Yeah, not since the last X-Men game, coincidentally!

I was looking around for one, but all the neat ones were taken :( Figured I'd play my hand at a lady this time, but if I could always bring back my Russian Ursa Major at some point later, too!

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Rave on August 11, 2016, 04:50:57 PM
Marmalade! I spotted you in here while browsing. Yeah, not since the last X-Men game, coincidentally!

I was looking around for one, but all the neat ones were taken :( Figured I'd play my hand at a lady this time, but if I could always bring back my Russian Ursa Major at some point later, too!

There's still lots of awesome ones though! and yeah Ursa was nice to have around  O:)

Ace Flyer

Off the top of my head from browsing I've done, pretty guys that I don't think are claimed...

X-Man. Northstar...Um..

Okay, only had them >>;;

Aida Rose

Quote from: Ace Flyer on August 11, 2016, 06:22:14 PM
Off the top of my head from browsing I've done, pretty guys that I don't think are claimed...

X-Man. Northstar...Um..

Okay, only had then >>;;

Seriously? There's like a million X-Men characters. I'm sure they haven't already been exhausted...well, the popular ones almost definitely have been.

Ace Flyer

True. But off the top of my head, those were the only two I remembered that looked like a 'hottie dude' like they were chatting about ^^;;

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Ace Flyer on August 11, 2016, 06:25:26 PM
True. But off the top of my head, those were the only two I remembered that looked like a 'hottie dude' like they were chatting about ^^;;

Northstar looks like a thin little elf of a man <.<

There's still a lot of hot ones out there :)

Lockepick

I found it hilarious that you could only think of two hot guys - one of which has a constant explosion coming out of one eye.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Cuchulainn

It is regularly commented on within the comics how hot Rictor is, well in x-force anyway.

Ace Flyer

Quote from: Lockepick on August 11, 2016, 06:32:57 PM
I found it hilarious that you could only think of two hot guys - one of which has a constant explosion coming out of one eye.

In my defense, I was paying a lot more attention to the ladies :P

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Ace Flyer on August 11, 2016, 06:40:42 PM
In my defense, I was paying a lot more attention to the ladies :P

Glad you said it so I feel better saying this, as I was hesitating:

I would tend to throw in my two cents that asking one or more of the many players on here, male or female, simply what male mutants they found hot would be a better route.  Comic characters get drawn differently over the years and in different version.  The real litmus test is just seeing who people have had R34 dirty thoughts about.

If you were tending to pay attention just to the ladies you might be missing something.  Just sayin'. ;)

Rave

She JUST beat out Kiera Knightely for this, but--

I'd like to reserve Claire Daines for Neena Thurman/Domino

(P.S: It's a picture link. That hair on her sold me!)

AribethAmkiir

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

AribethAmkiir

AribethAmkiir

persephone325

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on August 11, 2016, 08:37:51 PM
Are we sending you and BH character sheets now?

Yes. If you've already sent one in before now, then don't worry about re-sending it. Brand new sheets need to be sent to both of us.
I don't know.

DinaFlower

Quote from: persephone325 on August 07, 2016, 03:01:24 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Locke, here.

Having a character that can, almost perfectly, mimic any ability she sees as well as remembering it... That's a little too god-mod like. A character like that would render all the other characters useless, and there wouldn't be much point in the game. Rogue has to touch someone to absorb their powers/memories/etc, and even then it's not permanent. Though it can be if she keeps contact for too long. But the drawback for her is that she has to constantly keep her skin covered and fears touching anyone.

I know someone will probably bring up Layla soon, so I'll address her. She's a GM only NPC, meaning she isn't going to have a large role in the game. Yes, she has every power in existence. But she exits for GM plot purposes, and her drawback is that she isolates herself nearly all the time. She needs several hours a day to meditate and remain "stable", and that's even with the mental barriers that the Professor put inside her head.

I know I've said I don't like to put limits on player's creativity, but a power like that can really put people off from interacting with your character. Or even joining the game.

The point is not to be able to see a power and then do it. That is what she WANTS to be able to do. But what I was thinking was more that she picks one player((Who is okay with it)) to study and watch, and just have a lot of RP with. And she is trying to learn what makes their power work. And at some point she may or may not have the power. I do not really want to play someone who can just see a power and do it. But I want to play someone who wants to be able to do that.

But I was thinking that if she spends enough time going down this road. Then like in 2 or 3 yeas she might start to understand it. But even if not I am fine with it. It is not that I want her to have that power. I want her to want that power.

Black Howling

Quote from: DinaFlower on August 12, 2016, 02:34:51 PM
The point is not to be able to see a power and then do it. That is what she WANTS to be able to do. But what I was thinking was more that she picks one player((Who is okay with it)) to study and watch, and just have a lot of RP with. And she is trying to learn what makes their power work. And at some point she may or may not have the power. I do not really want to play someone who can just see a power and do it. But I want to play someone who wants to be able to do that.

But I was thinking that if she spends enough time going down this road. Then like in 2 or 3 yeas she might start to understand it. But even if not I am fine with it. It is not that I want her to have that power. I want her to want that power.

I'm gonna be direct here. Please do not take it offensively, I just feel this method will lead to less confusion.

Persephone and I are not comfortable with even the possibility, or potential of this power being used in game. Even to be achievable. That opens the door for it to happen, and we don't think it's a suitable power for the game. That said, if you want your character to WANT that power, then that's fine. Being that she can copy most anything else by enough visual observation, it stands to reason she might think she can do this. It will not be possible, however. It's too similar to Rogue's power, without the fear and inevitable horror her's presents.

If you have further questions on how we want this handled, please PM the both of us for further explanations.