News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I Need A Comedy!

Started by Cassiopeia, August 02, 2010, 08:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiopeia

Alright so me and my baby are getting drunk on meade tonight and we'd like a great side-splitter to accompany it!  ;D  Suggestions anyone?  We are not opposed to "old" films either, just something that will make us tear up with laughter.

Hunter

Army of Darkness.    ;D

Oniya

Any Jackie Chan movie.

There's also a wuxia film out there called 'Legend of the Eight Samurai' which is so badly translated it's hysterical. 

(Sample line:  I went off to become a ninja, so you would be proud of me.  See the horse?  And the armor?  Look at the sword!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

Have you seen Stripes?

"Are either of you homosexuals?"
"No, but we're willing to learn."

Oniya

Oh - and just about anything by Mel Brooks.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

Quote from: Oniya on August 02, 2010, 08:47:49 PM
Oh - and just about anything by Mel Brooks.

History of the World, Part I

Cassiopeia

I've actually been leading towards a Mel Brooks movie ... but all these suggestions are great, keep em coming!

MasterMischief

Not a movie, but Eddie Izzard.

I claim this land in the name of England.
You can't claim it.  We live here.
Yes, but do you have a flag?

Cassiopeia

Have him saved on my Netflix instant que <.< *refuses to use the superfluous extra "ue"*

Wolfy

Anything by Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson..especially now that we know how insane they are. :D

Just look at them trying to act all serious, when beneath that exterior lies the heart of insanity. ^-^

I've heard good things about "The Hangover"...but I've never seen it myself.

Cassiopeia

It was quite hilarious actually ... don't think he's seen it so good suggestion  ;D

Kunoichi

Ghostbusters and its sequel are both good.

Serephino

Secondhand Lions.  It's got both adventure and comedy. 

Cassiopeia

Thanks for the suggestions guys!  We wound up watching Roxanne, which is a great movie, and were going to watch some Mel Brooks after ... but I kinda passed out <.<  At least now we have a great list for next time! =D

HairyHeretic

If you want a classic, the Marx Brothers 'Duck Soup'.

Monty Python is always good .. I could watch the stoning scene or Biggus Dickus from the Life of Brian a dozen times over, and crack up each time. The Holy Grail is also great.

Jackie Chan is good, but I prefer his older stuff ... for pure laughs though, City Hunter.

Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle are a lot of fun, with over the top wuxia silliness.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sophyta

Spaceballs.  How's that.  There are many more..
I am what Nightmares are made of.....

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RubySlippers

Just saw it - KICK ASS. Available at most better Blockbuster Expresses and Redboxes, not sure of Netflix.

Its just AWESOME especially Hit Girl the 11 year old death machine.

HairyHeretic

True. Hit Girl is exceptionally entertaining.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cassiopeia

Zomg I've been wanting to see that so bad! =D  This may call for more meade and another movie night!