Deception: Murder in Hong Kong/CS Files (Rules and OOC)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 17, 2015, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

James Moriarty

Galactic Druid

So, the die has been cast, and Remiel is our new forensics expert!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

Sorry about this, I've I've played and shuffled this game's cards since the last round I set up here, so there's a few repeats. Thankfully, it's not the kind of thing that ruins the game.

Galactic Druid

Alrighty, everything is in place, we're ready to roll!

Quote from: Remiel on January 12, 2016, 01:32:39 PM
Does BAMF's card really say "Incest"?

:o  :o  :o

Ummmm... oops, that's supposed to be insect. Let's not read into that, shall we?

BAMF

Wait what holy shit
no
leave it.

Okay fine we can have bugs
but this is E.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Galactic Druid

But we're in the NA section! You can have all the incest you want over in the RP threads.

BAMF

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Assassini

Quote from: BAMF on January 12, 2016, 02:47:26 PM
They're gonna be incestuous bugs in my mind now.

If that turns out to be the murder card, all Remiel has to do is direct us to it with a card that says "Family" or something and my week will be made.

Remiel

Hey, RPG, what do you think about this: maybe the first Investigator to correctly solve the crime gets to be the next FS? Or the murderer/accomplice, if no one does?

That way, you introduce a bit of healthy competition among the Investigators.  But you also want to make sure you're correct in your guess, because you only get one shot.

Verasaille

I am not sure I want to be the FS. On the other hand I think it should be random, so everyone gets a chance. Whether we roll for it or something like a vote?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on January 12, 2016, 07:00:49 PM
Hey, RPG, what do you think about this: maybe the first Investigator to correctly solve the crime gets to be the next FS? Or the murderer/accomplice, if no one does?

That way, you introduce a bit of healthy competition among the Investigators.  But you also want to make sure you're correct in your guess, because you only get one shot.

The problem with this though is that people who vote later absolutely get an advantage, which could make the game drag out. Not to belittle your achievement of winning the last game for us, but me and BAMF had ruled out both of the other alternatives you had seemed to be considering :P

BAMF

Does it make me seem selfish if I +1 that, Assassini? ;D
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Assassini

Quote from: BAMF on January 12, 2016, 08:19:56 PM
Does it make me seem selfish if I +1 that, Assassini? ;D

Well seeing as I said it first... How very dare you.

Galactic Druid

On a sidenote, thanks to all of you for playing with me! It's been a while since I've been on E, it's nice to have a game again. I almost forgot how much I like it here, and how well I feel I fit in. ^^

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, the point is thanks for hanging out with me everyone!

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 13, 2016, 09:06:34 AM
On a sidenote, thanks to all of you for playing with me! It's been a while since I've been on E, it's nice to have a game again. I almost forgot how much I like it here, and how well I feel I fit in. ^^

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, the point is thanks for hanging out with me everyone!

We love you too good buddy.

Remiel

Yeah, RPG!  Good to have you back.  You always seem to pick winners, gamewise.

Galactic Druid

I'm a board game enthusiast, and see a lot between the groups I attend and run. Every once in a while, I find something like Deception that I have to share. If I can ever figure out how to code a darn table, I also want to run Codenames on CHWB. That's a big off though, BBC code eludes me.

Derwaysh

Hello folks! At the lovely Madame P's invitation, I would like to officially toss me hat into the ring for your consideration if you decide to do another round. ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Unless I have 7 people drop after this round, I'm definately planning another. Welcome, Derwaysh!

Blythe

I know I'm not dropping--this game is too addictive and fun! ^^