News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on August 08, 2012, 01:46:40 PM
The problem is that Evelynn is her stealth mechanic. Without that she's a mediocre tanky dps option with a bunch of steroids, meaning any other tanky dps champion is a better option because her new stealth is shit.

She's got pretty good damage output (after being significantly fed/farmed; her early game is absolute crap), but almost nothing in the way of CC to protect herself or halt a runner, no gap-closer and negligible burst potential. Once she actually latches onto someone she can rip into them pretty hard and her movespeed bonuses are hilarious (I was able to chase a Highlander-buffed Yi through his allied Heimerdinger's frost turrets and was still running FASTER than Yi), but she's altogether lackluster without the ability to actually sneak up on someone to get those first speed-boosting hits in.

They need to make the radius of detection on her stealth smaller or add a delay to how long you can be near a champion before they detect you or SOMETHING. The current version of her stealth is almost useless; it's basically just a bush you carry around with you. Sure, it can enable some ganks the enemy team might have otherwise seen coming, but you're in the fog of war for 95% of that time anyway, so being invisible is redundant up until the point where you actually BENEFIT from it, which is when they can see you. -.-

The Eve rework is a mess.

I just played her in a bot game, and I say now that I have to agree.  I don't remember her being that useless.  It wasn't until I actually farmed A LOT that I was able to start getting kills with her.  Until then, she was simply a liability to the team.  I'd say even changing her stealth alone would increase her viability tremendously, but she needs more work.  I actually did better with her before her remake when her first attack could actually stun which made more sense.  Ugh, I hate that she has become even more useless now because I love playing her.

Shjade

Even when they nerfed her stealth attack to only slow instead of stun, it was okay. It wasn't the slow that was important; it was the stealth that let you get all the way into melee range and attack before anyone knew you were there that mattered. This is why the new stealth as good as non-existent: it doesn't help you do what you need it to do.

I mean, this is going to sound ridiculous, but her old passive was actually better than the new one.

(For anyone unfamiliar with it, her old passive was "Evelynn takes 50% reduced damage from minions." Seriously.)
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Almost every other melee assassin/fighter in the game has some kind of ability to close the gap between themselves and their target.  The only thing she has is her movement speed which has to be built up, and even if you use the ability to increase it, she pops out of what little stealth she has.  I don't get it. :|

BentNikki

Poor Eve...  Think they'll let her die into obscurity, or will they keep re-working on the re-work until she becomes... playable again?

Ryven

Quote from: BentNikki on August 09, 2012, 02:35:26 PM
Poor Eve...  Think they'll let her die into obscurity, or will they keep re-working on the re-work until she becomes... playable again?

There's no use in keeping her around if she's unplayable.  I think they'll continue to rework her until something actually makes her viable.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on August 09, 2012, 02:41:03 PM
There's no use in keeping her around if she's unplayable.  I think they'll continue to rework her until something actually makes her viable.

We may have the first retired champ?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

If a champion is going to get retired, it should definitely be Eve.

That said, she's hardly the first champion to get multiple reworks. Just don't expect it to happen this year.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on August 09, 2012, 06:45:03 PM
If a champion is going to get retired, it should definitely be Eve.

That said, she's hardly the first champion to get multiple reworks. Just don't expect it to happen this year.

True.  Kayle has had a couple of reworks since her creation.  I remember when her invulnerability power was NOT her ult. 

The Golden Touch

LoL angst of the day: Wanting to play draft pvp with Sin but knowing I am really only good at Cait, fair/passing with Morgana and Miss Fortune. Le sigh.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Ryven

That's why I don't play draft pvp much.  ::)

Shjade

I don't play draft mode ever, and I'm reasonably good enough with a wide enough variety of champs now that I probably could. It's just not worth the hassle. :|

Related: played Veigar in an all-draft all-mid game this evening. My team's Lux decried me for being a baddie because I didn't catch Kassadin in my ring of stun every time he jumped in and threw his combo at someone (usually me, which makes it even harder to react in time given I'm silenced).

This Lux proceeded to go 4/12, never land a snare on Kassadin, and generally exhibit poor play throughout the game.

Yeah, I'm not interested in trying to play the game "seriously" with people like that in it. ;p
◕/◕'s

Sex Bobomb

You are far more likely to get a reasonable team comp in draft mode simply by the nature of how picks work. You want have 3 insta lock AP carries, you want have a team completely comprised of AD carries. It's more structured and, in my experience, more likely to get you reasonably communicative team mates.

Side note: Did anyone see the leaked PBE UI remake?

Gavlois

O/O

SinXAzgard21

Shjade

◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on August 10, 2012, 09:03:05 AM
You are far more likely to get a reasonable team comp in draft mode simply by the nature of how picks work. You want have 3 insta lock AP carries, you want have a team completely comprised of AD carries. It's more structured and, in my experience, more likely to get you reasonably communicative team mates.

Side note: Did anyone see the leaked PBE UI remake?

If I do play pvp it is draft pick... I can't stand being the only tank with three AP camps that get rolled over. 

That UI looks nice.

Sex Bobomb

It certainly looks a bit unpolished, the minimap for example. But it's PBE, and I'm really happy to see them retooling the UI. It's really about the information rather than the aesthetics to me.

ofDelusions

From my experience people in draft pick are generally more competent than in blind. In draft, both teams have reasonable team comps, people generally CS decently, people ward and occasionally remember to contest things like baron etc etc and I usually have rather hard time winning my lane.

In Blind Pick, I get things like Heal+ Clarity anivia, no flash Ashe who doesn't CS etc.

I only play blind pick when I either premade with lower level friend, want to play Kassadin, or just want to trolfstomp (usually ties in with "want to play Kassadin")

Btw, Kassadin has to be the most hilarious champion to play in the entire game.

Shjade

Quote from: ofDelusions on August 11, 2012, 04:44:03 AM
Btw, Kassadin has to be the most hilarious champion to play in the entire game.

Nope, Singed. AP Yi might tie Kass for second.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Every AP Yi I have witnessed just die....  I love playing Singed but now Kennen is up there with him.

Cybrewaste

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 10, 2012, 12:39:05 PM
If I do play pvp it is draft pick... I can't stand being the only tank with three AP camps that get rolled over. 

That UI looks nice.

A few of the Art Rioters did an AMA on reddit about the new UI. I believe that's an earlier iteration of it. This is the latest iteration in their development.

Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Shjade

...why does his ult have 5 squares when ults only go up 3 levels?
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on August 12, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
...why does his ult have 5 squares when ults only go up 3 levels?

Is it that big of a deal though?

Cybrewaste

I'm going to presume that it's something that will be fixed in a future iteration of it. One should remember that this is a Work in Progress, so those little things will be fixed before it goes live.
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]