You don't want to have to wake up here
Bad dreams you don't want to have to wake up here
Bad dreams sad scenes and fear
you don't want to have to wake up here
Bad Dreams
you don't want to have to wake up here"
- Swollen Members 'Bad Dreams'
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Jefepato

Creeper, would stuff from books like Shadow Court be banned?  Arts like Contempt are positively hilarious (although the Thallain are distinct enough from Kithain that they would probably never fit in).

Creeper

Anything from another book or made up would have to be run by me first, since I don't have access to those books.

ZK

I have acess to all of the C:TD books as I've said many times before. I'd think twice about allowing membership to the Shadow Court. Since you don't have the book, I wouldn't allow it since the damn "Court" is so friggen complicated.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Muse

Okay, creeper, I need a ruling from you.  What level of Ecchoes flaw are the Eccoes I'm about ot lengthily and labouriously describe: 

Paranormal Disadvantages: 
   Kumiko’s power, along with her investment of imagination into anime, has a few drawbacks… 
   Masks always initially fool her, and even the most obvious mask will require a tip off and concentrated act of will to recognize as such. 
   The weather, leaves, flower petals, and ravens respond to her emotions in superficial but attention drawing ways.  The wind always catches her hair at just the right dramatically appropriate moment, which can make a positive impression, but also tends to stick in people’s minds.  She can sometimes be noticed by looking for ravens following her around. 
   As to a delicate matter, Kumiko’s psychology and destiny have a slightly unnatural reaction to sexual molestation, one that can twist her personality in the short term while protecting her psychology in the long term.  Her body responds to forced pleasure in ways more appropriate to hentai anime than to real life, and a skilled molester can implant suggestions and even short term brainwashing into her mind.  In the long term, however, she has a certain “anime-buffer” against the trauma of such rape, much the way she hides from violent trauma’s by acting like an anime character. 
   Brutalization, of course, is never anything other than brutalization, even in anime. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Creeper

Quote from: Zulokitty on October 21, 2005, 12:35:20 AM
I have acess to all of the C:TD books as I've said many times before. I'd think twice about allowing membership to the Shadow Court. Since you don't have the book, I wouldn't allow it since the damn "Court" is so friggen complicated.

Yeah, I'm not allowing the shadow court, but if he's just talking about an Art or an Treasure, I might allow it.

Now, as for kumiko

Masks always initially fool her, and even the most obvious mask will require a tip off and concentrated act of will to recognize as such

3 point Echos.

The weather, leaves, flower petals, and ravens respond to her emotions in superficial but attention drawing ways.  The wind always catches her hair at just the right dramatically appropriate moment, which can make a positive impression, but also tends to stick in people’s minds.  She can sometimes be noticed by looking for ravens following her around.

Dramatic Resonance, or something like that. The raven effect would be a 1 point Echos.

As to a delicate matter, Kumiko’s psychology and destiny have a slightly unnatural reaction to sexual molestation, one that can twist her personality in the short term while protecting her psychology in the long term.  Her body responds to forced pleasure in ways more appropriate to hentai anime than to real life, and a skilled molester can implant suggestions and even short term brainwashing into her mind.  In the long term, however, she has a certain “anime-buffer” against the trauma of such rape, much the way she hides from violent trauma’s by acting like an anime character.

A 1 or 2 point Blessing would cover that. (Blessing is just an innate form of Wonder)

Jefepato

Just out of curiosity, what sort of characters is everyone else making?

I was planning to be a pooka, but I'd hate to have half the group end up a bunch of animalistic liars.

Idachan

I´m really leaning towards Sluagh right now...

Ajoxer

Admittedly, I'm leaning towards a Pooka, of the snake variety. ^_^
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Idachan

Well, I am feeling the urge to see the glorious revival of sweet lady Leoveana but alas, she is not quite what a Sidhe usually is. The first Changeling character I made, a huge success when we played but I did say "whoops" after reading what Sidhe really are like.

Jefepato

How do you figure, Idachan?  There aren't many hard-and-fast rules about how a sidhe behaves, if I remember right.

Idachan

Well, she was almost painfully innocent, naive and sweet. Got into trouble more than once for being quite gullible. She could not have manipulated anyone even if she had luck on her side, a written script and thousands of willing helpers. Also, she held her own nobility of little importance and rejoiced when her redcap friend was elected Duchess... Her unseelie Redcap friend with a chimera that knew sign language. In particular the Finger.

Jefepato

That is awesome.

It's also not really against the rules.  It's extemely unorthodox, but not as unorthdox as, say, Seelie redcaps -- and you know how many of those people have played.

What's starting to bother me is that the childling Glamour/Willpower/Banality distribution is so much more awesome than the others, since I really can't (and wouldn't want to) play a childling in this game.

ZK

If anyone needs any help, again, I extend my hand. I own all the books for C:TD and I'm willing to give aid.

As for knowing a Shadow Court Art. The person who taught it to a non-member and the one who taught it. Are as good as dead.

It's basically a Traditional Mage getting away with learning Technocracy Protocals and getting away with their given equipment.

Anyway, on the Arts, Merits and whatnaught. If you need help Creeper with the odd things, I'll help.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ZK

You're just allowing Kithian, right? No Ghallain, Thallain, Inanimae, Dauntain or Adhene, right?

Idachan

Natalie C. Barney

Could I play a mortal?  ???

I'm talking one with no powers just some mortal with lots of strange friends perhaps.

Mages and Changelings are too complicated. Plus the only book I have is for mortals other than the Vampire rules. I do not want to play a Vampire I never ran a normal human, could be fun.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Jefepato

There was an oWoD book for mortals?

Natalie C. Barney

Yes for the Inquisition and they are all mortals and it covered other hunters. Of course I would be playing a mortal with no hunter interests. In short.

ATTRIBUTES 6/4/3
ABILITIES 11/7/5

BACKGROUNDS 5 (many are available to mortals like Mentor works just as well for them as an advisor and guide)

VIRTUES (not used as a mortal)

WILLPOWER 5

HUMANITY not used since they are human

FREEBIE POINTS 21

MERITS/FLAWS must be ones a mortal would have so Supernatural ones are very very rare

Basically a human is less impressive skillwise and the like but get a little more personal choice getting more freebie points. But they have no obvious problems like supernaturals like Vampires have to feed on blood, avoid sunlight and are hunted plus have diferent factions fighting for domination. So its not all bad.

Merits and Flaws I plan to take to add flavor so will keep these fewer than 7 pts.

And there was on small handbook for the 2nd Edition for KINE, I own it and included psychic powers and hedge magic and the like. It was call the MORTAL HANDBOOK I think, I did a charceter with them years ago but don't own it. Example one one area they could buy TRUE FAITH for 7 points each so could get TRUE FAITH at 3 Dots. But only Freebie Points could buy special powers. But mortals are easy to do all the systems include them kind of have to.

Anyway if you want players you need to include those without the books- I suspect if you stuck a cheat aheet for Changelings and Mages you might get interest OR include some mortals since they are easier to start out with.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

(Suggestion, Natalie: maybe you should play a mortal who's kinain, or something like that, so you wouldn't have to have constant Glamour infusions to interact with changelings and the like.)

Creeper, what would you say is the bonus point cost for a pooka with wings (wings that actually work, if perhaps not well)?  Kithbook: Pooka lists the Physical Abnormality merit as 3-4 points, but all it really says for anything specific is that the Storyteller sets the cost.  (Of course, I'd understand if you thought the whole idea wasn't appropriate -- I could just take Wayfare instead.)

Natalie C. Barney

What's a Kinain? I take its a merit I'd be happy to take it. I assume its someone touched by fae blood or something. But it may freak her out seeing fairy folk running around, of course she could take a flaw for an addiction to drugs might help explain matters.  ;D

Sorry I know mortals but many merits and flaws unique to Changeling I don't know off hand.

If I do that might be nice to pick a Changeling she's oriented with is there one that would be good tied into a streetwalker or sex performer concept? You know a lecherous and sex liking Changeling she could have drawing her into her seedy life. Do they have Nymphs?
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

It's a bit more complicated then a simple merit. But I could run you through the steps of creating one. I have the book for Kinian.

Jefepato

A kinain is basically a faeblooded mortal.  I have no idea how much it would cost as a Merit...

...oh, here.  The Mage book lists it as a 4-point Merit.  It says you can possibly learn cantrips (but isn't very clear on how that works, and I'd ask Creeper before going there), and tend to have a lower Banality than most humans (which is very good if you plan on spending time with the fae).  And, of course, you can see (and be affected by) all the chimerical stuff that normal mortals can't.

I think there might be a different book that's a little more specific about how kinain work, but I don't have it.  (never mind -- Zulokitty can probably take the explanation from here)

There are no nymphs; the closest thing, I guess, would be satyrs (which do come in both sexes).

Natalie C. Barney

See there is always an easier way  ;D!

Kinain Merit 4 pts. I can do that.
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

Nymphs do exist, but they're of the Inanimae sort of spirits instead of a Kithian.

Creeper

Hoo, boy, you all sure posted a lot while I was out. Alright, let's start.

As for knowing a Shadow Court Art. The person who taught it to a non-member and the one who taught it. Are as good as dead.

It's basically a Traditional Mage getting away with learning Technocracy Protocals and getting away with their given equipment.

All I've got about the shadow court is a short paranoid blurb in the core book, so they have little influence in my game.

And spying and stealing between technocrats and traditionalists have happened. Spying is an extremely dangerous game, but it has been pulled off.

You're just allowing Kithian, right? No Ghallain, Thallain, Inanimae, Dauntain or Adhene, right?

This is correct. As the Kiths now represent a concept, rather then a set appearance, they are not needed. Execpt for Dauntain, who are antagonists.

Could I play a mortal?

Sure.

Anyway if you want players you need to include those without the books- I suspect if you stuck a cheat aheet for Changelings and Mages you might get interest OR include some mortals since they are easier to start out with.

See, the thing is that I don't want a huge amount of players. My style is in essence, 1 on 1, so having a large bunch of them would take up too much time.

Creeper, what would you say is the bonus point cost for a pooka with wings (wings that actually work, if perhaps not well)?  Kithbook: Pooka lists the Physical Abnormality merit as 3-4 points, but all it really says for anything specific is that the Storyteller sets the cost.  (Of course, I'd understand if you thought the whole idea wasn't appropriate -- I could just take Wayfare instead.)

Sure, that sounds reasonable, but keep in mind that if you're seen by a mortal, chances are you're getting kicked into the Near Dreaming with some banalty for your trouble.

What's a Kinain? I take its a merit I'd be happy to take it. I assume its someone touched by fae blood or something. But it may freak her out seeing fairy folk running around, of course she could take a flaw for an addiction to drugs might help explain matters.  Grin

I would like to keep things simple. A 4-point merit that shields you from the mists and lets you be enchanted easier could cover it. Maybe the ability to perchase Glamour and Arts, or pick up a Fae-themed Sorcery path. You could also be a standard Cultist in a mage's circle, if you want to jump right into the Weirdness.

Jefepato

Would you say 3 or 4, then?  (And hey, if it's part of my fae mien, odds are the mortals won't be seeing it.)

Jefepato

Also, when you say 1 on 1 is your style, does this mean the PCs will mostly be seperate, or will we meet each other often?

Creeper

I meant if they see you flying, it's going to be a problem. I'd say it costs 4 points.

The characters are going to be mostly seperate, unless they arrange something before hand. Meetings will be very rare otherwise.

Ajoxer

I prefer to be working in someone else's campaign- I enjoy interacting with players. If anyone would be willing to drag along the Pooka- Accepting occasional tricks along with it- just IM me. ^_~
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Jefepato

I wouldn't mind having someone else along, but a two-pooka team would be a lot less amusing than grouping with someone who'd be a foil for an overly-happy pooka.  Like a troll, or a not-too-murderous redcap.

Natalie C. Barney

This is going to be fun I can do small groups and like the WoD setting. And the city is real full of possibilities. So where do I stick a character sheet on here?
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ajoxer

Hmmm... I should try a new Kith... Let's chat it over on AIM.

Natalie C. Barney

I'm having trouble with the PM system for some reason. Well I want to play a human with the merit KITHKIN so she can interact easier with the Changelings. FLAWS will match costs. ADDICTION is very likely to be one.

Concept will be a STREETWALKER and she will have lots of Contacts, a Retainer (likely a girlfriend that changes like most change socks some homeless girl over the age of 16 as per the site limits [starting a game guidelines] or another SW but she won't have any useful skills in any case), Fame (just 1 dot among the right sort) and a Mentor. Well she needs a connected pimp to protect her and likely will be Chinese American attached to a Triad, maybe a pimp-lady her own mother or older sister might be fun. And resources of 2 Dots likely more but a drug habit is not cheap so the extra goes to that expense.  ;)

Generally attractive, manipulative, of average physical stats and perceptive. Know lots of people on the streets. And be very sexy in the SW sense as in will be a nice looker and clean looking. Not sure how old likely 18 but with experience pre-game.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

Wow, I'm an idiot.  There's a 4-point Wings merit in the core book.

Muse

i was about to point that out, bro. 

Looks like I might be playing the only mage.  Kumiko Morisato, olympic skater and gymnast, student shinto priestess tenativly afiliated with the Akashic Brotherhood. 

Boss, do you want this set in santa barbra, or do I need  areason to be away from my mini-chantry?  I hope the second, because it would take a lot of background points to cover.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Quote from: Creeper on October 21, 2005, 01:48:27 AM

A 1 or 2 point Blessing would cover that. (Blessing is just an innate form of Wonder)

The actual point here is not the psychological protection but the idea that she can be temporarily brain washed by being molested.  If it's too complicated, or doesn't fit with the theme of the game, I'll drop it. 

Muse

Will there be enough interaction with changelings to make Fae Blood merit worth the points? 

Idachan

Ajoxer

I'm thinking a somewhat Hannibal Lecter- IE, Mental Primary- Redcap. * crash of lightning.*

Creeper

Stuff slowly coming along. I'll finish up the Mage intro then write out the Changeling House rules, since they seem to need it more. Lots of posts, I'll get to addressing them all.

I'm having trouble with the PM system for some reason. Well I want to play a human with the merit KITHKIN so she can interact easier with the Changelings. FLAWS will match costs. ADDICTION is very likely to be one.

Concept will be a STREETWALKER and she will have lots of Contacts, a Retainer (likely a girlfriend that changes like most change socks some homeless girl over the age of 16 as per the site limits [starting a game guidelines] or another SW but she won't have any useful skills in any case), Fame (just 1 dot among the right sort) and a Mentor. Well she needs a connected pimp to protect her and likely will be Chinese American attached to a Triad, maybe a pimp-lady her own mother or older sister might be fun. And resources of 2 Dots likely more but a drug habit is not cheap so the extra goes to that expense.  Wink

Generally attractive, manipulative, of average physical stats and perceptive. Know lots of people on the streets. And be very sexy in the SW sense as in will be a nice looker and clean looking. Not sure how old likely 18 but with experience pre-game.

Sounds fine, but keep in mind that I'll mostly be looking to a character's background for their story. And please don't send me a character sheet yet, I have no place to put them.

Boss, do you want this set in santa barbra, or do I need  areason to be away from my mini-chantry?  I hope the second, because it would take a lot of background points to cover.

No, the setting is the fictional city of Talis Canyon. If that's out of your character's usual stomping grounds, you'll need a reason why.

The actual point here is not the psychological protection but the idea that she can be temporarily brain washed by being molested.  If it's too complicated, or doesn't fit with the theme of the game, I'll drop it.

That's why it's only a 1 or 2 point blessing; it has flaws. But if you want to drop it...

Will there be enough interaction with changelings to make Fae Blood merit worth the points?

If your background and intentions warrents it, then it will. Though I should state that it's a lot easier for Mages to fit in with Fae then mortals, houserule-wise.

Jefepato

Yeah, but mages are a lot harder to hit with cantrips.

Muse

Background: Sachiko Morisato immigrated to California some time ago with her young son when she made too many enemies of the Japanese magi.  A hereditary priestess as well as Martial Artist Mage and seamstress, Sachiko is older than she looks, a Master of Matter with extensive array of spiritual, telepathic, and life-based powers to compliment those abilities.  Her most recent hobbies include fan-subbing anime and rebuilding old cars. 

She was able to acquire a Node and concentrate it as the Cherry Blossom Temple outside of Santa Barbra.  Parishioners of Shinto from all over California come there to worship on major holidays, acquiring lucky arrows and other talismans appropriate to the season.  The shrine is open to other alternative religions, and the curious know that, if they come with open and respectful minds, they’ll find well informed priests. 

Her son Takumi runs a small martial arts dojo when not helping out around the temple.  He is known and respected as a martial arts and athletics sensei who sometimes helps people out with their problems a la Quai Chane Kain, rewards being accepted but not asked for. 

He’s a bachelor with a slight (and sometimes exaggerated) reputation as a playboy, more because the women he falls in love with either move on after passionate affairs or die than because he engages in overly casual relationships.  One such woman was a blue eyed and busty Rom named Catalina, who died baring him a daughter. 

At least, that’s what they told Kumiko.  She recently gained the courage to peer back in time to the moment of her mother’s death and saw herself cradled in the arms of an elf, when men with iron knives burst down the door.  (OR whatever else the storyteller considers an appropriate plot hook.) 

Takumi loves his daughter Kumiko very much, and they spend a lot of time training together, translating anime, hunting demons, and just dining as a family.  Their relationship is sometimes strained, though, by Kumiko’s guilt over her mother dying in childbirth and growing independence issues based on being a 20 year old who still lives at home and is going into the family business. 

Kumiko was noted as a gifted athlete and martial artist by her father and teachers right from the start.  Neither the best nor worst student in school, she generally managed Bs and Cs with minimal effort.  She did have a few mental talents, though.  She picked up on languages fast, being equally fluent in English, Japanese, Cantonese and Spanish.  She does occasionally slip into a sort of “border speech” and mix her languages, especially when she’s nervous. 
She kept very busy growing up, doing little with her family besides training and translating anime.  Her friends were mostly boys and a few girls who shared her love of martial arts or skating, and they formed a sort of spook squad together.  She did have one boyfriend named Ben Kendal in high school, and her relationship with him grew passionate, but dissolved when he was unwilling to give up his virginity with her.  The tension grew too great, and he, being a more cerebral boy, couldn’t really keep up with his highly athletic girlfriend. 

Her skater crew narrowed down to a spook squad with the strength of will to do investigative work pertaining to her family’s “second job”, demon hunting, and narrowed to a crew of 5 others, John Steel, Jackie Lee, Kokoro Kino, and Ian and Naomi Silverstien.  However, they separated out to various colleges while Kumiko devoted 2 years to the Olympics. 

Idachan

*clears throat before waving her hand around a little*

Excuse me... Um can I have some attention?

The thing is that I have the link to an online white wolf character sheet generator where you can put your dots where they should go and click for merits and flaws and everything, they have Vampire, Werewolf, Mage and Changeling sheets I think. Then you can save it to your computer and upload it to a website. Problem is, I don´t have a website. If anyone could host them it would be an easy way of getting everyone´s sheets comprehendable and collected. It´s just an idea but it is an idea.

Jefepato

Hey, Creeper?  Are Kithbook Merits allowed only for the relevant kith?  (Obviously some make no sense for any other, but I'm looking at Sex Appeal in Kithbook: Satyr, here.)

Muse

Quote from: Idachan on October 23, 2005, 04:56:07 PM
*clears throat before waving her hand around a little*

Excuse me... Um can I have some attention?

The thing is that I have the link to an online white wolf character sheet generator where you can put your dots where they should go and click for merits and flaws and everything, they have Vampire, Werewolf, Mage and Changeling sheets I think. Then you can save it to your computer and upload it to a website. Problem is, I don´t have a website. If anyone could host them it would be an easy way of getting everyone´s sheets comprehendable and collected. It´s just an idea but it is an idea.

Wish I could help you, Ida-chan, but I think my site's down. 

Ajoxer

Bah. I've always been a fanatic believer in getting down and dirty in the character creation, having my hands wrist deep in the guts of my character.

Idachan

Quote from: Ajoxer on October 24, 2005, 04:45:57 AM
Bah. I've always been a fanatic believer in getting down and dirty in the character creation, having my hands wrist deep in the guts of my character.

o.O Poor little character.

Muse: It´s okay, I´m just tossing the idea out there.

Natalie C. Barney

I deleted my character sheet I plan to make some changes and all but you get the idea. I think we should start this on Halloween if you can get it ready to go by then.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

Probably not, as life is bogging me down until at least thursday. You'll get small updates when I have the time.

Muse

Are you ready for sheets yet, boss? 

Jefepato

Also: the question about Kithbook Merits remains unanswered.

Creeper

No Sheets yet, and yes, you can use kithbook merits and flaws if they make sense.

I figured I'll run the new cantrips system by you guys before I make anything offical.

-The base amount of dice for a cantrip is Attribute+Art being used.
-Cantrip difficulty will now be based on the individual Art used, ranging from 6-9, like most other WoD powers.
-Realm no longer adds to your dice pool; you need them to actually use your Cantrips effectively. You can use a Cantrip that has more dots in a Realm then you currently have, but it imposes a dice pool penalty equal to the rank you need.
-You only need to spend a glamour point in a Cantrip if you want to use a modifier realm. You don't need to spend them to affect mortals, autum people, using a cantrip without a bunk, etc etc.
-You can spend Glamour points to add dice to your Cantrip dice pool. You can no longer lower the difficulty with them.
-Bunks add to your dice pool equal to the level of Bunk used.
-There is no 'Wryd', you have the option of using any cantrip, or even revealing your Fae Mein to anyone, but not without consiqunces...
-You no longer have to overcome the Blanality of anybody, though it can interfere with some Cantrips. When an unenchanted mortal or autum person sees you doing something obviously supernatural, his Blanality is rolled with successes becoming points of Temporary Blanality to be inflicted on your character. This will increase with the number of witnesses to your folly.

What this all means is that it is, overall, much easier to use your Cantrips. With bunks and Glamour, they can be very powerful too. But throwing them around willy-nilly increases your chances of being seen by a sleeper, and getting smacked with Blanality. It's similar to the Mage system, now that I think of it, only Blanality isn't as unpredicable as paradox....

In any case, opinions?

Jefepato

It does seem to make a moderately-high Banality a lot less crippling for a changeling who wants to cast magic.  (On the other hand, difficulties higher than 5 scare me -- WoD dice hate me so very, very much.)

And I'm all for not having to spend Glamour, considering how hard it is to get the stuff.

Does this make changelings too good?  I have no idea.

Natalie C. Barney

With the merit KITHKIN from the mage system it says I can learn cantrips as a semi-mortal how would that work for my character as a mortal? Also I would like to have a fae in the family what sort would naturally be good for a prostitute with few morals and a horney streak? I was thinking a Satyre but would like some opinions on this for role-playing so it would be for fun KITHKIN (*insert changeling type*).

Could I add a new MERIT or FLAW based on how its taken I was thinking callin it FAE ATTRACTOR. Would make her appealing to one kind of Fae maybe lowering her Banality a little to one kind of changeling for a MERIT of 1 pt.. After all it is a double edged sword can also raise her vulnerability to their powers. As a FLAW I thought the GM could choose the changeling type. So could be either a MERIT or FLAW the former they generally nice fae and the later for generally bad fae. I was thinking with the sort she's from the line of as a MERIT so Satyres would really like her. LIKE SHE WOULD MIND. lol

Oh can changelings get mortal diseases I don't want to give Fae lovers AIDS or something else unpleasant?

Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

I think changelings can get diseases (at least, nothing gives them special resistance).  Which could be bad, since AIDS is pretty damn banal.

By the way, Creeper, the merit Sex Appeal normally reduces the difficulty of all Charisma and Appearance rolls.  Shall I assume that this does not apply for cantrips based on those attributes?  (In some cases, like Aphrodisia, it would make sense for it to apply, but I think it might be too powerful if it did.)

Natalie C. Barney

Maybe I'll change the flaws I was planning then I'd had to give the winged folk something like DRUG-RESISTANT VIRILENT HIV.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Idachan

^.^''' Went away for a week and forgot elliqiuy´s address.

Creeper

No, merits do not directly reduce the difficulty of Cantrips. They may make it easier to set them up, but they do not effect their use.

Jefepato

All right.  I realize you're not ready for sheets yet, but mine should be done sometime tomorrow all the same.

Creeper

I am accepting Changeling and Mortal sheets and backgrounds now. Mages are on hold until I can get the background up.

Idachan

Hm I have a first draft of a character so PM? Or mail? I would like the ST´s opinion and i`m not too keen on posting it public untill I have been cleared.

Creeper

PM is fine Ida.

I'd also like all players to answer a few questions along with their character sheets.

1. What are your goals as a player? What do you want your character to do or experience?

2. What are your Character's goals? What does he or she want?

3. What paticular Genre do you want for this game? A Mystery? An Adventure? How much sex? Little? A lot? When it makes sense for the plot?

4. Anything you want to add?

Oh, and please list your Freebie point spending.

Creeper

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on November 09, 2005, 09:52:30 PM
Name: Jasmine
Player: Natalie Barney (Anna)
Chronicle: Bad Dreams
Nature: Bon-Vivant
Demeanor: Deviant
Residence: Small 2 Bedroom Apartment
Sex: Female
Concept: Prostitute

ATTRIBUTES
Physical
Strength (2)
Dexterity (2)
Stamina (3)
Social
Charisma (3)
Manipulation (3)
Appearance (3)
Mental
Perception (2)
Intelligence (2)
Wits (2)

ABILITIES
Talents
Alertness (1)
Athletics (1)
Brawl (1)
Dodge (1)
Empathy (1)
Subterfuge [Seduction] (4)
Streetwise [Prostitution] (4)
Skills
Drive (1)
Etiquette (1)
Firearms (1)
Performance [Porn] (2)
Stealth (1)
Survival [Urban Streets] (4)
Knowledges
Computers (1)
Finance (1)
Law (1)
Linguistics [Spanish] (1)

ADVANTAGES
Backgrounds
Contacts (5)
[Major Contacts: Amy Jones (Local Stripper), Charlie (Homeless Man), Franky (Owner of Local Diner- Franky's Place), Officer Kate Yates (Local Beat Cop), Yvonne James (Social Worker).
Fame [Sex Trade] (1)
Influence (1)
Mentor [Latasha "Big Mama" Washington, Pimp-Lady] (1)
Resources (3)
Virtues
Conscience (3)
Self-Control (3)
Courage (4)

Humanity (7)
Willpower (7)

MERITS
Enchanting Voice (2 pts.)
Kind Face (1 pt.)
Kithkin (4 pts.)

FLAWS
Addiction: Light Recreational Drugs (2 pts.)
Compulsion: Flirt with Women (1 pt.)
Compulsion: Have Sex (1 pt.)
Disease Carrier: Drug Tolerant HIV [untreatable with any drugs] (2 pts.)
Twitch: Play with Rosary (1 pt.)

MAJOR POSSESSIONS: Decked-Out Computer, Website, Wardrobe of Working Clothes, Condoms, Drugs for Personal Use, Derringer [.44 One Shot], Box of Ammo, Cell Phone, New Red Moped with Helmet, ID, Debit Card, Cash, Antique Rosary.

PRELUDE: Born 18 years ago in the city she grew up here all her life in the less prosperous parts of the city, hell thats too nice a term. Jasmine was lucky she had two parents and several brothers and sisters, and they didn't hit her except when she deserved it. Jasmine did ok in school but was a little wild, she lost her virginity at 13 to a 19 year old guy and made it alot with girls. Her parents found all this out a year ago and kicked her out then she started pulling tricks to survive, did some internet porn movies, got into drugs but nothing hard and caught a really nasty form of HIV from a Nigerian client, she herself is not sick but can give it to others easily. Jasmine loves sex and hates condoms, uses them if the clients wants to but will do it bareback. Jasmine isn't stupid she had herself fixed with the help of her pimp-lady a year ago. Right now she takes clients largely off internet adverstising as an escourt with modest rates, works the streets when she feels like it and has the eye for other women that are physically mature enough to be fun.  :-*

Alrighty, I'm unfamiliar with the Kind Face and Twitch merits and flaws, so you'll have to explain them to me.

If your character suffers no ill effect from being infected, that would only be a 1-point flaw.

There's no need for a morality system, I don't use humanity in my games.

Natalie C. Barney

Kind Face reduces difficulties by 1 when a gentle natured face would affect a social roll. Not intimidate but seduction it would most likely.

Twitch is a nervous thing she does. Like if someone plays with their hair or bites there nails she plays with her antique rosary.

I'm going to redo her anyway.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Natalie C. Barney

Character Name: Pleasure Boxx AKA Mary O'Roark
Natures: Bon-Vivant
Demeanor: Bon-Vivant
Residence: Trendy Loft

ATTRIBUTES
Physical
Strength (2)
Dexterity (2)
Stamina (3)
Social
Charisma (3)
Manipulation (3)
Appearance [Specialty: Girl-Next-Door Sexy] (4)
Mental
Perception (2)
Intelligence (2)
Wits (2)

ABILITIES
Talents
Alertness (2)
Brawl (1)
Dodge (1)
Empathy (1)
Streetwise [Specialty: Prostitution]  (4)
Subterfuge (3)
Skills
Drive (1)
Etiquette (1)
Perform [Dance] (1)
Perform [Porn Acting] (2)
Stealth (1)
Survival (1)
Knowledges
Academics [Area of Interest: Philosophy] (1)
Computers (1)
Finance (1)
Law (1)

ADVANTAGES
Backgrounds
Contacts (5) [Amy James, College Clinic MD] [Becca, Streetwalker] [George Kowalski, Police Officer] [Kate Morrison, Social Worker] [Chen "the Ears" Lee, Street Information Specialist]
Fame [Prostitute] (1)
Mentor (2) [Jazzmine, Pimp-Lady]
Resources (4) [Investments for income 3 dots and the rest from her work, she is not cheap to hire and invests a good share of that each year so she can quite someday and maybe move to someplace decent to live, would be more but her pimp-lady gets half but provides her a place to live and takes great care of her.]
Status [Sex Industry] (1)
Virtues
Conscience (3)
Self-Control (3)
Courage (4)

WILLPOWER: 7

MERITS
Enchanting Voice (-2 points)
Kind Face (-1 point)
Kithkin (-4 points)

FLAWS
Drug Addiction (mild) [Light Drugs] (+1 point)
Compulsion: Flirt with Attractive Women (+1 point)
Compulsion: Have Sex (+1 point)

Freebie Points Spent as Follows:  [Mortals get 21 Points, +3 for Flaws (24 points total)]
+1 Dot in Streetwise (-2 points)
Backgrounds: 5 Dots in Contacts, 1 Dot in Mentor and +1 Dot in Resources (-7 points)
Willpower +3 Dots (-2 points)
Merits (-7 points)
Appearance +1 Dot (-5 points)

APPEARANCE
     Has dark black hair and dark brown eyes, full pouty lips and a wicked figure a bit more voluptuous kind of like almost any woman that people find appealing walking down the street, her skin is lightly brown and has a very gentle quality making her very approachable. Her voice is very arresting and almost magical most people find her best feature not to say the rest of her is bad.  :-* Her dress tends to be rather conservative but stylish even when working, is if nothing a classy prostitute of course that just adds to her appeal to many. Not to say she does not have little black dresses and working clothes but is never slutty. Her make up is modest and her grooming impeccible, is clean shaven and laser treated to have no unecessary body hair save her well kept shoulder length hair is a stylish design if simple. Her only noticeable feature is a small tattoo on her right breast, two roses with J in the middle. All her pimp-ladies women get it and the tattoo is very small so it doesn't unduly affect her appearance. She's 19 years old.

PRELUDE
     Not much to say she grew up in the city to hard working poor but proud parents her father a taxi driver and her mother a bathroom attendant, did ok in school even if they were crappy and ended up working as a stripper with fake ID at age 16 before hooking up with a gorgeous black woman that offered her escort work then when she turned 18 she did some porn shoots. It all paid well and she likes the work. Hell she likes sex so why not get paid for it? Over the years she has gained a rep as a top notch classy prostitute if not a call girl doesn't at least work the streets sure may do better bars and clubs but with her own website and being on key sites all over the internet she gets clients easy enough, even some women. Life is pretty good. She takes a class at the local university each term (whatever catches her fancy) and reads alot mostly serious non-fiction books so she can learn something, is not a bad student just likes to keep busy. Her parents are not that angry at her the city life is hard at least she found a nitch and is making a living at least unlike her three older brothers she's not selling drugs or in violent crime and she seems careful. She actually has a rather large brokerage account invested for strong dividend income and with solid companies, bonds and CD's but lives more modestly so she can invest more, she would like to earn enough so she never has to work again and maybe travel by the time she's 40. Now she is just interested in getting by and ahead.

1. What are your goals as a player? What do you want your character to do or experience? Have fun and meet all the wierdos in the group at some point.

2. What are your Character's goals? What does he or she want? Besides surviving and making money, not sure she is living day to day but maybe make enough money to live somewhere nicer maybe work at a legal brothel like the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.

3. What paticular Genre do you want for this game? A Mystery? An Adventure? How much sex? Little? A lot? When it makes sense for the plot? Hummmm maybe Hentai. She's a promiscuous whore so sex is a biggy for her.

4. Anything you want to add? Not right now.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Still eagerly awaiting any mage-specific rules. 

Jefepato

Name: Melissa Collins
Kith: Pooka
Seeming: Wilder
Court: Seelie
Legacies: Courtier/Cerenaic
House: Unaffiliated
Musing Threshold: Create Hope

XP: 0
Total XP: 0

Attributes:
Strength 2
Dexterity 3
Stamina 3
Charisma 4 (Lovable)
Manipulation 2
Appearance 4 (Sex Appeal)
Perception 2
Intelligence 2
Wits 2

Talents:
Alertness 1
Athletics 1
Brawl 1
Dodge 1
Empathy 4 (Desires)
Kenning 1
Persuasion 3
Streetwise 1
Subterfuge 1

Skills:
Drive 1
Etiquette 3
Melee 1
Performance 4 (Voice)
Survival 1

Knowledges:
Computer 2
Gremayre 1
Linguistics 1 (Spanish)
Medicine 1

Backgrounds:
Chimera 1
Dreamers 1
Resources 2
Treasure 1 (baker's stone)

Arts:
Aphrodisia 3

Realms:
Actor 3
Fae 2

Willpower: 3/3
Glamour: 4/4
Banality: 3
Temporary Banality: 0

Merits:
Ambidextrous (1)
Animal Magnetism (1)
Double-Jointed (1)
Good Listener (1)
Sex Appeal (3)
Voice of a Songbird (1)
Winged (4)

Flaws:
Changeling's Eyes (1)
Surreal Quality (2)

Bonus Points:
Abilities (-4 points)
Flaws (+3 points)
Merits (-12 points)
Willpower (-2 points)

Appearance:
Melissa is slender, graceful and shapely, standing around 5'3".  Her hair is raven black, usually tied back into a loose ponytail that hangs about halfway down her back, often with a pen helping to hold it in place.  Her eyes are an amazing shade of violet, set in a lovely face with a delightful smile.  Melissa usually dresses tastefully but with the intent of showing off; she likes jean shorts or skirts, often with a halter or other backless top, although in truth she looks good in anything (or nothing).

In her fae mien, the logic behind Melissa's choice of clothing becomes obvious.  She sports a beautiful pair of butterly wings, patterned in bright red, orange, and blue; a pair of four-inch antennae poke out of her head.  Her chimerical clothing is usually a bit fancier than the mundane; her favorite is a long, backless dress in dark blue and purple, slit up to mid-thigh for ease of motion.  The pen she wears in her hair is actually a chimerical dagger, although she would hate to actually use it.

Background:
Always a lovely girl with a wonderful voice, Melissa's Chrysalis at age 15 only made her more fun-loving.  Outgoing and vivacious, Melissa can and will get along with just about anyone, and usually doesn't lack for people to get along with.  She isn't just trying to be polite -- she really likes everybody.  Unable to tell the straight truth, Melissa usually couches her Pooka-ese in exaggerations or polite questions.
Melissa has lived in Talis Canyon for most of her life.  Now 19, she currently attends a local university, majoring in music theory; she lives in a small studio apartment not far from campus, and hopes to someday make a career as a singer.  (She certainly has the talent for it -- her voice is postively gorgeous.)  Lately she has been trying to counsel her friend Michael, a talented young pianist who seems to frequently lack confidence in his work (and in himself in general).
Melissa never seems to lack for suitors, both on campus and among the fae.  It's not just her beauty or her lovable personality (though she certainly has both), and it's not that she acts especially like a slut (though she has had no shortage of partners and is very skilled indeed, not to mention flexible), and it's unclear whether she's even fully conscious of it, but something about her manner just radiates sexiness.  The sway of her hips attracts eyes like moths to the flame; she can break hearts and harden cocks with a wink, a grin, or a whisper.  It doesn't exactly help that Melissa is a shameless flirt -- she doesn't intend to cause trouble, but things generally seem to work out in the end.

Answers to Mandatory Questions:
1. I'd like to get used to the Changeling game (which is why Melissa's background is weighted heavily in the direction of mortal rather than fae affairs).  Melissa is not the sort to provoke much combat (although it could happen); most of her interactions are likely to be the pleasant kind.

2. Melissa wants to finish college, to become a professional singer, and to generally enjoy life to the fullest.  And to make new friends -- you can never have too many friends.

3. Adventure.  Plenty of sex -- Melissa's set of Merits practically demands it.

4. I believe Ajoxer was interested in having his character (when completed) co-exist with mine, a potentially amusing situation if ever there was one.  (The presence of a stronger fighter could make combat a more reasonable option, too.)

Natalie C. Barney

Melissa and Pleasure Boxx =  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

lol

Maybe she can teach Pleasure Boxx a sexy cantrip or two? She is a Kithkin after all.

I did a little tweaking I gave her Academics of one and made her a casual student at the university maybe they could end up in a class together how about something like Introduction to Science with Lab (5 Credit Hours), she wouldn't mind 1 Dot in Science after all.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

Maybe she can, but would she actually teach Aphrodisia to a prostitute?  That sounds unhealthy.

(Also: despite being Kithain, PB is a drug-addicted prostitute: in a word, banal.)

Natalie C. Barney

Just mildly so if you noticed, maybe some marijuana every day to loosen up or a bit of Ecstacy mostly in her case her difficulties go up a point is she's not taken a dose on a given day of something. Its not like she a crack-whore! Doesn't matter that much if she learns mojo tricks or not just wondering. There are levels of addiction 2 points she would need to be high all the time she just need to keep the edge off so to speak.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

Oh, it's mild all right (is habitual use of marijuana even worth a point?), but her lifestyle in general just doesn't lend itself to a low Banality.

But, given that cantrips don't cost Glamour under Creeper's system, a few dots in an Art could be very good for you (since you don't have the problem kinain normally have, where they need a changeling's help to get them a Glamour refill just to use their powers).  I don't know how personal Banality impacts a kinain's ability to learn cantrips...

Natalie C. Barney

Well she's not against Ecstacy or other drugs of a recreational nature, but must have one every day or difficulties go up 1 point so is a drawback. A small one.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on November 12, 2005, 03:02:20 PM
Character Name: Pleasure Boxx AKA Mary O'Roark
Natures: Bon-Vivant
Demeanor: Bon-Vivant
Residence: Trendy Loft

ATTRIBUTES
Physical
Strength (2)
Dexterity (2)
Stamina (3)
Social
Charisma (3)
Manipulation (3)
Appearance [Specialty: Girl-Next-Door Sexy] (4)
Mental
Perception (2)
Intelligence (2)
Wits (2)

ABILITIES
Talents
Alertness (2)
Brawl (1)
Dodge (1)
Empathy (1)
Streetwise [Specialty: Prostitution]  (4)
Subterfuge (3)
Skills
Drive (1)
Etiquette (1)
Perform [Dance] (2)
Perform [Porn Acting] (2)
Stealth (1)
Survival (1)
Knowledges
Academics [Area of Interest: Philosophy] (1)
Computers (1)
Finance (1)
Law (1)

ADVANTAGES
Backgrounds
Contacts (5) [Amy James, College Clinic MD] [Becca, Streetwalker] [George Kowalski, Police Officer] [Kate Morrison, Social Worker] [Chen "the Ears" Lee, Street Information Specialist]
Fame [Prostitute] (1)
Mentor (2) [Jazzmine, Pimp-Lady]
Resources (4) [Investments for income 3 dots and the rest from her work, she is not cheap to hire and invests a good share of that each year so she can quite someday and maybe move to someplace decent to live, would be more but her pimp-lady gets half but provides her a place to live and takes great care of her.]
Status [Sex Industry] (1)
Virtues
Conscience (3)
Self-Control (3)
Courage (4)

WILLPOWER: 6

MERITS
Enchanting Voice (-2 points)
Kind Face (-1 point)
Kithkin (-4 points)

FLAWS
Drug Addiction (mild) [Light Drugs] (+1 point)
Compulsion: Flirt with Attractive Women (+1 point)
Compulsion: Have Sex (+1 point)
Twitch: Play with Rosary (+1 point)

Freebie Points Spent as Follows:  [Mortals get 21 Points, +4 for Flaws (25 points total)]
+1 Dot in Streetwise (-2 points)
+1 Dot in Perform [Dance] (-2 points)
Backgrounds: 5 Dots in Contacts, 1 Dot in Mentor and +1 Dot in Resources (-7 points)
Willpower +2 Dots (-2 points)
Merits (-7 points)
Appearance +1 Dot (-5 points)

APPEARANCE
     Has dark black hair and dark brown eyes, full pouty lips and a wicked figure a bit more voluptuous kind of like almost any woman that people find appealing walking down the street, her skin is lightly brown and has a very gentle quality making her very approachable. Her voice is very arresting and almost magical most people find her best feature not to say the rest of her is bad.  :-* Her dress tends to be rather conservative but stylish even when working, is if nothing a classy prostitute of course that just adds to her appeal to many. Not to say she does not have little black dresses and working clothes but is never slutty. Her make up is modest and her grooming impeccible, is clean shaven and laser treated to have no unecessary body hair save her well kept shoulder length hair is a stylish design if simple. Her only noticeable feature is a small tattoo on her right breast, two roses with J in the middle. All her pimp-ladies women get it and the tattoo is very small so it doesn't unduly affect her appearance. She's 19 years old.

PRELUDE
     Not much to say she grew up in the city to hard working poor but proud parents, did ok in school even if they were crappy and ended up working as a stripper with fake ID at age 16 before hooking up with a gorgeous black woman that offered her escort work then when she turned 18 she did some porn shoots. It all paid well and she likes the work. Hell she likes sex so why not get paid for it? Over the years she has gained a rep as a top notch classy prostitute if not a call girl doesn't at least work the streets sure may do better bars and clubs but with her own website and being on key sites all over the internet she gets clients easy enough, even some women. Life is pretty good. She takes a class at the local university each term and reads alot, is not a bad student just likes to keep busy. Her parents are not that angry at her the city life is hard at least she found a nitch and is making a living. She actually has a rather large brokerage account invested for strong dividend income and with solid companies, bonds and CD's but lives more modestly so she can invest more, she would like to earn enough so she never has to work again and maybe travel by the time she's 40. Now she is just interested in getting by and ahead.

1. What are your goals as a player? What do you want your character to do or experience? Have fun and meet all the wierdos in the group at some point.

2. What are your Character's goals? What does he or she want? Besides surviving and making money, not sure she is living day to day but maybe make enough money to live somewhere nicer maybe work at a legal brothel like the Bunny Ranch in Nevada.

3. What paticular Genre do you want for this game? A Mystery? An Adventure? How much sex? Little? A lot? When it makes sense for the plot? Hummmm maybe Hentai. She's a promiscuous whore so sex is a biggy for her.

4. Anything you want to add? Not right now.

Hmm, I'm going to disallow that Twitch flaw. It seems far more like a personality trait then a flaw. Why is she, as you said, a 'promiscuous whore'? What made her pick up that sort of life? What jobs did her parents have? What class is she taking at the university? What does she like to read? Any brothers or sisters? Why do her parents accept their daughter taking up such a hazardus profession?

Creeper

Quote from: Jefepato on November 13, 2005, 01:55:38 AM
Name: Melissa Collins
Kith: Pooka
Seeming: Wilder
Court: Seelie
Legacies: Courtier/Cerenaic
House: Unaffiliated
Musing Threshold: Create Hope

XP: 0
Total XP: 0

Attributes:
Strength 2
Dexterity 3
Stamina 3
Charisma 4 (Lovable)
Manipulation 2
Appearance 4 (Sex Appeal)
Perception 2
Intelligence 2
Wits 2

Talents:
Alertness 1
Athletics 1
Brawl 1
Dodge 1
Empathy 4 (Desires)
Kenning 1
Persuasion 3
Streetwise 1
Subterfuge 1

Skills:
Drive 1
Etiquette 3
Melee 1
Performance 4 (Voice)
Survival 1

Knowledges:
Computer 2
Gremayre 1
Linguistics 1 (Spanish)
Medicine 1

Backgrounds:
Chimera 1
Dreamers 1
Resources 2
Treasure 1 (baker's stone)

Arts:
Aphrodisia 3

Realms:
Actor 3
Fae 2

Willpower: 3/3
Glamour: 4/4
Banality: 3
Temporary Banality: 0

Merits:
Ambidextrous (1)
Animal Magnetism (1)
Double-Jointed (1)
Good Listener (1)
Sex Appeal (3)
Voice of a Songbird (1)
Winged (4)

Flaws:
Changeling's Eyes (1)
Surreal Quality (2)

Bonus Points:
Abilities (-4 points)
Flaws (+3 points)
Merits (-12 points)
Willpower (-2 points)

Appearance:
Melissa is slender, graceful and shapely, standing around 5'3".  Her hair is raven black, usually tied back into a loose ponytail that hangs about halfway down her back, often with a pen helping to hold it in place.  Her eyes are an amazing shade of violet, set in a lovely face with a delightful smile.  Melissa usually dresses tastefully but with the intent of showing off; she likes jean shorts or skirts, often with a halter or other backless top, although in truth she looks good in anything (or nothing).

In her fae mien, the logic behind Melissa's choice of clothing becomes obvious.  She sports a beautiful pair of butterly wings, patterned in bright red, orange, and blue; a pair of four-inch antennae poke out of her head.  Her chimerical clothing is usually a bit fancier than the mundane; her favorite is a long, backless dress in dark blue and purple, slit up to mid-thigh for ease of motion.  The pen she wears in her hair is actually a chimerical dagger, although she would hate to actually use it.

Background:
Always a lovely girl with a wonderful voice, Melissa's Chrysalis at age 15 only made her more fun-loving.  Outgoing and vivacious, Melissa can and will get along with just about anyone, and usually doesn't lack for people to get along with.  She isn't just trying to be polite -- she really likes everybody.  Unable to tell the straight truth, Melissa usually couches her Pooka-ese in exaggerations or polite questions.
Melissa has lived in Talis Canyon for most of her life.  Now 19, she currently attends a local university, majoring in music theory; she lives in a small studio apartment not far from campus, and hopes to someday make a career as a singer.  (She certainly has the talent for it -- her voice is postively gorgeous.)  Lately she has been trying to counsel her friend Michael, a talented young pianist who seems to frequently lack confidence in his work (and in himself in general).
Melissa never seems to lack for suitors, both on campus and among the fae.  It's not just her beauty or her lovable personality (though she certainly has both), and it's not that she acts especially like a slut (though she has had no shortage of partners and is very skilled indeed, not to mention flexible), and it's unclear whether she's even fully conscious of it, but something about her manner just radiates sexiness.  The sway of her hips attracts eyes like moths to the flame; she can break hearts and harden cocks with a wink, a grin, or a whisper.  It doesn't exactly help that Melissa is a shameless flirt -- she doesn't intend to cause trouble, but things generally seem to work out in the end.

Answers to Mandatory Questions:
1. I'd like to get used to the Changeling game (which is why Melissa's background is weighted heavily in the direction of mortal rather than fae affairs).  Melissa is not the sort to provoke much combat (although it could happen); most of her interactions are likely to be the pleasant kind.

2. Melissa wants to finish college, to become a professional singer, and to generally enjoy life to the fullest.  And to make new friends -- you can never have too many friends.

3. Adventure.  Plenty of sex -- Melissa's set of Merits practically demands it.

4. I believe Ajoxer was interested in having his character (when completed) co-exist with mine, a potentially amusing situation if ever there was one.  (The presence of a stronger fighter could make combat a more reasonable option, too.)

Please people, keep in mind that I do not have access to anything more then the core changeling book. I do not know what the Aphrodisa Art is, or your treasure, or a number of your merits (though I can guess). Please list the mechanics of ANYTHING not in the Core.

Who are Melissa's parents? What do they do? Any brothers and sisters? Is there any place she practices singing regularly? What are her thoughts about her Unseelie ruler? About the rash increase in Nerosis in the area?

ZK

Aphrodesia is a MerFolk Art from Blood-Dimmed Tides. As to why a non-Merfolk would have it? But, you are allowing Exclusive Kith Merits and Flaws to be added to Kith not of such exclusiveness. I guess they thought the cards are all up on the table and everything is up for grabs?

Jefepato

Very few non-merfolk have it, but it's in no way restricted, nor in any way overpowered, and it makes far more sense for my character than any other Art.

Creeper

It's fine, as there are no Merfolk in existence (At least, not the version that paticular book portrays).

Idachan

*does the character accepted dance*

Want me to post the character somewhere else for conveniance?

Creeper

Update:

Idachan: Done

Jefepato: Sheet done, need more background information

Natalie: Sheet done, need more background information.

Muse

Muse: (Kumiko) Waiting for the official OK to write Mage charecters.  My backgrounds still back there for your aproval. 

Natalie C. Barney

I'm not sure if I'm going to play this character or do another one yet.  :-\
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

That's fine.

Now accepting mage characters.

Muse

How's this? 

Name: Kumiko Morisato
Nickname(s): Psychic Skater Girl Kumiko.  (More of a title, really.) 
Race: Japanese with Rom blood. 
Player: Muse (Tenshi)
Nature: Visionary
Demeanor: Thrillseeker
Essence: Questing
Tradition: Akashic Brotherhood
Mentor: Sachiko and Takumi Morisato
Cabal:

Strength   XXOOO   Charisma   XXOOO   Perception   XXOOO
Dexterity   XXXXX      Manipulation   XOOOO   Intelligence   XXOOO
Stamina   XXXOO   Appearance   XXXOO   Wits      XXXXO

Alertness   XOOOO   Drive      XOOOO   Computer   OOOOO
Athletics   XXXXX      Etiquette   XOOOO   Cosmology   XOOOO
Awareness   XOOOO   Firearms   OOOOO   Culture   XOOOO
Brawl      XXXOO   Leadership   XOOOO   Enigmas   OOOOO
Dodge      XXXOO   Meditation   XOOOO   Investigation   XOOOO
Expression   OOOOO   Melee      OOOOO   Law      OOOOO
Instruction   OOOOO   Research   OOOOO   Linguistics   XXOOO
Intuition   XOOOO   Stealth   XOOOO   Lore      OOOOO
Intimidation   OOOOO   Technology   OOOOO   Medicine   XOOOO
Streetwise   XOOOO               Occult      XOOOO
Subterfuge   OOOOO               Science   OOOOO

Correspondence   OOOOO   Life   OOOOO   Prime      XOOOO
Entropy      OOOOO   Mind   XOOOO   Spirit      XOOOO
Forces         OOOOO   Matter   OOOOO   Time      XXXOO

Arête      XXXOOOOOOO   
Willpower   XXXXXOOOOOO

Resonance:
Dynamic   XOOOO
Entropic   OOOOO
Static      OOOOO

Backgrounds
Mentor   XOOOO
Resources   XOOOO
Wonder    XXXOO   (3 dice armor, Heal 1 health level/round.)

Merits:
1   Ability Aptitude: Athletics
3   Daredevil
4   Fae Blood
1   Catlike Ballance  (+2 to ballance checks)  (1)

Flaws:
Mild Addiction:  Mountain Dew Code Red  (1)
Echoes   (4)
Compulsion (1)  Never turn down a "reasonable" physical challenge.  ((What do  you suppose is reasonable to a woman with 13 dice in her pool to perform  outlandishly dangerous athletics stunts at -2 difficulty?  She won't try to jump the grand canyon on her skate board just because you dare her too, but, like Marty McFly growling, "Don't call me chicken,", Kumiko tends to have reactions like, "What do you mean I'm not good enough to skate down the interstate overpass the wrong way at rush hour?))
Vengeful  (2)  Wants to avenge her mother's death.

Occupation/Rank: Heir to the Cherry Blossom Temple (Shinto) in Santa Barbra, which is still run by her grandmother, she currently spends more time as a vigilante protecting her congregation from the predations of vampires, drug dealers, and other unwholesome creatures of the night.  She also participates in skating and gymnastics competitions.  She has some fame as an Olympic gold medalist in speed skating and bronze medalist in rhythmic gymnastics. 

Appearance: Kawaii!  Kumiko’s health and beauty are a direct result of good living.  Her pale amber skin is smooth and supple, with a few faint scars that the blessing of her favorite kimono has yet to fade.  It flows and ripples over a tightly muscled gymnast’s body.  Her legs are particularly shapely and powerful, not to mention long, rising up curved hips to a trim waist and a belly that could bounce a quarter.  Her chest is pert and high, a bit large for a gymnast, but not extravagant.  Her face is a bit heart shaped for a Japanese girl, and her eyes are blue.  Waist length blue-black hair is usually pulled back in a pony tail by a plain black scrunchy. 

She almost always wears a midnight purple mini-kimono over a black sports bra.  It falls open a little bit when she’s relaxed, though she pulls it tight for battle on account of it’s paranormal defensive properties.  The back is embroidered in painstakingly intricate detail with a blooming cherry tree.  Wind swirls it’s petals around the kimono.  The skirt of this garment barely falls past her hips, but she wears matching pink leggings.  She’s almost never seen wearing shoes, instead preferring, when not barefoot, to wear her roller blades and safety pads, all burgundy in color. 

She’s actually a shade on the short side, but seems taller on account of almost always wearing her roller blades and being so lanky. 

Personality: Bubbly and bouncy, especially when afraid, Kumiko tries to be cheerful and perky at all times, and make the best of life.  She’s capable of quite elegance, and scorns brooding or “goth behavior.”  In truth, she’s got some emotional baggage she’s carrying around, she blames herself for her mother’s death (she died in childbirth) and the things she fights in the night scare her every bit as much as they excite her.  That’s why she becomes more and more a bubbly anime girl the more afraid or distressed she becomes.  In anime, wounds heal, scars are attractive, and little people can stand up to big, scary monsters and triumph. 

Kumiko is a hard worker and an adrenaline junky.  She’s not happy unless she’s doing something productive or fun.  She runs hard all day, then sleeps deeply for 6 hours before jumping up to train or cook breakfast.  She sometimes seems like a bundle of nervous energy, especially when you ask her to sit still.  She was mistaken for hyperactive repeatedly as a child, but she truly has no trouble focusing on her studies or anything else she needs to do. 

Background: Sachiko Morisato immigrated to California some time ago with her young son when she made too many enemies of the Japanese magi.  A hereditary priestess as well as Martial Artist Mage and seamstress, Sachiko is older than she looks, a Master of Matter with extensive array of spiritual, telepathic, and life-based powers to compliment those abilities.  Her most recent hobbies include fan-subbing anime and rebuilding old cars. 

She was able to acquire a Node and concentrate it as the Cherry Blossom Temple outside of Santa Barbra.  Parishioners of Shinto from all over California come there to worship on major holidays, acquiring lucky arrows and other talismans appropriate to the season.  The shrine is open to other alternative religions, and the curious know that, if they come with open and respectful minds, they’ll find well informed priests. 

Her son Takumi runs a small martial arts dojo when not helping out around the temple.  He is known and respected as a martial arts and athletics sensei who sometimes helps people out with their problems a la Quai Chane Kain, rewards being accepted but not asked for. 

He’s a bachelor with a slight (and sometimes exaggerated) reputation as a playboy, more because the women he falls in love with either move on after passionate affairs or die than because he engages in overly casual relationships.  One such woman was a blue eyed and busty Rom named Catalina, who died baring him a daughter. 

At least, that’s what they told Kumiko.  She recently gained the courage to peer back in time to the moment of her mother’s death and saw herself cradled in the arms of an elf, when men with iron knives burst down the door.  (OR whatever else the storyteller considers an appropriate plot hook.) 

Takumi loves his daughter Kumiko very much, and they spend a lot of time training together, translating anime, hunting demons, and just dining as a family.  Their relationship is sometimes strained, though, by Kumiko’s guilt over her mother dying in childbirth and growing independence issues based on being a 20 year old who still lives at home and is going into the family business. 

Kumiko was noted as a gifted athlete and martial artist by her father and teachers right from the start.  Neither the best nor worst student in school, she generally managed Bs and Cs with minimal effort.  She did have a few mental talents, though.  She picked up on languages fast, being equally fluent in English, Japanese, Cantonese and Spanish.  She does occasionally slip into a sort of “border speech” and mix her languages, especially when she’s nervous. 
She kept very busy growing up, doing little with her family besides training and translating anime.  Her friends were mostly boys and a few girls who shared her love of martial arts or skating, and they formed a sort of spook squad together.  She did have one boyfriend named Ben Kendal in high school, and her relationship with him grew passionate, but dissolved when he was unwilling to give up his virginity with her.  The tension grew too great, and he, being a more cerebral boy, couldn’t really keep up with his highly athletic girlfriend. 

Her skater crew narrowed down to a spook squad with the strength of will to do investigative work pertaining to her family’s “second job”, demon hunting, and narrowed to a crew of 5 others, John Steel, Jackie Lee, Kokoro Kino, and Ian and Naomi Silverstien.  However, they separated out to various colleges while Kumiko devoted 2 years to the Olympics. 

Abilities/Disabilities:
   Mundane:  Kumiko is one of the world’s top athletes, perhaps THE world’s top skater, if a gold medal and the ability to perform martial arts in roller blades means anything, and a great gymnast, and martial artist enough to, with a bit of help from her magic, fight Vampires hand to hand. 
   She is multilingual, able to think in five languages, and read and write the Latin alphabet, Chinese characters, and the Japanese phonetic alphabets Hiragana and Katakana. 
   Otherwise her academic skills are, not poor, but unimpressive.  She did well in high school, and is studied in culture, religion, and philosophy, but hasn’t’ been to college and has spent more time skating and watching anime than reading. 
   Supernatural: 
   As an Awakened Miko (temple girl) Kumiko is able to sense, speak with, and even summon, banish, and wound spirits.  The last three abilities require either prayer strips or some other form of writing. 
   She is also a limited mentalist, able to awaken her own mind to great mental feats through martial arts or mediation, and, through concentration or martial arts focus, perceive and project, but not really influence, emotions. 
   She has rudimentary mastery of raw energy, able to absorb extra power from holy ground, freeholds, etc, through mediation or a fire focus, and empower herself and her weapons with said raw energy to deal telling wounds to supernatural creatures. 
   Her Arete, though, has always been in the manipulation of Time.  She hasn’t needed to wear a watch since junior high.  Through mediation with fire or water, she can peer back into time, or receive visions of possible futures. 
   Through martial arts maneuvers and the expenditure of a little extra energy, her chronomancy becomes devastating.  She can accelerate to fight multiple opponents through multiple actions, or invest a single dodge or strike with devastating speed and power. 
   Kumiko wears a kimono that is tied to the spirit of an ancient cherry tree.  This kimono is sewn by her grandmother from True Silk. It is, in and of itself, completely invulnerable.  This offers its wearer limited protection from physical harm, particularly piercing and slashing weapons, but little from blunt trauma.  The spirit of the cherry tree will absorb her wounds into the much more durable body of the tree over a period of hours, giving Kumiko a remarkable healing factor compared to mortals, albeit nothing on vampires or werewolves. As a final gift, it’s flared sleeves offer a small quantity of “storage space” by storing a few dozen items such as stakes, daggers, a Zippo, a wallet, and calligraphy kits in the spirit world for ready accessibility. 
   In the spring, the spirit of the tree becomes mischievously passionate to the point of light malice, and may play subtle poltergeist like pranks. 
   Her skates and safety pads, like the kimono, are augmented and made invulnerable by her grandmother. 

Kumiko’s power, along with her investment of imagination into anime, has a few drawbacks… 
   Masks always initially fool her, and even the most obvious mask will require a tip off and concentrated act of will to recognize as such. 
   Brutalization, of course, is never anything other than brutalization, even in anime. 

Game Limits: Site Rules. 

Notes: (As needed to describe entourages, familiars, etc.)
Kumiko owns a van augmented by her grandmother, the back of which has been converted into a small living area with a roll out futon, lap top desk, and mini refrigerator. 

Creeper

I'm trying to run a more street based game so there will be no '5' ratings in abilities or attritubes (outside supernatural modifiers, of course).

Please list all of your freebie usage.

To be honest the background seems... Horrifically cheesy. I know that mages are inherantly colourful characters, but there's a certain line between believeability and Cheese. What with the priestess/fan-subber/car-mechanic/demon hunter with a Martial arts dojo (That possesses no prejudice at all, I might add). There's nothing wrong with the character itself, though. It's just the background that needs to, erm, settle down.

What is she doing in Talis Canyon?

What appearance does her avatar take?

Also please answer these questions

1. What are your goals as a player? What do you want your character to do or experience?

3. What paticular Genre do you want for this game? A Mystery? An Adventure? How much sex? Little? A lot? When it makes sense for the plot?

Creeper

I've decided to start the game as people finish making their characters. Ida, since you're the only one finished, you're up.

Muse

Name: Kumiko Morisato
Nickname(s): Psychic Skater Girl Kumiko.  (More of a title, really.) 
Race: Japanese with Rom blood. 
Player: Muse (Tenshi)
Demeanor: Thrillseeker
Tradition: Akashic Brotherhood
Mentor: Sachiko and Takumi Morisato
Cabal:

Strength   XXXOO   Charisma        XXOOO   Perception     XXOOO
Dexterity   XXXXO   Manipulation   XOOOO   Intelligence    XXOOO
Stamina   XXXOO   Appearance   XXXOO   Wits      XXXXO

Alertness   XOOOO   Drive      XOOOO   Computer   OOOOO
Athletics   XXXXO   Etiquette      XOOOO   Cosmology   XOOOO
Awareness   XOOOO   Firearms        OOOOO   Culture   XXOOO
Brawl   XXXOO   Leadership     XOOOO   Enigmas   OOOOO
Dodge   XXXOO   Meditation     XOOOO   Investigation   XOOOO
Expression   OOOOO   Melee      OOOOO   Law   OOOOO
Instruction   OOOOO   Research        OOOOO   Linguistics   XXXOO
Intuition   XOOOO   Stealth          XOOOO   Lore   OOOOO
IntimidationOOOOO   Technology   OOOOO   Medicine   XOOOO
Streetwise   XOOOO            Occult   XOOOO
Subterfuge   OOOOO            Science   OOOOO

Correspondence   OOOOO   Life   OOOOO   Prime      XOOOO
Entropy      OOOOO   Mind   XOOOO   Spirit      XOOOO
Forces      OOOOO   Matter   OOOOO   Time      XXXOO

Arête      XXXOOOOOOO   
Willpower      XXXXXOOOOOO

Resonance:
Dynamic   XOOOO
Entropic   OOOOO
Static   OOOOO

Backgrounds
Mentor          XOOOO
Resources      XOOOO
Wonder        XXXOO   (3 dice armor, Heal 1 health level/hour.)

Merits:
1   Ability Aptitude: Athletics
3   Daredevil
4   Fae Blood
1   Catlike Ballance  (+2 to ballance checks)  (1)

Flaws:
Mild Addiction:  Mountain Dew Code Red  (1)
Echoes   (4)
Compulsion (1)  Never turn down a "reasonable" physical challenge.  ((What do  you suppose is reasonable to a woman with 13 dice in her pool to perform  outlandishly dangerous athletics stunts at -2 difficulty?  She won't try to jump the grand canyon on her skate board just because you dare her too, but, like Marty McFly growling, "Don't call me chicken,", Kumiko tends to have reactions like, "What do you mean I'm not good enough to skate down the interstate overpass the wrong way at rush hour?))
Vengeful  (2)  Wants to avenge her mother's death.

Freebies:
2 Raised Athletics to 4.
8. Raised Arete to 3

Occupation/Rank: Heir to the Cherry Blossom Temple (Shinto) in Santa Barbra, which is still run by her grandmother, she currently spends more time as a vigilante protecting her congregation from the predations of vampires, drug dealers, and other unwholesome creatures of the night.  She also participates in skating and gymnastics competitions. 

Appearance: Kawaii!  Kumiko’s health and beauty are a direct result of good living.  Her pale amber skin is smooth and supple, with a few faint scars that the blessing of her favorite kimono has yet to fade.  It flows and ripples over a tightly muscled gymnast’s body.  Her legs are particularly shapely and powerful, not to mention long, rising up curved hips to a trim waist and a belly that could bounce a quarter.  Her chest is pert and high, a bit large for a gymnast, but not extravagant.  Her face is a bit heart shaped for a Japanese girl, and her eyes are blue.  Waist length blue-black hair is usually pulled back in a pony tail by a plain black scrunchy. 

She almost always wears a midnight purple mini-kimono over a black sports bra.  It falls open a little bit when she’s relaxed, though she pulls it tight for battle on account of it’s paranormal defensive properties.  The back is embroidered in painstakingly intricate detail with a blooming cherry tree.  Wind swirls it’s petals around the kimono.  The skirt of this garment barely falls past her hips, but she wears matching pink leggings.  She’s almost never seen wearing shoes, instead preferring, when not barefoot, to wear her roller blades and safety pads, all burgundy in color. 

She’s actually a shade on the short side, but seems taller on account of almost always wearing her roller blades and being so lanky. 

Personality: Bubbly and bouncy, especially when afraid, Kumiko tries to be cheerful and perky at all times, and make the best of life.  She’s capable of quite elegance, and scorns brooding or “goth behavior.”  In truth, she’s got some emotional baggage she’s carrying around, she blames herself for her mother’s death (she died in childbirth) and the things she fights in the night scare her every bit as much as they excite her.  That’s why she becomes more and more a bubbly anime girl the more afraid or distressed she becomes.  In anime, wounds heal, scars are attractive, and little people can stand up to big, scary monsters and triumph. 

Kumiko is a hard worker and an adrenaline junky.  She’s not happy unless she’s doing something productive or fun.  She runs hard all day, then sleeps deeply for 6 hours before jumping up to train or cook breakfast.  She sometimes seems like a bundle of nervous energy, especially when you ask her to sit still.  She was mistaken for hyperactive repeatedly as a child, but she truly has no trouble focusing on her studies or anything else she needs to do. 

At least, that’s what they told Kumiko.  She recently gained the courage to peer back in time to the moment of her mother’s death and saw herself cradled in the arms of an elf, when men with iron knives burst through the door.  (OR whatever else the storyteller considers an appropriate plot hook.) 

Takumi loves his daughter Kumiko very much, and they spend a lot of time training together, translating anime, hunting vampires, and just dining as a family.  Their relationship is sometimes strained, though, by Kumiko’s guilt over her mother dying "in childbirth" and growing independence issues based on being an 18 year old who still lives at home and is going into the family business. 

Her skater crew narrowed down to a spook squad with the strength of will to do investigative work pertaining to her family’s “second job”, "demon" hunting, a crew of 5 others, John Steel, Jackie Lee, Kokoro Kino, and Ian and Naomi Silverstien.  However, they separated out to various colleges this summer, while Kumiko had to turn down an offer to go to the olympics to keep out from under the technocratic eye.   

Abilities/Disabilities:
   Mundane:  Kumiko is one of the world’s top athletes if ability to perform martial arts in roller blades means anything, and a great gymnast, and martial artist enough to, with a bit of help from her magic, fight young Vampires hand to hand. 
   She is multilingual, able to think in four languages, and read and write the Latin alphabet, Chinese characters, and the Japanese phonetic alphabets Hiragana and Katakana. 
   Otherwise her academic skills are, not poor, but unimpressive.  She did well in high school, and is studied in culture, religion, and philosophy, but hasn’t’ been to college and has spent more time skating and watching anime than reading. 
   Supernatural: 
   As an Awakened Miko (temple girl) Kumiko is able to sense and speak with spirits.  The last three abilities require either prayer strips or some other form of writing. 
   She is also a limited mentalist, able to awaken her own mind to great mental feats through martial arts or mediation, and, through concentration or martial arts focus, perceive and project, but not really influence, emotions. 
   She has rudimentary mastery of raw energy, able to absorb extra power from holy ground, freeholds, etc, through mediation or a fire focus, and empower herself and her weapons with said raw energy to deal telling wounds to supernatural creatures. 
   Her Arete, though, has always been in the manipulation of Time.  She hasn’t needed to wear a watch since junior high.  Through mediation with fire or water, she can peer back into time, or receive visions of possible futures. 
   Through martial arts maneuvers and the expenditure of a little extra energy, her chronomancy becomes devastating.  She can accelerate to fight multiple opponents through multiple actions, or invest a single dodge or strike with devastating speed and power. 
   Kumiko wears a kimono that is tied to the spirit of an ancient cherry tree.  This kimono is sewn by her grandmother from True Silk. It is, in and of itself, completely invulnerable.  This offers its wearer limited protection from physical harm, particularly piercing and slashing weapons, but little from blunt trauma.  The spirit of the cherry tree will absorb her wounds into the much more durable body of the tree over a period of hours, giving Kumiko a remarkable healing factor compared to mortals, albeit nothing on vampires or werewolves. As a final gift, it’s flared sleeves offer a small quantity of “storage space” by storing a few dozen items such as stakes, daggers, a Zippo, a wallet, and calligraphy kits in the spirit world for ready accessibility. 
   In the spring, the spirit of the tree becomes mischievously passionate to the point of light malice, and may play subtle poltergeist like pranks. 
   Her skates and safety pads, like the kimono, are augmented and made invulnerable by her grandmother. 

Game Limits: Site Rules. 

Notes: (As needed to describe entourages, familiars, etc.)
Kumiko owns a van armored and restored by her grandmother, the back of which has been converted into a small living area with a roll out futon, lap top desk, and mini refrigerator. 

1. What are your goals as a player? What do you want your character to do or experience?:  In this adaptation, Kumiko's mother was a sidhe.  She's currently very angry at her parents for not telling her that her mother was murdered, which resulted in her bearing the burden of guilt (if only in her own mind.)  Now her time magic has poitned her towards Talis Canyon as a place she might find her mother's killers.  The only changeling she's known in the past was a pooka named Lynx, played by Bishrook, so unless Bishrook decides to play she'll be wandeirng a bit lost, looking for Mage connections and changelings who can help her find her mother's murderer. 

3. What paticular Genre do you want for this game? A Mystery? An Adventure? How much sex? Little? A lot? When it makes sense for the plot?:  Both mystery and adventure are good.  If Kumiko is half sidhe, then a journey of self discovery into the near dreaming might be apropriate.  Kumiko is a virgin, but passionate in nature, so sex when apropriate to the plot might be nice, coupled with the idea that Kumiko is a young woman out of the house for the first time, looking for new experiences and ways to piss her family off.  The right satyr or sidhe, either male or female, might easily throw out all of her romantic ideals in a moment of passion.  Likewise, non-consensual sex can be used to control her in the short term, if you're intrested this could make both fun scenes and good plot devices. 

I really can't see the cheese you're speaking of, though since you're limiting us to 4s in both atributes and abilities I took out the Olympics.  Kumiko's grandmother Sachiko originaly worked with clothes, but over her lifespan got bored with just sewing and loooked for other things to sew.  Doesn't it seem reasonable that a student of the matter sphere over a hundred years old would start to spread out and explore other sorts of matter?  Lot's of japanese/americans fan-translate anime, they have the background in both langueges to do it.  Takumi runs the dojo, Sachiko works with cars and is the priestess, and Kumiko is the athlete.  The things they all do together are fight the Ascenion war ("demon hunting"), translate anime, eat, and train. 

Idachan

I am going to use this as a code for speach and thought if that is allright for you Creeper, the pink is a bit hard to see.

Thoughts

"Mundane speach"

"Fae seeming speach to symbolize the whisper."

Muse

Oh, Kumiko's avatar, how did I miss that?  :: Snores...::  Darn, let me get back to you, I have an idea, but not the words or research to back it up. 

Creeper

Sure, finish up your character sheet and post it when you've made the modifactions.

Creeper

Update:

Idachan: Done and currently playing. Having fun?

Jefepato: Sheet done, need more background information as specified in PM (or here, I forget)

Natalie: Sheet done for new character, need history

Muse: Sheet done, Rework History, answer all questions,  Describe Avatar.

Idachan

Creeper

Due to Family Guilttripping, I find myself at my parent's house for the holidays. As such, there is limited opportunity for writing smut for perverts like you. So, I won't be able to post much for a while. Sorry, folks.

Idachan

Natalie C. Barney

Sorry I'm just not interested if this was a vampire game or something I have books for, and I could just hang out and have fun not worry about having to fight maybe I'd play. But frankly its kind of hard for me without other players in the same boat.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

You don't need any of the other books to play; all storylines are custom made to the characters. If you're character isn't a fighter, then chances are she isn't going to be fighting. Ida's storyline, for example, will have little chance that her character will get involved in a physical fight.

Though I can understand if you don't want to proceed. It's just a game, after all.

Natalie C. Barney

I also don't do COMPLICATED either I tend to favor focused characters in SUPPORT roles to others. Example in the WoD setting if I play a vampire I'm usually the well-connected one that you go to to get something done OR once I was a Kindred physician specializing in the vampire condition (even had Sabbat patients as she followed the Hippocratic Oath). In a mortal game where there were hunters I ran a doctor. Generally I support OTHER characters and role-play with them not do any thinking or major activities. So in a solo game what would I really do the second you hit a curve ball I'd be lost I don't really want to think much or get all into confusing plots.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

Oh... well... Um... I was going to throw her into twisted mysteries and emotional games, but I guess that wouldn't match your play style. I guess this isn't the game for you, then.

Muse

Okay, new concept coming at you, I have to find seven poitns of flaws. 

The primary one would be that she has an obligation to help Fey in need and to assist House Liam in any way they request. 

Catalina Waters: 
Height 6’1”   
Weight 180lbs
Hair: Curly with streaks of strawberry blonde and auburn, falls to the small of her back.  Often pulled back with a sword shaped hair pin that, when removed from the barette, becomes a full sized magically enhanced claymore, a gift from Anais. 
Eyes:  Jade Green
Skin: Caucasian, but well tanned. 
Outfits: She wears a chocker of green jade medallions linked by golden wire as her signature, and Anais has provided a matching barrette with a sword hair pin that transforms into an enchanted claymore.  Her favorite outfit is a white lace top, bare midriff, with either a light jade green skirt, knee length, or darker slacks, and a forest green long coat.  She has a predilection for combat boots, but also favors ballet slippers.  Like many pagans, Catalina prefers to go bare foot in casual situations. 
Car: Old pink Cadilac sports sedan with a powerful engine, lovingly restored and maintained. 

Catalina Waters thinks her father is Emanuel De Vasques of Barcelona, but could have been any number of men at that party.  Her mother, Abagail Waters, was a witch, a hippie, a dedicated member of the SCA, and a little bit too fond of marijuana and group sex. 
She didn't know her pills had failed 'til three months after the party at which Catalina is believed to have been conceived, but loved her well all the same, settling down a bit to be a more responsible parent, getting a real job since her teachers refused to let her profit from the Craft, and working hard.  She gave her daughter her religion and magic.   
Unfortunately she eventually passed on her drug habit as well. 

Catalina had her mother's bright mind and curiosity, and was also a serious athlete.  Early on in life she learned swordsmanship at the SCA, martial arts, gymnastics, and dance at the Y. 

She did some singing too.  It wasn't a serious pursuit, but it got her into the theater, which she fell in love with utterly. 

Unfortunately, in high school both Cat’s and her mother's marijuana habits were starting to get into the way.  (Possibly her mother’s latest boyfriend was an even worse druggie.)  Her mother also lost her job.  After being an A/B student all her life, Cat's senior year she dropped all her extra curricular activities to dance at a sleazy strip club to earn money to pay the bills and get her next fix. 

She flunked out of high school her senior year and, a few months later, was caught reeking of marijuana with a lap dance customer's member in her mouth when the police raided her work. 

After a month in jail, she got out and into rehab.  In rehab, she spent a whole lot of time in the gym sweating all the shit out of her system. 

After completion of rehab, and a personal oath to the Lord and Lady never to touch anything stronger than alcohol again, she got out of rehab with a clean bill of health and a huge debt.  It was at that point where she started dreaming of a swan and her Craft started getting… 

Stronger. 

Out of rehab, she was approached by Rose Du’Paxe, a French Verbena, who mentored her further in the Craft while introducing her to the world of the Awakened and getting her a job dancing for a high priced and respectable strippers firm.  She was no longer expected to touch her clients, though she could make an extra five hundred a night by doing a lesbian dance with her friend Jane. 

She saved up and trained for two years, then went on a two year training trip in Europe and china, learning more of the martial arts and the occult world.  She trained under a House Liam Swordmaster and received Seven Leauge Boots and a Sword Barette in return for an oath to always go to the aid of innocent fae in danger and to aid House Liam whenever asked or whenever need was apparent.  . 

Here’s the point where I'm not clear on a few things.  She leaves home now, but I don't know what happened to her mother, whether she got into rehab as well, or whether her situation degenerated. 

I know that, to pay the bills, she got a job for a respectable, high paying exotic dance company like Tiffany used to work for, and saved intesnivly for a year to get her debts paid off and put a lot of money aside. 

She has now returned to her home town and resumed her job, only to discover that the ascension war seems won.  She breezed through a college degree in Theater with a specialty in Fight Direction and a minor in Dance.  Now a member of the American Association of Fight Directors, she’s looking for a new challenge, either something arcane to hold her here, or a trip to LA to work in the movies. 

She is now 28, but actually 27 since she spent a year in a Freehold. 

Strength   4   Perception   2   Charisma   3
Dexterity   4   Intelligence   2   Manipulation   1
Stamina   3   Wits      2   Appearance   4

Talents      Skills         Knowleges
Alertness   1   Drive      1   Academics   3
Athletics   2   Ettiquite   1   Computer
Awareness   1   Firearms      Cosmology
Brawl   1   Leadership      Culture      1
Dodge   1   Meditation   1   Enigmas
Expression   3   Melee      5   Investigation
Instruction      Research      Law
Intuition   1   Stealth         Linguistics   3
Intimidation   1   Technology      Lore: Fae   1
Streetwise   1            Medecine   1
Subterfute   1            Science      

Correspondence   3   Life   3   Prime
Entropy         Mind      Spirit
Forces         Matter      Time

Arête      3   
Willpower      5/

Resonance:
Dynamic   XOOOO
Entropic   OOOOO
Static   OOOOO

Treasure   2   Seven League Boots  (Fae Treasure, gives 1 extra non-magical action/round.) 
Treasure   3   Claymore Barette (Transforms from hairpin to claymore empowered with quintessence to deal damage to spirits and supernatural creatures.)
Mentor   2
Resources   2

Creeper

Alrighty, looks decent, but incomplete. From a quick glance-over, I can tell you that Mage's don't use the Treasure background, they use Wonder (which includes magic stuff from other origins; fetishes, natural artifacts, what-have-you). The action-boosting treaure would be Wonder 3 (for time 3 for the effect).

The Fae connection comes right out of left field. Why would a fiona train her in the first place? Why would he/she take that risk? How does he/she even know catalina?
How would an intellgence 2 person be a A/B student?
What's her dynamic resonance?
Why does she have melee 5?

I know that this is just a first draft, just things to consider when you finish it up. Don't forget to add the questions when you're done.

Muse

The original was actualy made for a Laurel K. Hamilton fan ficiton, and she managed to contact the unseelie court for sword training in return for a blank check favor.  The story was about the calling in of that favour. 

And it wasn't a Fiona, but a Liam.  The house that was banished for protecting mortals from the sidhe.  The idea was that, in order to have Melee five, she'd need a rather extraordinary teacher, such as an imortal.  I had the idea that she might have studdied under a Liam Sidhe who never fled to Arcadia at the Shattering but had been wandering the world since the Mythic AGe, battling creatures of the night and occaisionaly taking aprentices, such as a young mage intrested in sword play and willing to fight to protect the inocent. 

Another possiblity is that said Sidhe had been a friend and lover of hers through multiple incarnations of her Avatar.

Heh, now I REALY like that idea. 

Hm...  My answer to how a two intelgence person would be an A/B student is aplying herself and the fact that school is easy, but given that my own intelgence is probably more like 3, I'm biased. 

Creeper

<Quote>
And it wasn't a Fiona, but a Liam.  The house that was banished for protecting mortals from the sidhe.  The idea was that, in order to have Melee five, she'd need a rather extraordinary teacher, such as an imortal.  I had the idea that she might have studdied under a Liam Sidhe who never fled to Arcadia at the Shattering but had been wandering the world since the Mythic AGe, battling creatures of the night and occaisionaly taking aprentices, such as a young mage intrested in sword play and willing to fight to protect the inocent. </quote>

Ehh... that doesn't work.

<quote>
Another possiblity is that said Sidhe had been a friend and lover of hers through multiple incarnations of her Avatar.
</quote>

Ooo, that does work!

<quote>Hm...  My answer to how a two intelgence person would be an A/B student is aplying herself and the fact that school is easy, but given that my own intelgence is probably more like 3, I'm biased. </quote>

I can understand her getting good grades, but being in the top tier is streaching it.

Jefepato

Melee 5 is really kinda pushing it, Muse -- your background makes it seem like your character spent far more time learning and doing things other than combat.  Creeper may disagree, but come on -- this is Mage/Changeling, not Exalted.  (Besides, the Seven League Boots already make you absurdly good in combat.)

By the way, Creeper, I think I may just finish up my character after all.  I find I've got plenty of time, so look for a more completed background in the next few days once I figure out what I was doing.

Idachan

Eh, I know I´m an eliquiy newbie but... how do I roll dice? I could just roll here at home but it seems a little straining on my concience.

Creeper

You can just roll it at home if you want and post the numbers here.

Idachan

Silly little me forgot her dice at my mom´s after my holidays sessions with my friends.  >:(  Picked them up when I visited the dentist a couple of days ago and then forgot about posting.

Muse

And I'm torn between finishing Catlina right now, and waiting to see if Steph will play my Sidhe Lover. 

Muse

<charlie brown mode> Argh!  Where's my third edition book now? </charlie brown mode> 

Muse

Catalina Waters:
Height 6’1”   
Weight 180lbs
Hair: Curly with streaks of strawberry blonde and auburn, falls to the small of her back.  Often pulled back with a sword shaped hair pin that, when removed from the barette, becomes a full sized magically enhanced claymore, a gift from Anais.
Eyes:  Jade Green
Skin: Caucasian, but well tanned.
Outfits: She wears a chocker of green jade medallions linked by golden wire as her signature, and Anais has provided a matching barrette with a sword hair pin that transforms into an enchanted claymore.  Her favorite outfit is a white lace top, bare midriff, with either a light jade green skirt, knee length, or darker slacks, and a forest green long coat.  She has a predilection for combat boots, but also favors ballet slippers.  Like many pagans, Catalina prefers to go bare foot in casual situations.

Car: Old pink Cadilac sports sedan with a powerful engine, lovingly restored and maintained.

Catalina Waters thinks her father is Emanuel De Vasques of Barcelona, but could have been any number of men at that party.  Her mother, Abagail Waters, was a witch, a hippie, a dedicated member of the SCA, and a little bit too fond of marijuana and group sex.
She didn't know her pills had failed 'til three months after the party at which Catalina is believed to have been conceived, but loved her well all the same, settling down a bit to be a more responsible parent, getting a real job since her teachers refused to let her profit from the Craft, and working hard.  She gave her daughter her religion and magic.   

Unfortunately she eventually passed on her drug habit as well.

Catalina had her mother's bright mind and curiosity, and was also a serious athlete.  Early on in life she learned swordsmanship at the SCA, martial arts, gymnastics, and dance at the Y.

She did some singing too.  It wasn't a serious pursuit, but it got her into the theater, which she fell in love with utterly.

Unfortunately, in high school both Cat’s and her mother's marijuana habits were starting to get into the way.  (Possibly her mother’s latest boyfriend was an even worse druggie.)  Her mother also lost her job.  After being an A/B student all her life, Cat's senior year she dropped all her extra curricular activities to dance at a sleazy strip club to earn money to pay the bills and get her next fix.

She flunked out of high school her senior year and, a few months later, was caught reeking of marijuana with a lap dance customer's member in her mouth when the police raided her work.

After a month in jail, she got out and into rehab.  In rehab, she spent a whole lot of time in the gym sweating all the shit out of her system.

After completion of rehab, and a personal oath to the Lord and Lady never to touch anything stronger than alcohol again, she got out of rehab with a clean bill of health and a huge debt.  It was at that point where she started dreaming of a swan and her Craft started getting…

Stronger.

Out of rehab, she was approached by Rose Du’Paxe, a French Verbena, who mentored her further in the Craft while introducing her to the world of the Awakened and getting her a job dancing for a high priced and respectable strippers firm.  She was no longer expected to touch her clients, though she could make an extra five hundred a night by doing a lesbian dance with her friend (Jane?) who turned out to be a house Liam Knight.

She and her lover saved up and trained for two years, then went on a two year training trip in Europe and china, learning more of the martial arts and the occult world.  They trained under an ancient House Liam Swordmistress named Adrihol, and received Seven Leauge Boots and a sidhe-forged claymore in return for an oath to always go to the aid of innocent fae in danger and to aid House Liam whenever asked or whenever need was apparent. 

She has now returned to her home town and resumed her job, only to discover that the ascension war seems won.  She breezed through a college degree in Theater with a specialty in Fight Direction and a minor in Dance.  Now a member of the American Association of Fight Directors, she’s looking for a new challenge, either something arcane to hold her here, or a trip to LA to work in the movies.

She is now 28, but actually 27 since she spent a year in a Freehold.

Strength   4   Perception    2    Charisma       3
Dexterity   4   Intelligence   2   Manipulation   1
Stamina    3   Wits             2    Appearance   4

Talents             Skills                Knowleges
Alertness     1    Drive         1    Academics   3
Athletics      2    Ettiquite    1    Computer
Awareness   1    Firearms          Cosmology
Brawl           1   Leadership        Culture      1
Dodge         1   Meditation   1    Enigmas
Expression    3   Melee         5    Investigation
Instruction        Research          Law
Intuition       1   Stealth            Linguistics   3
Intimidation  1   Technology       Lore: Fae   1
Streetwise   1                         Medecine   1
Subterfute   1                         Science     

Correspondence   3   Life   3     Prime
Entropy                   Mind         Spirit
Forces                     Matter      Time

Arête      3   
Willpower      5/

Resonance:
Dynamic   OOOOO
Entropic   OOOOO
Static      OOOOO

Allies          1    (Alil Knight lover.) 
Wonder      3   Seven League Boots  (Fae Treasure, gives 1 extra non-magical action/round.)
Treasure     1   Fae-crafted claymore.  (Empowered with quintessence to deal damage to spirits and supernatural creatures.)
Mentor       2
Resources   2

Flaws: 
An obligation to help Fey in need and to assist House Liam in any way they request. 

Eccoes

Creeper

Alrighty, I'll get to it. Keep in mind that none of this is a personal attack on you Muse, I'm just trying to undestand the character and get her to fit.

Often pulled back with a sword shaped hair pin that, when removed from the barette, becomes a full sized magically enhanced claymore, a gift from Anais.

This ability isn't on your sheet.

When did she awaken? At what point in her life, exactly?

You forgot Resonance, nature and demenor

And mages only get wonders, and pay in accordance to how much it would cost, sphere-wise. Not counting the shapeshifting ability, the sword is at least Wonder 2. It can be a fae treasure, but it still counts as a wonder CC wise. That's why they get such a broad background.

I still don't see anything that would justify Catalina a world champion in melee. A score of 3, maybe, 4 at most. You don't get that good in just 5 years, no matter your teacher. Is it really that important for your concept?

Please list your freebie spending, and answers to the survey.

Muse

Sorry, I meant to pull the barette properlty of the sword out.  It was just suposed to be a sword charged with glamour to slay supernatural creatures and, if you follow the rule that any treasure enchatns it's wearer, keep her in the dreaming. 

She awakened when she made an oath before lord and lady never to touch drugs again.  AT that poitn she noticed that her Craft had sudenlly become vastly more powerful, and she started having dreams of the White Swan. 

Okay, I hadn't heard you coment on the sword originaly, I thoguht that was Jefepato for soem odd reason.  I can take it down to Four.  One of ehr reasons for being that good is that she had such an ancient and formidable warrior for a teacher. Another reason is that she had such a great passion for it as to become a fight director when most people in the modern world scoff at swords in favour of guns. 

Creeper

Alrighty, sounds good. Just make the changes I suggested, and she's in. I've got an idea for her plot already.

Muse

Demeanor: Galant

Strength   4   Perception    2    Charisma       3
Dexterity   4   Intelligence   2   Manipulation   1
Stamina    3   Wits             2    Appearance   4

Talents             Skills                Knowleges
Alertness     1    Drive         1    Academics   3
Athletics      2    Ettiquite    1    Computer
Awareness   1    Firearms          Cosmology
Brawl           1   Leadership        Culture      1
Dodge         1   Meditation   1    Enigmas
Expression    3   Melee         4    Investigation
Instruction        Research          Law
Intuition       1   Stealth            Linguistics   3
Intimidation  1   Technology       Lore: Fae   1
Streetwise   1                         Medecine   1
Subterfute   1                         Science     

Correspondence   3   Life   3     Prime
Entropy                   Mind         Spirit
Forces                     Matter      Time

Arête      3   
Willpower      5/

Resonance:
Dynamic   OOOOO
Entropic   OOOOO
Static      OOOOO

Allies           1    (Alil Knight lover.) 
Wonder      3   Seven League Boots  (Fae Treasure, gives 1 extra non-magical action/round.)
Wonder      1   Fae-crafted claymore.  (Empowered with quintessence to deal damage to spirits and supernatural creatures.)
Mentor       2
Resources   2

Flaws: 
3  An obligation to help Fey in need and to assist House Liam in any way they request. 

3  Eccoes

(Sorry, where's the survey, and cna you help me with Resonance?)

Creeper

Resonance is easy, just pick 1 dot of any resonance and add and adjective. Like dancing or dreamy or something that matches your character

Muse

Quote from: Creeper on February 11, 2006, 03:58:58 PM

Hm...  Well, if my co-writers would enjoy it, I'd like her to be ravished once or twice, but there should be more to the story than constant ravishing and avenging herself on the monsters. 

It would be fun to play out some romance, but I also want her to grow as a mage and a swordswoman and an actress, with some chances for swashbuckling swordplay with a claymore and athame. 

Let's see, she wants to fight the ascencion war, complete her doctorate in theater, become a member of the american association of fight directors, elevate the art of Burlesque back into an art and the same for the art of the barbarian movie, directing and perhaps staring in a few of the second in such a way that she weaknes the hold of the Technocracy by awakening imagination, art, and sensuality in all her viewers. 

Adventure with a splash of mystery and a moderate amount of sex is good. 

Resonance is easy, just pick 1 dot of any resonance and add and adjective. Like dancing or dreamy or something that matches your character

Would flirtatiously dancing resonance be apropriate? 

Muse

Arete 3:      8 BP
Backgrounds 6 BP
Stamina 3:    4 BP
Melee    4:    4 BP 

22 BP 

Flaws:  +7 BP

Eccoes 3pts
Obligation 4 pts

Creeper

Alright folks, I've come to a descision. I'm closing down Bad Dreams due to lack of interest. There's no longer any justification to having a game of this size that no one is really interested in. I'm going to ask the mods to move this into the closed game section tommorow... or in a few days. Whatever.

Now, that doesn't have to be the end for my only two players. We can still continue (or start, for muse) in the NCES section in fun and games. I admit my interest has waned over the months, but you did go through character creation, and you deserve to have your stories brought to a conclusion at least.

Idachan

>.< I really like my character too, despite appearing to have forgotten to post, again. And I like you as a gm too  :-\

Muse

Are we taking up server space like this?  I don't want to inconvenience our hosts.  I would love to start with my charecter somewhere, as soon as my eyes will open. 

Creeper

I don't think so. I just think that having a game like this gives the impression that I might be accepting new players and putting lots of effort into making it work. Which I no longer plan to.

I will continue (and start) the threads for you two, however. If you're still interested in playing.

Oh, and muse, you could have seductive or dancing for your resonance, but not both.