BESM (third edition) game

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 20, 2010, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, this is more interest check than anything. How many would like to play a BESM game? I myself got only third edition but as note you can google it and find a free download of it (and I do not dare mention where I got mine as it may break some site rule regarding piracy or something >_> just mention the obvious method find free stuff as usual).

Anyways I ask for interest and what would be people's preferred genre? BESM is for anime game but consider this is elliquiy so we would be more likely a hentai game with some rules determine when tentacle monster succeeds snare the girl helpless and perhaps think simple rules determine when girl is going pass out. I think each sex act (orgasm) drains EP (energy points) but actual determination when they climax is determined in 'sexual stage of arousal'. Basically when monsters erotic attack reaches girl (or guy's) shock value (determined by HP) then they progress one stage in sexual arousal. Stages could be many as we like but easiest is likely three or four stages (where final stage is actual climax).

At least my musings and thoughts. How about you? Actual setting needs also discussed but I would like talk/design it with others.

DigitLninja

I'm in... I want to play a character based off of The World Ends With You.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

avorae

I'd be interested in a BESM game. As for setting i thing somrething modern in scope would be nice.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, so far I have thinked kinda open anime universe but some key factors: firstly core and basic world is exactly like ours. But moved ahead little into future. To year 2012. You have heard the doomsday prophecies of that year? Well this case world is not destroyed in that year but changed when several forces start pop into earth.

This case char concepts can go from neko spacefigther (alien race coming to earth first time) between a vampire hunter Buffy (years underground warfare with vampires which had rapidly start become more and more public than before in activity).

DuhMan

Zaer Darkwail

Yes DuhMan, it only matters what point amount we agree on and what attributes you buy on her present her closely as possible.

lorcan

Hmm id like to throw my hat in this could we throw in some Gundam influences preferably like Mobile Suit Gundam the original not wing or anything like that.

Zaer Darkwail

You can play Gundam alike char (it is a mecha robot user and BESM supports it).

lorcan

Yep im just trying to firgure out a way to make a mech that doesnt need multiple people to pilot it

Jemm

I would enjoy a BESM game. I even managed to get a copy of the book awhile back ^^
I generally prefer medieval fantasy though.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, your char could come from medieval fantasy dimension (perhaps from ancient earth past into future?) but idea in general is atm to mix varied subtypes together to present setting in kinda chaotic albeit some logical manner.

Anycase we got some interest so we can start discuss what would be folks prefered point range in char creation? Also would folks be okay with shock value for being used?

Jemm

I apologize, I must have misunderstood the original post ^^'
Well I might still be interested though, but I am a little confused about the setting.
I don't mind shock values being used.

I went back and read through everything. I got confused because I mistook the decided setting for a proposed setting ^^'
Umm, so maybe my preferred character might not really fit in this setting after all.

Xiphon III

I have a pdf of the SRD, is that enough to play? I've been thinking of rocking a gun Bunny.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jemm on January 08, 2011, 05:36:51 PM
I went back and read through everything. I got confused because I mistook the decided setting for a proposed setting ^^'
Umm, so maybe my preferred character might not really fit in this setting after all.

Awww, sad to hear :/. You have no other concepts which would fit to such a game?

Xiphon III: I myself got only also pdf of the BESM third edition so pdf is enough for the play yes.

Xiphon III

Alright, but it isn't the PHB, just the SRD, which is meant more for quick "rule look ups", and doesn't really go in depth on how to make a char...

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, well if you need help in char creation (and when game starts) let me know. Still waiting replies from folks prefered point amount spend on char creation and regarding Shock Value.

Xiphon III

avorae

Hmm.. well seeing as we have someone looking to do a Gundam style character how about we start somewhere in the 600-700 point range for points. As for the Shock value I am all for using it. It makes it more realistic when people get hurt and they would be less likely to do something stupid if they know it can put them in serious harm if they do. Especially with mechas running around.

Xiphon III

Hmm...my Gun Bunny will be RIDICULOUS with that many points....awesome. Any game that has rules for blowing up planets is obviously EXPECTING this. Dunno whether I'll go for game breaker, or rule of cool. Maybe a mix of both...

Reno

This sounds kind of fun. If you do get it up, I'd probably be interested in getting in on it.

who149

I'd be intrested- Need some time to decide what I want though.

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

So have we decided on a Point Value yet? I found a 2.0 generator, and I figure I can go from there, and make any changes that need to be made. Can't be THAT different, right?

Thorn14

Curious as well, although I need to know what the setting or whatever is.

If all the themes and such are all jumbled and everywhere, I wont know what to do.

who149

Alright. I think I'm going to go with a dynamic sorcerer (maybe with a student cross-class)

My scores are a 12, 14, 11, 9, 15

Ons and offs!

avorae

Quote from: who149 on January 13, 2011, 02:44:47 PM
Alright. I think I'm going to go with a dynamic sorcerer (maybe with a student cross-class)

My scores are a 12, 14, 11, 9, 15

Who149... this is actually a BESM third edition not BESM D20.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: avorae on January 13, 2011, 03:42:18 PM
Who149... this is actually a BESM third edition not BESM D20.

Aye, BESM third edition has three stats; Body, Mind and Soul. The values are bought with points (average adult values being 3).

Also yes my first overview idea is that game is based on present RL earth in close future but thing is that all big shit is happening all once (portals other dimensions opening, aliens coming, ancient sleeping entities like gods awakening in earth from slumber etc).

Basically combine several mangas/animes together and put them to same universe.

But as interest as this is 'anime' game after all then list your three favorite anime and bold the one which your char is based on (slightly more or less). If not seen animes that's okay too then list three favorite comics/movies etc.

Anycase so far suggested point value; 600-700 (which would be kinda mythical level campaign as I would recall, making you guys a super major players in universal matters).

avorae

Well Trying to list my top three anime will be a bit of a hassle seeing as I've seen quite a bit But if I can combine the Anime and comics together then I would have to say in no particular order: the Outlanders manga by Johji Manabe, Batgirl [the Cassandra Cain version], and the Soul Eater anime though I am currently watching Claymore and it's looking pretty awesome as well.

And yes the point value puts us in the Mythical range but it's something I never really got to do in a BESM game really.

Bloody Rose

I can join if you would have me, if not that is alright...

My top three would have to be

high school of the dead
Bleach
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5d's

Xiphon III

Don't care on the genre, just as long as I can play a gun bunny. Anyways, my three faves are Gurren Lagann, Air Gear, and the Jet Set Radio Manga. If that last one doesn't count, Death Note.

who149

Ahh- ill have to review the rules then- alright thanks

Ons and offs!

Thorn14

Several portals opening up? Sounds like the Endless Frontier!

Ever played that OP? Maybe we could use that if you had. I could even help you with making the world.

Also 700 seems kind of high.

Also my 3 favorite manga/anime?

1) GaoGaiGar 2)G Gundam 3) Nanoha StrikerS

Niki315

I could probably get in on this.  I have a physical copy of the BESM Third Edition book, and I've played in and run a sizable number of games. 

Setting-wise, multi-setting universes can be a lot of fun.  I once made a dual-layered world where a fantasy and sci-fi version of the same planet were linked via portals.  It was very entertaining ^_^  I'd be very interested in playing something like that.

As for point totals, I think going over 400 is probably a little too much power.  A mecha pilot can have a pretty decent mecha with 400 points and be reasonably skilled.  At 600 points or more, the threshold for failure becomes so slim you're just playing a game of "who succeeds by more."  Even 400 points can be pretty broken, but at least then the game has certain elements of challenge.

Also, anyone who needs help building characters or determining how to make an ability in BESM can ask me.  There's a lot of little tricks you can do to really tailor your character exactly how you'd like.

Xiphon III

One thing I want to know. Is "pocket dimension" still a skill you can take points in, in this version? Because I want to take the six-rank city szed pocket dimension, if I can. And 400 sounds about good to me, but I'll be making a gun bunny, not a mecha pilot, like I said before....

Starfall Smiting Prince

Yeah you can still buy pocket dimension. 400 seems to be a decent number but really depends what the gm means by being Mythical in scope, if it is like we are going to be fighting anime like gigantic monsters or  god like beings, 600 will of course be more appropriate.
I would be interested in the game.

3 favorite anime?

1) Saint Seiya
2) Black Lagoon
3) Gurren Lagann

Xiphon III

True, a mythic level game(which puts me in mind of the "end-game" portions of gurren laggan), 600 might be good.

Niki315

Pocket Dimension is 4 points per level, and starts at 10cm radius and follows a x10 progression (each level multiplies the area by 10).  The nature of the pocket dimension should be defined in some way, whether it be a dream world, separate universe, or just a bag with an overlarge interior.  It's a fairly open trait.  This trait should be taken with Dimension Walk [20 points per level] (travel through dimensions over time) or Dimensional Portal [8 points per level] (able to create a one-way portal to a separate dimension).

Thinking of Gurren Lagann's last four episodes, Simon is probably over 800 points, if he's paying for the ships and the crew and all that.  He could definitely be made with like 400 points if he just has dynamic powers or whatever, but to buy everything he has is an excessive amount of points.

Bloody Rose

Any idea on the setting so I can see what I will do? that is if you want me in the rp

Xiphon III

Well then, I know where my FIRST 36 points are going! One megameter radius pocket dimension, here I come!

Niki315

Actually, 36 points gets you a 10 mega-meter radius.  It starts at .1m and then goes up by x10.  So 32 points would get you 1,000,000m.

Xiphon III

Ah, right. EVEN BETTER! 36 points I'm COMPLETELY willing to part with. I hereby volunteer my pocket dimension(which I am keeping in my actual pocket) as the party resting place. Anybody attacks while we rest, all they find is my pants.

Niki315

Cool cool.  I think that technically to enter and exit the pocket dimension you'll need to spend another 16 points (total) on Dimensional Portal.  One level for Real World to Pocket World, and one level for Pocket World to Real World.  And technically if it's limited to a specific pair of pants, the total cost of the Pocket Dimension and Dimensional Portal would be divided in half because your pants could theoretically be stolen or lost or something.  Otherwise, you can tie it directly to your character's pocket, despite what articles of clothing he's wearing.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Thorn14 on January 14, 2011, 11:54:11 PM
Several portals opening up? Sounds like the Endless Frontier!

Ever played that OP? Maybe we could use that if you had. I could even help you with making the world.

Also 700 seems kind of high.

Also my 3 favorite manga/anime?

1) GaoGaiGar 2)G Gundam 3) Nanoha StrikerS

I have not played nor know anything about Endless Frontier. But as one said already about sci-fi and fantasy world connected by portals I intent somethin akin to that. As I already said; game starts in normal modern setting. Let's say in year 2012 (which is present dooms day year). The world does not come end but radically changes.

It's basically blend of several themes and universes. There can be classic gothic power vampires who use alien technology or human witch from faerie dimension hacking computer by using faerie magic. Blend of sci-fi and fantasy but origin wise they were unrelated but end up to same dimension.

So start point to each char is idea what they are and what they are capable; they could be alien species who is coming to earth (or exotic magical creature from magical dimension) or regular human 'mutated' to another creature. Same way you can think was your human original normal everyday student who got then affected one or two factors which came with blending of the dimensions.

Example you choose basic background you were musical arts student from London, but as vampires became more public you went 'Buffy' and started devote your life between studies and killing vampires. But then aliens came from deep space through malfunctioning warp engine and crash landed to London countryside they then started become your allies against vampires so you got alien tech to help kill vampires which so far you had used some occultic arts to do so.

I do not say you need to mix some sci-fi into your char or mix magic to your char. You could be USA best test pilots who tries out USA developed mecha which was intended for third world war but instead end up figth against aliens from space with it. Aliens who uses high tech.

Anycase thanks Niki315 help with folks in making the chars :). As I myself I am quite new to the system also so help is appreciated :).

Anycase I agree that 400 points is suitable limit, with max 50 extra points from defects so max amount of starting points is between 400-450 range. I intent that you do not yet face deity level threats. Mostly big gangs of sci-fi thugs with some powerful minions of bigger powers (as group, not solo). It's a year or two since the blending of the worlds and stuff to modern earth.

Xiphon III

Anybody willing to help me with character creation? I have the list of skills, feats, and defects and such. I'm just not sure how it would work.

Starfall Smiting Prince

What do you mean? Don't forget Niki315 offered to help anybody with the character creation process but feel free to ask a question or two. As far as I can tell, we aren't using benchmarks but still recommended to at least spend between 150 to 240 points on character stats or you would feel quite a bit inadequate.

who149

Hm. Can't find any rules online. Would It be safe to assume that the feats, skills, defeats, and classes are the same for the d20 version (not the rules themselves of course)

I also need to know how to get my base stats-

Ons and offs!

Starfall Smiting Prince

Not really, it's a point buy system now meaning no classes but they do have templates racial/occupational etc if you want to just make a quick character.

who149

Hm- I suppose.

Either way I just need to know how to do the basics. I found a character sheet online that kinda tells what i'm supposed to put on it-

I just need to know some of the quick basics and then Ill probably be able to do the rest.

EDIT: I found something nevermind

Ons and offs!

who149

What I have so far (given 500-700 value)

Mind:8
soul: 9
Body: 4
(if < 500)
Mind 6
soul: 7
Body:2

Skills I want: (or am at least interested in)
Computers
Gaming
Medical
Occult
Police/ Biological science
Etiquette
Burglary
poisons
Urban tracking
Street Smarts
Seduction
Intimidation
writing
Disguise
Cultural / Domestic arts

Character concept: An intelligent and charismatic young University Student. He shares such traits with characters like Light Yagami (death note), Lelouch V Britannia (sp)(Code Geass), and Naoto (Persona 4 [not technically an anime but still]).  While Smart, and charasmatic, he hasn't worked out much, probably not a day in his life. And so is pretty physically weak

He's about 5'11" Weighs around 140lbs, and straight red hair. His bangs go down to a little under his eye brow, while the back of it, barely touches the collar of his shirt. His eyes are a vivid blue, with a small smile that usually makes others trust him.

He keeps his friends and enemies at the same length of each other, making impossible to know who he's going to target. He's never harmed someone physically before, he always aims for there mind and heart.

Ons and offs!

Kaisude

I'd be interested, but I don't know about BESM. Could you give me the basics of it, and some key info please.

Xiphon III

Who, link me to what you found!

who149

OK-  Atributes that I might want.  (note- I found these ones in the D20 version, so If they don't exist in 3E please tell me). Can I add that my character's a pychic?  XD

tell me if any of this costs more then it should?

Healing: about 3 ranks (12)
Heighten Senses: Hearing 1 rank(1)
Immunity: Poison 1 rank (10)
Mind Control: 5 ranks (30)
Regeneration: 3 ranks (12)
Telekinesis: 5 ranks (10)
Telepathy: 5 ranks (15)
Teleport: 2 ranks (10)

Ons and offs!

Niki315

Okay, so it looks like you've got a handle on it now who.  I don't have my book with me right now, but all of those attributes are in 3rd edition, just different point values. Next time I'm back at my apartment I'll look up the values.

Are there any limitations you want on your abilities?  It can help reduce the costs of your abilities a little, which you're probably going to need since those are pretty costly attributes.

who149

Alright. My person being who he is- Ill say

Mind Control and Telepathy only work on Females.

The rest of it, not so sure.

Mayhap Things like Teleport, Healing, and Regenration leave me physically drained after doing it.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Alright, what do you think? 400 point limit you said? Alright.

Backstory: A bald, burly man of 23, Youka Denjou has always been a military man. Youka was always known as the quickest gun in his unit, and could definitely take punishment. His unit basically went to shit when all the craziness started happening, and since then, he's only gotten tougher and quicker. He suspects radiation or some-such.

Personal equipment: Two Colt Six Shot revolvers, with the "Speedloader" revolver option.

Stats: 200 point burn, to take 10 on mind, 10 on body, nothing on soul. My character concept has NO magical affinity whatsoever. Would that debilitate him too much? If that's too bad, I'll take 8/8/4, respectively.

Attributes: 36 points into a pocket dimension. I want to be able to carry a city in my pocket. I'll take whatever points I need to to put the portal permanently onto a 4x4 piece of cardboard, but I have to be inside to open the "Out" portal. If that gets me flaw points, so be it...

I'll take 2 ranks of "Flunkies," representing what's left of my squad.

1 Rank into "Extra Attacks"

1 rank into "Massive Damage"

1 rank in "Regional Organizational ties". Military isn't too organized right now, but he can still reasonably expect to rest in the base, and occasionally borrow some firepower

Flaws:

Dependent: Little brother back home. Sends half of any money made to him, for living expenses.

Phobia: Guy has a debilitating fear of dogs. Won't go near them. Under any circumstances.

Blind Fury: Will completely flip out every time he sees one of his men die. This will include any friends he makes over time(such as the other PCs). At the moment, his men are basically the two flunkies.

Marked: Being a part of the military(complete with identifying tattoo), not everybody trusts him.

Unique Defect: Radiation poisoning. Some sort of HP drain effect, I'll let the GM decide what.

I'll put whatever is leftover into military sciences, demolitions, and Urban Tracking, even scores..

Zaer Darkwail

You can't really put 0 to soul as it would mean your emotionless and not give damn on yourself or world :P. A puppet. A average adult soul is 3 or 4 as I recall.

Anycase we could go with 400 base points and max 50 points from defects over that sum.

Xiphon III

Alright. I don't have the book, so would those work with the point values? Oh, and I'll take an 8-8-4 spread then(4 soul)...

KeyOfTwilight

Have any more room in this here roleplay?  If you do, I have an idea for your game, and might just be able to grab another friend of mine in on it too.

EDIT:  If you do have room, I have a 400 point character created already ^^  (I love this system long time XD)

KeyOfTwilight

Sorry for the double post, just found out there is a spot open ^^

So without further adieu, here is my character:

Name: Selena Fredericks
Appearance:
Background: Selena hasn't been around as long as most people, but that doesn't stop her from trying her hardest to be the most knowledgable and intelligent girl you'll find.  Before 2012, she had already begun an intense obsession with the Occult and other dimensions/universes/planets.  The obsession went as far back as her childhood, when after a particularly long of fever dreams, she claimed that she could create things from nothing, pulling materials from other planes of existence.  No one believed her, of course, and she was sent to a psychiatrist for treatment.  It got her nowhere but miserable, and in retribution she fought back by studying everything occult she could find, even proving that she could create something from nothing, though on a small level. 
With the coming of 2012, Selena has developed her abilities past what she once could, now capable of fully creating and summoning objects as she once theorized.  She has become quite the sought after individual now, possessing a beyond average level of knowledge when it comes to the phenomena that have started since 2012, as well as what she can create.  Beyond this, she is often hounded by individuals because of her appearances: a very pretty, uong looking 18 year old.

Specialty: Selena specializes in summoning bladed weapons as well as creating potions with various abilities.  She has currently perfected the method of projection summoning (creating summoning circles without needing to draw them) as well as is pursuing ways of summoning creatures and beings out of time and space itself, though the latter is extremely prone to failure, much to her chagrin. 

Body: 4 (On the level with most fit adults)
Mind: 8 (This demonstrates her advance knowledge and mental skills.)
Soul: 3 (She is after all, still a teenager.)

Combat Value: 7
Attack Combat Value: 8
Defense Combat Value: 7

HP: 35
EP: 55

Shock Value: 7

Languages: English, Japanese, Celtic, Latin, German, Chinese, Planar Common, Ancient Planar, Draconic, Demonic (planar demonic), Galactic Common.

Attributes:
+6 Power Flux (Creation primal: Summoning *Note that she summons the potions she makes into existence.*)
+4 Wealth
+9 Unique Attribute: Flux Points (4 per point of skill, 4 points per skill level)
+6 Mind Shield
+6 Special Movement: Balance
+6 Focuses Telekinesis: Summoned Blades
+5 Unique Attribute: Summoning projection (2 points per level)

Skills:
+8 Occult
+5 Writing
+5 Physical Science
+5 Languages
+5 Artisan
+5 Biological Sciences

Flaws:
+3 Hounded: Selena is hounded constantly for her abilities as a summoner and for what she can create as such.  She is also hounded for her genius level of occult knowledge.
+3 Wanted: For the same reason as Hounded, but in addition, for refusing certain questionable parties her services.
+3 Girl/Boy Magnet: She's just that pretty.  She wears goggles and a pull up mask on her bodysuit to keep people from seeing her fully.

Item:
Artisan's Bodysuit: A for fitting bodysuit that increases Selena's abilities slightly, as well as makes it easier for her to consume her potions.
+1 Combat Attack Mastery
+10 Armor
+1 Unique Attribute: (Input valves, 1 point, these allow her to utilize potions much easier through injection or other means)
+1 Jumping

>>><<<<

She's quite a fragile character, but her potions and weapons will keep her alive and out of harms way a good bit, as well as make her a huge supporting role to the other characters.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice, one thoroughly completed characther :). I start now more actively help once I get time off the school to do so. The period is ending but new one starting in next week.

KeyOfTwilight

Oooh, icky school, lol.  I probably should have said this in the background, but Selena hates men, due to a bad experience with the psychiatrist.  So she is most definitely a lesbian, even if men tend to go after her like a magnet to iron.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, also it could be even defect to have strong disrespect to men and being strong lesbian type :P. Anycase yeah, but school itself is not hard but bit boring at times. As I am studying first degree of education in computing in marketing. Or 'Datanome' if that's more familiar term. Just sit on computer screen. The free time is sparse enough between make short quick replies but not actually check and build characthers.

KeyOfTwilight

I don't want her to be against men totally, just distrustful, and against anything sexual with them.  (She was raped as a child sortof thing)

Xiphon III

Finally got my hands on the actual PHB, so I can work on my character more fully now...

KeyOfTwilight

It's pretty easy to find, great set of rules to hold on to.

Xiphon III

Eh, my local shop  had to put it on order for me. We don't have a game store or hobby shop....we have a comic store that happens to carry some tabletop stuff.

who149

Alex Diamond

Mind:10
soul: 8
Body: 2

Telekineses: 6 ranks (48 Points)
Mind Control: 5 ranks (40 points)[4 points to duriation (that cost 12 I believe) to make it last up to 5 min]
Telepathy: 5 Ranks (?? points)
Flight: 2 ranks (?? Points)
Dimension door: 1 ranks (? points)
Teleport: 2 rank. (20 points)

(How much have I spent so far and whats my HP/ energy)

50 Health
90 Energy
10 Shock Value

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Yes, who, you can burn points into duration as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I quote it from my book;

The base number of Health Points is equal to the sum of the Body Stat and Soul Stat multiplied by 5 ([Body + Soul) x 5]) Increase Health Points by +5 for every Level of the Tough Attribute (page 57) the character possesses. Reduce Health Points by - 5 for every -2 Points of the Not So Tough Defect (page 100) that the character possesses.

To calculate your character’s initial Energy Point total, add together the Mind Stat and Soul Stat and multiply by 5 ([Mind + Soul] x 5). Increase Energy Points by 5 for every Level of the Energy Bonus Attribute (page 30) the character possesses.

(energy is useful for depleting attributes and also burn it for add extra dot for attributes certain traits or even change some key events in the story with 50 energy burn).

Also Shock Value will play important role determine when your char takes so much dmg he is not knocked out but paralyzed/stunned from the attack.

The Shock Value is equal to the character’s maximum Health Points divided by 5. ([Health Points] ÷ 5). Increase Shock Value by 10 for each assignment of the Combat Technique (Hardboiled) Attribute (page 22). A character’s Shock Value cannot exceed one-half his or her Health Point total.

Now, to speak cost of stats (mind, soul and body);
1=10=Inept; infant
2=20=Significantly below adult human average; child
3=30=Below adult human average; teenager
4=40=Adult human average
5=50=Above adult human average
6=60=Significantly above human average
7=70=Highly capable
8=80=Extremely capable
9=90=Best in the region
10=100=Best in the country
11=110=World-class ability
12=120=Maximum human potential
13+ 140+ Special; Out of your limits (for now) shortly said

Recommended number for stats is between 120-240 depending how much points are in use.

Also yes, increasign duration is possible with mind control. Each point added to it increases the duration.

who149

Alright- Now All I need is too get info on all the missing ones and Ill pick my skills from the points remaining (If it cost too much Ill tweak it)

Thanks

Ons and offs!

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here are translations needed for your abilities Who149;

Telekineses: 6 ranks
It is 4pts for specific type of material or 8pts for 'general anything'. With 6 ranks you gain +3 weapon rating for telekinetic 'thrown' or 'used' objects (and range 3), up to 100k kg material controlled. Range 3 translats to 1 km. Also manipulation is for single target/object (or make attack to single target, 100K kg punching power hurts).

Mind Control: 5 ranks (40 points)[4 points to duriation (that cost 12 I believe) to make it last up to 5 min]
I assume you took full 8pts variant which is universal (meaning it affects maximum possible varied types of critters, anything with mind 1 and it counts computers also). You get +5 to attack roll when using this power along with Mind stat. Default duration is 1 minute and range is default 0 and so it only works on adjacent people. With 4pts invested to duration it makes power last 10 minutes (it does not cost 12 to get 10 minutes as so far as I understand but BESM savy folk feel free correct me if I am wrong). Also targets 1 invindual at time.

Telepathy: 5 Ranks (?? points)
It costs 2, 4 or 6 per rank.  defined in below;

Telepathy — Minor Class costs 2 Points/Level. Specify a
small class of targets that can be affected, such as “only works
with canines” or “only with close friends”.

Telepathy — Major Class costs 4 Points/Level. Specify a
somewhat restricted class of targets that can be affected, for
example, “only with humans” or “only with beasts”.

Telepathy — Universal costs 6 Points/Level. It can be
used on any mind.

Each rank adds +1 to mind stat to 'iniatate' mind reading with said subjects. The power has default 10m range and no duration besides normal speech and targets one invidual.

Flight: 2 ranks (?? Points)
You do know you could use your own telekinsesis to fly? Well, fligth sepparately serves save telekinesis to something else at least. 8pts per level and rank 2 gives 30 kph speed.

Dimension door: 1 ranks (? points)
Need define is it dimensional portal or walk. I tell both;

Dimensional Portal: A one way portal to somewhere other dimension which is 1 meter radius and transports the guy and anyone around him whitting radius to other dimension (which can be guy's own pocket dimension). I allow time included to dimensions it with extend you cannot go more than 1 day in either direction and to travel both past and future you need buy levels in this attribute to do that sepparately (1 level allows either past or future, level 2 you can purchase able do both). You can extend 1 day by buying duration charts, linearly multiply the time by x5 each time you purchase additional duration (meaning with 10 rank duration you can travel up to 27,127 years into future or past from your original time when you made the first jump). Offensively using portal asks duration table also, 16 for 'infinate' one way transport to other dimension for someone. To travel between back and forth between dimensions you need another level of this attribute to able travel back to earth example. Attribute costs 8pts per level. No duration purchase needed to measure how long you can be in other dimension.

Dimensional Walk: You do not 'jump' to other dimensions but rather walk into one literally. This is usable to back and forth travel but it takes time. Level 1 it takes month to reach the location. Ability costs 20pts per level and allows transport other inviduals in 3 meters from the char.

Teleport: 2 rank. (20 points)
100m teleportation for self or other person via touch. Cannot teleport where you cant see or can visualize well.

avorae

Just dropping a line to say that i am still interested in the game just been busy with work so i havre not had time to come up with a concept yet.

Xiphon III

Hey, is there anything wrong with my guy? Just want to make sure....

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, nothing wrong altough note the portal is created 'on fly'. It means you can create portal into thin air if you want but if you want really lock down the portal into transportation form you can have your box :). I need check the points tough but things you have are fine. But did you purchase any skill ranks? I would think military guy you would know ways of street, be smooth talker or excelent athletic or decent pilot etc.

Zireena

Just asking real quick if you have room for one more person? If not I'll simply watch. I once almost tried a game of this, but then I moved away before we could start.

Xiphon III

Nah, I thought about points in pilot, but he's more of a ground guy. Decent driving though. Here are his skill ranks. I was using the concept that he was their infiltrator. Able to get in with his guns, or stay afar with his rifle.

Area Knowledge, Japan. Specialization: Military bases. 6 ranks.

Demolitions. Specialization: Artificial Structures. 2 Ranks.

Driving. Specialization: Armoured Fighting Vehicle. 3 ranks.

Controlled Breathing. Specializtion: Holding Breath. 4 ranks.

Controlled Breathing. Specialization: Slow Heart Rate. 3 ranks.

Military Sciences. Specialization: Tactics. 5 ranks.

Stealth. Specialization: Camoflage. 2 ranks.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Zireena on February 07, 2011, 03:42:05 AM
Just asking real quick if you have room for one more person? If not I'll simply watch. I once almost tried a game of this, but then I moved away before we could start.

You can join if you like :). So far 2-3 ready chars.

Zireena

Great! Sounds good. I'll get to work making mine...

But first, my top three anime have to be
Yu Yu Hakusho
Trigun
Familiar of Zero

Zaer Darkwail

Let me guess, nekomimi characther Zireena ;). It's possible, perhaps average rich manor maid got mutated by scientific or magical reason (just side note). Or you come different dimension or from space.

Zireena

Hehe, I thought about doing her, but decided against it. No, I'm going with a half fire demon named Sheena. You'll see more once I post her.

DigitLninja

WOO! so happy to see Yu Yu Hakusho make the top of someone else's list ^_^
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Zireena

Hope she turns out well, let me know if I did it wrong.

Name: Sheena Raigeki
Appearance:
Background: Sheena was born into a small clan of ninjas serving a small lord in fuedal Japan. Her father, a fire yokai, had bedded her mother as part of the price for an assassination attempt on a rich merchant. Her mother, knowing the demon blood would empower her daughter, and possibly bring their entire clan fame and honor, raised her daughter early on in the clan's ways. She grew up, taught to be proud of her blood and her status, even though she felt a bit feared, and hated the attention placed on her. She learned quickly, soon becoming the clan's best agent, and was sent to prevent the summoning of a powerful demon by one of the enemies of their lord. When she arrived, it was already too late, the portal was opening. As a last ditch effort, she flung herself into the portal, focusing all her powers, hoping to destabilize it and close it, which she did. However, she was flung far into the future, to a time when another portal opened in the same place. Realizing she couldn't go home, she decided to make her way in this new life.
Due to her looks, and her blood, however, she tends to draw a lot of attention, both from people wanting her body for pleasure, and people wanting it for power.

Equipment: Ninjato (ninja blade)
Pack of Caltrops
Pack of Shuriken
Rope
Enchanted flame proof clothes. (Special Defense Rank 2)

Body: 9 (due to her demon blood and training)
Soul: 7 (due to her demon blood)
Mind: 4 (Smart for her time, but she had better things to learn back then)

Attributes:

2 Attack Combat Mastery

11 Combat Technique (Blind Fighting,
Blind Shooting, 2 Brutal,
Concealment, Critical Strike, Lethal
Blow, 2 Lightning Reflexes, Precise
Aim, Portable Armoury)

1 Defense Combat Mastery

1 Dynamic Powers (Minor: Ninja Tricks) Yes, going off the template there -_-

1 Features: Appearance- Beauty

2 Heightened Awareness

2 Jumping

1 Massive Damage

5 Power Flux: Minor (Fire)

2 Special Defense: Immune to fire

8 Special Movement (Balance, Cat-Like,
Fast, Light-Footed, Untrackable,
Wall-Bouncing, Wall Crawling)

Skills:

4 Acrobatics

2 Burglary

3 Climbing

3 Controlled Breathing

3 Intimidation (Cause Ninjas are scary ^-^)

2 Languages (Japanese, English (to an extent)

2 Occult

3 Poison

3 Sleight of Hand

4 Stealth

3 Swimming

3 Urban Tracking

Defects: Wanted rank 2 (due to her blood, several groups want to acquire her for either research or for their private reasons)
Girl/Guy magnet rank 2

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, you can purchase your weaponry 1 point each but you can upragde them to have special qualities or better than standard weapons. What comes to fire manipulation powers your power flux pool provides stuff for it. You could purchase it 5 times and have dynamic fire themed powers on fly (design duration, effect and even dmg or weapon level of said attacks and how long range they do have). Same go to ninja tricks.

Zireena

Added equipment, brought her up to 5 in power flux. Keeping ninja tricks down, perhaps to say that she no longer has access to a lot of the equipment she used to?
Added a few defects as well...
Also, take a look and make sure her fire proof clothes are right, the same with her Special defense. I figured if there was ice resistance/immunity there might be fire but...

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, do not see defects.....but need check it point by point bit later on but looks good so far.

Zireena

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, there. Why not girl/boy magnet in addition to wanted? Would suit for woman who is both wanted for study and for as sex toy :P.

Zireena

Hmm... good point. But can't I just do Tentacle magnet? Hehe... :P
But sure, I'll put that up, and just add some point in ninja skills or something...

EDIT: Just got a few languages instead

who149

Is this game going to start soon? o.o

Ons and offs!

Acid Lips

Is this game still active? If not I can make one in case you all want to and can st it

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, I forgot check and update this thread :P.

Simply said your potential GM went lazy to post and checked once and forgot this entirely.

If folks haven't lost interest I can start the game now this weekend, or if Acid Lips wants she can work as GM instead. Up to you really. I myself can be rather unreliable at times and make long breaks even when I do not intent to :/.

Xiphon III

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Genbu83

i'm interested and experienced with BESM 2nd and 3rd edition.

If there is room I'd join.

Zaer Darkwail

Seems lot of interest still, got even one PM to me so we could got 5 players. Which 5th is either me or Acid Lips.

Genbu83

fair enough...I'll troll a bit though, just incase.

Ryvaken

I would be the PMs.

This may be a horrible mistake, but I've resurrected the Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya character I turned into my online persona. It's been years since I really considered him a viable character, but I've been getting that urge and this is one of the few systems that can handle something so.....eclectic.
In creativity, meaning.

Ryvaken

Well, this is off to an auspicious start. Zaer, did you get my lastest draft? E says it sent properly but there were some problems making it. Would have been the 22nd, 11:30AM EST (Two days ago and two hours after this post's timestamp)
In creativity, meaning.

Zaer Darkwail

I got the PM with the latest draft and it's okay with me (sorry for lack of response). Anyways it seems it falls to me to start the game thread at least. Here is the OOC for the game while I work up getting lore, pics and cool stuff for IC meanwhile. Also charsheet section up.

Dimensional Hazard (BESM 3th edition):OOC
Dimensional Hazard (BESM 3th edition):Charsheet

Acid Lips

I don't know if you are still looking for people, is it possible to do a school girl with a couple of points in some skills/abilities but the majority of it in unkown power?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Acid Lips on March 26, 2011, 05:04:09 PM
I don't know if you are still looking for people, is it possible to do a school girl with a couple of points in some skills/abilities but the majority of it in unkown power?

Possible, if you really want leave up to me as GM decide your chars actual 'powers' which start manifest.

Acid Lips

I was thinking of doing her more mental, not sure yet I will think about it and do the character today.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, fine with me. Do it and post it in charsheet section. I cosnider players 'in' once they post their chars in charsheet section (to see who's still interested and active).

Laughing Hyena

ohh this is shaping up to be awesome.

AndyZ

This BESM game has probably already started but I'll add myself here so people know I'd be interested as well.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Zaer Darkwail

Not really started yet as only few have posted their chars or in OOC part of the game :).