News:

Main Menu

Remembrance Day 2015

Started by marauder13, November 10, 2015, 04:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marauder13

Where I am sitting, it is a few hours from the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Another year where he have the unfortunate honour of remembering more men and women who have died in wars that have occurred in the last year, along with all those who have died in wars before them.

For me, it is a time to remember those who have fallen on both sides. Friends and foes, both who fought for something they believed in. Truly nothing is gained by dying in this manner, when there are better ways of seeing goals brought to light.

May all those who have died in battle find peace in the next stage of their travels. May those who have been wounded - physically, mentally or emotionally - find the strength and courage to continue to make a difference in the lives of those about them. To the fortunate few who came through as they went in, may you share those blessings with those around you.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Verse #4
For The Fallen
By Laurence Binyon

We will remember them.
Let We Forget.

Rhedyn

~leaves a poppy in remembrance~

Oniya

It's the eleventh hour here right now.  I was talking to a friend on Facebook who gets frustrated with people who assume that supporting soldiers means that you are 'pro-war'.  I don't know any veterans who are actually 'pro-war'.  Most of them would prefer it if their service had made war unnecessary.  They have been to a place that is worse than Hell, and should be honored at the same time that we decry the existence of war to begin with.

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

They fight so that there should be no more war.

God bless them all.

RubySlippers

As a Coast Guard Officers wife and I wish to note the long and noble loss of service members in times of war and in times of peace, those lost in actions against criminal elements at sea and to those brave souls who died trying to provide succor to those who at were in harms way. And for the most noble work of this branch after major natural disasters along the coasts such as hurricanes.

To the brave men and women of the Coast Guard this is for you may fortune favor you in times of war and in times of peace, against enemies whether human or natures wrath. And to the fallen we salute you along with the fallen of the branches far more often remembered.

And this is also to the Coastal Guards of all nations whom devote themselves to the cause of both defense and of mercy and their fallen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWyjL25bTOA

Oniya

Quote from: RubySlippers on November 11, 2015, 04:34:01 PM
And this is also to the Coastal Guards of all nations whom devote themselves to the cause of both defense and of mercy and their fallen.

Semper paratus.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Beguile's Mistress

People do tend to overlook the Coast Guard but they are well-represented inour little group.