Sticky merging?

Started by Xillen, August 04, 2008, 06:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Some of the boards are gathering tons of stickies by now. Not only does it look a bit cluttersome, but it's also starting to miss the point. If a board has a single sticky, or perhaps two, then it's a breeze to read through, and people would be more inclined to check it out, than when there's an entire list of them.

Perhaps reorganizing them to singular threads for certain boards would make the place look a lot cleaner. I wouldn't mind helping out by combining the texts into one easy to read format, if workload is a problem.

NightBird

I agree 100%, and I'd also like to make sure that the content in the stickied messages makes it into the FAQ (which will get more attention from me after minis are prepped for Gen Con).

Sherona

We would love to do this Xillen, but people tend not to read stickies at all. At all. We have ended up putting duplicate stickies in On topic and in Intros and in Rules and still people are not reading them. *sigh*.

Greenthorn

Wouldn't a monthly email sent to all members with the rules and updates in bold suffice?  Hell you can even make it mandatory that the emails get read...might be a tedious thing if it cannot be calculated within...but well there are ways...and if emails are not read suspend ability to post.  We require rules to be read and acknowledged in intros, why not for every member?

*runs away fast*

Xillen

Quote from: Sherona on August 06, 2008, 07:06:25 AMpeople tend not to read stickies at all. At all.

To be honest, having so many stickies out there discourages most people from reading them.

And especially if they're not used, wouldn't it be nicer to have a single sticky at every board instead of the masses that are currently there, cluttering the screens?

GT> "Read" doesn't really do much, does it? All it means is that the user clicked the actual email, not neccesarily took the time to read through it.