Is it possible to change the title of a thread?

Started by RedFacedWriter, July 05, 2008, 08:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFacedWriter

Is it possible to change the title of a thread? (a question posed in this very thread's title)

If so, how?

If not, should I move this to the 'suggestions' forum?
My TURN-ONS/TURN-OFFS
Warning: It's pretentiously long-winded.

I'm here to have fun, but I'm also always looking for ways to improve myself as a writer.  If you have any comments or suggestions for me - about what I've written, the way I write, the way I RP, or anything else - please, let me know.  I promise I won't be offended.

Sabetha

If you're the one who created it, you can modify a thread's title by choosing to edit the original post.  The subject field is also opened for change.

RedFacedWriter

My TURN-ONS/TURN-OFFS
Warning: It's pretentiously long-winded.

I'm here to have fun, but I'm also always looking for ways to improve myself as a writer.  If you have any comments or suggestions for me - about what I've written, the way I write, the way I RP, or anything else - please, let me know.  I promise I won't be offended.

Kalen

Note, however, that all replies before the change will have the old title... and all replies to THOSE replies.
See the above... I just edited the title.  Anyone who replies to me, will have my new title.

Xillen

Actually, Kalen, that's not correct. All new posts will have the title of the original post.

Kalen

Quote from: Kalen on July 06, 2008, 06:04:27 PM
Note, however, that all replies before the change will have the old title... and all replies to THOSE replies.
See the above... I just edited the title.  Anyone who replies to me, will have my new title.

That would depend on which one you reply to, Xillen.  See above.

Bliss

If you just hit reply for a thread, the new post will retain the title of the original post (like this one).

However, if I had quoted Kalen's post, this post would have taken on his changed title.

The easiest way to make sure the title change carries through is to change the title of the first post in the thread.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3