Beware of Unbidden Help (The Crimson King and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, May 22, 2008, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

The night was cool and airy, the wind blowing but only lightly. The city was abnormally quiet on this part of the town, even most of the street people and homeless huddled where ever they can find shelter. Perhaps on a subconcious level they knew. THey knew that a darkness was a foot, a darkness that threatened to enshroud the land. They proabbly did not know this really, more like a shiver and a bad feeling.

That is ok for Him. He was only looking for one person. One dark soul that he could easily tempt and sway. It did not matter who, just someone who wanted something, needed something, that He could give them.

HIs faded bootheels clacked noisily as he walked, his clothing non-descript. Even his physical appearance was as such that one could easily forget. Blonde hair cut short, blue eyes that did not seem to catch the eye. The only thing that set him apart, was his smile and laughter. Laughter that once felled the fowl of the air, the smile that caused King Solomon's heart to fail in fear. He was searching, yes he was.

TheCrimsonKing

"What the hell am I gonna do now?" Ace pondered as he wandered the night. "And for that matter," he added, "where the hell am I?"

The best plan of action, he decided, would be to just keep walking. Nothing was tying him to any specific spot in town anyway. He sure was getting hungry, though. He felt like he had been walking for miles. As soon as he thought he couldn't walk any further, he heard a voice from behind...
All who wander are not lost.

Sherona

The man-like being smelled something ahead, his jowls widening as he speeds his steps. He spelled uncertainty, he smelled turmoil. This was his life, this was his goal, and his prey. The clicks of his heels grew louder as he sped toward the prize, a laugh ringing out.

"Ace, my main man.." The man-person speaks jovially, in an dialogue that went out of style back in the eighties. "What's happening man?" Slinging an arm, attempting to encircle Ace's shoulders in a half hug, he flashes his even white teeth in a huge smile. "Oh...Roger Ferrier is the name..and I think that you might just have what I need."

TheCrimsonKing

"I think you've got the wrong guy, friend." Ace replied. "I don't have a single thing to my name. Speaking of my name, how did you know it?"

Ace could feel an aura of weird around this character. His mind was telling him to run, as fast and far away as possible. The only thing stopping him was the fact that he had no where to go.

Sherona

"Oh you have lots to you that you don't even realize my buddy." Roger says, since the man did not attempt to shrug off his arm he simply tightens it and begins leading Ace more then just walking beside him. "How I know your name is not important. How I know that you happen to have no place to sleep and no means to support yourself is equally unimportant."

Roger continues to speak in tones that were meant to sooth and calm, though his words are firm and almost forceful. "No there is coming a change Ace, a change that you will not survive..not without me. But I need loyal men....men who will stand beside me and I will protect those loyal to me. I will rise them up on pedestals. I will ensure that they want for nothing...all you have to do is pledge your loyalty to me Ace...but you have to have faith that I speak the truth.."

TheCrimsonKing

"Hey, I don't know what you're smokin' but you know where I can get some?" Ace said as his greasy mop top fluttered in the wind.

Ace's joke was a thinly-veiled attempt at hiding his complete horror. Talk about the worst day ever! First he loses all he has and now some crazy bum is leading him to god-knows-where, spouting crazy talk along the way! Ace couldn't even begin to rationalize what was happening to him at this moment. Despite all the fear and befuddlement, an underlying sense of apathy towards himself persisted.