News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Deathwatch Campaign - Recruitment Closed

Started by Primarch, August 06, 2012, 01:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I'm looking to GM a Deathwatch Campaign. I already have quite a bit of it mapped out and it'll be using elements from a tabletop group I ran. They enjoyed it. I don't want to spoil too much just yet, but I will say your primary opponent will be orks.

I'm looking for a group of either 4 or 5 players. Character creation can make use of Rites of Battle & First Founding but please don't send me your characters just yet. Please be familiar with notes in the Living Errata.

I'm looking for clean fun, power players and rule lawyers need not apply. Also no Librarians for now please. This is my first time running a game in a while and Librarians bring in too many wild elements.

All that said and done. Who would be interested?

The Squad
AndyZ: Dark Angels Devastator
Muse: Ultramarine Tactical Marine
HairyHeretic: Space Wolves Assault Marine
Triggvi: Novamarine Assault Marine
Darkling:

AndyZ

I have the PDF but don't actually know a great deal about 40k or the system yet.  However, I'm very familiar with Rogue Trader and I realize they're basically the same system.  Count me in.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

Quote from: AndyZ on August 06, 2012, 01:53:06 PM
I have the PDF but don't actually know a great deal about 40k or the system yet.  However, I'm very familiar with Rogue Trader and I realize they're basically the same system.  Count me in.

Excellent, if you could browse the rules on character creation I'd appreciate it. I'd like to be able to move things along rather swiftly once things are formed.

AndyZ

Would you allow some of the non-random stuff, like the Allocating Points rule and getting to choose things like Power Armor history and name, or should we just do everything completely random?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Primarch

Quote from: AndyZ on August 06, 2012, 03:09:17 PM
Would you allow some of the non-random stuff, like the Allocating Points rule and getting to choose things like Power Armor history and name, or should we just do everything completely random?

I think point allocation is better. Keeps everyone honest. Players can pick their own power armour, I'll handle its history.

ShadowFox89

I'm interested. I should warn you, though, most of my knowledge of Warhammer 40k comes from third party sources.

We'll be using the Dark Heresy rules, right?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 06, 2012, 09:06:37 PM
I'm interested. I should warn you, though, most of my knowledge of Warhammer 40k comes from third party sources.

We'll be using the Dark Heresy rules, right?

Well the Deathwatch rules, but its all the same system.

ShadowFox89

*nods*

Okay. What page is the point stuff on?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Page 26.
All stats start on 30, 100 to distribute, no more then 20 in any single stat.

Muse

I'd be extremely interested, Primarch, I'll have more time tommorow. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

Quote from: Muse on August 06, 2012, 10:35:48 PM
I'd be extremely interested, Primarch, I'll have more time tommorow.

Excellent.

AndyZ

I also sent a notice to someone who isn't on the site yet but is hankering for a Deathwatch game.

Right now I'm looking at Dark Angel (Ravenwing) Devastator.  Although I think I could have a pretty good time with Ultramarine Tactical, but that seems like I'd have to learn a lot more rules than I already know.

Muse

Working on a tactical marine.  Open to suggestions on clan.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Primarch

You guys can feel free to start posting up characters. If you want to use a custom chapter from Rites of Battle PM me first.
Keep in mind we're using point allocation.

ShadowFox89

I might end up with a custom chapter..... I'll pm you when I figure something out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

I'd be interested in playing. Probably a Space Wolf, though I'd need to refresh myself on how they're set up.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Primarch

Primarch

I've got you 4 that have expressed interest thus far listed in the OP, if you could nail down what type of SM you want to play as (Chapter & Specialty)  I'll list it atop. Seeing what some of you pick might help others make a decision.

HairyHeretic

I'll play to my strenghts. Space Wolves - Assault marine. Likely a Grey Hunter rather than a Blood Claw though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ShadowFox89

Never played Deathwatch before so I don't know what my strengths would be.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 07, 2012, 01:56:58 PM
Never played Deathwatch before so I don't know what my strengths would be.

Tactical Marine is a safe bet, lots of flexibility. Be able to support your team mates in most areas.

Primarch

Alright, post finished characters up in this thread. Leave out armour histories, just list which armour you want (from those that you can start with) and I'll give your your history options. Once that's all taken care of I'll set up a character thread to post approved characters (don't forget to take list of xp spent/character construction), keeps people honest when everyone can see where everything comes from. You can list this at the bottom of your character sheet and update it as we go along.

ShadowFox89

Do you have a character sheet skeleton that can be filled out?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

I do not, but there are numerous PDF's that might help. Although if you'd rather just fill it out as a freeform stat block that's also fine, so long as everything is clear.

AndyZ

Cold Heritage

Could I still join as a Flesh Tearer Assault Marine? D:
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

Cold Heritage

Primarch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 07, 2012, 09:40:05 PM
Can I have an Eviscerator?

You can get one in time. Might be able to signature wargear one or something, I'm pretty sure there's one in one of the books somewhere. Just gotta work out its requisition value.

Cold Heritage

There's three different statlines for it in three different books. There's one from Dark Heresy in the Inquisitor's Handbook, there's one in Honour the Chapter, and Only War has one as well.

Primarch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 07, 2012, 09:51:48 PM
There's three different statlines for it in three different books. There's one from Dark Heresy in the Inquisitor's Handbook, there's one in Honour the Chapter, and Only War has one as well.

I imagine we'll use Honour the Chapter. I need to get my hands on a pdf for that.

Cold Heritage

The version in Honour the Chapter's a relic, so it's priced like one, and with a high Renown version to boot. But the description of it makes it sound like the only thing it has over a non-relic Eviscerator is its willpower bonus. The Inquisitor's Handbook and Only War peg their Eviscerators at Very Rare, which translates to somewhere like 21-30 Requisition.

Edit: Oh, what are we going to do for Fate Points and Wounds?

Primarch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 07, 2012, 10:45:49 PM
The version in Honour the Chapter's a relic, so it's priced like one, and with a high Renown version to boot. But the description of it makes it sound like the only thing it has over a non-relic Eviscerator is its willpower bonus. The Inquisitor's Handbook and Only War peg their Eviscerators at Very Rare, which translates to somewhere like 21-30 Requisition.

Considering how long a Forum game takes you guys will probably be getting really high xp/renown rewards but yeah, we'll work out something you can sig wargear after the first mission or two.

Cold Heritage

Are we going to use the revised weapons table in the errata?

Cold Heritage

Tanrim, Flesh Tearers Assault Marine
Name: Tanrim
Chapter: Flesh Tearers
Specialty: Assault Marine
Demeanor: Stoic
Chapter Demeanor: Unquenchable Thirst
Experience: 12,900
Experience Banked: 100

Wounds: 20/20
Fatigue:
Critical Damage:

Insanity:
Battle Fatigue:
Primarch's Curse: Dark Rage

Movement:
Half: 5 (6)
Full: 10 (12)
Charge: 15 (18)
Run: 30 (36)

Fate Points: 4/4

Corruption:

CHARACTERISTICS:

Weapon Skill: 50
Bonus: 5
Ballistic Skill: 45
Bonus: 4
Strength: 55 (75)
Bonus: 5 (10/12)
Toughness: 50
Bonus: 5 (10)
Agility: 50
Bonus: 5
Intelligence: 30
Bonus: 3
Perception: 30
Bonus: 3
Willpower: 40
Bonus: 4
Fellowship: 15
Bonus: 1

SKILLS:

Awareness, Perception: Awareness encompasses the character's subconcious ability to react to things his conscious mind may not perceive. He can use this Skill to notice threats - such as ambushes, traps, or cleverly hidden objects - or slight changes in the environment - such as a faint vibration of a far off Ork Squiggoth or the foul smell of a Daemonhost. When using Awareness against an opponent, the test is always opposed. This use includes noticing ambushes, spotting traps, and other things involving another's actions. However, noticing environmental factors is a standard test. This use includes perceiving trace scents, motion, or similar things.
Skill Use: Free Action made in reaction to something.

Ciphers (Chapter Runes), Intelligence: Many groups employ ciphers as a secret shorthand code in communicating basic ideas, warnings, or information rapidly. The character can use and understand the signals, physical markings, or other subtle signs employed to express these concepts. Ciphers tend to express simple concepts of messages, such as warning of danger, marking a target, or indicating ownership. Skill Tests are not required to either leave or read basic messages but are necessary to communicate or decipher complicated meanings or signs obscured by the passage of time.

Each Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes has its own form of ciphers used to communicate between its Battle-Brothers. These closely guarded secrets are almost never taught to those outside the Chapter and constitute a reliable way for those within the Chapter to quickly identify each other.
Skill Use: Full Action.

Climb, Strength: With the Climb Skill the character can ascend or descend ropes, pupes, scaffolding, and both natural and man-made walls. This Skill is not used for ladders or other easily ascended ways, but for climbs without ready handholds or other poor climbing conditions. The condition of the surface or item and the environmental conditions can impose additional bonuses or penalties. It is far more difficult to ascend an icy rock face in a blizzard than the outer shell of a hive that is crosscrossed with pipes and conduits. A successful test allows the character to ascend or descend at one-half his half move rate.
Skill Use: Half Action.

Dodge, Agility: Use the Dodge Skill as a Reaction to nullify a successful hand-to-hand or ranged attack. Success on the Skill Test means the attack has been avoided and deals no damage.
Skill Use: Reaction.

Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, War, Deathwatch), Intelligence: The Common Lore skill allows the character to recall general information, procedures, divisions, traditions, famed individuals, and superstitions of a particular world, group, organisation, or race. This skill differs from Scholastic Lore, which represents scholarly learning, and Forbidden Lore, which involves hidden or proscribed knowledge, in that it deals with basic information learned from prolonged exposure to a culture or area. Success in a Common Lore Test indicates the character recalls general information about the subject. The GM determines what extra information to provide for additional Degrees of Success.

Concealment, Agility: The Concealment skill is used to hide things, from small objects to vehicles to starships, even oneself. Use of the Skill requires an appropriate environment to mask the item in question, such as buildings and trees for a small shuttle or an asteroid field or a space anomaly for a starship. Concealment is always an Opposed Test, pitting the character's Concealment against his opponent's Awareness or Scrutiny. Thus, the character only makes the test when someone looks for him. If the character or object he intends to hide remains perfectly still, he gainst a +10 bonus to the Skill Test.

Drive (Ground Vehicles), Agility: The Drive Skill allows the character to control land-based, hover, or skimmer-type vehicles. Normal driving does not require a test, but a test is required for hazardous conditions, excessive speed, or dangerous manoevres.

Forbidden Lore (Xenos, Witches) Intelligence: Forbidden Lore skills represent knowledge usually hidden, veiled, or proscribed by an organisation or society. Mere possession of this knowledge may cause difficulties for those not associated with the group in questions. Excessive knowledge of the hidden truths of the Traitor Legions, for example, can be decidedly bad for one's health for those outside (or even inside) the Adeptus Astartes. A successful Forbidden Lore Test indicates the character recalls basic information about the subject.
Skill Use: Free Action.

Intimidate, Strength, Intelligence, Fellowship: The character uses Intimidate Tests to pressure individuals to give in to his demands. The character does not make an Intimidate Test every time he makes a threat, but only when it involves coercion. Though Intimidate lists Strength as its associated Characteristic, the character may substitute either Intelligence of Fellowship if the threat involves more subtle methods than brute force, such as blackmail or humiliation. An Intimidate Test affects a number of targets equal to the character's Strength, Intelligence, or Fellowship Bonus, depending on the characteristic used for the test. The target must be able to see and hear the character clearly, either in person or via pict or vox-caster, and speak a common language.
Skill Use: Full Action.

- Special Use: War Cry. As part of a Charge Action a character may use the Intimidate skill to make a war cry. This is a Free Action that targets the recipient or recipients of the character's charge - i.e. those he will end up in combat with and make melee attacks against. The character then makes an Intimidate Test, based on Strength, opposed by the target's Willpower. If the character is successful, the target suffers -10 to all Parry and Dodge tests against the charging character. Creatures immune to the effects of Fear and other mind-effecting psychology are immune to the effects of a war cry.

- Special Use: Distract. As a half action, the Battle-Brother may attempt to Distract any foe which can both see and hear him. Make an Opposed roll; the Battle-Brother rolls Intimidation against the foe's Willpower. If the Battle-Brother is successful, the foe must spend its next turn either moving closer to the Battle-Brother or making an attack against him, favouring mlee if possible. If the foe makes a ranged attack it suffers a -10 to hit. The effect of Distract lasts a number of rounds equal to the Battle-Brother's Fellowship bonus. A foe may not be affected by Distract more than once during an encounter, and a foe that resists Distract may not be targeted again in the same encounter. At the GM's distrection, the Machine or From Beyond Trait may confer immunity to this effect. When used against a Horde, the effect is the same as above; in melee, a Horde devotes its attacks against the Champion, suffering a -20 penalty to any attacks against any other target.

Literacy, Intelligence: The Literacy skill allows the character to read and write any language he speaks. Everyday activities do not require Literacy Tests, but situations involving regional variations, damaged manuscripts, archaic usage, or colloquial phrases neccessitate a Skill Test.
Skill Use: 1 minute for roughly 750 words.

Navigation (Surface), Intelligence: The character uses the Navigation Skill to plot a course between two points. A successful Navigation Test also provides an estimated travel time based on geograpy, cosmography, prevailing conditions, weather, and solar winds. Surface navigation is used to navigate across a planet's surface, using logi-compasses, map readouts, and geographical knowledge. A Navigation Test represents several hours of charting courses, consulting maps, and making neccessary trajectory corrections. However, 1 minute is adequate for the purpose of finding the character's current location.
Skill Use: 1 minute for simple location; 1d5 hours for plotting courses or routes.

Pilot (Personal), Agility: Characters utilise the Pilot Skill to fly anything from personal jump packs, to small atmospheric craft such as landers or gun-cutters, to void-capable fighters, bombers, and capital vessels. Under normal conditions, piloting does not require a test, but unusual or difficult conditions such as storms, obstacles or dangerous manoeuvres do require a Skill Test. When chasing another vehicle or ship or contesting for position, the character makes an opposed Pilot Test against his opponent.

Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes), Intelligence: Scholastic Lore grants the character knowledge of a particularly complex or esoteric subject. A successful Skill Test allows the character to recall necessary information or research a particular subject if appropriate reference material is readily available. Scholastic Lore grants a depth of knowledge far beyond that of Common Lore, requiring both experience and study to obtain.

Silent Move, Agility: Use the Silent Move Skill any time silence and secrecy are essential in the character's activities. The GM sets the difficulty of the test depending on the environment: the echoing steel halls of a space hulk yield a greater difficulty than the carpeted throne room of a planetary governor. Silent Move Tests are always Opposed Tests against the opponent's Awareness or Scrutiny Skill.
Skill Use: Free Action as part of Movement.

Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic), Intelligence: The Speak Language Skill is used to communicate with others using the same language. In most situations, Skill Tests are unnecessary so long as those involved all speak a common tongue. However, communication with those using obscure dialects or cryptic, complex concepts requires a test at an appropriate difficulty.

Tactics (Assault Doctrine), Intelligence: Tactics is the practical Application of military knowledge in the field of battle. It differs from various Lore Skills in that it relates directly to on the ground combat manoeuvres and actions rather than a broad theoretical or strategic view of warfare. It also differs from the Command Skill in that Command allows the direction of troops but does not grant any special knowledge in how best to use them. A character can use Tactics at any time when he wants to determine the best military course of action in a combat. This could be anything from the best position to suppress an entrenched enemy before an assault to picking a good landing zone when coming under fire.
Assault Doctrine: Covers all kinds of assaults, from charging a bunker to opposed amphibious landings.

Special Uses: Ambush
A character in the role of Kill-Team leader may use Tactics (Recon and Stealth) in the place of an opposed Concealment for himself or any member of his squad provided they are in support range.

Tracking, Intelligence: With the Tracking Skill, the character can follow the signs left by his quarry, allowing him to hunt them down. Following obvious tracks does not require a Skill Test, and is considered part of a character's movement. In instances where the time or elements have eroded the signs or where the very environment makes seeing them difficult, such as darkness or fog, Tracking Tests are required. The difficulty depends on the condition of the traces and the tracker's surroundings. When following any tracks where the difficulty of the test is more than Challenging (+0), the trackers movement rate drops to half. Cunning or devious quarry may attempt to conceal or erase their tracks. In any case where an opponent has attempted to do this, make an Opposed Test amde against the prey's Concealment.
Skill Use: Free Action made as part of Movement.

EQUIPMENT:

Weapon: Astartes Bolt Pistol
Class: Pistol
Damage: 1d10+9
Type: Explosive
Pen: 4
Range: 30M
ROF: S/2/-
Clip: 14
Rld: Full
Rules: Tearing

Weapon: Astartes Chainsword
Class: Melee
Damage: 1d10+3
Type: Rending
Pen: 3
Range: Melee
ROF: -
Clip: -
Rld: -
Rules: Balanced, Tearing

Weapon: Astartes Combat Knife
Class: Melee
Damage: 1d10
Type: Rending
Pen: 2
Range: -
ROF: -
Rules:

Weapon: Astartes Frag Grenade
Class: Thrown
Damage: 2d10+2
Pen: 0
Range: SBx3
ROF: S/-/-
Rules: Blast (4)

Weapon: Astartes Krak Grenade
Class: Thrown
Damage: 3d10+4
Pen: 8
Range: SBx3
ROF: S/-/-
Rules: Blast (1)

Weapon:
Class:
Damage:
Type:
Pen:
Range:
ROF:
Clip:
Rld:
Rules:

Power Armour: MK VIII, Errant
AP: 8/11
History:
Abilities: +20 Strength; Auto-Senses (dark sight; immune to photon flash and stun grenades; Called Shots are Half Actions; +10 to Sight/Hearing Awareness Tests (+20 w/ Heightened Senses); built-in Vox Link; built-in Magboots; Nutrient Recycling (can operate for 2 weeks without resupply); recoil suppression (may fire Basic weapons 1-handed without penalty); Size Hulking (no bonus to enemy attacks); -10 penalty to delicate tasks unless using equipment designed for Marines; with helmet on, armour is environmentally sealed. Every time an attack hits the wearer’s head, roll a d10. On a result of 8, 9 or 10, the attack counts as hitting the body instead. The wearer of a suit of Errant Armour gains +5 to Command Tests.

Grisly Trophies: While wearing or carrying grisly trophies, the Flesh Tearer gains a +10 to any Willpower Tests to resist the effects of either the Black Rage or the Red Thirst. However, their presence makes those around him more aware of the savage nature of his Chapter, and the Disposition of any NPC Space Marines he must interact with are automatically reduced by two steps. Other kinds of warriors (such as Imperial commanders or civilian populations) will always react with fear or revulsion toward the Battle-Brothers unless they are equally barbaric.

TALENTS & TRAITS:

Ambidextrous: Suffers no penalty for using off hand; when combined with a Two-Weapon Wielder Talent, the penalty for making attacks with both weapons in the same turn drops to -10.

Astartes Weapon Training: Proficient in all but exotic weapons.

Bulging Biceps: Can fire heavy weapons using Semi-Auto Burst or Full Auto Burst without bracing, and does not suffer the -30 penalty for failing to brace.

Deathwatch Training: Always confirm Righteous Fury against alien enemies without needing to re-roll the BS or WS test.

Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight): Gain a +10 bonus to any tests specifically involving this sense.

Killing Strike: When taking an All-Out Attack action, a Marine may spend a Fate Point (before rolling the dice) to make his melee attacks for that round impossible to parry or dodge.

Nerves of Steel: Character may re-roll failed Willpower Tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.

Quick Draw: The character can Ready as a Free Action when armed with a pistol or basic ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand.

Resistance (Psychic Powers): Gain a +10 bonus when making tests to resist the effects of this group.

True Grit: Whenever the character suffers Critical Damage, halve the result (rounding up).

Unarmed Master: Unarmed attacks deal 1d10+SB in Impact Damage, and these attacks no longer have the Primitive quality.

Unnatural Strength (x2), Unnatural Toughness (x2): double strength/toughness bonus.

Flesh Render: When  inflicting Damage with a melee weapon that has the Tearing quality, the character rolls a single additional die for Damage and picks the highest  roll. For weapons  that  inflict several dice worth of Damage, only a single additional die is rolled. 

Frenzy:  If the character spends one full Round  fuelling  his  anger—by  flagellation,  drugs,  or  other means—on the next Round he goes into an uncontrolled rage, gaining a +10 bonus to Weapon Skill, Strength, Toughness, and Willpower, but suffering a –20 penalty to Ballistic Skill and Intelligence. The character must attack the nearest enemy in melee  combat  if possible.  If he  is not  engaged with  the nearest enemy, he must move towards that enemy and engage it  if possible. The character will not  take obviously  suicidal actions  such  as  leaping  off  a  building  in  order  to  engage someone  on  the  ground,  but  he will  take  any  actions  that have a  reasonable opportunity  to engage  in melee with  the nearest enemy. While Frenzied, he is immune to Fear, Pinning, Stunning effects, the effects of Fatigue, and he may not Parry, retreat, or fee. He remains Frenzied  for  the duration of  the combat. Unless the character has a Talent that allows him to do so, he may not use Psychic Techniques whilst  in Frenzy.

Battle Rage: May Parry while Frenzied.

Swift Attack:  As a Full Action, the character may make two melee attacks. If the character has the Two-Weapon Wielder Talent  and  is  wielding  two  melee  weapons,  the  character gains  the  advantage  of  Swift  Attack with  only  one  of  the weapons, and a single attack with the other. If the character had the Two-Weapon Wielder Talent and is wielding a melee weapon in one hand and a gun in the other, the character gets the advantage of Swift Attack with the melee weapon and a single attack with the gun.

Marine Implants: do not suffer from Blood Loss; suffer no penalties to Perception-based tests when awake for long time; +20 to Toughness Tests against ingested poisons; gain a Skill or Skill group temporarily by devouring a portion of an enemy; may re-roll failed Toughness Test for drowning/asphyxiation and gain +30 to Toughness Tests made to resist gases (with a re-roll on failed results); may enter suspended animation; re-roll failed Toughness Test to resist poisons and toxins, including attacks with the Toxic Quality; may detect poison or toxin by taste with a successful awareness test; gain +10 to Tracking tests against a target you have tasted; re-roll failed Toughness Tests caused by temperature extremes; may spit acid: range 3m, dam: 1d5, pen: 4, toxic, if you hit target by 3+ DoS the target is blinded for 1d5 rounds; opponents do not gain bonus to hit due to size.

Wings of Angels: The Assault Marine may  add 20 metres  the movement  rate of his Jump Pack with a successful Challenging (+0) Pilot (Personal) Test. When making  a Charge whilst using  this ability, the Space Marine adds an additional 1d5 Damage to any melee attacks. This ability only  functions when  in Solo Mode.

SOLO MODE:

Solo Ability: A Taste For Blood
Required Rank: 1
Effects: When the Battle-Brother makes a Charge Action against a foe which has been bloodied (i.e. has suffered at least a single wound) he adds 5m to his charge distance and gains an additional +10 to his Weapon Skill Test in addition to the normal benefits for charging.
Improvement: At Rank 4 the Battle-Brother becomes more adept at channelling his rage and adds +2 to any Damage rolls made during the turn he charges. At Rank 7 the Battle-Brother is even swifter to attack once he senses the blood of his prey and adds 7m to his charge distance.

Solo Ability: Burst of Speed
Effects: A Battle-Brother can call on reserves of speed when needed, crossing great distances to close with the foe. Once per  game  session,  a Battle-Brother  can  perform  a Burst  of Speed. This ability increases the character’s Agility Bonus by 2 with all the usual associated benefits for a number of Rounds equal to his Rank. Burst of Speed ability is a Free Action that can be activated at the start of a turn.
Improvement: At Rank  3  and  above Burst  of  Speed  also adds a +10 to all Agility tests based on movement. At Rank 5 the bonus to Agility Bonus increases to +4. At Rank 7 this ability allows the Battle-Brother to ignore the need to make Agility Tests when  running  or  charging  in  difficult  terrain.

Solo Ability: Feat of Strength
Effects: Space Marines are genetically gifted with great strength far exceeding. that or normal men. In times of need, a Battle-Brother can push this great brawn to its limits to perform truly impressive feats. Once per day of game time, a Battle-Brother may perform a Feat of Strength. This ability effectively increases his Unnatural Strength Trait (see page 136) by one level, so for instance Unnatural  Strength  x2  becomes Unnatural  Strength x3. This effect lasts for a number of Rounds equal to his Rank. Feat  of  Strength  is  a  Free Action that can be activated at the start of a turn.
Improvement: At Rank 3 and above Feat of Strength also adds +10 to all Strength Tests and Strength-based Skill Tests for its duration. At Rank 5 and above Feat of Strength last for a number of Rounds equal to twice the character’s Rank. At Rank 7 and above Feat of Strength increases the character’s Unnatural Strength Trait by two levels.

Solo Ability:
Required Rank:
Effects:

Experience Spent:
400: Frenzy
500: Battle Rage

HairyHeretic

I've just started my work week (night shift) so it will probably take me a couple of days to get a sheet together.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Primarch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 07, 2012, 10:57:46 PM
Are we going to use the revised weapons table in the errata?

Yes

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 08, 2012, 02:40:35 AM
I've just started my work week (night shift) so it will probably take me a couple of days to get a sheet together.

That's fine.

Primarch

Right, AndyZ has a friend looking to get in on E to join the game, so I'm closing recruitment for now. Those of you that have already expressed interest feel free to post up character sheets. Cold Heritage has provided an excellent example you could use.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 08, 2012, 12:35:01 PM
Found some custom chapters

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=179&efcid=3&efidt=384629

Stick to Rites of Battle for Custom Chapters. Things on those forums tend to make use of all sorts of House Rules and the like.

ChaoticSky

*starts to raise hand-* aww.

Well, have fun!

Cold Heritage

Are we to roll for Wounds and Fate Points?

Primarch

HairyHeretic

Possible change of plans. Would a Wolf Scout from the First Founding book be acceptable?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Primarch

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 09, 2012, 03:30:01 AM
Possible change of plans. Would a Wolf Scout from the First Founding book be acceptable?

Yep, that's fine.

apostateCourier

Holy Terra Deathwatch!  I've been waiting for an opportunity to play this.  Is it full?  I hope not, I've got a Dark Angel Techmarine just waiting for the opportunity.

Primarch

Quote from: Darkling on August 08, 2012, 06:40:04 PM
*starts to raise hand-* aww.

Well, have fun!

Quote from: apostateCourier on August 09, 2012, 09:53:43 PM
Holy Terra Deathwatch!  I've been waiting for an opportunity to play this.  Is it full?  I hope not, I've got a Dark Angel Techmarine just waiting for the opportunity.

Recruitment is closed, but I've always wanted to play a game of Deathwatch with 2 Kill-Teams. I wouldn't GM both however, but I'd certainly let a Co-GM in on my plot to allow the teams to be involved (perhaps with some Space Marine time competition) in the campaign.

So quite frankly, if another individual either reads this or someone already involved has an interest in running missions for a second team you lads could play. I'd sign up a character myself, which would give you 3 characters starting off. Could even move someone from the original team to this one to balance numbers, all depends on finding a second GM.

Muse

I hope I'm not messsing this up... 
*tipity type types away on Uriel.* 

Muse

Character Name:   Uriel
Player Name:      Muse
Chapter:        Ultramarines
Chapter Demeanor:   Honor the Codex
Past Event:      
Personal Demeanor:   Gregarious
Specialty:      Deathwatch Tactical Marine
Rank         1
Power Armor History:   Helm of Mordicus (+5 B.S., +10 Comand, +5 Fellowship)
Description:      
EXP:         13,000/600

Wounds:   23/23
--Fatigue
--Critical Damage:

Insanity:  0
--Battle Fatigue
--Primarch’s Curse: 

Movement:      
--Armored Movement: 

Fate Points:   5/

Corruption   0

Characteristics
Weapon Skill      40
--Bonus 4
Ballistic Skill      50 (55)
--Bonus 5
Strength      40 (60)
--Bonus 8 (10)
Toughness      40
--Bonus 8
Agility         40
--Bonus 4
Intelligence:      40
--Bonus 4
Perception:      50
--Bonus 5
Willpower;      45*
--Bonus 4
Fellowship      45*      
--Bonus 4

Acrobatics (Ag)
Awareness* (Per)      *
Barter* (Fel)
Blasther* (Fel)
Carouse* (T)
Charm* (Fel)         *
Chem-Use (Int)
Ciphers(Int)
--Chapter Runes      *
Climb* (str)         *
Command* (Fel)      *
Common Lore (Int)
--Adeptus Astartes      *
--Deathwatch         *
--Imperium         *
--War            *
--
Concealment* (Ag)      *
Contortionist* (Ag)
Deceive* (fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Dodge (Ag)         *
Drive (AG)
--Ground Vehicles      *
--
Forbidden Lore (Int)
--Xenos         *
--
-
Gamble* (Int)         
Inquiry* (Fel)         
Interrogation (WP)      
Intimidate* (S)      *
Invocation (WP)
Lip Reading (Per)
Literacy (int)         *
Logic* (Int)
Medicine (Int)
Navigation (Int)
--Surface         *
--
Performer (Fel)
--
Pilot (ag)
--
Psyniscience (Per)
--
Scholastic Lore (Int)
--Codex Astartes      *
--
Scrutiny* (Per)
Search* (Per)
Secret Tongue (int)
--
--
Security (AG)         
Shadowing (Ag)         
Silent Move* (Ag)      *
Slight of Hand (Ag)      
Speak Language (Int)
--High Gothic         *
--Low Gothic         *
--
Survival* (Int)   
Swim* (s)
Tactics(Int)
Tech Use (Int)
Tracking (Int)         *
Trade (Int)         
--
Wrangling (Int)      

Armor: 
1-10   Head:      7 (15)
11-20   R. Arm   8 (16)
21-30   L Arm      8 (16)
31-70   Body      10(18)
71-85   R. Leg      8 (16)
86-100   Left Leg:     8 (16)

Weapons: 
Astartes Bolter with Fire Selector: 
--Range 200 M
--Attack 65%
--Damage 2d10+7 X
--Penetration: 5
--Clip 24
--Reload: Full
--Special: Accurate, Tearing
--Weight:  17

Astartes Bolt Pistol

Astartes Frag Grenades X3

3 Astartes Krak Grenades X3

Astares Combat Knife

Special Abilities: 
--Bolter Mastery:  +10 bonus to all Ballistic Skill Tests and +2 to damage when firing a Bolt weapon.  This ability only functions in Solo Mode. 

Talents and Traits: 
--Ambidextrous
--Astartes Weapon Training
--Bulging Biceps
--Deathwatch Training:
--Heigthened Senses: Hearing, Sight
--Killing Strike
--Nerves of Steel
--Quick Draw
--Rapid Reload
--Resistance: Psychic Powers
--True Grit
--Unarmed Master
--Unnatural Strength X2
--Unnatural Toughness X2

Gear: 
--Astartes Power Armor
--1 Chapter Trapping
--Repair Cement

HairyHeretic

Name: Einarr
Chapter: Space Wolves
Specialty: Tactical Marine / Wolf Scout
Demeanor: Proud
Chapter Demeanor: The Sons of Russ
Experience: 13,000
Experience Banked: 0

Appearance
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History:
On the Trail of the Lost

Wounds:   20
--Fatigue
--Critical Damage:

Insanity:  0
--Battle Fatigue
--Primarch’s Curse:

Movement:
Half: 5 (6)
Full: 10 (12)
Charge: 15 (18)
Run: 30 (36)

Fate Points: 4/4

Corruption   0

Characteristics
Weapon Skill      45
--Bonus 4
Ballistic Skill      45
--Bonus 4
Strength      40 (60)
--Bonus 8 (10)
Toughness      40
--Bonus 8
Agility         50 (+10 for Corvus armour)
--Bonus 5 (6)
Intelligence:      40
--Bonus 4
Perception:      50
--Bonus 5
Willpower;      40
--Bonus 4
Fellowship      30
--Bonus 3

Awareness (Per, +10
Barter (Fel)
Carouse (T)
Charm (Fel)         
Ciphers(Int)
--Chapter Runes  (+10)
Climb (Str, +10)         
Command* (Fel)     
Common Lore (Int)
--Adeptus Astartes   (+10)
--Deathwatch   (+10)
--Imperium    (+10)
--War   (+10)
--
Concealment (Ag, +10)
Contortionist (Ag)
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Dodge (Ag)         
Drive (AG)
--Ground Vehicles   (+10)
Evaluate
Forbidden Lore (Int)
--Xenos          (+10)
--
-
Gamble (Int)         
Inquiry (Fel)         
Intimidate (S)     
Literacy (Int, +10)
Logic (Int)
Navigation (Int)
--Surface      (+10)

Scholastic Lore (Int)
--Codex Astartes       (+10)
--
Scrutiny (Per)
Search (Per)

Silent Move (Ag, +10)

Speak Language (Int)
--High Gothic          (+10)
--Low Gothic          (+10)
--
Swim (Str)
Tactics(Int)
Tactics (Recon and Stealth, +10)
Tracking (Int)          (+10)

Weapons:
Astartes Stalker silenced Bolt Pistol
Astartes Frag Grenades X3
3 Astartes Krak Grenades X3
Astares Combat Knife

Special Abilities:
Behind Enemy Lines
Solo Ability - Hero's Saga

Talents and Traits:
--Ambidextrous
--Astartes Weapon Training
--Bulging Biceps
--Deathwatch Training:
--Heigthened Senses: Hearing, Sight, Smell
--Killing Strike
--Nerves of Steel
--Quick Draw
--Rapid Reload
--Resistance: Psychic Powers
--True Grit
--Unarmed Master
--Unnatural Strength X2
--Unnatural Toughness X2

Gear:
--Astartes Power Armour - Mk 6 'Corvus'
--Astartes Scout Armour
--1 Chapter Trapping
--Repair Cement
--Wolf Tooth Necklace (Grants Frenzy Talent)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Triggvi

Assault Marine Sergeant Cornillius Thurmon

Name:Sergeant Cornillius Thurmon
Nick Name:Core
Chapter:Novamarine
Specialty:Assault Marine
Chapter Demeanour: Honour the Codex
Sex:Male
Personal Demeanour:Gregarious
Past:Tyrannic War Veteran
Description:
Sergeant Cornillius is a rugged, friendly, hard fighting novamarine. Don’t let his friendly face and easy disposition fool you he is a hard-nosed space marine that doesn’t suffer fools gladly. When it comes to duty he is all business and his armor and equipment show the dedication he has for his duties. The condition in which he maintains his Armor and weapons would make a spit and polish, rainbow farting ultramarine green with envy. He wears the mark of the gold trimmed iron skull proudly on the face plate to his helmet. His Mk6 “Corvus” Armor is inspection ready clean, black (except for the shoulder plate with the gold trimmed inverted omega symbol of the Novamarines and the other baring the Deathwatch Seal. On his armor are tags from the various battles he has been in. Most notably is the mission that got him promoted to sergeant against the Tyranids.

Attributes

StatScore   CB   Adv1Adv2Adv3Adv4Total
WS 50    +5 +5 +0 +0 +0 60/70 armor
BS 400    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
ST 30    +5 +5 +0 +0 +0 40/70 Armor
AG 45    +0 +5 +0 +0 +0 50/60 armor
T    40    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
INT 40    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
PER 35    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 35
WP 40    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
FEL 50    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 50/55 armor
[/u]

SkillCommonTrained+10   +20   Total   
Acrobatics(AG)       No     No                       0      
Awareness(PER)      Yes    Yes                        35    
Barter(FEL)              Yes    No                            25    
Blather (FEL)      No   No                         0          
Carouse (T)      Yes   No                          20   
Charm (Fel)      Yes   No                          25   
Chem-Use (Int)   No   No                          0          
Ciphers (Int)      
    Chapter Runes      No   Yes          40   
_____________________No            0   
Climb (S)         Yes   Yes         40   
Command (Fel)      Yes   Yes         50   
Common Lore (Int)   
    Adeptus Astartes   No    Yes         40   
    Deathwatch      No    Yes         40   
    Imperium      No    Yes         40   
    War         No   Yes         40   
_____________________No   No         0   
Concealment (Ag)   Yes   Yes         50   
Contortionist (Ag)   Yes   No         25   
Deceive (Fel)      Yes   No         25   
Demolition (Int)      No    No         0   
Disguise (Fel)      Yes   No         25   
Dodge (Ag)      Yes   Yes         50/60 Armor   
Drive (Ag)      
    Ground Vehicles   No   Yes         50   
Evaluate   (Int)      Yes   No         20   
Forbidden Lore (Int)   
    Xenos         No   Yes         50**   
Gamble (Int)      No   No         0   
Inquiry (Fel)      Yes   No         25   
Interrogation (WP)   No   No         0   
Intimidate (S)      Yes   Yes         40
Invocation (WP)      No   No         0   
Lip Reading (Per)      No   No         0   
Literacy (Int)      No   Yes         40   
Logic (Int)      Yes   No         20   
Medicae (Int)      No   No         0   
Navigation (Int)      
   Surface         No   Yes         40   
Performer (Fel)      
Pilot (Ag)         
    Personal      No   Yes         50   
Psyniscience (Per)   No   No         0   
Scholasic Lore (Int)   
    Codex Astartes      No   Yes            40   
Scrutiny (Per)      Yes   No         17   
Search (Per)      Yes   No         17   
Secret Tongue (Int)   
Security (Ag)      No   No         0   
Shadowing (Ag)      No   No         0   
Silent Move (Ag)      Yes   Yes         50   
Sleight of Hand (Ag)    No   No         0   
Speak Language (Int)   
   High Gothic      No   Yes            40   
   Low Gothic      No   Yes            40   
Survival (Int)       No   No         0   
Swim (S)         Yes   No         20   
Tactics (Int)      
    Assault Doctrine    No   Yes         40   
Tech-Use (Int)       No   No         0   
Tracking (Int)       No   Yes         40   
Trade (Int)      
Wrangling (Int)       No   No         0   

Special Abilities/Talents
Wrathful desent
Favored Son
** +10 of Forbidden Lore (Xenos) Rolls
Air of Authority
Swift Attack

Basic XP= 12,000
+
Spent xp =1000
Total Xp=13,000

Spent XP on

Second in command400
     Air of Authority
     Command
     Iron Skull Honour
ST Advance 1200
AG Advance 1200
WS Advance 1100

Honours
Iron Skull

Powered Armor
Mk 6 “Corvus”
+20 ST
+15 Auto Sense
+10 Agility
8/9 AP

Powered Armor History:
1. Gauntlets of Xirion: Gloves replaced with Mk4 version (AP7). +10 WS, +5 Fel bonus when dealing with anyone loyal to the Imperium

2. Thy strength be legend (+10 to Strength)
Hit Locations

HeadR. ArmL. ArmChestR. LegL. Leg
1-1011-2021-3031-7071-8586-00
AP8AP7AP7AP9AP9AP9

Chainsword

ClassDamageTypePenRangeRate of FireClipReload
Melee1d10+14   x     3 ---   --/--/-------
   Special: Balanced, Tearing   

Astartes Bolt Pistol

Bolt1d10+9   x     4 30m   S/2/--14full
   Special: Tearing   

Astartes Combat Knife

Melee1d10+10  R     2 ----  ---  -------
   Special:

Krak Grenadesx3

Thrown3d10+4   x     6 30m   S/--/---------
   Special:

Frag Grenadesx3

Thrown2d20+2   x    0 30m   S/--/---------
   Special: Blast (4)   

Repair Cement               

Adamantine Inlays   (+3 to parry)               

Fate 4
Wounds 21

Movement

half         5/7*
full        10/14*
Charge15/21*
Run      30/42*
*Movement in powered armor (+1 Powered Armor &+1 to move(+10 to Agility) because of the mk6 "Corvus")

Basic Space Marine Talents& Traits
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapon Training
Bulging Biceps
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Deathwatch Training
Unarmed Warrior      
The unbowed Core

Triggvi

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 12, 2012, 11:59:49 AM
Name: Einarr
Chapter: Space Wolves
Specialty: Tactical Marine / Wolf Scout
Chapter Demeanor: The Sons of Russ
Experience: 13,000
Experience Banked: 0

Hi, I am the guy playing the Novamarine Tactical marine. The wolf scout seems like an awesome idea. I can see a scout being of great utility on missions. I was looking at your sheet and I was wondering if I am reading it wrong. It seems all your skills are at stat+10 instead of being simply trained which would be stat?

Really cool concept.
Triggvi

Triggvi

Quote from: Muse on August 10, 2012, 11:20:59 AM
Character Name:   Uriel
Player Name:      Muse
Chapter:        Ultramarines
Chapter Demeanor:   Honor the Codex
Past Event:      
Personal Demeanor:   Gregarious
Specialty:      Deathwatch Tactical Marine
Rank         1
Power Armor History:   Helm of Mordicus (+5 B.S., +10 Comand, +5 Fellowship)
Description:      
EXP:         13,000/600

Weapons: 
--Range 200 M
--Attack 65%
--Damage 2d10+7 X
--Penetration: 5
--Clip 24
--Reload: Full
--Special: Accurate, Tearing
--Weight:  17

Is it my imagination or did you put down the stats for a weapon that is a cross between a stalker pattern bolter and a goldwyn pattern bolter? It might be fun  to sit down with you and talk about the how we are going to handle the relationship between my character and yours. I am playing a novamarine tactical marine. The novamarines are an offshoot of the ultramarines.

looking forward to hearing from you
Triggvi

ShadowFox89

Trig, please don't quote the entire character sheet >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Triggvi

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 13, 2012, 08:48:31 PM
Trig, please don't quote the entire character sheet >.<'

I should have thought of that, my apologies. I went back and modified the posts.
Triggvi

Muse

I think that's the factored characteristics for my astartes bolt gun with standard amo, Trig.  I just factored in my training ability.  Did I do it wrong? 

Triggvi

Quote from: Muse on August 14, 2012, 05:59:23 AM
I think that's the factored characteristics for my astartes bolt gun with standard amo, Trig.  I just factored in my training ability.  Did I do it wrong?
The stats for a goldwyn patterned bolter are
damage 1d10+9x
Pen 4
Rof S/3/-
Clip 28
Rld full

apostateCourier

Quote from: Triggvi on August 14, 2012, 09:18:15 AM
The stats for a goldwyn patterned bolter are
damage 1d10+9x
Pen 4
Rof S/3/-
Clip 28
Rld full
Maybe for the cut down human model, but a Space Marine Goldwyn Pattern Bolter most certainly is 2d10+5 X base.  The Dark Heresy numbers are for "human scale" weapons, rather than weapons made and sized for Space Marines.

Primarch

1d10+9 X is the errata damage, which this game is using.

Triggvi

Do we want to start the character approval process and fo armor history? Oh great primarch

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Triggvi on August 13, 2012, 07:15:09 PM
Hi, I am the guy playing the Novamarine Tactical marine. The wolf scout seems like an awesome idea. I can see a scout being of great utility on missions. I was looking at your sheet and I was wondering if I am reading it wrong. It seems all your skills are at stat+10 instead of being simply trained which would be stat?

Really cool concept.
Triggvi

Some are at +10, but not all. It's been a long time since I read throught the rules though, so it's possible I've written something wrong.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Triggvi

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 14, 2012, 01:22:25 PM
Some are at +10, but not all. It's been a long time since I read throught the rules though, so it's possible I've written something wrong.

It just looked like the trained skills you had a +10. the progression is common (half stat), Trained (full Stat), Stat +10, Stat+20
hopefully this helps. If you want i can read up on the space wolf scout class for a double check. An extra set of eyes is always helpful.

Triggvi

HairyHeretic

That may well be my mistake then. I'm about to head out to work, but I'll check again when I have some time. If I've just shifted them one catagory over, it's an easy fix though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Triggvi

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 14, 2012, 02:26:41 PM
That may well be my mistake then. I'm about to head out to work, but I'll check again when I have some time. If I've just shifted them one catagory over, it's an easy fix though.

Easy Mistake to make.

ShadowFox89

What does our cast look like so far? I'd still like to make a character, but I don't want to step on any toes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Triggvi

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 14, 2012, 05:08:34 PM
What does our cast look like so far? I'd still like to make a character, but I don't want to step on any toes.
Flesh Tearer Assault Marine
Space Wolf Scout
Novamarine Tactical Marine
Ultramarine Tactical Marine
Dark Angel Devastator Marine

Cold Heritage

Depending on how Primarch decides to deal with First Aid, it might be prudent to get an Apothecary.

Primarch

I didn't have much time today and I won't tomorrow, but the day after we'll go about getting things rolling. I'll set up a character thread & an OOC thread and do the rolls for armour history. If you guys want to check over each others character sheets thus far, make sure everything is counting up right & takes the errata in t'would be great.

ShadowFox89

I'll try and get my character in >.<

Probably an Ultramarine Devastator.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cold Heritage

I'm going to change to be a Techmarine or an Apothecary. There's too much firepower to hang with a chainsword.

Triggvi

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 14, 2012, 08:11:37 PM
I'm going to change to be a Techmarine or an Apothecary. There's too much firepower to hang with a chainsword.
Dude the assault marine puts down more stuff that a devastator. Chainswords do a lot of damage. Stay with the assault marine, please.

Triggvi

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 14, 2012, 07:55:56 PM
I'll try and get my character in >.<

Probably an Ultramarine Devastator.

shadowfox we could really use a techmarine or medic over another slow shooter.

Also if anyone wants the coding I used for my character sheet I am happy to share.

Triggvi

ShadowFox89

I've never played Deathwatch though and I thought tech/healers were harder to play... >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cold Heritage

Healers are incredibly hard to play because the rules for First Aid are the most impenetrable, arcane things ever.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cold Heritage

Actually, I take that back: they've been errata'd from incomprehensible wankery into annoying 'why deity why' book keeping.

And don't worry. I've got the Apothecary covered. Flavius Occulus Batiatus, Ultramarines Apothecary will soon be here to serve the Emperor and let all non-Ultramarines know how great the Ultramarines are, how great the Codex is, how Roboute Guilliman single-handedly saved Terra and the Imperium, and that if they too are sufficiently pious and Codex-adherent, they may be worthy enough to accept Marneus Calgar as their spiritual liege.

The Most Pious Ultramarine In The Emperor's Service Today
Name: Flavius Occulus Batiatus
Chapter: Ultramarines
Specialty: Apothecary
Chapter Demeanor: Honour the Codex
Experience: 12,900
Banked Experience: 100

Wounds: 19/19
Fatigue:
Critical Damage:

Insanity:
Battle Fatigue:
Primarch's Curse:

Movement:
Half: 4/5
Full: 8/10
Charge: 12/14
Run: 24/30

Fate Points: 5/5

Corruption:

CHARACTERISTICS:

Weapon Skill: 40
Bonus:
Ballistic Skill: 55
Bonus:
Strength: 40
Bonus:
Toughness: 40
Bonus:
Agility: 40
Bonus:
Intelligence: 55
Bonus:
Perception: 40
Bonus:
Willpower: 40
Bonus:
Fellowship: 30
Bonus:

SKILLS:

Awareness:

Ciphers (Chapter Runes):

Climb:

Dodge:

Common Lore (Adeptus  Astartes, Imperium, War, Deathwatch):

Concealment:

Drive (Ground Vehicles):

Forbidden Lore (Xenos):

Intimidate:

Literacy:

Navigation (Surface):

Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes):

Silent move:

Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic):

Tactics (Defensive Doctrine):

Tracking:

Chem-Use:

EQUIPMENT:

Astartes power armour, Astartes  bolt  pistol, 3 Astartes  frag  grenades, 3 Astartes krak grenades, Astartes combat knife, repair cement, one Chapter Trapping. Astartes bolter with fire selector, reductor and narthecium.

Power Armour:
AP:
History:
Abilities: +20 Strength; Auto-Senses (dark sight; immune to photon flash and stun grenades; Called Shots are Half Actions; +10 to Sight/Hearing Awareness Tests (+20 w/ Heightened Senses); built-in Vox Link; built-in Magboots; Nutrient Recycling (can operate for 2 weeks without resupply); recoil suppression (may fire Basic weapons 1-handed without penalty); Size Hulking (no bonus to enemy attacks); -10 penalty to delicate tasks unless using equipment designed for Marines; with helmet on, armour is environmentally sealed.

TALENTS & TRAITS:

Ambidextrous: Suffers no penalty for using off hand; when combined with a Two-Weapon Wielder Talent, the penalty for making attacks with both weapons in the same turn drops to -10.

Astartes Weapon Training: Proficient in all but exotic weapons.

Bulging Biceps: Can fire heavy weapons using Semi-Auto Burst or Full Auto Burst without bracing, and does not suffer the -30 penalty for failing to brace.

Deathwatch Training: Always confirm Righteous Fury against alien enemies without needing to re-roll the BS or WS test.

Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight): Gain a +10 bonus to any tests specifically involving this sense.

Killing Strike: When taking an All-Out Attack action, a Marine may spend a Fate Point (before rolling the dice) to make his melee attacks for that round impossible to parry or dodge.

Nerves of Steel: Character may re-roll failed Willpower Tests to avoid or recover from Pinning.

Quick Draw: The character can Ready as a Free Action when armed with a pistol or basic ranged weapon, or a melee weapon that can be wielded in one hand.

Resistance (Psychic Powers): Gain a +10 bonus when making tests to resist the effects of this group.

True Grit: Whenever the character suffers Critical Damage, halve the result (rounding up).

Unarmed Master: Unarmed attacks deal 1d10+SB in Impact Damage, and these attacks no longer have the Primitive quality.

Unnatural Strength (x2), Unnatural Toughness (x2): double strength/toughness bonus.

Autosanguine

Marine Implants: do not suffer from Blood Loss; suffer no penalties to Perception-based tests when awake for long time; +20 to Toughness Tests against ingested poisons; gain a Skill or Skill group temporarily by devouring a portion of an enemy; may re-roll failed Toughness Test for drowning/asphyxiation and gain +30 to Toughness Tests made to resist gases (with a re-roll on failed results); may enter suspended animation; re-roll failed Toughness Test to resist poisons and toxins, including attacks with the Toxic Quality; may detect poison or toxin by taste with a successful awareness test; gain +10 to Tracking tests against a target you have tasted; re-roll failed Toughness Tests caused by temperature extremes; may spit acid: range 3m, dam: 1d5, pen: 4, toxic, if you hit target by 3+ DoS the target is blinded for 1d5 rounds; opponents do not gain bonus to hit due to size.

SOLO MODE:

Solo Ability: Favoured Son

SQUAD MODE:

Expenditures:
500 - Autosanguine
400 - Chem-Use

Triggvi

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 14, 2012, 10:34:13 PM
Actually, I take that back: they've been errata'd from incomprehensible wankery into annoying 'why deity why' book keeping.

And don't worry. I've got the Apothecary covered. Flavius Occulus Batiatus, Ultramarines Apothecary will soon be here to serve the Emperor and let all non-Ultramarines know how great the Ultramarines are, how great the Codex is, how Roboute Guilliman single-handedly saved Terra and the Imperium, and that if they too are sufficiently pious and Codex-adherent, they may be worthy enough to accept Marneus Calgar as their spiritual liege.

We need both an Assault Marine and a healer. if I was not so invested in Cornillius I would pick up the Assault marine banner.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Triggvi on August 14, 2012, 01:27:37 PM
It just looked like the trained skills you had a +10. the progression is common (half stat), Trained (full Stat), Stat +10, Stat+20
hopefully this helps. If you want i can read up on the space wolf scout class for a double check. An extra set of eyes is always helpful.

Yeah, looks like I've written my skills a bit off. I'll get them sorted when I have some time.

I think basic skills, you can try even if you don't have the skill itself, but the stat is halved. The advanced skills, you need the training in them or you can't test. The +10 or +20 could go on to either a basic or advanced skill. The layout is a little tricksy.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Triggvi

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 15, 2012, 04:21:45 AM
Yeah, looks like I've written my skills a bit off. I'll get them sorted when I have some time.

I think basic skills, you can try even if you don't have the skill itself, but the stat is halved. The advanced skills, you need the training in them or you can't test. The +10 or +20 could go on to either a basic or advanced skill. The layout is a little tricksy.

A common skill or basic skill can be used at half stat untrained. Advanced skills you must be trained in to used at all. When you are trained in either a basic or advanced skill you roll your full stat for tests and after that you can improve your skill to either stat+10 or 20.

Triggvi

I went ahead and changed Cornillius from a tactical marine to an Assault Marine. He is still a great option for squad Leader with command and air of authority. He brings 7 cohesion instead of 9 now.

He is a fast moving assault marine wearing the Mk 6 Corvus Armor.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=148337.msg6754264#msg6754264

AndyZ

Thanks to Triggvi for help in a properly done sheet.

Devastator Axis

Name:Axis
Nick Name: Axis
Chapter:Dark Angel-Ravenwing
Specialty: Devastator
Chapter Demeanour: Sons of the Lion
Sex:Male
Personal Demeanour: Taciturn
Past: Served in the Ravenwing
Description:

Attributes

StatScore   CB   Adv1Adv2Adv3Adv4Total
WS 35    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 35
BS 50    +5 +5 +0 +0 +0 60
ST 35    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 35
AG 45    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 45
T    45    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 45
INT 45   +5 +0 +0 +0 +0 50
PER 40    +0 +5 +0 +0 +0 45
WP 40    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
FEL 35    +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 35

SkillCommonTrained+10   +20   Total   
Acrobatics(AG)      No     No                       0      
Awareness(PER)      Yes    Yes                        45    
Barter(FEL)                 Yes    No                            17   
Blather (FEL)      No   No         0   
Carouse (T)      Yes   No          22   
Charm (Fel)      Yes   No          17   
Chem-Use (Int)      No   No          0   
Ciphers (Int)      
    Chapter Runes      No   Yes          50   
Climb (S)         Yes   Yes         35   
Command (Fel)      Yes   No         17   
Common Lore (Int)   
    Adeptus Astartes   No    Yes         50   
    Deathwatch      No    Yes         50   
    Imperium      No    Yes         50   
    War         No   Yes         50   
Concealment (Ag)   Yes   Yes         45   
Contortionist (Ag)   Yes   No         22   
Deceive (Fel)      Yes   No         17   
Disguise (Fel)      Yes   No         17   
Dodge (Ag)      Yes   Yes         45   
Drive (Ag)      
    Ground Vehicles   No   Yes         45   
Evaluate   (Int)      Yes   No         22   
Forbidden Lore (Int)   
    Xenos         No   Yes         50   
Inquiry (Fel)      Yes   No         17   
Intimidate (S)      Yes   Yes         35   
Literacy (Int)      No   Yes         50   
Logic (Int)      Yes   No         25   
Medicae (Int)      No   No         0   
Navigation (Int)      
   Surface         No   Yes         50   
Performer (Fel)      
Pilot (Ag)         
             No   No         0   
Scholasic Lore (Int)   
    Codex Astartes      No   Yes         50   
Scrutiny (Per)      Yes   No         22   
Search (Per)      Yes   No         22   
Secret Tongue (Int)   
Silent Move (Ag)      Yes   Yes         45   
Speak Language (Int)   
   High Gothic      No   Yes         50   
   Low Gothic      No   Yes         50   
Swim (S)         Yes   No         17   
Tactics (Int)      
    Assault Doctrine    No   Yes         50   
Tracking (Int)       No   Yes         50   
Trade (Int)      

Special Abilities/Talents
Unrelenting Devastation
Stoic Defense
Mighty Shot

Basic XP= 12,000
+
Spent xp =900
Total Xp=12,900

Spent XP on

BS Advance200
Per Advance200
Mighty Shot500

Honours

Powered Armor
Mk 7 “Aquila”
+20 ST
+10 Auto Sense
8/10 AP

Powered Armor History:
1. Gorge from the mk8 (on a head hit roll 8,9,10 in hits the body instead)
Hit Locations

Head     R. Arm     L. Arm     Chest     R. Leg     L. Leg     
AP 8AP 8AP 8AP 10AP 8AP 8
Astertes Heavy Bolter

Bolt1d10+12   x     5 150m   S/--/660full

Astartes Bolt Pistol

Astartes Combat Knife

Melee1d10+8  R     2 ----  ---  -------
   Special:

Krak Grenadesx3

Thrown3d10+4   x     6 24m   S/--/---------
   Special:

Frag Grenadesx3

Thrown2d20+2   x    0 24m   S/--/---------

Repair Cement               

Packpack Ammo               
Trapping - Nightwing Robe

Fate 3
Wounds 23

Movement

half         4/5*
full          8/10*
Charge12/15*
Run      24/30*
*Movement in powered armor (+1 Powered Armor)

Basic Space Marine Talents& Traits
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapon Training
Bulging Biceps
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Deathwatch Training
Unarmed Warrior      

Triggvi

It looks like our dynamic has changed a bit.
The kill team as it stands now

1. Novamarine Assault Marine
2. Ultramarine Tactical marine
3. Ultramarine Apothecary
4. Dark Angel Devastator
5. Space Wolf Scout Marine

the only thing left we need is a techmarine.

ChaoticSky

ShadowFox89

I'm waffling around a bit on if I still want to be playing in this... might not have time for so many games :-\
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cold Heritage

Triggvi

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 15, 2012, 08:58:15 PM
I'm going to drop.

dude, why? I hope I wasn't stepping on your toes? I wish the best either if you stay or not.

Triggvi

If cold heritage wants to drop I guess Darkling and shadowfox89 are up. Gm being the guy with the final decision.

ChaoticSky

If Prim lets me in, i can pick up the dropped Apo role.

Or a Assault or Tech, depending on the groups preference.

Triggvi

Quote from: Darkling on August 15, 2012, 10:37:51 PM
If Prim lets me in, i can pick up the dropped Apo role.

Or a Assault or Tech, depending on the groups preference.

if it where me I would vote for either a techmarine or an apothecary. We do have most of the rest of the position covered.

Primarch

Quote from: Cold Heritage on August 15, 2012, 08:58:15 PM
I'm going to drop.

Fair enough mate, its your decision. Good luck with future games.

Quote from: Darkling on August 15, 2012, 03:51:46 PM
*whistles innocently*

Your up, get a character sheet up ASAP please. I'd like to start IC quite soon.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on August 15, 2012, 07:34:03 PM
I'm waffling around a bit on if I still want to be playing in this... might not have time for so many games :-\

Don't take this the wrong way ShadowFox but if your still unsure by now I don't think its a good idea to proceed forward. I'm looking for interested, dedicated players. Could ruin everyone's fun if people drop out due to time restrictions after a few posts.

For the rest of you. Character thread, get your stats up please. Armour histories on the way. It'll be set in the bondage board, solely because its more likely you'll be taken prisoner over anything else.

Primarch

AndyZ: (1 roll)
Mk 8 elements: Provides Mk 8 gorget with a chance to deflect shots.

Cannibalised: Left leg replaced with Mk 5, Chest replaced with Mk 5

Mk 7 Elements: Replace chest piece with Mk 7 chest.

Muse: (1 roll)
A fury like lightning: +5 Ag, +1 initiative

Thy strength be legend: +10 Strength (added after Unnatural strength)

Terror be thy friend: Fear (1) in melee

HairyHeretic: (2 rolls)
Options 1
Cower not before the enemy: -20 on all silent moves & concealment checks, +10 to command

None shall escape the Emperor's Wrath: +5 BS, -10 dodge in melee

To forget is to forgive, forget nothing: Gain Hatred (Choose any)

Options 2
Undefeated: +10 pinning & fear tests, reduces Kill-team cohesion by 1. Every time character retreats + 10 bonus's are reduced by 1 permanently.

Last Survivor: Gain an extra fate point at the start of every mission, lose it if not spent.

A Hero's Spirit: In Solo Mode gain +15 WS, +15 BS, immune to fear & pinning. After combat gain 3d10 Insanity Points

Triggvi (2 rolls)
Options 1:
Gauntlets of Xirion: Gloves replaced with Mk4 version (AP7). +10 WS, +5 Fel bonus when dealing with anyone loyal to the Imperium

Mk5 Elements: Left shoulderpad AP8

Pauldrons of Fury: Mk 4 shoulder pads. Arms provide AP7, +10 Strength

Options 2:
Free choice of table Standard/Battle Scars/Legends of War/Skill of the Artificer

Triggvi

Quote from: Primarch on August 16, 2012, 07:37:58 AM
Triggvi (2 rolls)
Options 1:
Gauntlets of Xirion: Gloves replaced with Mk4 version (AP7). +10 WS, +5 Fel bonus when dealing with anyone loyal to the Imperium

Mk5 Elements: Left shoulderpad AP8

Pauldrons of Fury: Mk 4 shoulder pads. Arms provide AP7, +10 Strength

Options 2:
Free choice of table Standard/Battle Scars/Legends of War/Skill of the Artificer
I am going to to go with option 1 sounds like fun

Primarch

No, you pick 1 of the 3 from option one and then pick one of the tables on option 2.

When you roll on the armour tables you can pick what you roll and either the option one step up or down, so I'm giving you the option of the 3.

Triggvi

Quote from: Primarch on August 16, 2012, 09:44:54 AM
No, you pick 1 of the 3 from option one and then pick one of the tables on option 2.

When you roll on the armour tables you can pick what you roll and either the option one step up or down, so I'm giving you the option of the 3.

ok, cool. How do we handle the lower AP of the gauntlets compared to the rest of the arm?

AndyZ

Quote from: Primarch on August 16, 2012, 07:37:58 AM
AndyZ: (1 roll)
Mk 8 elements: Provides Mk 8 gorget with a chance to deflect shots.

Cannibalised: Left leg replaced with Mk 5, Chest replaced with Mk 5

Mk 7 Elements: Replace chest piece with Mk 7 chest.

Um...what do these mean?

Triggvi

Quote from: AndyZ on August 16, 2012, 12:01:24 PM
Um...what do these mean?
you get to choose one of the three options for your Aquila Mk7 armor.

I would assume you would go with the mk8 gorge. It means that a certain percentage of hit to the head to to the chest plate instead.

ChaoticSky

Whee salamander apo! For those who wanted a techmarine, do not fear! for my chapter advances give me some techuse stuff, so i should be able to do most of the techmariney stuff too. Everything is done except my description, waiting on my armour histories so i can weave them into the story.

Apothecary Daun

Name: Daun
Chapter: Salamander
Speciality: Apothecary
Chapter Demeanour: Promethean Cult
Personal Demeanour: Stoic
Past: The Time of Trials
Deed: Protector of the Chapter (400xp, schol (chym), talented(medi) and +10 markers for handling geenseed)
Description:

Attributes

StatAllocCBAdv1Adv2Adv3Adv4Total
WS 40 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
BS 30 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 30
ST 50 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 (10)50(+20)
AG 40 +0+0 +0 +0 +0 40
T    45 +5 +0 +0 +0 +0 (10)50
INT 45 +5 +0 +0 +0 +0 50
PER 40 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
WP 40 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40
FEL 40 +0 +0 +0 +0 +0 40

Fate 3/3
Wounds 23/23
Fatigue 0

Movement

Half         4/5*
Full        8/10*
Charge12/15*
Run      24/30*
*Movement in powered armour (+1 Powered Armour)

SkillBasicTrained+10   +20   Total   
Acrobatics(AG)          No     No                       0      
Awareness(PER)      Yes    Yes                        40    
Barter(FEL)                 Yes    No                            20    
Blather (FEL)      No   No         0   
Carouse (T)      Yes   No          25   
Charm (Fel)      Yes   No          20   
Chem-Use (Int)      No   No          0   
Ciphers (Int)      
    Chapter Runes      No   Yes          50   
Climb (S)         Yes   Yes         50   
Command (Fel)      Yes   No         20   
Common Lore (Int)   
    Adeptus Astartes   No    Yes         50   
    Deathwatch      No    Yes         50   
    Imperium      No    Yes         50   
    War         No   Yes         50   
Concealment (Ag)   Yes   Yes         40   
Contortionist (Ag)   Yes   No         20   
Deceive (Fel)      Yes   No         20   
Disguise (Fel)      Yes   No         20   
Dodge (Ag)      Yes   Yes         40   
Drive (Ag)      
    Ground Vehicles   No   Yes         40   
Evaluate   (Int)      Yes   No         25   
Forbidden Lore (Int)   
    Xenos         No   Yes         50   
Inquiry (Fel)      Yes   No         20   
Intimidate (S)      Yes   Yes         50   
Literacy (Int)      No   Yes         50   
Logic (Int)      Yes   No         25   
Medicae (Int)      No   Yes         50   
Navigation (Int)      
   Surface         No   Yes         50   
Performer (Fel)      
Pilot (Ag)         
Scholasic Lore (Int)   
    Codex Astartes      No   Yes         50   
    ChymistryNo   Yes         50   
Scrutiny (Per)      Yes   No         20   
Search (Per)      Yes   No         20   
Secret Tongue (Int)   
Silent Move (Ag)      Yes   Yes         40   
Speak Language (Int)   
   High Gothic      No   Yes         50   
   Low Gothic      No   Yes         50   
Swim (S)         Yes   No         25   
Tactics (Int)      
    Assault Doctrine    No   Yes         50   
Tracking (Int)       No   Yes         50   
Trade (Int)      

Traits
Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x2)
Fireborn
Enhance Healing (+1d5 wounds when healing first aid)
Armour History: +1 Kill team base cohesion

Talents
Starting
Ambidextrous
Astartes Weapon Training
Bulging Biceps
Killing Strike
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Psychic Powers, Heat)
True Grit
Unarmed Master
Deathwatch Training
Unarmed Warrior
Talented (Medicae)
Acquired

Honours

Equipment
=Powered Armor
Mk VIII “Errant”
+20 Str
+10 Auto Sense
8/11 AP
-Powered Armor History:
Blood of a Battle Brother: +1 Kill team base cohesion

Hit Locations

Head     R. Arm     L. Arm     Chest     R. Leg     L. Leg     
AP 8AP 8AP 8AP 11AP 8AP 8

=Weapons
-Astartes Bolter

Bolter1d10+9   x     4 100m   S/3/--28full
Upgrades: Fire Selector

-Astartes Bolt Pistol

-Astartes Combat Knife

Melee1d10+10  R     2 ----  ---  -------

-Krak Grenades
Carried: 3

Thrown3d10+4   x     6 30m   S/--/---------

Frag Grenades
Carried: 3

Thrown2d20+2   x    0 30m   S/--/---------

=Misc
-Repair Cement
-Reductor (makes removing progenoid a full action)
-Narthecium (+20 to medicae on SM, Lightly Damaged becomes 3x TB, 2x wounds healed for first aid, can hold 10 shots of drugs)   
-Vigil Braizer (Trapping. at the end of sucessful mission Roll d10 for every earned point of renown, on 10 gain additional point.)

Experience
Current Unspent: 0
Base XP: 12,000
Total Spent: 12,600

Experience Awarded      Date
xxxxxxxx/xx/xx

Spent XP on:
Deed [400] (doesnt count towards progression)
Tech Use [600]

Primarch

@Darkling. Power Armour history.
A) Blood of a Battle Brother: +1 Kill team base cohesion
B) Blood of those who came before: +10 bonus to pinning tests
C) Battered by war: +10 Intimidate, -5 to charm tests

Triggvi

When do we want to get this game started

Primarch

IC is up

Questions should be just related to the mission, Requisition will be handled OOC later on and squad leader will be decided before departure.

AndyZ