Looking for: Small to Large PF group, Players/Dm

Started by OyabunKobold, December 02, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

QuoteBut it *might* contain an outrageous river barrel sequence.

My dwarf is ready!

Blinkin

Ummm... kidnapping? I haven't really seen an overview of the story being offered beyond character creation yet... Unless it got edited into an older post and no one told me to look back 2 or 3 pages, etc.

As far as short solo's, I'm fine with it... but if the equipment I've gone to such effort to purchase is going to disappear... not so sure about things.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

The imprisonment angle is just a device to give some immediate action.
You've been captured. By some happenstance you are able to get free and your stuff is conveniently in the next room.

Again, it was more a suggestion, so feel free to object. Thought it might be interesting than "so one day you all were in the same tavern".

Blinkin

Ah, no problem. I just had a bad experience once with a GM who let the players buy the equipment for their characters, then stole all of it via some super-thief NPC in the first session and we spent the next 6 months in a fruitless attempt to get it back and struggle to put two coppers together.

But, if this bunch can get the stuff back, I'm cool.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Blinkin on January 10, 2015, 11:15:47 PM
Ah, no problem. I just had a bad experience once with a GM who let the players buy the equipment for their characters, then stole all of it via some super-thief NPC in the first session and we spent the next 6 months in a fruitless attempt to get it back and struggle to put two coppers together.

Ugh. Yeah no.
I'm not above a little GM dickery, but I don't do stupid crap like that. I won't steal all your junk, I won't make your fire-specialized mage fight all fire-based monsters, I won't make a campaign where your favored enemies NEVER show up, and I surely won't have a Lawful Good demigod named Captain Story fly down, hold out his hand and shout, "Captain Story says NO!" every time you do something I didn't expect (no, really I know someone who did this).

Also, as another sort of GM oath, I won't do crap to your character like chop off their arm, randomly kill them, in general cheat or fudge rolls or not allow you to make your rightful saves or checks. Nor will I have an NPC rape or otherwise abuse your character.

But, if this bunch can get the stuff back, I'm cool.

Yeah. Again, it's just a set-up. Maybe even so far that your hero auras were on and they didn't bother taking your stuff before locking up.

Karasu

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 10, 2015, 11:41:12 PM
Nor will I have an NPC rape or otherwise abuse your character.

Aww but I was hoping for the DMNPC Rapes :P XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: Karasu on January 10, 2015, 11:50:20 PM
Aww but I was hoping for the DMNPC Rapes :P XD

Yeahhhhhh, not this time around. Sorry all you non-con lovers.

LuciferOs

Perhaps the characters that are approved /done can start - and all be thrown in the same cell, and the late commers are in a different cell (which we can let free when they are all there).

That way we can talk to each other - try and get out etc.
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

LuciferOs

BTW - is there any chance that the first post of the formal OCC or IC threads (or both) can have links to online references for the rules ?

It isn't easy tracking down the posts that have those links.
Active threads

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 11, 2015, 01:08:40 AM
BTW - is there any chance that the first post of the formal OCC or IC threads (or both) can have links to online references for the rules ?

It isn't easy tracking down the posts that have those links.

Yup. I suppose I should get on a formal OOC thread and we can move discussion there.

edit: Oh, one more important matter of business. Languages. Since this isn't a particular setting, just go with racial languages (i.e. the usual ones commonly listed, or associated with another monstrous race not specifically listed there).
Kind of odd but it'll make things smoother.

I thiiiiink that should take care of everything.

nother edit:  Everyone has submitted a character is accepted, but I'm being PMing everyone thus far about any tidbits.
Think it's a good time to close things off (though anyone else who has posted in the thread for interest can still join if they want).

OyabunKobold

Im quickly searching through traits and getting my 3rd one mantis not that itll change much but itll be nice to have. So ill Edit my char sheet before i head off to work with the new trait.

kk there added Influence (sense motive) Fits with my char a bit :3

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Blinkin

Yeah, I had one of those DM's too. He had a set path to follow for the PC's and anything that didn't fit into that path was a "Can't do it." Of course, that DM also set a group of male characters up against a succubus at 1st level and had a nasty habit of pushing a fight with over-whelming enemies until someone was just about to die, then the bad-guys all ran off. Really pissed me off when it looked like the PC's might actually win a fight, for a change, and get it yanked from under them. We got the XP, but it's not all about XP, you know?

Almost as bad as "The World's Biggest Dungeon." That monster was built to be a TPK! In more than 30 years of fantasy role-playing, I've never lost a character a session until I tried that thing... come to think of it, those were the only characters that I ever lost...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Note: Since this was brought to my attention, anyone with Craft skills or something like Scribe Scroll can use that to cut their equipment costs.
Figure it's fair enough since it's not much difference from keeping the cash and then crafting it as soon as we have downtime, so, may as well let you do that.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 05:22:25 AM
Yeah, I had one of those DM's too. He had a set path to follow for the PC's and anything that didn't fit into that path was a "Can't do it." Of course, that DM also set a group of male characters up against a succubus at 1st level and had a nasty habit of pushing a fight with over-whelming enemies until someone was just about to die, then the bad-guys all ran off. Really pissed me off when it looked like the PC's might actually win a fight, for a change, and get it yanked from under them. We got the XP, but it's not all about XP, you know?

Yeah, it's not really something I understand. The only reason I ever try to put PCs on a train is because I want to see what they do to derail it. Same thing with how I love trying to figure out what their expectations and assumptions are and then flip those on them.

QuoteAlmost as bad as "The World's Biggest Dungeon." That monster was built to be a TPK! In more than 30 years of fantasy role-playing, I've never lost a character a session until I tried that thing... come to think of it, those were the only characters that I ever lost...

I can understand the appeal from a... "Dude, what if we had a huge-ass dungeon with every monster in it?" standpoint.
I mean, even the book itself says it's not *really* meant to be a beginning-to-end dunge-a-thon.

OyabunKobold

k im good now mantis

and im more than willing to do the little solo rp before only problem is I gotta head off to work so itll be after I get home >.<

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

LuciferOs

Do we have enough approved characters to start the game ?

The others can jump in when they are ready :P
Active threads

OyabunKobold

Would be kind of cool to have multiple sometimes intersecting groups/solo stories tho would ask a lot for gms

Blinkin

I would rather wait and have the whole group start at one time, if they have solo entrances or not. It doesn't start things off on someone feeling slighted because they weren't in on the first round of post.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Awful lot of aasimar in this group.
Some of you non-aasimar might be entitled to a couple extra racial perks to help balance it out.
And I think everyone interested had a character in... everyone that's been posting in the past couple pages.
So we should be good to start here pretty soon.

Anyway. Which forum should put the OOC and IC threads in?

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 11, 2015, 05:21:23 PM
Anyway. Which forum should put the OOC and IC threads in?

Depends on how detailed you would like it.

The higher the forum rating the more gory detail you can put into a post. that's Usually why I do the highest rating in Fanfics I write even if i never actually use it.

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on January 11, 2015, 05:21:23 PM
Awful lot of aasimar in this group.
Some of you non-aasimar might be entitled to a couple extra racial perks to help balance it out.
And I think everyone interested had a character in... everyone that's been posting in the past couple pages.
So we should be good to start here pretty soon.

Interested in what kind of racial perks you speak of that would be in use.

I doubt I will get any to be honest being a Custom RP 10 race as it is changing it up much more would be unusual at best.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on January 11, 2015, 06:00:29 PM
Depends on how detailed you would like it.

The higher the forum rating the more gory detail you can put into a post. that's Usually why I do the highest rating in Fanfics I write even if i never actually use it.

Interested in what kind of racial perks you speak of that would be in use.

Well, I'll leave that to consensus of the players.

And yeah, I dunno. Stuff listed under alternate traits in the race guide. I just want to make sure no one feels sore over race inequality.

Chulanowa

Meh, I'm playing a dwarf. I'm already the most awesome race in this game, I don't need to add to that baggage by being more powerful. Give the foofy teacher's pet race their chance to compete.  ;D

Blinkin

Am I playing the only human in the party?

I wouldn't mind having something minor like low-light vision or an exotic weapon prof. ;) Of course, that means that my traits would have to change a little, but if you're giving out free perks, I'm not proud. llol

On teamwork feats, since we all seem to of made it in and things haven't started yet, I'm willing to talk about a teamwork feat if someone wants to do one.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

OyabunKobold

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
On teamwork feats, since we all seem to of made it in and things haven't started yet, I'm willing to talk about a teamwork feat if someone wants to do one.

Only teamwork feat i can think up off hand is the Stealth one but outside of me and a few choice others there isnt a whole lot that someone would gain from a decent stealth pooled amongst the group.

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Any of our aasimar care to throw out what kind of celestial they might have had as an ancestor?

Quote from: Blinkin on January 11, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
exotic weapon prof. ;)

Maybe if you plan on dual-wielding a whip... :P

LuciferOs

Would it be acceptable if my character

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218781.msg10876774#msg10876774

had an ancestor that was a descendant of Arshea ?

http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Arshea

It would explain the favoritism shown towards her by the temple.
Active threads