Evolution Game/rpg [Cellular Stage!]

Started by Soaring Knight, April 11, 2017, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soaring Knight

Hi! I don't know if this fits here. If there's a better spot to put this, let me know! I figured it was definitely a forum game on a thread, so I think that it works here. This is not your ordinary game! You don't post back and forth rapidly counting up or down. Instead, it boils down to this: We are going to evolve a creature and a world together! If all things went well and we stayed active, theoretically we could move from being a single celled organism [our starting point!] to a galaxy spanning empire! I will reveal more and more information as time goes on for us, and as our creature becomes more and more developed and capable of the information. So for example: I won't describe colors until our eyes can see them. The game will have five stages: Cellular, Creature, Tribal, Civilization, Space.

I'll just leave the rest out for now so I don't overwhelm anyone! Also, I may give people a supervote if I think they have provided some very valuable discussion, they have helped me greatly in some way, or they are a dedicated player! A supervote will double your voting power! I will update at least once a day, or after a significant number of votes. Because this is also an interest test, we'll just say that after six votes, I reserve the right to update at my discretion. You may only vote once! You may change your vote. Once I have begun to prepare my update the vote will be final, so votes after I have begun the next write will not be counted. In the event of a tie, we'll solve it in three ways:

1) Re-vote; all players must vote for one of those two options, in case there were third or fourth options taking votes.
2) Random roll OR I'll vote myself!

With all that said let me post the very first update! All questions can be posted on the thread or PMed to me. Free discussion about the game, options, etc. may take place here! I hope people see this, play this, and have fun! Suggestions are welcome! You could think of this as  CYOA thing, almost.

A Miracle

Name: Unknown/Undecided
Description: A tiny, microscopic single cell organism.
Size/Weight: Microscopic
Feeding Method: Feeding on the nutrients in the water (As updates pass, we'll be able to change this.)
Movement Type: Swim

Environment

Creatures
-Predatory cells (there are two kinds, but we can't tell the difference)
-Non-predatory cells (two kinds; one seem easy prey, the other seems stationary.)

Stats: [This keeps track of how our creature is progressing. As we become more advanced, totals will increase and new categories will appear. Each evolution will change this section in some way.)
Brain: 1/10 [Senses total can't exceed brain total; cellular stage can end after a certain size and brain requirement.]
Sight: n/a [Nothing to function as eyes.]
Touch: 1/5 [Our cell can vaguely sense movements in the water.]
Hearing: n/a [Not possible in cell stage; Touch will fulfill this role]
Smell: n/a [Nothing to work like a nose in the Cell stage]
Taste: 0/5 [Our cell can't tell what it just absorbed, or if its poisonous.]
Speed: 1/25
Control: 1/25
Attack: 1/25
Defense: 1/25

On a faraway world, a miracle happened. The molten core hardened into a crust, and a large comet of ice collided with the planet; a miracle happened. Water began to form in large pools, in the atmosphere... and the miracle of life took place. We are tiny, and we aren't the first. But we are destined for something grater; a tiny, blank cell feeding off the nutrients of the water. What is the first step for this budding young organism? The world is a mystery to us, and we move more by drifting than anything else. The decisions made here are crucial to the future development of this specimen.

Adapt to survive. The world is changing. How do you wish to evolve?

A) Increase activity in the nucleus[brain], allowing for more senses.
B ) Grow cilia around us, increasing our control and speed. Control will increase more.
C) Grow a flagella, to increase speed and control. Speed will benefit more.
D) Develop a sour taste, which will deter some predators. (This is a very basic poison)
E) Grow a small projection on the head, which can be used to ward off some predators if we are intelligent enough.
F) Toughen our outer skin, which will make it harder for some predators to eat us.
G) Develop improved organelles, to make our digestion easier and more efficient.
H) Increase in size from tiny to small, slowing us down and making it harder for us to control our movement, but we'll be stronger and harder to prey upon.

Evolution is only half of it. What will we do?
A) Try to feed on the larger predatory cells, which could feed us for a long time.
B ) Try feeding on the small non-predatory cell. We'll need to eat more, but it will be less dangerous.
C) Try feeding on the larger, non-predatory cells. They seem to be stationary.
D) Explore the pool. This could turn up new species, predator or prey.
E) Focus solely on reproducing. [Essentially a 'do nothing' vote.]

Soaring Knight

This second post is reserved by me for two things: to keep an index of all the updates, and any special rules or rule changes.

By the way: when we upgrade our brain, the next update will ask what sense we wish to increase. the update after that will feature our new sense!

Other than that, this post is empty until further notice!

Chronoclasm

I'll bite. But not very hard as we haven't evolved any teeth yet.

My votes will be for ...

1) A is for ADAPTING TO SURVIVE:
I vote A. This nucleus thing seems like it could be important. Let's invest some of our nutrients there. I mean, come on, it's kind of central to our body, so why not make it central to our life?

2) A is for ASSERTIVE BEHAVIOR, BECAUSE LADY CELLS DIG CONFIDENCE:
I vote for A. A cell's gotta eat, and this nucleus thing needs a lot of energy. Besides, it's a cell-eat-cell world out there. Why shouldn't we be the apex predator?
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

RedPhoenix

Oooh I love these I hope this works out!

I am voting for

1) B - we need to zip around and get away from stuff and catch food! We can be smart when we start going k-type!

2) B - eat the yummy small cells! They won't fight back and we can grow big and strong! :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Jazra

Ons & Offs
Absences

Boy, “If I and a slice of pizza fall in the water, which do you save?

Girl, wipes grease off her chin, “Why'd you let my pizza fall in the water?”

Soaring Knight

Hi guys! Thank you for voting! Be sure to bookmark this, so you can see when it's updated. I'm focusing hard on RL responsibilities right now, but I can afford time to update this since it's less of a roleplay and more of a game/narrative.

With that said, the winning votes are A/B.

A Miracle

Name: Unknown/Undecided
Description: A tiny, microscopic single cell organism.
Size/Weight: Microscopic
Feeding Method: Feeding on the nutrients in the water (As updates pass, we'll be able to change this.)
Movement Type: Swim

Environment

Creatures
-Predatory cells (there are two kinds, but we can't tell the difference)
-Non-predatory cells (four kinds; one seem easy prey, the other seems stationary, and two seem harder to catch and smaller.)

Stats: [This keeps track of how our creature is progressing. As we become more advanced, totals will increase and new categories will appear. Each evolution will change this section in some way.)
Brain: 3/10 [Senses total can't exceed brain total; cellular stage can end after a certain size and brain requirement.]
Sight: n/a [Nothing to function as eyes.]
Touch: 1/5 [Our cell can vaguely sense movements in the water.]
Hearing: n/a [Not possible in cell stage; Touch will fulfill this role]
Smell: n/a [Nothing to work like a nose in the Cell stage]
Taste: 0/5 [Our cell can't tell what it just absorbed, or if its poisonous.]
Speed: 1/25
Control: 1/25
Attack: 1/25
Defense: 1/25

Our cell ate and ate! It was a difficult task, since we were practically waiting to bump into something that was smaller than us. Our cell mutated, though -- and this mutation helped us. It was a smarter cell, the sort of cell that had greater capacity for growth and the ability to prioritize a smaller kind of prey. These cells focused on one of the smaller ones in our ecosystem, and we consumed them with little issue. It was a safe and easy existence, and provided us the much needed nutrients to continue to support our more complex nucleus. There were worse ways to be than the way we were right now!

A) Increase activity in the nucleus[brain], allowing for more senses.
B ) Grow cilia around us, increasing our control and speed. Control will increase more.
C) Grow a flagella, to increase speed and control. Speed will benefit more.
D) Develop a sour taste, which will deter some predators. (This is a very basic poison)
E) Grow a small projection on the head, which can be used to ward off some predators if we are intelligent enough.
F) Toughen our outer skin, which will make it harder for some predators to eat us.
G) Develop improved organelles, to make our digestion easier and more efficient.
H) Increase in size from tiny to small, slowing us down and making it harder for us to control our movement, but we'll be stronger and harder to prey upon.

A) Try to feed on the larger predatory cells, which could feed us for a long time.
B ) Try feeding on more, small cells!
C) Try feeding on the larger, non-predatory cells. They seem to be stationary.
D) Explore the pool. This could turn up new species, predator or prey.
E) Focus solely on reproducing, making our next evolution choice more drastic and powerful.

Senses are important, too!
PICK TWO!
A) Develop our sense of sight, giving us basic photo-reception.
B) Develop our sense of touch, enhancing our ability to detect vibrations and direction.
C) Develop our sense of taste, potentially allowing us to detect poison.

[You may vote for the same option TWICE when dealing with senses!]

Blythe

This is a super cool thread--bookmarking!  :D

So my votes are......

D - because I don't want the awesome critter to get nommed!

E - bow chika wow wow

B - seems important!
C - don't have to taste its own sour taste though, right? <_<

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out--I love these sorts of threads!

Jazra

While I didn't read Blythe's choices before deciding my own, I do see we have similar tastes in nasty tastes and nymphomaniac cells.

D) Develop a sour taste, which will deter some predators.

E) Focus solely on reproducing.

PICK TWO!

A) Develop our sense of sight; and

C) Develop our sense of taste.
Ons & Offs
Absences

Boy, “If I and a slice of pizza fall in the water, which do you save?

Girl, wipes grease off her chin, “Why'd you let my pizza fall in the water?”

RedPhoenix

Yay! Go little cell! :D

Adapt to survive. The world is changing. How do you wish to evolve?[/u]
B) Grow cilia around us, increasing our control and speed. Control will increase more.

We must be the drifters in this fast and furious microscopic world!!

E) Focus solely on reproducing, making our next evolution choice more drastic and powerful.

More cells! More mutations! Better chance to live!

PICK TWO!
B) Develop our sense of touch, enhancing our ability to detect vibrations and direction.
C) Develop our sense of taste, potentially allowing us to detect poison.

Eyes are for multi-celled jerks! We need these first! :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Chronoclasm

Well, well. We're getting better every day, cell brothers and cell sisters. And we're growing our pantheon of gods and goddesses with more participating deities. I suppose we'd better keep evolving.

Let's see. This round my votes are going to go to:

QuoteAdapt to survive. The world is changing. How do you wish to evolve?
B) Grow cilia around us, increasing our control and speed. Control will increase more.

Like RedPhoenix, I feel like avoiding being eaten works out better for us than simply tasting gross when something does decide to eat us! Having control over the path we take in life is key.

"The obstacle is the path."

"When the student is ready, the master appears."

... besides, let's really think about this for a moment: We can do underwater back-flips if we have cilia.

QuoteEvolution is only half of it. What will we do?

Sigh. Well, I guess this is Elliquiy after all. We'll explore ya later, world.

QuoteSenses are important, too!
PICK TWO!

I'm doubling up on touch. I want to be able to say "my cilia sense is tingling!" before web-slinging away. Besides, we'll put on weight if we figure out that food tastes amazing. What about our cellular figures?
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges