(Gauging Interest) Cyborg Evaluation/Competition

Started by Inerrant Lust, January 16, 2015, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Though initially posited as a solo, this idea spawned a rather novel idea.

In the distant future, the government has decided it needs a new suite of cybernetic implants/prosthesis to replace its aging arsenal. If you are familiar with the Advanced Tactical Fighter program, or Macross Plus (which borrowed the same premise), it's exactly that... except with cyborgs.

Essentially, the government/military/what-have-you pits two or more companies against each-other in a series of evaluations and trials. Could be combat, could be infiltration, could be data/intelligence collection and retention. Could be a bunch of things, but essentially... whichever prototype suite outperforms the other will be declared the new standard for the military, and the company that built it will be awarded the contract to manufacture it.

I am committed to a certain concept that I would like to play, as one of the cyborgs... so we may need someone to assume the role of the 'GM' (though this is still gauging interest.. and I might use this idea for a solo..) but I've also posited the idea to wander to see what he thinks of running this as a group game.

But for now, I see that there a variety of characters you could play...
A competitor equipped with the advanced cybernetic implants/prosthesis.
One of the competitor's maintainers/overseers. A member of the company pushing that prototype suite.
A member of the evaluation team, the military or government or whatnot. (Though the GM would probably assume this role the most)
Someone else interested in the program... Think Myung if you've seen Macross Plus. :P

I intend for this plot of a trial and evaluation to just be a premise, the backdrop for more personal story-lines. The character I have in mind has quite a few plot threads of her own which don't rely upon this concept..

So for now, this is gauging interest as I mull over whether or not I want to do this as a solo game or a group game. Though in either case, I don't intend to 'GM' it... It will probably depend on what kind of ideas you posit here, if I see any characters I can't resist playing with. ;)