News:

Main Menu

RIP Captain Lou Albano

Started by thebobmaster, October 15, 2009, 01:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebobmaster

For those of you who have not heard of this man, he was a wrestling manager for about 35 years combined, and played Mario in the live action portion of "The Super Mario Bros. Super Show". However, his most impressive achievement was leading 15 teams to the WWF Tag Team Championships. Well, now that you know who the man was, I regret to inform you that he died today at the age of 76 of "natural causes" at his home. Even if you don't like wrestling, please don't come into this topic to express how much of a faker he was.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Chevalier des Poissons

Oh, I remember that show.

RIP =/
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

The Overlord

Oh crap...not Captain Lou. RIP.  :-(

All Powerful Nateboi

He got a send off on my radio show last night. The "You've brought joy and fantasy into the world, and will be missed" send off, where I play Puff the Magic Dragon followed by The Rainbow Connection.

Because that man did help bring wonder and fantasy into the world, and helped spread joy and happiness.

God speed, Super Mario.

The Overlord

I hadn't realized he was that old...76 means in his heyday with Cindy Lauper he was already past 50.

thebobmaster

Quote from: The Overlord on October 15, 2009, 04:08:49 PM
I hadn't realized he was that old...76 means in his heyday with Cindy Lauper he was already past 50.

And in his mid-50's when he was Mario.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Oniya

I expect Vince will ring the bell for him.  Might even let Joe come out and say a few words.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Spookie Monster

I have a soft spot for this guy.  R.I.P....

Spel

So come on -- come on -- now he's got a great thing going...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~