Haruki's Role Play Cravings (Updated 1/1/10 )

Started by Haruki, October 29, 2009, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

I'm going to close this request, for I'm putting together a new one that will better suit my long-term, board-based cravings, than some short-term, self-serving fantasies of mine.

Stay tuned.  Appreciate the patience.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Haruki

I'll take constructive suggestions from you folks as well.  As I said, I'm not new to the whole RP scene, but it seems the way people ask for things here is a bit different than what I've been used to for the last 10-some-odd years.

Just trying to gauge what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong that needs to be tweaked, so I don't wind up with 100 views, but no bites to my bait.

Appreciate it in advance.
=====
My Introduction
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====

Haruki

Hmm, then again, maybe this ISN'T going to work so well.  I may wind up needing to lock this one and give it another try some other time.  I guess you folks need sample material to judge if I'm worth your time.

Apologies to the 160 who viewed my request so far, for wasting your time.  *bows*
=====
My Introduction
=====

Oni Kirin

Actually, my friend, it is not necessarily about "wasting one's time". Some might think you are a woman due to your screen name, while others might have misclicked, and still others might be reading it, thinking it would be great to do, but they currently do not have the time. Do not lock it, let it be here for a day or two longer, and I am certain someone would be more than happy to respond and play alongside of you!

Haruki

Quote from: Oni Kirin on November 01, 2009, 07:47:59 PM
Actually, my friend, it is not necessarily about "wasting one's time". Some might think you are a woman due to your screen name, while others might have misclicked, and still others might be reading it, thinking it would be great to do, but they currently do not have the time. Do not lock it, let it be here for a day or two longer, and I am certain someone would be more than happy to respond and play alongside of you!

Mm, you are right.  I guess my flaw of impatience is rearing its ugly head.  As they say, and I've said it to others on the Introduction board's 'Doormat' as they wait for the approval process to finish...... "Patience will be rewarded."

I should live by my own words sometimes.  *nods*

I'll keep this around a while then.  See what materializes.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Oni Kirin

Glad to hear it. ^_^ Unfortunately I, myself, prefer to RP with women, unless it is a group setting, then it's all sorts of fun. I hope you find someone soon, and just reading over your descriptions of your plot ideas proves that you have decent grammar, spelling, and imagination, so I am certain someone soon will be along. ^_^ Good luck in your search!

Haruki

Oh I know.  That's perfectly fine.  I 'prefer' to play with the fairer sex as well, but I also want to see what else may come about if I kept things a bit more open-ended.

Thanks for the advice / encouragement.  I shouldn't be so impatient and give up so easily.

Anywhoo....alright, leaving this be for a time then.  'Bumping' is discouraged, as the sticky says, so...yeah.  *scurries away to leave this thread alone for a long while*
=====
My Introduction
=====

Vice

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Doomsday

Interested in Best Friends or Foreign Exchange Student. Leaning heavily towards Best Friends but FES would be my backup in case you're overloaded on BF. Send me a PM if you'd like to play.

Also, I think when you first posted this thread it was really vague, if I remember right. If I remember right, you linked to your website and basically said "Any of this stuff is fine", but I perused it and wasn't even sure what I was looking for. Your format now is fine, very much more user friendly :-)

Haruki

Quote from: Darkly Dreaming Doomsday on November 02, 2009, 01:37:11 AM
Interested in Best Friends or Foreign Exchange Student. Leaning heavily towards Best Friends but FES would be my backup in case you're overloaded on BF. Send me a PM if you'd like to play.

I"ll let someone else take up the Foreign Student idea, but I appreciate the thought.

QuoteAlso, I think when you first posted this thread it was really vague, if I remember right. If I remember right, you linked to your website and basically said "Any of this stuff is fine", but I perused it and wasn't even sure what I was looking for. Your format now is fine, very much more user friendly :-)

I'm doing my best in that area, though you are right.  I have things to learn yet....like not being afraid of just coming out with my ideas.  The wost that could happen is for someone to turn it down politely.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

Whoohoo!  Finally figured out some way to present my long-craved idea.  See the new entry above in the first post.

I just hope it bites like some others have.  Thanks to everyone so far for the help and for your patience.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

Still got some ideas on the table for the choosing.  I'm also trying to see what may also be DOA.  Whatever isn't plucked by the time I possibly close this, won't be brought up again.  Understandably, some of these ideas are just not workable for a solo game, but I had to see what would take off.

Just reply to this thread or toss me a PM.....you know the drill.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

O/o's related to my request here are updated, and I added a few new things to the lists.  I also have a new means in which I'll play with you, furthering our options.

Just seeing also if anyone else would be interested.  Mainly for the newcomers, since lots of vets are in the middle of other games.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

I'm putting specific emphasis towards the 3rd (cosplay) setup.  I've been craving this one rather bad, odd of an idea as it is.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

Just some slight modifications here.  Nothing major.  I'm still looking for these things.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving and all.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

I hope people are still interested.  If not, I'll need to pull out the big guns I guess.  For that, I removed the 'premade' section.  I'll make it into its own request where I can better explain what I want.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

I've been slow around here lately.  Just so much going on.  When things get less hectic, I'm probably going to start up a new request for RP that has more to it.  I guess this set of ideas are either too weird for people, or just not doable.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

Things are still hectic and all, and I'm just looking for short spurts of RP for the time being.
=====
My Introduction
=====

Haruki

B-day today.  Hopefully someone can give me what I'm wishing for here.
=====
My Introduction
=====