News:

Main Menu

McNopoly

Started by Paradox, October 19, 2008, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

I like Wendy's....... or Subway.   :P

Oniya

I'd imagine no matter where you work in the food industry, you'd end up preferring to eat somewhere else.  After all, there's only so many times you can eat at a given place before you're sick of it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paradox

Yeah Ashlee, but I meant when does the new week start? Sunday, Monday?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ashleebabe

I wish I could tell you but each McDonald's has their delivery truck days different.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Paradox

Oh okay. I was merely curious. Thanks!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ashleebabe

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Caity

I bet they have these pieces on eBay.  You can get anything on eBay.  :P

Caity

Ha.. there are.  :P  Pretty pricey too. 

Paradox

Ehh....that kind of ruins the fun of it for me. I enjoy the element of chance and surprise. It's not about the winning, though that is my ultimate goal; besides, I could probably just buy a crapload of fries and obtain the piece that way for the same price that they're selling it for on E-bay.

Mathim

It's kind of pointless to go into McDonald's trying to win the prizes. That's like injecting trans fat into your heart while purchasing a lottery ticket. I just happened to get a ticket and a free medium fries when I went there out of convenience a few weeks ago. I'd never go there and get something hoping to win anything.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Paradox

Funny you should say that, considering I just bought four bucks worth of lottery tickets.

Either way, I could eat McDonalds all day long and still be alright. I work my ass off on a daily basis. Anything I eat is quickly transformed into energy to fuel that work; even so, I still try to avoid fast food. My girlfriend enjoys the hash browns, and I enjoy the McNopolgy, so it's a win-win situation.

On the other hand, I should probably buy something besides hash browns and coffee next time I visit. I have three Baltic Avenues, two Marvin Gardens, and two Arch Avenues (a fictitious monopoly location created for the game), all from the hash brown packages. I have a number of other pieces as well.

Hey Ashlee, did y'all recently change the price of hash browns? I used to receive two for a dollar; whereas today, I only received one per dollar.

Ashleebabe

Well we did in my town. They are like 1.62 for two

Moondazed

You people need to read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlesser ;)

*high tailing it*
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Paradox

I have read it, Moonypoo! I did a report on it for a Sociology class last year.

I still enjoy McDonalds for the nostalgia of my childhood that eating there brings me.

Paradox

I went to McDonalds this morning and entered the drive-through. I ordered two hash browns and a medium coffee for a total of $2.55. (Ashlee- apparently this particular location hasn't raised their price on hash browns yet; they were still two for a dollar!). I drove around, gave the lady exact change, drove forward to the second window where another girl handed me a bag with my delicious hash browns (not burnt to a crisp like yesterdays), and a medium coffee. I started to pull off, then noticed that my coffee cup was missing its monopoly pieces. It was one of the old cups that never had them to begin with. I put the car in reverse and backed up to the window, where I asked the lady "YOU TRYIN' TO SLACK ME ON MY PIECES, AIN'T YOU BITCH!?", "Pardon me mam, but do you have any cups with the monopoly pieces on them?" She responded with "Uh yeah, the medium and large coffees and medium and large fountain drinks", to which I replied "Well I ordered a medium coffee, but the cup doesn't have any pieces on it." She seemed flustered, apologized, and dug around to hand me an empty, beat-up looking coffee cup with the pieces I deserved on it.

Ten bucks says she was trying to keep that cup for herself by giving me the bare cup instead.

Paradox

Oh! On a related note, I received a Park Place from the hash browns!!

I'll be buying McDonalds every damned day now in the (probably vain) hope that I'll find Boardwalk and win that fresh million dollars.

Oniya

Many years ago, Mad Magazine did a piece on the use of * in advertising.  One that I remember involved a 'Collect and Win' style of contest, where the fine print on the fictitious product announced:

'The five "E" pieces will be shipped to Tibet.  To avoid the chance of anyone visiting Tibet and finding one, they will also be sent third-class, so as to arrive three years after the contest is over.'

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Paradox

Hahaha, I used to love reading Mad Magazine. I have a huge archive of the issues, but I don't remember ever seeing that one. I'll have to go back and look.

Oniya

I'm pretty sure it was Mad.  There's a slim possibility that it might have been Cracked, but we didn't get as many of that one.  It's also probable that it dates back into the 70's, when my older siblings were collecting more avidly, or that it's in one of the actual book collections.

Inkidu

I can see Paradox adding a few pounds in the future, or feeding homeless people. You wouldn't trow away good food would you? By good I don't really mean good, but edible and life giving. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

Shame on you for not reading the whole thread, Inkidu! I already said that I work off any McDonalds that I eat, and I give the rest to homeless folks.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sofa on October 22, 2008, 10:20:25 AM
Shame on you for not reading the whole thread, Inkidu! I already said that I work off any McDonalds that I eat, and I give the rest to homeless folks.
Well good... What's with the name change?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

It's 2009, and McDonalds' Monopoly is back!

Who is planning on playing this time around?

Serephino

My boyfriend works at McDonalds so I can't.  I'm not supposed to eat at McDonalds period, but I do once in a while anyway.  There are 3 different stores in the area so I just go to a different one than the the one he works at.  He doesn't like giving them their money back.

And no, they don't get free food, or they're technically not supposed to anyway.  They get a 50% discount.  However, most managers he works with don't care if you make yourself a sandwich for lunch or something as long as you don't go overboard.   

Ashleebabe

I wonder where he works because I used to be a manager at McDonalds and we always got a free meal with our shift. No matter what. Anywho, since I no longer work htere, I'm playing and I know the cheats from before. LOL