News:

Main Menu

Sony Defence Force

Started by Sabby, January 10, 2008, 12:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

www.sonydefenseforce.com

This is a website that claims to give 'true' gaming reviews and articles, and are not payed off in any way give favorable scores and opinions. That sounds like a good thing... no one likes it when a journalist sells out. But SDF is a raving joke. Never have I heard such crap, such biased, shameless promotion. The entire website is loaded with hilariously one sided reviews.

All Xbox 360 games receive incredibly low scores, like 1s and 2s (Mass Effect got a 2 I think) in these articles, the reader is constantly reminded that "It would have done better on PS3!" or to quote PS3 exclusives that are better. Like they're game of the year... Lair! The Mario 64 of our time!

Pretty much everything on the PS3 has received a glowing score of 9 or 10, and there are charts that show SDF's predictions of future sales, with PS3 going up almost vertically, and Wii and 360 taking a horrible plummet.

This website is a joke, an insult to gaming and journalism. As stupid as Sony has been lately, not even they are dumb enough to hire these kids to write up this stuff, so its either they know they're talking out they're asses, or really are such biased little fanboys, they actually believe the dribble they call writing.

Have a look and prepare to laugh. Everythings better on Blu-Ray! =D

Mia

What can you expect... it is Sony... the company from hell... The one that doesn't want people to buy their products because they hate them...

Sorry I'm rambling... that "name" does that to me since one of their CD caused my computer to get seriously ill.
I would like to meet the woman that invented sex to see what she is working on now.

ON and OFF: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8615.0

ZK

I actually happen to enjoy my PS3 and PS2 console systems... and yes, I even own a 360 and Wii. But that website is a horrible joke... sad but true. *shakes head*
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

kongming

It's possible they're actually anti-Sony spies, because let's face it, that site makes Sony look bad.

But I have to say, even though I hear it's generally good, Mass Effect seriously isn't the holy grail people claim it to be. Some reviewers at least were honest in pointing out the shortcomings, like Zero Punctuation. Even though I don't share his hatred of words (though it sounds like anyone would be begging the game to shut up, that it overdoes it by far).
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ZK

Mass Effect is an awesome game for the 360, for me, it was the glitches that marred it's reputation. As well, once you beat it, you want to play more.

But I do agree, Sony has made quite a lot of bad choices lately. Oh well, I'll enjoy the games while it lasts.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

I was surprised they gave Bioshock a 5 out of 10... thats high praise for a 360 game. Then I noticed it was loaded with "Would have worked on Blu-Ray" so, basically, potential failed on the 360. Pfft... I just hope open minded gamers like you Zeekay aren't associated such rot.

ZK

I'm loyal to games, not brands. Hence why I own all the current consoles and handhelds available on the market. ^.^

Sabby

I'll admit I am slightly biased, and prefer my Xbox360, but I try to be a realist, and try to be fair and open minded when it comes to games. Its a website like SDF that reassures me of all that ^_^ I mean, who can read that place and not feel slightly better about they're opinions?

ZK

If I was biased, I'd hate the 360. After all, I've had four of them break on me. So, something must be doing good for me to keep playing it. But, I do not prefer either the 360 or the PS3, I like them both. And I am lucky to have not caught the achievement point number craze and I have over 20K points. Heh.

schnookums

Er....looking at that website...I think it's a joke...I mean, it's just got that extra 'so bad' that pushes it over to parody to me, but I could be wrong. (Like the cart that compares ALL of Sony's system sales (PS2, PS3, and PSP) against individual system sales for their competitors. It's just way too skewed, AND there's way too much work involved to be serious, methinks.

As for systems? If Suikoden 6 was announced for the Phantom I'd be holding people hostage until that piece of vaporware was actually produced. Since it's almost certainly coming out for the PS3 I'll end up with that. But I'll likely end up with all 3 systems...like others, I'm all about the games.

ZK

Woot, another Suikoden fan! I own all the US releases and the JP Gaiden one that was a "video" set.

^.^

Sabby

Sukoden? That maths thing? Or another of those japanese games?

ZK

Suikoden is an RPG series based roughly off the Water Margin story.

Sabby

Ah... thought it was the grid thing in maths.

...How is Lair like Mario 64?

kongming

Sudoku is the number thing.

I love the world of Suikoden. I played S2 first, and thought it was amazing. Still do. Next, many years later (someone stole the CD for S2 *sniff*), I played Suikoden Tactics - I was led to S2 by the demo that came with Vandal Hearts 2, having enjoyed both Vandal Hearts games. I didn't get far in that due to "Holy shit, I just bought my PS2 and like a million games!" syndrome.

Then came Suikoden... 4? 5? The one with Gizel THAT BASTARD. A friend and I made "hating Gizel" into a hobby. We'd sit there fuming, while trying to hide grins.

"What are you guys doing?"
"We're HATING Gizel!"

...um, yeah, that one. Haven't finished it though.

I'll admit to being biased against the 360, and last generation I was a PS2 girl, so still want Sony to pull out some secret weapon despite knowing the only trick they have left is to kidnap Squaresoft's children and say "FF7 remake for PS3. Now." But my bias is nowhere near as hardcore as that site.

And yeah. "Too far to be serious." - like the Ninjas: Real Ultimate Power website.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Sabby

In the words of Zero Puntuations Yawtzee "If they want me to buy Heavenly Sword just to find out what 'Twing Twang' is, then mission fucking accomplished"

360 has one massive flaw, that being its hardware issues, but my experience with Sony is that they have so many little problems, and nothing really out shadows the others, so its easier to point the finger at a blaring thing like the RROD, but not so much to point a finger at Sony as a whole.

Still, I've enjoyed a PS2 at times, and I got no problem with the PS2 as a whole. A lot of cheap, fun games. So don't think I see a Sony product and go EWWW!

schnookums

Gizel is Suikoden 5....IMO just barely below 2 as the best Suikoden, and it's a close thing indeed. 4, on the other hand....well, if you're a completest you'll want to play 4, but it's by far the weakest game in the series.

ZK

I prefer 5 over 2, not sure why. But I do. But in sheer honesty, I'd put them as both the best of the series, kind of like "a continuation, in reverse". 4 is the weakest link. But not to ruin things, the scenes with the main character's family in 5 is... so dramatic, it's awesome. Play the game to find out. ^.^

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: kongming on January 10, 2008, 02:43:22 AM
Then came Suikoden... 4? 5? The one with Gizel THAT BASTARD. A friend and I made "hating Gizel" into a hobby. We'd sit there fuming, while trying to hide grins.

"What are you guys doing?"
"We're HATING Gizel!"
Awesome:)

Quote from: kongming on January 10, 2008, 02:43:22 AM
And yeah. "Too far to be serious." - like the Ninjas: Real Ultimate Power website.
Hey...!