use ability on phones.

Started by sweetangel21, June 30, 2011, 03:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetangel21

dear e many of us love enjoy the web site from our phones. The problem is that some people such as me can not afford the high tech and expensive phones it takes to access the site as seen on a computer. Therfore i have found it a constant annoyence that with out certain features i have trouble not only keeping up with my own rp but that of other's that i truely enjoy reading. So i'm more or less suggesting a more phone compatable search.

Lilias

We have a WAP2 version that should be easier to work.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

sweetangel21

i really don't know how i would go about using that. I just want to be able to search for the stories like i can on a computer through a site search engine.

Caeli

We don't really have an "in-between" - only the WAP2 version and the regular browser version.

If you don't find the WAP2 version to your liking, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until you can get on a computer to browse Elliquiy. You always have the option of volunteering to code a more phone-friendly, aesthetically more-intuitive version of Elliquiy, of course.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

sweetangel21

sadly i don't have the skills for such a thing but maybe my friend in computer technology dose. Thank you alot for the help. Hope you have a good day. 

Trieste

It might also be a matter of what browser you are using. I like the Blackberry browser, but the latest version of Opera Mini is pretty sleek. And I didn't like the previous one at all.

sweetangel21

like i said previously (cheap phone) i don't have the money for a phone that nice but i'll totally deal.

Trieste

Well, I presume your phone uses some sort of browser to surf the internet. Opera Mini is not just for Blackberries. :) I actually went straight from a Motorola w755 (which was not internet-capable) to a Blackberry Curve 8530, which is a smartphone, so I don't know what the middle range - web-capable cell phones that are not smartphones - is capable of as far as browsers. :)