Dungeons, Debauchery, Damsels...D&D Any edition..with naughties?

Started by Mia Saisyu, October 16, 2015, 01:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

I'd happily jump in on this as a player if a GM showed up, especially if it's on Roll20, which i'm on all the time anyway.

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 20, 2016, 01:29:00 PM
There's a character auto-generator online and it'll almost all boil down to "roll at-or-under X characteristic." 
D&D, conversely, is a pretty hard system to learn--played in 3.5 for about a year and still don't know enough to run it.

I.... have never encountered an edition of D&D that was hard to learn. Even 3.5, as complicated as it can get, boils down to 'Roll a D20, add your  modifiers'. 5th is even simpler, and requires way less page-flipping and work than WFRP. I know, i've played both quite a bit.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Mia Saisyu on January 20, 2016, 08:26:55 AM
The game would take place on roll20, theoretically, if there was one.

But how does it work?  Do you just RP on roll20?  Do you have to meet up at a certain time to do it live?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Isengrad

Roll 20 has a chat area that keeps a log you can review at any time. Roleplay can happen there and is actually supported through /em for emotes.

Also each game has its own dedicated forum section to discuss Ooc or even have roleplay out of the tabletop. It is entirely possible to do a forum roleplay just using roll 20 as a virtual tabletop as any interaction is saved. So when combat begins we take our turns when we can and refer to the roll 20 game for combat and placment.

original artwork by karabiner

Jezabelle

Quote from: eternaldarkness on January 20, 2016, 04:54:29 PM
I'd happily jump in on this as a player if a GM showed up, especially if it's on Roll20, which i'm on all the time anyway.

I.... have never encountered an edition of D&D that was hard to learn. Even 3.5, as complicated as it can get, boils down to 'Roll a D20, add your  modifiers'. 5th is even simpler, and requires way less page-flipping and work than WFRP. I know, i've played both quite a bit.

There's always some extra bullshit to complicate something.  People never really understood a whole slew of things like spell resistance\modifiers in my group.  Warhamms is good at self contained systems, I feelike D&D players will cite various rules DMs tend to exclude\other players were unaware of.

I'd call it easy to learn, hard to master.

Togashi

Rule Zero. GM overrides all rules. If you have to quote obscure rules to get your way, then let it be known that your GM can do whatever he chooses. If ignoring a rule, it's a pretty common sight to tell the players about that up front. But if you disagree with the gm ignoring or allowing different rules then you just don't have to play.

Thorne

I have a standard rule for games I GM; I reserve the right to defenestrate the rulebook if I deem it necessary. I have found that the fastest way to learn a system (possibly any system, but I don't have time to test this for others) is to GM it. You /will/ learn.
For rules lawyers, any system; if they can't quote chapter, verse and sourcebook, the rule is not valid.

I've been debating this. Not sure if interest. I don't know from Roll20, and I am very hesitant to play a game of that nature offsite, on a site who's TOU I don't know and who's staff I have no feel for.
I am also not sure - if the game isn't on the E at all - that this thread belongs here and not in off-site games.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Isengrad

By default every game on Roll20 is set to private, including the forums for the game. that being said i would not put anything too adult on there anyway, but within the tabletop is fine. One thing i think i pointed out before, is that you can use roll20 as meerly a holding point for the sheets and the map, as well as rolls. All rp can be done here on the site. keeps the threads looking neat and tidy, freeing it up fro greater posts.

original artwork by karabiner

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Isengrad on January 25, 2016, 12:51:12 PM
By default every game on Roll20 is set to private, including the forums for the game. that being said i would not put anything too adult on there anyway, but within the tabletop is fine. One thing i think i pointed out before, is that you can use roll20 as meerly a holding point for the sheets and the map, as well as rolls. All rp can be done here on the site. keeps the threads looking neat and tidy, freeing it up fro greater posts.

Actually, Roll20 has an erotic roleplay group that is large and quite active, and thus far I have yet to hear of or experience anyone getting trouble from the moderators for anything kinky. I say this as someone with four games i run or play in that are quite sex-filled. Just don't put anything NSFW in publicly viewable areas, and you should be fine. You can even set a flag to show that a game has adult content.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Thorne on January 25, 2016, 12:07:41 AM
I have a standard rule for games I GM; I reserve the right to defenestrate the rulebook if I deem it necessary. I have found that the fastest way to learn a system (possibly any system, but I don't have time to test this for others) is to GM it. You /will/ learn.
For rules lawyers, any system; if they can't quote chapter, verse and sourcebook, the rule is not valid.

I've been debating this. Not sure if interest. I don't know from Roll20, and I am very hesitant to play a game of that nature offsite, on a site who's TOU I don't know and who's staff I have no feel for.
I am also not sure - if the game isn't on the E at all - that this thread belongs here and not in off-site games.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I'm certain I'd only be willing to do this on E, possibly with Skype for action scenes\combat.

You make good points though, I guess I'd give D&D 5th a spin for the first time if you'd have me, OP\whoever's interested.