Upcoming games YOU are excited about.

Started by Sel Nar, July 17, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

It's got multiple endings, and for me?  I love that in games.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Immortal Flame

Oh, definitely the new Tomb Raider game!  I've been excited about that reboot since it was a whisper in the wind.  I, too, had all the originals on my PS1.  Funny, though, that one of my favorite Tomb Raiders was the completely unsuccessful "Angel of Darkness."  I was so disappointed not to have the originally intended sequels to that one, even if the control system was as terrible as the originals.

I'm also really looking forward to the new Assassins Creed.  I was a huge fan of Ezio, but I'm ready to move on to another storyline and another timeline. This one is looking like its going to be a wonderful addition to the franchise.

Immortal Flame

Quote from: Hemingway on August 30, 2012, 05:04:00 PM
New Metal Gear Solid unveiled. Apparently has Big Boss.

Hnghhhhhhhhhngnnghhhhh. Gimme! NOW!

YES! When I saw the confirmation for this I couldn't help that little fangirl "squee" that escaped.  If the new game is as amazing as the last Big Boss edition, it will be a force to be reckoned with in this series.  I'm still curious to see what might be in store for Solid Snake in the future, as I've also heard tales that Kojima isn't quite done with him yet.

Chris Brady

Having seen the 'demo', which was 8 minutes of cutscene and 2 minutes of game play, I have to say, I was severely underwhelmed.  The animation during the game play was not very special, there were sliding feet when he changed position, the walking animation felt a little stiff, although the transition from walk to run was nicely done.  It was, however, very, very, very pretty.  Especially the patch rotation (of which there were too many, in my opinion), the rain effects, the facial animations, all very nice during the cut scene.

But the actual game play was...  Uninspired.

I was hoping for something more impressive after 5 years of work on the engine.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

Quote from: Immortal Flame on September 08, 2012, 07:00:07 PM
YES! When I saw the confirmation for this I couldn't help that little fangirl "squee" that escaped.  If the new game is as amazing as the last Big Boss edition, it will be a force to be reckoned with in this series.  I'm still curious to see what might be in store for Solid Snake in the future, as I've also heard tales that Kojima isn't quite done with him yet.

I don't think the "isn't done with him" line should be taken as meaning there's a sequel to MGS4 coming. My money is on an HD version or a complete remake of MGS. If the quote I saw from Kojima that Ground Zeroes is a prequel to the actual MGS5, then for that I would guess something taking place before MGS. The old games ( before Solid ) are begging for a remake, too.

... and before I know it I've spent another hour searching the internet for clues as to what it might be. I'll ... I'll just leave it at that for now.

OT: Crysis 3, surprisingly. I loved Crysis when it first came out, but I really didn't like Crysis 2. I thought it was a lot of wasted potential. Then I played it again later, knowing what to expect, and I liked it a lot more.

Immortal Flame

Quote from: Hemingway on September 09, 2012, 07:27:26 AM
I don't think the "isn't done with him" line should be taken as meaning there's a sequel to MGS4 coming. My money is on an HD version or a complete remake of MGS. If the quote I saw from Kojima that Ground Zeroes is a prequel to the actual MGS5, then for that I would guess something taking place before MGS. The old games ( before Solid ) are begging for a remake, too.

... and before I know it I've spent another hour searching the internet for clues as to what it might be. I'll ... I'll just leave it at that for now.

OT: Crysis 3, surprisingly. I loved Crysis when it first came out, but I really didn't like Crysis 2. I thought it was a lot of wasted potential. Then I played it again later, knowing what to expect, and I liked it a lot more.

I'm not so sure I'd even want a direct sequel featured Solid, as I think it might just be a little bit too much considering how the last game ended.  I felt like there was some closure there.  But I would Love Love Love to see a remake of the original titles, or even just MGS.  It was exciting to be able to play it on the gamecube, but I'd really like to have access to that bad boy on a real HD console.  MGS was the first real videogame that I ever played, and its what got me into gaming in the first place.  I think I might suffer from your internet searching problem now.... ;) 

I've never actually played Crysis, though I've heard some really good things about it.  I love games that have a high replay value, though.  Even if the plot is more or less linear, if the storyline is enjoyable I love to replay them.  I'd like to see another Uncharted sequel, as I am completely in love with the first three, especially the last one.

Hemingway

Whatever Obsidian's new Project Eternity is. I love Obsidian to death.

Chris Brady

I used to like Obsidian.  But their last few attempts have been hit or miss.  I'm hopeful, but I'm hesitant on this.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Hemingway on September 17, 2012, 05:44:42 PM
Whatever Obsidian's new Project Eternity is. I love Obsidian to death.

FUNDED... in less than a day!

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 17, 2012, 06:32:10 PM
I used to like Obsidian.  But their last few attempts have been hit or miss.  I'm hopeful, but I'm hesitant on this.

New Vegas was far superior to FO3. A brilliant game.

Alpha Protocol? Brilliant but flawed. I liked the game, overall.

Dungeon Siege 3 I haven't played that much. It was too much of a console game.

I'm very hopeful about this Project Eternity. Obsidian have always written very compelling stories and brilliant characters, and then gameplay suffers because of publishers and deadlines. With Kickstarter, that's not a problem - or at least not as much of a problem. Given that this project is probably going to rake in millions more than their initial goal, I'm really excited to see what comes of it in the end.

Not to mention it's going to be M-rated, according to their Kickstarter video. That opens up some interesting options, too.

Chris Brady

Oh don't get me wrong, Obsidian are master, master story tellers!  But actual gameplay and mechanics are sometimes sloppy and just 'off'.  I love their stories, but I wish they would outsource the coding.

The Kinkster

PlanetSide 2
Assassin's Creed 3

And although not a game, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill; it's what Battlefield 3 should of been like in the first place. I just have yet to buy it.

On this whole Obsidian thing, I've been sold since Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 had a better world than NV, as well as a better (debatable) story line.

New Vegas felt kind of empty, even for such a wasteland.
I personally think Fallout 3's environments were a lot more appealing, I'd take Megaton over Freeside any day.

New Vegas' gameplay though was better than Fallout 3's, as well as the RPG elements.

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 17, 2012, 07:10:55 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, Obsidian are master, master story tellers!  But actual gameplay and mechanics are sometimes sloppy and just 'off'.  I love their stories, but I wish they would outsource the coding.

That, I think, is all the more reason to be excited about this Project Eternity. If the rumors are true, it's going to have that old school pre-rendered background graphical style, and tactical combat like the really great cRPGs. So in that case it's not like when Bioware tried to modernize the genre with Dragon Age. They have experience with that sort of thing.

I just hope they don't use a Baldur's Gate knock off ruleset. One thing I hate about those games is how frustrating combat can be. I don't mind difficulty, but that's different from having fights against enemy mages who shield themselves and then cast Death on your guys, or a system so unrealistic that more attacks miss than hit. I'm not saying that'd be a dealbreaker in any way, but those are my hopes, anyway. Aside from that, I'm just hoping for the deepest, most complex companions, stories and romances in video gaming. I'm keeping my expectations low, in other words.

( One thing I don't expect, which I don't think anyone should expect, is something as philosophical as Planescape: Torment. )

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hemingway on September 17, 2012, 07:41:31 PM
That, I think, is all the more reason to be excited about this Project Eternity. If the rumors are true, it's going to have that old school pre-rendered background graphical style, and tactical combat like the really great cRPGs. So in that case it's not like when Bioware tried to modernize the genre with Dragon Age. They have experience with that sort of thing.

Dungeon Siege 3 wasn't all that modern, and it's considered to be very 'blah'.  Again, they can tell great stories, game play...  I've got some trepidation here.

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 17, 2012, 08:14:10 PM
Dungeon Siege 3 wasn't all that modern, and it's considered to be very 'blah'.  Again, they can tell great stories, game play...  I've got some trepidation here.

The main problems I had with DS3 were that it was blatantly made for consoles, the lack of character customization, and the fairly shallow interactions you had with your companions and the game world. I don't think any of that's going to be a problem with this next thing. The point I was trying to make is that if they follow the formula of the Infinity Engine games, it's very difficult to go wrong. They're ... quite simple, I guess you could say.

SinXAzgard21

In a few hours Borderlands 2, leaving here in an hour to go wait for the midnight releasing.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

I wish I had the money for Borderlands 2.  Oh well, have fun Sin!

Arohk

I am looking forward to The Elder Scrolls Online.

I have been playing World of Warcraft for nearly 8 years now and was in the Vanilla Beta. I hate what it has become. Absolutely hate. I could go on for hours explaining every little detail. So if you want a heated debate, PM me or something. XD

But that's not what I'm here for. I'm here for TES!

I think it will be amazing. I've been following the series since it's origin point. If you have the time, go and take a look. There is not much of a trailer or anything at this point, as the game will come to fruition in 2013, but it's worth watching if you've been a recent fan, or an old fan. :)

I will leave Warcraft so fast for it.