Fairy Tale Heroes...with Superpowers?! ('Avengers Grimm' - Still Accepting)

Started by Mathim, May 23, 2018, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Mathim on May 28, 2018, 10:26:05 AM
@ Roleplay Frog: I think someone on Rumplestiltskin's side of things would be good since the majority of characters are either good or just are opposed to him anyway like Maleficent. They don't even have to have been evil from whatever story you draw them from, so you can take an established good character and tailor them to be someone who'd willingly and maliciously follow Rumplestiltskin. But please, don't feel obligated to just take up whatever's needed, this is for you to exercise creativity in your own way.

But I do like Rumpelstilzchen. Sorry, gonna go with original spelling. :P Plus there's no shortness on odd but quirckily powerful evil things. From Baba Yaga over Krampus to .. well.. actually the majority of fairtytale characters, if you go by the original source material. Hoooh..
I could be the Erlking!

Levi

Player Name: Levi
Character Name/Identity: Neve
Tale(s) of Origin: The Snow Queen
Alignment: Pure Evil
Abilities: Frozen Touch Can turn any object or person into ice with a simply touch. This is permanent and can only be removed by Love.

Evil Heart Through her mirror Neve is able to see those who have had thoughts or an evil heart and she is able to possess them and enslave them to her will.

Magic Mirror Who had the first magic mirror? Who knows but Never is in possession of one and uses it as a scrying tool to find evil people. Also a tool of communication between her and Rumplestiltskin.

White Wolf Neve has command over the winter wolf and they pull her sleigh.

Skills: Magic Long before Elsa was a dot in her mother's eye, Never had control over winter. She can camouflage herself within it and often arrives in a flurry of snowflakes.

Commanding presence Neve isn't called The Snow Queen for nothing! She is demanding and expects her will to be obeyed!
Basic fighting skills
Excellent sledding skills

Backstory: Neve was born to an Eskimo family of sharmans, the power over winter passed from generation to generation, but it had never been used for evil until Neve. On her fourteenth birthday the rights of the sharmans were passed onto her, for in those days people didn't live long lives. While the young woman was away on a spiritual retreat her village was attacked and her people massacred.

When Neve returned she found the frozen bodies of men, woman and children alike sprawled in the snow, their bodies mutilated. Neve let forth an unholy scream and her powers exploded out of her, wolves howled and the snow around her swirled into a tempest. Shortly after white wolves joined her in the snow and they scented out the invaders, with Neve following they found the sight of the enemy and the woman destroyed them completely.

Once she had used her powers to kill however she could never go back! Years later she took a small boy named Kai from a village, for he had managed to get a sliver of her mirror unneeded within him. Neve loved that boy as much as one could, when one has forgotten every emotion but hate. However she was defeated by a simple girl who managed to release Kai from her spell with love. Enraged Neve looked for a way to pay back Gerda and Kai and that was when she heard of Rumpelstiltskin. Delighted with him declaration of war she joined forces with him instantly.

Personality: Angry and vindictive, Neve has never forgotten or forgiven the enemy the slaughter her people. Or the brats that escaped her! Neve has never fallen in love and if she did it could be her downfall. She takes pleasure in freezing people and has a collection of ice sculptures. She only ever shows affection to her wolves and the only person she trusts is Rumpelstiltskin himself.

Orientation: Straight, although extremely sensual she has no interest in relationships and will only take a man to her bed for one night. It would take a very determined person to break her heart of ice. Dom/Sub switch she doesn't mind who holds command in the bedroom. See players o/o's

Appearance: Cate Blancette

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Mathim

Quote from: Fury Aphrodisia on May 28, 2018, 10:35:04 AM
No, I just wanted to be sure. Neither Kit nor Puss would be suited to significant combat, at least right off the hop, so it left me wondering what I would be doing, but since I'm not sure yet which one I'm even going to be playing, I think I have enough to figure out so far.

Speaking of which, have we heard from Juggtacular?

Oh, I've got a number of ideas for how to turn such characters into very effective combatants, but only if you are open to the input, I don't want it to overshadow your designs on the character.

And no, sadly, have not heard from Juggtacular. I did sent out at least 30 messages to people so that I've gotten roughly half a dozen replies is fairly good for what I've seen. With my updated list I'm up to about 40 names, though, so if this falls through, my next attempt will hopefully get a better response.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Fury Aphrodisia

I can see how I would make the Kitsune a combatant, it just goes against her character to actually want to put herself in harm's way for whatever reason, particularly if Wukong isn't there with her. He was the only reason she was willing to hear the others out in the first place. She dislikes humans, so watching them destroy each other would, at best, be entertainment.

If Juggs isn't coming back, though, there's not really a point in playing her, since she was designed to mesh with him. Puss in Boots, though... I don't know that I really want to go the whole Dreamworks route with that, though. It seems like a cop-out to make him a swordsman or something, so I was hoping to create a character who got by on charm more than anything else. But again, it's the sort of character that works better through plot than combat.

If it's going to be combat-heavy this time around, I'm going to want to go with a different sort of character, I just have no idea what, yet.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Juggtacular

Player Name: Juggtacular
Character Name/Identity:Sun Wukong - The Monkey King
Tale(s) of Origin: Journey to the West
Alignment: Chaotic Good, Chaotic Evil(depending on who you ask)sometimes just Chaotic
Abilities:Due to the powerful forces involving his birth, as well as "upgrades" given to him, or taken for his own over the course of his life, Sun is a very, very powerful individual.

Godly Strength: Sun Wukong is physically very strong, as he is capable of effortlessly wielding his staff which weighs 8.1 tons, with one hand, and even a single finger. He is also strong enough to resist even Buddha's palm trying to crush him for a short period of time.

Godly Toughness: Like his strength, Sun is just as tough as he is strong. He has withstood an attack from the entirety of Heaven, and come out on top.

Godly Speed: Like the monkey he is, Sun is incredibly fast, and it's been said he's able to cover 13,468 miles in a single somersault(although this is obvious hyperbole). The speed also transfers to combat, and he is fast enough to vanish from sight with his movements.

Magic: The Monkey King is a master spellcaster. He innately knows 72 Transformations(including of course a massive ape), and has learned more throughout his life. Also, each of his hairs is magical, and when plucked from his body, can transform into objects, clones of Sun, and more. He also knows a plethora of elemental spells, conjuring spells, summoning circles, and magic to freeze anything in it's tracks. He even speaks and understands every language, as he came from a magic rock, and the Earth understands all.

Skills:

Ruyi Jingu Bang: Sun Wukong's prized staff is known as Ruyi Jingu Bang, and once belonged to Ao Guang, the Dragon King of the East Sea. It was gifted to Sun after a plethora of other enchanted weapons didn't match his standards. It's normal form is a black pillar that is 20 feet tall and as wide as a barrel. Only Sun who was fated to wield it can command it to shrink to a smaller size. It can also clone itself at his whim. Ruyi Bang weighs 8.1 tons, yet Sun wields it like it was as light as a cane. With his skill and the staff, he has defeated the entirety of Heaven. When not in use, Ruyi Bang shrinks down to the size of a needle and is tucked behind Sun's ear.

Martial Arts: Sun was born knowing 1,000 styles of martial arts, but has learned more from watching animals and his opponents during his travels. He is a master fighter and probably one of the best in the world.

Persuasive: The Monkey King has an infectious personality, and anyone with a good heart or spirit sees this, allowing Sun to easily gain friends and followers alike.

Backstory: Born from a magic rock, on the peak of Mount Huango(The Mountain of Flowers & Fruit) Sun Wukong's existence shook the pillars of Heaven, as the Jade Emperor himself noted two powerful beams of golden light coming from below the clouds. They were Sun's eyes as he looked around the new world. As he ate, the light died down, and soon after he started to befriend the creatures of the mountain; especially the monkeys. While playing, they decided to find the source of the stream that they always bathed in. What they found was a waterfall up the mountain, and the monkeys claimed whoever found the source, would be their king.

Sun volunteers, and after going through the waterfall, he finds water rushing over an iron bridge leading to a house. Bringing his new friends with him, they claim the house and Sun claims the title of Monkey King. Claiming the entirety of Mount Haungo as his Kingdom, Sun seeks out a powerful weapon to match his own strength. He found it underwater in the domain of Ao Guang, Dragon King of the East Seas. After that, he defeats the remaining dragons of the sea, claiming a golden chainmail shirt, a phoenix feather cap, and cloud walking boots from them. After returning to his Kingdom and demonstrating his power, Sun formed an alliance with multiple "demons" and Kings. Including the Bull Demon King, Lion Spirit King, Macaque Spirit King, Saurian Demon King, and Roc Demon King.

When Hell attempts to collect his soul, he goes so far as to erase his name and the names of his friends from the book of Life and Death. After the Dragon Kings and Kings of Hell report him to the Jade Emperor, the Emperor grants him a royal title to placate him. However, he is given the position not of "God", but of "Protector of Horses", the lowest job in Heaven. Rebelling against his continued treatment, he proclaims himself "The Great Sage, Equal of Heaven" and frees the cloud horses. Heaven recognizes his self gifted title, and again tries to placate him, this time making him the "Guardian of the Heavenly Garden". Again however, it is a lowly position, and he is denied entry to a banquet that every other God and Goddess is invited to. In retaliation, he stole the Peaches of Immortality, the Pills of Longevity, and the Emperor's royal wine.

He consumed all 3 and returned home to his mountain to prepare for a rebellion against Heaven itself. When Heaven retaliates, Sun single-handedly defeats all 100,000 Celestial Warriors, all 28 constellations, four heavenly kings, and Nezha, and proves himself equal to the best of Heaven's generals, Erlang Shen. Eventually, through the teamwork of Taoist and Buddhist forces, including the efforts from some of the greatest deities, and then finally by the Bodhisattva of mercy, Guanyin, Sun Wukong is captured.

After several failed attempts at execution, Sun Wukong is locked into Laozi's eight-way trigram Crucible to be distilled into an elixir (so that Laozi could regain his pills of longevity) by samadhi fires. After 49 days, however, when the cauldron is opened, Sun Wukong jumps out, even stronger. He is now able to recognize evil with huǒyǎn-jīnjīng (火眼金睛) (lit. "golden-gaze fiery-eyes"), an eye condition that also gives him a weakness to smoke, and proceeds to destroy Heaven's remaining forces. The Jade Emperor and the authorities of Heaven appeal to the Buddha, who arrives from his temple in the West. The Buddha bets that Sun Wukong cannot escape from Buddha's palm. Sun Wukong smugly accepts the bet. He leaps and flies to the end of the world. Seeing nothing but five pillars, Wukong believes he has reached the ends of Heaven.

To prove his trail, he marks the pillars with a phrase declaring himself the great sage equal to heaven). He leaps back and lands in the Buddha's palm. He is surprised to find that the five "pillars" he found are in fact the fingers of the Buddha's hand. When Wukong tries to escape, the Buddha turns his hand into a mountain. Before Wukong can shrug it off, the Buddha seals him there using a paper talisman bearing the mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" in gold letters. Sun Wukong remains imprisoned for five centuries.

While sealed away, Wukong has nothing but time to think and meditate on life and his existence. He was finally beginning to understand why he was treated the way he was, when Rumplestiltskin began his war. He sensed it, but could do nothing; until Buddha himself appeared and shattered his prison. The deity made a deal with Sun Wukong; he would gain his true freedom, and full admission into Heaven as the Great Sage, when the Djinn lay defeated. And to seal the pact, Buddha placed a golden band on Sun Wukong's head that could never be removed until the deed was done.

Personality: As he is a monkey, Sun is naturally a playful individual. He loves to play pranks and tricks on people, often times hoping it's as funny to them as it is him. He has a good heart, and knows the difference between right and wrong, no matter the context. And he will fight for what is right to his last breath, even if it means fighting the entirety of the Jade Heavens because they treated him horribly. He is confident in his power, and himself, as he never backs down from a challenge, and will face even impossible odds with high hope.

Orientation:Heterosexual
Appearance:  In his human form, Sun appears to be a normal man. About six feet even, well muscled, with wild blond hair, and a young face. His natural form is that of Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. He appears to be a humanoid monkey with a very human face, fiery hair, and a long tail protruding from his lower back. His appearance tends to change based on his mood however, so he can look like nearly anything or anyone.

-Sun walks in-

Who's ready to kill a Genie?

Fury Aphrodisia

Oh my god that makes me so happy!

Okay, Kit on her way.

Edit: Now I just have to figure out where the original character sheets are/where new character sheets go. I ought to keep a seperate file for Kit somewhere.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mathim

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on May 28, 2018, 11:56:28 AM
But I do like Rumpelstilzchen. Sorry, gonna go with original spelling. :P Plus there's no shortness on odd but quirckily powerful evil things. From Baba Yaga over Krampus to .. well.. actually the majority of fairtytale characters, if you go by the original source material. Hoooh..
I could be the Erlking!

I mean, I usually play Rumple just 'cause he's the main bad guy and we always have our main hero, Snow White covered. But you're welcome to take on the role of Rumplestiltskin if you like, provided it makes sense how he comes to possess the marvelous, virtually limitless potential it takes to run the campaign that spans the world. My idea about his being a former djinn, and having once tasted that limitless godly power but now being forced to make a deal rather than a one-sided exchange, where if he ever breaks his word he perishes, was a fairly simple and expedient way of getting him to that lofty peak. But you're more than welcome to be a sidekick or other rank of vassal if you wish.

Like a hero swooping in! Nice to see you back, Juggs, wasn't sure if we were going to be graced with your illustrious presence again, LOL. I think with some minor downgrades of that mythical strength (just to balance things out; Hulk isn't peerless among the other Avengers, after all) we're good to go with our resident simian sovereign.

And we now have enough folks submitted to start our OOC and IC threads. Give me a bit and I'll post the links in this post, and in the first post of this thread. If you're uncertain about anything, PM me or post here to ask any queries and we'll all be happy to direct you to wherever you're looking for.

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=288505.0
IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=288506.0
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Norsegod1839

Still look Mathim? I'm reading through the intro and back stuff now but am interested!

Mathim

Hells yeah we're still taking players! And that's another name to add to my list. I'm very optimistic about this game and its future incarnations!

Norsegod1839

Cool! Now I'm still reading the concept and every ones character ideas

But I was thinking I might do a rift on one of the classic horror monsters like frankenstien or the wolf man?

Let me know I feel I'm going the right way or that'd be acceptable.

Mathim

For the wolf man, there's not a specific one given the mythology from which he emerges, so he'd just be one of many that do exist, maybe not all together, but yes, that is a possibility. Frankenstein, unlike zombies reanimated by magic like those commanded by Rumplestiltskin, can be customized to have different types of limbs and whatnot attached so you can have him with non-human limbs stitched on if you like, among other things. Just make sure the lab from which he emerges is either low-tech enough to fit the era, or that his origin is magic rather than sci-fi just to fit the fantasy narrative.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

She's supposedly proficient in shapeshifting so it shouldn't be a stretch for her to create some out of crows and whatnot. That's what Rumplestiltskin does when he can't find anyone or anything willing to do his bidding.

Isengrad

Shes a fae creature, they can call upon nature to do their bidding, and the lesser fairy folk. So I would call treants, brownies, ettercaps, grigs, and if you really eanna get dark you might be able to have Rawhead and bloody bones, and a nucklave as lieutenants. Look into celtic and eastern European mythology. Its why I linked the Huntsman to the wild hunt as that and Woden( precourser to Odin) be his link and power source.

original artwork by karabiner

Sirian Eve

Ah yes, that is true. Thank you both. I was thinking what would be the perfect little sidekick for her...

Mathim

Maybe even one with a side of romance? That always seemed missing from her stories.

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Well, here's my Rumplestiltskin profile as the archvillain to ensure everyone has a target, whether for opposing or serving.

Player Name: Mathim
Character Name/Identity: Rumplestiltskin
Tale of Origin: Rumplestiltskin
Alignment: Pure evil
Ability(ies): Rumplestiltskin, being a former Djinn, had access to each of the three major classifications of magic at a whim, though he had been limited to being capable of using it unrestrained only when in service to a master in possession of his lamp. After having been freed from his prison, the majority of his power slipped away and in order to refill his reserves of magic, it is necessary for him to arrange deals with those he meets. Anything he can promise them in exchange for whatever he demands in return fuels his magical energy, the greater the weight of the mutual promise as well as the greater sense of desire and urgency of the person agreeing to his conditions, the more energy it gives Rumple. While it must be used judiciously to avoid running short, he can wield any sort of spell he wishes, though the drain upon him is considerable compared to before when it was virtually limitless.
Weaknesses: His greatest power is his greatest weakness. If Rumplestiltskin ever fails to deliver on his end of a deal, he dies. He must therefore be exceedingly careful about how he phrases his contracts and to ensure he promises nothing if he is not absolutely certain he can deliver, which can hinder his ability to get the most out of his deals, or force him to accept lesser conditions and thus earn less magical energy from a deal.
Personality: Rumplestiltskin is a crass, greedy soul that despised the idea of being thrust into an eternity of servitude to pitiful mortals and it drove him to crave their position of control. But he never considered the proverb that someone craving power will never be satisfied, and refuses to believe anyone's cautionary warnings that his conquest of the world will still not make him feel completely fulfilled. His endless desire for power and control leads him to regard all others as mere pawns or trophies, playthings really, for his amusement. While he acknowledges that those with great power are useful allies, he could care less about them as individuals.
History and Backstory: A Djinn from the desert of the Eastern continent, Rumplestiltskin hated being given orders by greedy or desperate masters. He would twist their wishes as far as their ambiguity could be stretched and make them sorry they were ever born, much less that they had ever run afoul of him. But human greed was insatiable and no amount of dire warnings could make them shy away from trying to wish for their heart's desire three times over. And every time, they would end up with less than they ever had before, if they were still alive to ponder this loss. Master after master, he tried reasoning with them, warping their first wish, tempting them with a second wish that he would not do the same with if they agreed to free him with their third. But they would always invariably try to 'trick' him by making a selfish third wish, not realizing that it was only his will that made their second wish not backfire, and he would cause their third wish to do so spectacularly and in most cases it always killed them. Finally one master had annoyed him from the onset, and he twisted both wishes, threatening an even worse fate with the third, unless it was used to free him in which case the first two wishes could be nullified and the master could at the very least walk away with no loss. Rumplestiltskin, however, murdered him for his clothes upon being freed. His first kill as a mortal, with his bare hands.
He did not anticipate such a great downgrade in his power and now realized why no other Djinn walked free, their own power felt like enough of a boon that freedom was not such a tempting prize. He had to get it back. Luckily his experience with negotiating had left a lingering gift that he could utilize without any reserves of magic, that would allow him to rebuild his: The art of the deal.
It started out small. He wandered about a desert kingdom, seeking out the poor, the downtrodden, offering them a release from their suffering in exchange for trivial favors they were either too drunk or desperate to refuse, things they couldn't possibly deliver upon but not understanding what they were dealing with. After hundreds of them had offered him their blessings in exchange for his vague promise to end their torment, he merely used his now massive store of magical energy to create an enormous whirlpool in the sand and bury the entire kingdom. The suffering of the poor had truly ended, and he was exempt from the penalty of failing to deliver on his end of the bargain because, technically, he had.
It felt like nothing he had ever experienced before. That power, unrestrained, with no one involved but himself and his own desire to do it. He had to feel that again. And again. And again. Power was a drug and he was addicted. He set his sights on the whole wide world this time, and his great act of evil was a declaration of war upon the entire realm. Those who stood in his way would either bow the knee and be spared to live a life of servitude to him for a change, or be mowed down like grass beneath the feet of a stampede of great beasts.
But no fool was he. He understood very well that his power had its limits. He needed others to recharge his magic, much as he hated being dependent on anyone for anything. And there were others who wielded magic as well, which would require more effort on his part. He needed like-minded beings to share in his desire for conquest and aid him in his ambitious goals. But he would be second to none, accepting only underlings and demanding to be the unquestioned lord of this dark campaign.
Sexual Stuff: Since he can visit folks in their dreams if they have ever been under a sleeping curse, he can be a sexual Freddy Kreuger if he wants...the possibilities are endless.
Story-Related Suggestions: The heartless Rumple try to pursue 'love', more as a trophy, from the heart of the one who despises him and leads the opposition, Snow White.
Appearance (please identify face claims where possible): Casper Van Dien; although Rumple is thousands of years old by now, he appears only to be in his forties and always will.

Sirian Eve

Mathim

Eh, I more or less copy/pasted it from one of the last games.

BTW, in case anyone's not aware, the OOC and IC threads are up and running so we're ready to roll if you submitted a profile already.

PrincessAriel

Oh yes that's right! I played Belle at one point, two years ago. :) I remember now.
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Mathim

Still room if you want to snatch that one back up or pick out another.

PrincessAriel

I think I just might, I really liked the idea behind the Belle you helped me come up with. I've been thinking about it while at work this morning. I'll look over her old character sheet when I get home from work. :) I owe a post to someone in my 1 x 1 post, then I'll get right on Belle (hoho). 
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Mathim

Yep, the profile should still be there somewhere, in one of the links I have handy, hopefully.