Return of the Wolf 2: Electric Boogaloo - OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, May 30, 2015, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on June 06, 2015, 02:33:41 PM
Remember that the Lone Wolf isn't really on the Wolf team.  And I never really liked the dynamic of the Braggart anyway. :P

I mentioned this in the opening post as well. If the Lone wolf wins, the werewolves do lose.

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 06, 2015, 02:39:50 PM
Like..... the Troublemaker, perhaps? -looks hopeful-

Hmmmm.... that would work, wouldn't it.... It's a shame that the voting dynamics work different online, there's no way to include the pacifist or village idiot. Still, can you imagine how badly things would stall if we did nomination rules online?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 06, 2015, 02:44:02 PM
I mentioned this in the opening post as well. If the Lone wolf wins, the werewolves do lose.

Hmmmm.... that would work, wouldn't it.... It's a shame that the voting dynamics work different online, there's no way to include the pacifist or village idiot. Still, can you imagine how badly things would stall if we did nomination rules online?

The Lone Wolf is a bit like the Tanner in that regard. Which I think makes things interesting.

And oh my gosh, that would take FOREVER! But the Troublemaker could totally work. -nod nod-
-giggles- Or maybe Cupid.  >:)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Verasaille

I see on the game thread, you still have the Braggart listed, you are changing it to what now?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Cupid could work, but only in larger games, IMO, and not ones with double deception like this one. It's one of those roles that's fun in a live, half hour game, but far less so when you've invested a month into a game just to die of a broken heart because someone thought pairing you with X other player would be funny.

To clarify a few things on the cursed villager; When they die, they will be revealed as a villager or werewolf, depending on what team they were currently on. If the priest uses their power on them, the same thing applies. If the bodyguard protects them the night they are attacked, they do not turn. If they are poisoned while a villager, they die, only a werewolf attack flips them. Lastly, if they are successfully attacked by the wolves, they will not be revealed to the healer as an option to save because they do not die from the attack.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Verasaille on June 06, 2015, 02:56:03 PM
I see on the game thread, you still have the Braggart listed, you are changing it to what now?

Just did, thanks for reminding me.

Galactic Druid

Just so everyone is aware, PMs are out and the Game Thread is live! Have fun, and may the odd be ever in your favor!  ;D

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 06, 2015, 02:57:54 PM
Cupid could work, but only in larger games, IMO, and not ones with double deception like this one. It's one of those roles that's fun in a live, half hour game, but far less so when you've invested a month into a game just to die of a broken heart because someone thought pairing you with X other player would be funny.

Yeah, you have a point there, with the investment it is online. I didn't think about that. Running it in a game with this set up wouldn't work I think, I was just thinking for a future game and other roles that might translate more easily onto the forums.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

The only downside about running games like this is seeing new messages in my PM box and being like "Awww, someone wants to RP with me!" or assuming it's a reply to a plotting PM, and then it turn out to be a conversation between two players, lol.

Assassini

Oh my days...

So much shit to learn. This is gonna be goooood!

Can I check something regarding the Lone Wolf, I just want to make sure that he can't go out and actually kill other werewolves? I assume he has to get them killed via lynching?

Also, out of interest TRPG, would you ever consider running a One Night Werewolf variant? I actually would be totally happy to run it myself after this if anyone else was keen, as it is one form of Werewolves I have actually played before.

Edit: Can I also check about the Seer. When the Seer looks at another person's role, the rules says that s/he is made aware of whether the player is a villager, a special villager, a werewolf, or a vampire. Does this mean that the Seer sees the special role of different villagers? Or is s/he just made aware that said person IS special?

Verasaille

All these great rper's and no one else is getting into the spirit of the beach party?

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Assassini

Quote from: Verasaille on June 06, 2015, 06:29:20 PM
All these great rper's and no one else is getting into the spirit of the beach party?

There's no time Vera! We've got werewolves to lynch!

Madame Professor

Quote from: Assassini on June 06, 2015, 06:03:03 PM
Also, out of interest TRPG, would you ever consider running a One Night Werewolf variant? I actually would be totally happy to run it myself after this if anyone else was keen, as it is one form of Werewolves I have actually played before.

Actually, I ran a few rounds a few months back. Picking up where Guy left off.
-whispers- There has been talk about running it again... 

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Assassini on June 06, 2015, 06:03:03 PM
Oh my days...

So much shit to learn. This is gonna be goooood!

Can I check something regarding the Lone Wolf, I just want to make sure that he can't go out and actually kill other werewolves? I assume he has to get them killed via lynching?

Edit: Can I also check about the Seer. When the Seer looks at another person's role, the rules says that s/he is made aware of whether the player is a villager, a special villager, a werewolf, or a vampire. Does this mean that the Seer sees the special role of different villagers? Or is s/he just made aware that said person IS special?

I usually don't give too much away, it makes it more exciting that way. The reveal will be villager, special villager, and werewolf, respectively.

I've actually run One Night here to great success, and as MP said, she took over for me for a few rounds. I'll definitely be running it again at some point. I've also had decent luck running Spyfall here as well.

Assassini

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 06, 2015, 07:13:14 PM
Actually, I ran a few rounds a few months back. Picking up where Guy left off.
-whispers- There has been talk about running it again...

All of my yes.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on June 06, 2015, 07:29:56 PM
I usually don't give too much away, it makes it more exciting that way. The reveal will be villager, special villager, and werewolf, respectively.

I've actually run One Night here to great success, and as MP said, she took over for me for a few rounds. I'll definitely be running it again at some point. I've also had decent luck running Spyfall here as well.

Right. But the point is that the seer doesn't learn the actual role of the villager then? Okay, cool. Good to know.

See above.

Blythe

Assassini

Where are the threads for the One Night Werewolf located? I can't actually find them anywhere?

Remiel

Quote from: Assassini on June 06, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
Where are the threads for the One Night Werewolf located? I can't actually find them anywhere?

Here you go, Assassini.

And nooooooo! I don't want to be Sheriff MC!  ;_;  Being Sheriff MC is like painting a big fat target on your back in these games.

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on June 06, 2015, 08:45:40 PM
Here you go, Assassini.

And nooooooo! I don't want to be Sheriff MC!  ;_;  Being Sheriff MC is like painting a big fat target on your back in these games.

Aaah, cheers buddy. You kept it all in one thread then? And in a different board? Is there a reason the "Cardboard Heroes and Woody Bits" forum was used for that instead of this one? Is there a distinction between the two?

Also, lulz. Really? Good luck!

Remiel

Well, the CH&WB forum is generally for online adaptations of board games, whereas Lie, Cheat and Steal is more for "traditional" Mafia games.   Lord Mayerling is the mod for the former, and Saffron and RPGuy are mods for the latter.

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on June 06, 2015, 08:58:38 PM
Well, the CH&WB forum is generally for online adaptations of board games, whereas Lie, Cheat and Steal is more for "traditional" Mafia games.   Lord Mayerling is the mod for the former, and Saffron and RPGuy are mods for the latter.

I seeeee.

*As Abed* Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Verasaille

Hey Remi!

Now you know how I felt!!  ;D

Remiel

Quote from: Assassini on June 06, 2015, 09:05:42 PM
I seeeee.

*As Abed* Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

The third and fourth seasons of that show were pretty epic.  It lost its steam once Chevy Chase and Donald Glover left, though.

Assassini

Quote from: Remiel on June 06, 2015, 09:12:31 PM
The third and fourth seasons of that show were pretty epic.  It lost its steam once Chevy Chase and Donald Glover left, though.

Couldn't agree more...

#SixSeasonsAndAMovie

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on June 06, 2015, 08:58:38 PM

Unofficially, anyway. I'm GMing this game, for certain.

Remiel

Oh, Strangefate is in the game!  I didn't see him in the player list. -_-