DC Comics Batverse: Azrael and... (looking F)

Started by Darthvegeta800, April 14, 2012, 04:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

The Batman side of the DC Comics'fence has traditionally been dominated by allies that are a distinct shade of grey... some are even flirting with downright villainy. Gotham and the foes Batman traditionally faces require vigilantes more often than not.

The Azrael's have always been my favourite members of the Batman sidecast.
Enforcers and assassins throughout history for the Order of St Dumas, these indoctrinated 'modern knights' wield exotic weapons and when putting on their mask become 'Azrael, Angel of Death', almost metahuman killers that kill the enemies of their Order and remove 'sinners'.

The first Azrael to make his appearance as a major player in the Batman comics was Jean Paul Valley who's shattered mind and enhanced physique made him a tragic figure that was first enemy, than ally, than Batman's replacement, then a psychotic Batman to eventually redeem himself as a kindhearted ally of Batman who sacrificed himself.

Valley's body was never recovered but he did have a came recently implying he may truly be dead... A Black Lantern Azrael:

More recently a highly trained Afro-American police officer became the Azrael of another branch of the Order and where Valley wielded one or more fiery blades of some kind and relied on an altered physique, Michael Lane was merely highly trained yet armed with the mystical armor of Sorrows.
Almost lost to the curse of the armor and his mystic swords, Batman would save this vigilant and return him to the path of righteousness.

More info can be found here:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Azrael

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azrael_%28comics%29

The possible concepts:

- A new Azrael from the European continent pops up in Gotham to impose his version of 'divine justice' which brings him in conflict with a heroine, villainess or vigilante. Tensions lead to an unexpected alliance when facing a common foe.

- The newest Azrael is contacted to join or assist a DC superhero team. Much like Batman's methods make many of the more paladinesque DC heroes frown, so does the zealotry and agression of the newest Azrael.

- Feel free to suggest other team-ups or 'larger plotlines'. I know the basics of a lot of DC heroines/villainesses but not all by a longshot.
On the female side my favourite characters tend to be Catwoman, Huntress, Harley, Wonder Woman (if played right) but i'm open to other chars as long as the reason they'd cooperate (or fight each other) is believable.

Sephiriel

Wanted to play Harley Quinn for some time now and now that I've read some more on Azrael, I find the character fascinating. Let me know if this idea appeals to you, it's quite a challenge to play in a story based on DC's universe (no pun intended).

Darthvegeta800

I do love Harley and she is quite interesting. Give me a little pm and/or add me to a messenger of your choice and we'll brainstorm a bit on a plot.