The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Started by Inkidu, January 11, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Quote from: Shjade on February 15, 2012, 07:18:25 PM
Except there's no Bound Dagger spell. Sword, battleaxe, bow.
There's a Mod for that.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 15, 2012, 07:18:25 PM
Except there's no Bound Dagger spell. Sword, battleaxe, bow.
Did it make you happy? You know, breaking my bubble. :[

Oh, well. You can always carry a dagger. There just happens to  be piles and piles of corpses in their skivies, and they always have daggers. ::)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Just started a Thief with Archery, Illusion, Alteration, and Conjuration. Turn the biggest prick in the dungeon into a rabies infected killer, watch from the shadows as he cuts down all 6 guys at the poker table and promptly reward him with an arrow through the back of the head.

Inkidu

I was kicking ass and taking names until I got jumped by a freaking pair of bandits. One was really OP for my level, too. He was so OP he got a kill animation on me. x_x;
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on February 16, 2012, 08:39:47 AM
I was kicking ass and taking names until I got jumped by a freaking pair of bandits. One was really OP for my level, too. He was so OP he got a kill animation on me. x_x;

You have to watch out for power attach from some mobs.  Briarheart forsaken have one shot me with two handed weapons. 

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 16, 2012, 11:33:44 AM
You have to watch out for power attach from some mobs.  Briarheart forsaken have one shot me with two handed weapons.
Actually, I had finished killing an Ice Wolf, and they can be pretty nasty if you're not level ten yet. I was healing up when these two bandits came running up. Bastards.

At least it's still not like New Vegas, "Oops, you went one half foot too far north before we wanted you to. Giant radscorpion for you."
Me:(0_o);

All though, is it me or does Skyrim kind of throw around wisp mothers in the oddest of places. When your magic doesn't involve directly hurting things it can get hairy.

Shjade

Think it's just you. I've only seen wisp mothers in two places: one spot in a tomb (where it's there every time), and at one of the surface dragon shrines if you go there before unlocking the dragon quests (dragons aren't guarding the words if you haven't done the western watchtower quest yet, other things are there instead - a hagraven at one, some skeletons at another, etc.).
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Shjade on February 16, 2012, 10:49:40 PM
Think it's just you. I've only seen wisp mothers in two places: one spot in a tomb (where it's there every time), and at one of the surface dragon shrines if you go there before unlocking the dragon quests (dragons aren't guarding the words if you haven't done the western watchtower quest yet, other things are there instead - a hagraven at one, some skeletons at another, etc.).
I've run into about three in various places across various game, but I think only one was where it was supposed to be.

I ran into one at a dragon roost, and that's apparently accounted for.
I ran into one doing something for the mages guild but that was in a ruin.
I ran into my first near Shriekwind Bastion (don't remember witch) guarding nothing particularly important. She was probably on her way to the place she was supposed to guard, because I ran (bravely) and went back later and she was gone.

Shjade

The first two are where they're supposed to be. That tomb/ruin is part of the mage guild quest into the Labyrinthian, right? It's always there.

Dunno about one hanging out by Shriekwind Bastion though. Might've just been random.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oneiros

Thanks a lot, Inkidu. Now I have the Ballad of Sir Robin stuck in my head.

Callie Del Noire

Oneiros

Noooooes! *covers ears and bravely runs away*

Inkidu

So, I've finally started my do-all-the-things game. As if it needed any explanation. It's:

Find all the places, words, shouts, do every major quest and most of the fairly unique tasks. Buy all the houses and essentially finish up all the achievements. See you in six years! :D

EDIT: Why are the last twenty levels such a freaking grind! I never reach fifty because I don't have the patience. Still when I come out the other side I should be pretty cool. I need to get some stuff in the enchanting branch. Also, I found out in another game that if your armor rating is above something like 526, whatever is over that is a waste. You can only ever block 80% of the damage you take. Though I think you could block the elemental damage you take...

EDIT EDIT: Of course, it's the levels after fifty that are supposed to widen the gap between you and your foes, so I'd have to do those if I wanted to be an unstoppable god-made-flesh.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: You know, I thought it was supposed to be impossible to kill Shadowmere. Well, I did. The moral of the story is that Skyrim horses are not good jumpers.

Sabby

Once I get a better hair mod, my Fursona will finally exist :3

SinXAzgard21

I'm getting skyrim for pc now that I've got my gaming rig. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sabby

SinXAzgard21

Inkidu

Sabby, if Akatosh and the Elder Scrolls had meant for Kahjit to fly (with bird wings) he wouldn't have made them you know... cat people! Cats eat birds!

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on February 25, 2012, 10:04:35 PM
Sabby, if Akatosh and the Elder Scrolls had meant for Kahjit to fly (with bird wings) he wouldn't have made them you know... cat people! Cats eat birds!
How do you think he got the wings?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Sabby

There's a reason the Griffin's are extinct >:3

Inkidu

SinXAzgard21

I'm actually waiting on a mod someone is currently working on for dragon mounts.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on February 26, 2012, 04:55:55 PM
I'm actually waiting on a mod someone is currently working on for dragon mounts.
Yawn. Eragon wannabe. I find the return to when dragons were greedy evil power hungry loot hording virgin stealing beasties that made good armor, trophies, and floor rugs a refreshing change of pace from the hyper-enlightened Tolkien elf in reptile form that they've become.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on February 26, 2012, 11:26:32 PM
Yawn. Eragon wannabe. I find the return to when dragons were greedy evil power hungry loot hording virgin stealing beasties that made good armor, trophies, and floor rugs a refreshing change of pace from the hyper-enlightened Tolkien elf in reptile form that they've become.

Okay, point?

Inkidu

Dragon mounts implies friendly Tolkien elf made reptile dragons. There's a reason you have to coerce the one into actually riding him. These dragons aren't nice.