Airship Crash on Claw Island (Pathfinder game)

Started by Sethala, March 21, 2013, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

Sorry, I keep forgetting to mention HP rules in posts.

Yes, roll for HP.  I'll go edit that into the first post as well.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, will roll my HP then. Anyways I wait on your judgment in regards about Lord of Darkness archtype. Either way background story would remain same but I may have demonic patron then which I revere and later take feat to get some powers from my 'faith' so to speak.

Angie

I did my rolls, ended up with a total hp of 28. Add in the 3 for Rogue favored class, and I get 31.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Top Cat

With permission, I'd like to change my Alignment to Chaotic Neutral, with an explanation.

In my experience, most people equate "Chaotic Neutral" with insane, unpredictable, and prone to changing his mind on a whim. That's not how I see it; I think that definition comes from a fundamental confusion between two different definitions of "Chaotic." Most of the time, they talk about "Chaotic," with regard to alignment, as being the opposite of "Lawful" - that is, disorderly, independent, and living by rules from within, rather than obeying laws or rules imposed from without. But when talking about Chaotic Neutral, they switch to the other meaning of chaotic, meaning random, disruptive, and unpredictable.

For my character, he's Chaotic because he lives by his own code of conduct, having little regard for laws or other people's ideas of justice. And he is Neutral because he isn't either expressly evil or good - he can do noble acts for the sake of doing them, or he can commit great evil if he believes it should be done. For example, he might volunteer to work for a warlord for free if the warlord was furthering a purpose that he agreed with... and might then turn around and assassinate the warlord if the warlord stiffed him on payment. He has no qualms about killing people who piss him off.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

ShadowFox89

I managed to play a chaotic neutral kitsune rogue with little problem, beyond her getting in trouble a lot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blinkin

Quote from: Top Cat on March 22, 2013, 02:08:26 PM
With permission, I'd like to change my Alignment to Chaotic Neutral, with an explanation.

In my experience, most people equate "Chaotic Neutral" with insane, unpredictable, and prone to changing his mind on a whim. That's not how I see it; I think that definition comes from a fundamental confusion between two different definitions of "Chaotic." Most of the time, they talk about "Chaotic," with regard to alignment, as being the opposite of "Lawful" - that is, disorderly, independent, and living by rules from within, rather than obeying laws or rules imposed from without. But when talking about Chaotic Neutral, they switch to the other meaning of chaotic, meaning random, disruptive, and unpredictable.

For my character, he's Chaotic because he lives by his own code of conduct, having little regard for laws or other people's ideas of justice. And he is Neutral because he isn't either expressly evil or good - he can do noble acts for the sake of doing them, or he can commit great evil if he believes it should be done. For example, he might volunteer to work for a warlord for free if the warlord was furthering a purpose that he agreed with... and might then turn around and assassinate the warlord if the warlord stiffed him on payment. He has no qualms about killing people who piss him off.

I think that you're confusing chaotic and neutral on that side of things. Neutral is usually considered the opposite of lawful. Chaotic is the sort of flip side of both lawful and neutral. Lawful feels that lawas are there for some reason; either to use for your own benefit, or for society's benefit. Neutrals are more personal compas and moral code. Chaotic merge the two.

Your description of CN for yourself is largely the same as was described in the 2nd ed. AD&D alignments... although if you're working for a warlord for nothing, then kill him for not paying you.... that is psychopathic. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Top Cat

Heh. =^_^= Yeah, but if he insisted on paying after I offered for free, and then welshed on the promised payment, my character would consider it a slight of honor - he's not so concerned with the money, as people living up to their promises. Someone who would go back on a voluntary payment is even lower than one that tried to weasel out of iron-clad obligations.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Top Cat on March 22, 2013, 02:20:41 PM
Heh. =^_^= Yeah, but if he insisted on paying after I offered for free, and then welshed on the promised payment, my character would consider it a slight of honor - he's not so concerned with the money, as people living up to their promises. Someone who would go back on a voluntary payment is even lower than one that tried to weasel out of iron-clad obligations.

Go lawful neutral. You can write your own code of conduct and bullshit your actions as standing by that ;)

It's why it's my favorite alignment.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Top Cat

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 22, 2013, 02:40:31 PM
Go lawful neutral. You can write your own code of conduct and bullshit your actions as standing by that ;)

It's why it's my favorite alignment.
But that doesn't really work, not by my understanding of the alignment system. Lawful types live by a code of conduct that has been imposed from outside - a Knight's order, the laws of the land, the workplace rules of their employer. They seek to maintain a level of order and consistency by following those rules, and encouraging others to follow those rules.

... and we're probably tangenting into territory that should be taken out of this thread, into a different section of the forum. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

ShadowFox89

QuoteLawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government.

Lawful neutral means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Emphasis mine. Lawful Neutral is good for making a blade-for-hire that will gladly slaughter entire armies, but refuses to kill children.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Videospirit

They do actually have to have a personal code in that they follow though, even if its their own personal creation. They can't just make it up as they go along or change it as it suits them like a chaotic.

Top Cat

As Videospirit says, they do still have to have a code of conduct - as a Lawful, they're going to be consistent and predictable. If I were GM'ing and someone wanted to make a Lawful that lived by their own moral compass, not laws or some other outside structure, I'd ask them to write down a list of the rules they live by, and punish them when they stray without a really good reason.

Made a formal discussion about this HERE, so we can stop derailing Sethala's thread. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Sethala

For the record, I personally don't like the alignment system being used for mechanical things, and I'm not going to hold you to any specific actions just because your alignment says so (nor am I going to strip you of class features just because your character made a few unusual choices).

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, as antipaladin I would had been most punished from straying from my behavior. As LE he would associate with good people because of survival but not by his choice and he would seek someway or other to be in charge of things (be organizer, be leader, be the alpha guy etc). Also any sign of disagreement he would try solve via talking but if talking is not enough he is ready use force to reinforce his status if need be (not first choice but absolutely last considering survival).

NicciKotor

The best part is figuring out whom is going to be my prime molester. Since I don't think you guys can all share.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Videospirit

Oh I'm sure Tiff can rise to the challenge of sating us all.

Zaer Darkwail

Someone needs be Tiff's pimp who hands her out. If we all use her she will become withered and worn out eventually :P. So far I had thinked sir Adrian would be her main molester/pimp but we shall see once thread opens up.

Top Cat

To avoid forcing Sethala to make hard choices, and with it being obvious that there are already enough Rogues in the party, I'll offer to bow out. I'll be keeping an eye open, and possibly joining later, or next time. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Zaer Darkwail

True that if she is worn out she is too tired to think anything and just go with it  >:).

But it's not fun if she passes out from exhaustion so you need balance it up properly anyways. She will get regular use for sure either by Adrian or when he pimps her out as reward for someone doing good job in scavenging or in general survivor stuff. So long no permanent harm is done to goods everything is okay to do with her.

So far I thinked once Adrian finds his masterwork tattoo set he inscribes one Sin runes on her (with GM approval his Cruelties help cover spells needed cost and so he does not need depend spells to make somekind lesser tattoo of obedience).

who149

I think the fair way to settle who's going to be her prime Molester is a cage match. The winner is her owner and gets to set the schedules.

Of course once schedules have been set, they will then promptly be ignored and she'll just get fucked by everyone at once anyway.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Naturally whomever becomes the owner of me gets all of the perks. Once my arms are free I can cast endure elements and locate object, which will make dealing with the heat much more pleasurable, along with getting his stuff back. My touch can also remove status effects and gain knowledge of a persons weaknesses.

I can also cast shield other as well for my primary molester.

Videospirit

Yes, need to charm the fighter chick into helping me overthrow the antipaladin when he bids for control and get that luscious elf to myself.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

NicciKotor

Sethela needs to weed out the freeloaders first to see what the final list is.

who149

Perhaps the OOC/Character thread should be made just to see who's still here~
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!