Shakespearean Mafia - Act One. (Day 5)

Started by Kip, August 27, 2009, 11:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

Concept

Two households, both alike in dignity,
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life,
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents̓ strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents̓ rage,
Which but their children̓s end, naught could remove,
Is now the two-hours̓traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare

It is in this setting of discord and feuding that we base our adventure.  The families Capulet and Montague battle to eliminate each other while the star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet and their love for each other struggle to survive.  The struggle is set in a world similar to that of the Mafia game.

The eight players are split between the two families - Capulet and Montague, four players in each.  Noone knows what family anyone else is on, even if they are of the same family.  The point of the game is to transform uncertainty into knowledge through strategic skill or pure and utter luck.  Players win the game if the family opposing them is wiped out.  Each day, players vote to arrange an assassination of one of their peers with a majority vote winning.  Each family has a support within their ranks - their family Fortune Teller.  A special role taken on by one player in each family, a role that is not revealed publically except by their choice, it allows the daily discovery of the familial affiliation of another player.

There is a complicating factor mixed in.  The Starcrossed Lovers, Romeo and Juliet, are hidden within the ranks of the two families - one in each family.  Their goal is not the success of their family - their goal is the elimination of the obstacles to their love, the elimination of the two feuding families.  Romeo and Juliet are the only two players who know and can trust others from the start.  To win the game, the starcrossed lovers must be the last two standing... a challenging task.

See below for specific details and limitations of the Fortune Tellers and the Starcrossed Lovers as well as specific game rules.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

Gameplay

Winning the Game

Winning the game depends on which role you get.

If you are part of the Capulet family, all of the Montagues must die.
If you are part of the Montague family, all of the Capulets must die.
If you are one of the star-crossed lovers, you must survive along with your love to win.  You may be able to survive the death of your love but you will never forgive your family... tragedy will overcome you at the end.

Game Rules

1) Do not quote PMs from others, including the GM, to others who were not a part of the original conversation.  Generally, you can share such information but you need to take it and make it your own and earn trust or provide your own particular brand of proof.  Remember, save direct confirmation from the GM, nothing can be taken for granted.

2) Always include the GM in the recipient list when PM'ing another player or players.  I'm a voyeur at heart and well... it's fun.

3) Remember - it's a game and it's fun!    Character death is part of the game but don't go out of your way to ruin someone's fun or destroy the game for them.    If it is a certainty, based on voting, that your character will die - be sporting and don't try and spoil the fun for everyone else.  Don't publicly reveal information in an attempt to spoil the game or skew the game. 

4) It's a trial game - I'm working on creating a good balance - please be aware of this and let me know of any concerns you have or anything you think could be improved.

5) Have fun!  FUN I say!

Game-day process
There are two events that happen during the game-day.

1) Assassination -
  • One a day total based on public majority voting.
  • Will result in character death and the revealing of the player's family ties and special role (if applicable) by the GM

2) Fortune Telling -
  • Fortune Tellers pick one person each day to focus on and will be told the results after the Assasination occurs.

Special Roles

Fortune Teller - There are two fortune tellers.  One for the Capulet family and one for the Montague family.

• Each night, the fortune tellers pick another player to focus upon and are told which family that player is a part of.
    As a result, they can either trust or work against that player.
  • Fortune Tellers do have a familial affiliation and will be working for the success of their family.  Determining whether they are part of your family or not is up to you.
  • Fortune Tellers are only told which family a player is from and not whether that player is the other Fortune Teller, Romeo or Juliet.
  • Should they be assassinated, they do not find out the result of their mystic ability for that same night.  Death interrupts their focus.
  • Fortune Tellers cannot take the role of the Starcrossed Lovers as well.
  • Fortune Tellers will have their role revealed upon death.

Starcrossed Lovers (Romeo and Juliet)

• There are two Starcrossed Lovers - Romeo and Juliet - chosen randomly from the families.
  • Starcrossed Lovers will have each others identity revealled to each other at the beginning of the game through private PM from the GM
  • The focus of the Starcrossed Lovers should be on the elimination of everyone else except themselves.  Sneakiness, Plotting and Lies are encouraged.
  • Starcrossed Lovers cannot also be Fortune Tellers.

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

The Capulet and Montague have waged a small war for what seemed like an eternity.  Nothing seems like it will be able to bridge the two families.  The differences in values are too wide, the hatred almost incomprehensible.  A chance meeting between the two families has escalated beyond name calling and staring down.  Heated threats are being made and menacing gestures and movements are starting to unnerve everybody.

You are a member of the two families and seem to be stuck in the milling crowd.  Hatred for the other family has overcome you and your vision is almost red from the fury coursing through your veins.  Mere abuse cannot express this and instead you throw out threats of death and graphic descriptions of how you will achive this end.

The families have just gathered and there is much confusion but you feel the need to eliminate your hated enemy.  Who will die this day?  Who will not see the sunrise?

Players
Bradten
CircMaster
Izu
Ladysky
Marguerite
Ryven
Saku
Trieste

Roles
1 Capulets (may include Juliet)
2 Montagues (may include Romeo)
1 Capulet Fortune Teller

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

LadySky

Her glare deepens as she stalks the room, her enemies everywhere. Nothing will escape her notice this night, she ready to battle at a moments notice. Sending looks of hatred to her enemies LadySky stands alone and sips her drink.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

Saku sticks close by Marguerite and glares at anyone who comes near them. For she is convinced that Marguerite is of the same family as she is and will fight anyone who dares come close to them.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kip

Sorry,

I was unclear in my text *smiles*

It is the first day and threats are being levelled.  It is time to publicly announce who you believe to be your enemy... who should be assasinated in this coming night.

((OOC - this is the first public Assassination vote... think of it like a lynching in Werewolves)).

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Trieste

*squints*

Saku is a dirty Capugue!

Er... or was that Montalet? *frowns*

Izu

*is glaring at everyone, waiting for everyone to show up and then decide who should die tonight*

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Ryven

*eyes Izu*  I don't trust anyone...especially him.  *points*

Izu

*points at self* Me? Why me? *pouts* You better change your opinion! *cries*
I think the goddess is quite tricky... Trieste...

Trieste

*bites her thumb in Izu's general direction*

Kip

Assassination Voting -
Saku - 4 votes : Trieste, Ladysky, bradten, Izu
Izu - 3 votes : Saku, Marguerite, CircMastr
Trieste - 1 vote : Ryven
Bradten
CircMaster
Ladysky
Marguerite
Ryven

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

LadySky

Alright, alright! I give in! I will make a freakin vote now!

Hmmmmmm, well.....um.....I think, well.....maybe..um, uh, uh........oh dear, I think.......ummmmmmm

Well damn, Saku!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Insight

I suppose the upstanding, well-doing, God-fearing family can have but one vote.

Saku
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Saku

Saku decides to go with Izu since she has certain information that she believes to be correct. For now.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Izu

Hm... If Saku is sure that Izu's an enemy... then it means that Izu is sure that Saku's an enemy as well. I change my vote to Saku

Marguerite

Hugging her poor Saku to her side, she voted for Izu because she believes in her good friend.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

CirclMastr

With a long and steady glare, CirclMastr bites his thumb at.. Izu.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Izu

//Ooc: Kiiiip~ you haven't changed my vote to Saku~ *points a few posts up*

Kip

Quote from: Izu on August 31, 2009, 08:25:56 AM
//Ooc: Kiiiip~ you haven't changed my vote to Saku~ *points a few posts up*

((OOC: Sorry!))

Suddenly, a scribe keels over dead...  Another scribe runs into the room to take the suddenly deceased scribe's spot, glances nervously upward towards the heaven and quickly corrects the half-done work.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

*looks puzzled and unsure*

I...I change my vote to Trieste!

I cannot bear to put either one to death when I am not sure.

Kip

"This day's black fate on more days doth depend:
This but begins the woe others must end."

As Saku was returning home for the night, unsettled by the run in with the family for which hate ran deep within her vein, she heard a noise behind her.  Turning around, she could see nothing in the darkness and nervousness overcame her.  Faster and faster were her steps as she ran down the dimly lit road.  Faster and faster were the gazes she shot over her shoulder.  A sudden burst of fear spurred her on as she heard a clatter as something was knocked over somewhere in the shadows.

Her haste and misdirected gaze cost her her life.  In the end, she was running and still looking behind her when a figure stepped out of the shadows and levelled a sword at her... a sword she impaled herself on through her inattention.  A gasp escaped her and no more.  In her death, her clenched fist loosed and a single coin dropped out onto the pavement.  A C was engraved into it and suddenly there was no doubt.  Saku Capulet was dead... the first victim of the feud in this modern era.

"Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast"

Night has fallen and activity begins behind the scenes.  The fortune tellers stir and begin their arcane rituals.

Roles
2 Capulets (may include Juliet)
3 Montagues (may include Romeo)
1 Capulet Fortune Teller
1 Montague Fortune Teller

OOC - Now is just a time for chatter, gasps, allegation throwing.  I'll open up voting for Day 2 shortly.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Trieste

Oh my god, I would never have thought that she be a Capulet.

I don't know how I feel about this.

* Trieste pauses and looks at Marguerite. "And what about you? You were close to Saku ... Really, really close."

Marguerite

-Eyes Trieste-

Yes, I was close to her and had no clue of her roles.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven