Erotic Fantasy RP (interest check)

Started by Mystic Mika, July 31, 2010, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverfyre

Silverfyre's character:

Name: Almarath "Al" Crownsilver

Concept in a sentence: Elven rogue seeking out a new existence after being exiled from homeland; ex-Guild thief.

Brief background (or more, if you like): Almarath grew up in the sprawling urban metropolis of Denas.  The city hugs the coastal region of the mainland, a thriving mercantile port city that is ruled by the whims of the rich and the opportunistic.  Abandoned by his elven parents to an orphanage (they had enough mouths to feed), Al grew up among other "unwanted": half orcs, the youngest children of large families, the destitute sailors who wandered the streets looking for work, and other criminal elements.  He was given no quarter nor did he expect any.  Mercy would get you killed on the streets and as soon as he was old enough to leave the orphanage, he sought out an existence with the darker aspects of society.  Al fell in with the local thieves guild, becoming a pickpocket and burglar.  His natural affinity for dexterity and his keen mind made him a prized member of the guild and as he continued to go up the ranks, he soon became a lieutenant in the organization, under the halfling crime boss, Justine.  Al soon became her most prized tool, her personal pet assassin.  Some whispered the two were sharing a bed but neither was speaking on the subject.  Power and wealth soon came to the elf and for the first time in his long but shallow life, he had a feeling of belonging and a sense of being important. But, all of that soon changed as two of the lieutenants made a bid for power. 

Justine was killed and Al barely escaped the city with his life.  The guild exiled him and the elf had no choice but to flee to distant shores, beyond the reach of the guild and away from the destruction of his former life.  His passage on the last boat out of Denas brought him to the shores of the Smoke Lands and Fort Quinza.  He has settled here in the small city over the last year and is now seeking out other tides of income, outside of his usual territories. 

Al has some influence amongst the criminal elements of Ft. Quinza, especially with the "ladies of the night' and even patronizes some of them frequently, as both a customer and some might say their "keeper".

Personality and Description:
Al could be considered handsome by some, more probable due to his elven blood and less of a conscious decision.  His features retain their youthfulness, giving him a boyish quality but there is a bit of a rough, weathered appearance to him, cut from a long existence as a creature of the urban environment.  He stands just under six feet tall and is lithe and wiry in build, a figure forged by decades of stalking from the shadows and lurking in dark alleyways.  His light green eyes are often squinted in the harsh sunlight of the tropical lands, his face often carrying a scowl.  A thin scar covers his left cheek and his long, deft hands are crisscrossed with the assorted, acquired nicks and scraps of a life lived hard, the life of a rogue.  His blonde hair is shoulder length and is often pulled away from his face by a simple leather band.  He dresses plainly in dark leathers or a chain shirt, favoring utilitarian clothing over high fashion.  A blade is always kept at hand.

Al's personality is much like his demeanor: rough, calloused, and at points, downright mean.  This is not to say that he is social inept, but rather quite the opposite.  He has something of a reputation as a lady's man but only among a select few does he show his finer side.  A lifetime spent among the rougher elements of the world has created a diamond hard exterior but to those loyal few he calls friends, and to the fairer sex, he can stern but friendly enough to not instinctively reach for a dagger.

Portrait: (please edit/resize to about 200 pixels tall.  For ambiance, please refrain from anime pics.  Stuck?  Try drakonis) Linky: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/DjSlayer/elf_by_sandara.jpg

Sheet to come!

Ixy

Silverfyre

Are other folks still interested in this game? 

Ixy

If app's don't come in, I'll re-post another recruitment thread with more cohesion and creation rules at the front.

Silverfyre

Cool, I got my sheet done but it won't save to text. You got an email we can send pdf sheets for your review?

Laughing Hyena

Begging my ignorance but what is the BoEF? And I am interested in this game.

Chloe Milev

Oh, right.  I'm still in, just trying to find a concept that hooks me in.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Starfall Smiting Prince

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 10, 2010, 11:05:29 PM
Begging my ignorance but what is the BoEF? And I am interested in this game.
Book of Erotic Fantasy and yeah sure I'll be interested in such a game.

Ironwolf85

I think I'll post some kind of character...
I've had a cool kind of construct up for another game, but it's getting off the ground slowly.
if there's still room that is
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ixy

Please do-- I've received only one character summary so far, and it's a good one.  I don't believe in 'take all comers'; I prefer to pick a small group with styles and characters that interact well. 

My initial timeline included starting today or tomorrow, but I don't think that will quite happen yet :)  If others still want to play in a game I run, see the background post earlier and the creation app/guidelines.  Plenty of time!  I'll probably update the recruitment thread with a more accurate subject and a more concise synopsis later.

Though I didn't make this 100% clear before, I'd like us to use Paizo's material from d20pfsrd.com as our core rules because it's good and it's free.  For any other resources, feel free to ask-- we're giving away free skill ranks and feats from GUCK and BoeF for this too, especially those that are game broadening rather than game enhancing-- meaning I'll be a little tougher on free meta-magic than on 'non-combat smexiness'.

Oh, and-- I know I've said this in other threads, but please consider finding a character avatar from Drakonis's Fantasy Avatar gallery.  You  can find it by googling Drakonis.  If you find one you like, PM me the link or label.  Thanks!

Starfall Smiting Prince

Name: Gorrath of clan Thunderbird
Concept in a sentence:Human Barbarian , Avenger of his tribe.
Brief background (or more, if you like):
Gorrath was born among the clansmen of Thunderbird,a barbarian tribe living far off from most civilization. There he and his clans fought goblinoids creatures to take over their lands. In a fight for supremacy where only the toughest and strongest survive. Gorrath proved to be the man for such a thing, raging like a beast and fighting like a ox among them. One night tho, as he was celebrating a victory with his tribesmen. A cold wave rushed through the tavern. Gorrath took his weapons and whoever among his men weren't too drunk to fight.

An ogre mage was leading the assault, the beast would not fell under the assault of the barbarian. As if his wounds were always closing from the hits of Gorrath. The goblins and bugbears were setting the village on fire and raiding on children and women.  Gorrath ran to the treasure room and took the greataxe known as Talon of the Thunderbird then while being pursue by the Ogre mage jumped from the hills to the nearest river.

There he swam down the river to the falls, while a rain of arrows came down from the sky and one of them landed on his shoulder, this didn't stop Gorrath from running and knocking his head against a rock.  Guess this night the gods didn't want him to fell, as Gorrath woke up on the shores with some blood coming down his forehead.

He walked for what seemed an eternity in the woods, some wild animals tried to stop him but he slashed through every single ones of them. Until he found a caravan under attacks by goblins and an orc at the lead. Gorrath with blind fury stormed at them and slashed through every single ones of them. The people in the caravan thanked him and offered him to take him to the nearest fort.

Gorrath followed them too tired to resume his journey alone. There at the fort Quinza, Gorrath found work as a hunter by bringing them exotic birds and other kind of animals.

Personality and Description: Gorrath stands 6'6 and appears to be heavily muscular, mostly covering himself in armor and using a very well made greataxe, people told him the axe was magic but this didn't surprise him. It was the talon of the Thunderbird after all. Gorrath doesn't talk much, preferring to act instead of debating of what has to be done and just do what has to be done. Underneath the helm, the barbarian has a forming beard but looking at his face, you could tell that Gorrath wasn't older than twenty six or seven years old yet all the scars and his battle hardened visage tells of a life of violence and Warfare. He is a glutton when it comes to food, ale and women as he never seems to get enough of them.

Gorrath is always looking for new places to explore and new challenges to take, from what he understood, they had a god that did that, Kord and while he still respect the symbol of his tribe. Gorrath saw that Kord actually listened to the prayers of his worshiper and has began his conversion toward learning about the god of strength and courage.

Portrait:Gorrath

I'll work on a character sheet if dm finds the character appropriate for the campaign.

Ironwolf85

debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Chloe Milev

Name:  Aeran
Concept in a sentence:  Grappling dominatrix
Brief background:  From an ancient amphibious human race, she has left her society to explore the world.  She joined on with work ships headed to New Hadrius as her amphibious nature would make her a very valuable worker and scout.  Her strong, lawful nature saw her rise to a supervisor position very quickly in the company.
Personality and Description:  Aventi culture is very regimented and devout, and even rebels and adventurers are organized and methodical.  She grew up training in a monastery, but didn't have the insight to excel.  She mostly enjoyed her lessons in punching and choking people, and continues to perfect her skills in those areas.
Portrait:

Appearance:  Aeran is tall, statuesque, and a bit scary.  A strong, tough woman, she can play the dominatrix part well, but her long flowing hair and very round curves also show a softer side.  Coming from a very regimented and devout society, she's not a natural liar; her face often gives her away.  And with a figure like hers, it's sometimes difficult to go about unnoticed.
-Bluff, Diplomacy, +Intimidate, +Seduction, -Stealth
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Ironwolf85

I finally hit on a concept, a mechanical bard... kinda a life size marionette who changes parts to change roles in an acting troupe...
Living construct of course...
how would that fare?

Laughing Hyena

Name: Davor Turvok

Concept in a sentence: A half orc runt that lack physical strength but harbors a rare power amongst his kind.

Brief background (or more, if you like): Davor was unfortunate through out much of his life, which began even when he was born. For unlike many of his fellow half orc he did not have the kind of intense physical stature that was so familiar with half orcs, robbing him of one of the few advantages they had. He was a runt, born puny and with weak muscles, ill suited for the rough life ahead of him. His mother was a victim of intense rape from a war band of orcs. Perhaps she never could love him as a son, for he looked like the dreaded war band that took her body as a toy. He grew in a orphanage of Pelor and was quickly forgotten about.

Whilst most half orcs had the luxury of being big, strong and very intimidating, Davor had nothing of the sorts and as such was the victim of many pranks from the bigger children due to his mixed blood. Many a night he kept wishing for anything to help him with such dark times. Perhaps it was not by coincidence that as he grew his jaw grew straight and whilst his teeth were mostly fangs, his skin smoothed to a hue of white and his eyes had a tint of emerald to those green pupils, a lasting gift from his mother. He had become quite decent looking though it didn't stop the teasings it made it slightly more bearable that a few glances from the girls came his way from the budding growth.

All the same his true nature would manifest itself when at age fourteen he had tried to woo a young girl who sang at the choir and for the moment all seemed well until her secret admirer was discovered to be a half orc and the children were quite merciless towards him and the choir girl. Seeing this he tried to intervene and recieved a bare fisted beatdown for his trouble. The boys were intent on taking a bit more from the choir girl in the form of her body, akin to the orc savages he was heir to. However it was then in Davor's anger that his true powers manifested as a streak of magical energy struck one of tormentors from behind. With that one act of instinct, Davor had saved his crush from being molested, however changed his life forever.

He could have stayed perhaps but that would have been folly, the priests would never have understood how a half orc could have channeled magic. They would have perhaps branded him a warlock or such and tried to kill him. Fearing such a fate he fled with what little possessions and savings he could have made, he struck out on his own. The world didn't seem so scary anymore now that he felt properly armed with his magic. He became an adventurer by need and not by choice for what else could someone like him be good for? He didn't belong but also what good is power if he doesn't use it.

Often he would find himself visiting whore houses and the like of prestige upon the few successful ventures he was on. It was here he would find a better knack for the skills of physical pleasure though for him it was ore of recreation then a sheer want to break into the business. As he grew in power one of his ventures took a surprising turn when he came across a pair of bracers that were of gold with a silver trim and draconic leather. Betting the opposing member of his party whom wanted it that he could pleasure a woman better, was how he came to claim it as his own. But before even that he had to risk life and limb for it having to pelt a lizard man shaman with his magics to prevent him from intervening in the fight to clear out a ruined temple of Pelor.

Along this adventure came a second spoil though this one was a bit more easier to get dibs on for it was a potion that could cure wounds  without the need of a cleric or the like. Which for him could be a lifesaver in of itself. he found it after dealing with a batch of spiders. It was taken with no regrets after coming up with the smart solution to burn the webs' upsetting the spiders and drawing them into the tunnels to choke them and finish them off. It was quite a good day to be the brains of the outfit during this time.

However his tale took a drastic turn when he heard of perhaps untold opportunity and wealth in the tavern rumors of a diamond mind within the recently established city of Quizna. Regardless of rumor or not it was still a budding town and an intrepid adventurer with enough wit and skill as he could probably make a decent fortune there. The lure of fortune and perhaps innocent damsels or not so innocent ones and the potential to reap the good life were what called him forth. His first act once there would be to secure a place for himself and then to investigate a few rumors surrounding this place. People needed things handled and outsiders were a perfect way to manage such a task.

Personality: Davor is jaded during his youth, constantly of the impression that nothing is given to you for free and everything must be earned however you can manage. He is very ruthless with his enemies only staying his hand when they surrender and even then taking no chances. He does nothing to sway others notions that he is a savage beast and play on others fears greatly with harsh orc tongue when he needs to make on cower.

He is very practical in combat often going straight for the kill in most circumstances or allowing others to handle their jobs. Due to his natural profession, death rarely phases him but he has trouble warming up to a person because of it. And also because he is of the mindset people are only looking out for themselves. Despite all this he will go out of his way to help someone whom asks of it should they be sincere. Those who earn his trust find a very stern and loyal ally.

To a lover he is exceedingly gentle especially with his mouth knowing how it can sting a person so well with the mouth of fangs he naturally has. All the same he prefers taking his time and warming a woman up to the point where she writhes with desire seeking his length for that final release. He is also quite careful with a lover making sure that they harbor no surprises for the morning which is why he only pays for the best and reputable concubines and harlots. Few bed with him willingly without the concept of money behind it and he does not force the issue. If one seeks him out he would not turn it away.

Appearance: White skinned which is quite rare amongst half orcs, one could wonder why this was. Truth be told even Davor does not know of this reason and honestly does not care. His teeth are mostly pronounced with fangs only adding to his naturally imposing form. His hair was short and only ends at the start of the neck. Jet black in hue it curled slightly in its natural state. Sharp green eyes with an emerald tint peer out from his face. Often preferring dark robes to help add to such a fearsome manner as well preferring midnight blue.

When one disrobes him one sees the slightly average build he has. Few muscles are developed and he is slightly hairless however he is still thin and limber due to his life as an adventurer. He only stands at five feet, six inches in height however his natural endowments still remain strong for a half orc as his length was seven inches long and two and a half inches wide. Considerably wide for a human though one could argue that most half orcs are bigger in comparison. The hairs are trimmed showing proper hygiene showing more civil nature in this regard then most.

Portrait: http://drakonis.org/d/content/01_+%20Human%20and%20Elves/12_Dark%20Spellcaster/00_Male/dark%20spellcaster%20m-262.jpg

Ixy

Thanks again for your patience, guys... we'll have an OOC thread, Character thread, and IC thread by tomorrow, and then we'll start IC by Sunday :)

Ironwolf85

I'm not sure I can do all of this, I don't wanna whip up a sheet on dial up and waste my time I got a good character... but not gonna do the legwork I think... maybe next week if I get a day off

Ixy

If you need more time, that's okay.  As long as you have a concept and background, you can start 'light' RP.  I don't expect challenges right off the bat :)

Ironwolf85

Name: Vinteomaltio
Concept in a sentence: a living construct based on a life size marionette, formerly an actor now fallen on hard times and is seeking adventure to try and reestablish his fortune.
Brief background (or more, if you like): once a well known actor designed to entertain the southern courts, normal puppets were not going to cut it in a world of magic and wonder. so Vinteo was built from a combination of clockwork and magic to entertain. He could easily slip in and out of roles by just changing parts unfortnately nobility are fickle, and were quickly entertained by somthing else. Vinteo discovered not only was he now unemployed, he also had no money, as it was all given to his acting troupe. the troupe split up, and he found himself going from job to job, and eventually seeking his fortune in the new world. the young idealistic actor finds his current inability to change his body fustrating, other than construct traits he has the same stats as a human, as he was playing a cursed human in the play when the troupe broke up
Personality and Description: intelligent, quick to anylise people, but often expecting things to turn out like a play. He found his possessions sold when the troupe fell on hard times, meaning he was stuck with the modifications he had for his last play, a midsummer night's dream. of course in the decadent southern court that included a bit of pornagraphic stuff too.
Portrait:

Primarch

I'd be interested in joining, I'm very experienced with 3.5, but have no knowledge of Pathfinder or BoEF, if someone were willing to help me out with a suggest feat or help me convert a D&D character into pathfinder, I'd appreciate it.

Starfall Smiting Prince

everything is literally in the srd but basically what you must know:

skills, some have been combined move silently and hide are stealth for example, no more skills x4 at first level but instead if it is a class skill, you get to add +3 as a class bonus to skill and now skill max = your level. No more extra cost for cross class skills.

A feat every odd level.

Some class features, more appropriate bonuses for races, no more multiclass penalties that what I could think of at the moment, all the rest is pretty similar and some feats and spells have been changed. Essentially check the srd linked above, they have a character creation section in the srd.

Ironwolf85

don't forget my two favorite changes...
Cantrips: weak 0 level spells you never run out of
Combat Manuver Bonus/Defence: gets rid of all those looking up stuff to do fancy stuff like tackle, trip, bull rush, and overrun. just CMB Vs CMD

Silverfyre

Eh, looks like I'm going to have to withdraw from this game.  Thanks for having me but time is just drying up due to work.  Take care and hope it goes well.

Ixy

OOC thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79164.0

Please bear in mind that character approval is required, and I hate being mean, but I won't accept all players.  Note, please, that Warforged aren't allowed.

Ironwolf85