Music that really GRATES on you

Started by Captain Maltese, May 16, 2008, 07:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethite

I can't stand rap and techno, all this music with loud, rythmic blasts without melody.
Truly, madly, deeply...

Lithos

I agree with rap there.. Rythm without much melody I can take sometimes, but just rythm and someone talking crap? no thanks.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Kazae

Were it not likely to be taken as a dismissive personal attack, I would say but two words.

Faithless - Insomnia.

That said, if you want a prime an example of techno that doesn't suck, nearly ANYTHING by the Basement Jaxx, or Hybrid.

Strangely enough, I'm not overtly fond of rap, but there's a few exceptions to the rule, one of which is more involved due to the pun and parody that resulted than the actual song itself.

then again, I DARE almost anyone here to NOT be entertained by White and Nerdy.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...

Bayushi

Quote from: Kyou on June 18, 2008, 11:32:11 PMBut I'm mostly addicted to soundtracks. Especially video game soundtracks. Anything ny nobou uematsu and harry gregorson-williams rocks my socks hard. Shadow of the Collossus had awesome music. And Suteki da ne is one of my favorite songs ever.
Love japanese music. Hate japanese people trying to sing in english music (aka, Utada's Exodus).
Yesh. And rap.

<3 ya, Kyou!  :-*

Anyways.....

I like a wide, WIDE variety of music. I listen to some metal, some rock(70's, mostly), house/techno/trance and the other assorted styles popularly referred to as 'Techno'. In addition, I have a particular love of good video game soundtracks.... especially those composed by Nobuo Uematsu(Final Fantasy, until X-2 made him leave Square-Enix).

What I can't stand is Rap, with a few exceptions(old Snoop Dogg was good stuff, as was Tupac). I also REVILE Country music..... moreso than Rap. I don't care for Opera, for the most part.....

Can't think of much else.

Maeven

Quote from: Kazae on September 24, 2008, 05:33:30 AM
Were it not likely to be taken as a dismissive personal attack, I would say but two words.

Faithless - Insomnia.

That said, if you want a prime an example of techno that doesn't suck, nearly ANYTHING by the Basement Jaxx, or Hybrid.

Strangely enough, I'm not overtly fond of rap, but there's a few exceptions to the rule, one of which is more involved due to the pun and parody that resulted than the actual song itself.

then again, I DARE almost anyone here to NOT be entertained by White and Nerdy.

<3 <3 <3 Basement Jaxx   

Red Alert is one of my all time favorite techno songs.

And, and... Carl Cox. And Deep Dish. And, and Ferry Corsten. 

*breathes*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

RubySlippers

Degrading Rap you know kill the police, do drugs, all women are whores etc. etc.

I don't mind sexy Rap that appreciates women or the like but some is soooo bad.

Oniya

Anything on the "Music of Faith" collections, particularly if accompanied by video of the crowd.  Nothing against hymns, either traditional or folk (I even learned the high harmony lines to several), but those particular collections creep me out.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caehlim

Any song about how awesome the singer is, particularly bragging about their wealth, violent lifestyle or sexual proclivities.

Any song with more words in slang than conventional english (or whichever language I'm listening to).

"Flat" music, I need either a moving melody or a changing rhythym. The same repetative sound over and over again though doesn't appeal.

Combine these three and you basically get the genre of rap, so I'm extremely dubious about any rap music.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Silence

Any song by system of a down or there lead singer.. I can't stand them/him! When reading the title of this thread I thought of them, his voice grates my ears.  :-\

Inkidu

All metal
All country
All rap, most hip-hop

Yeah I don't like a lot of any popular music, nibble me. (Don't want to get bitten early in the morning.)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.