X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelita

Quote from: Amelita on May 18, 2014, 08:26:10 PM
I'm kind of thinking about a male Storm or a Black Panther.

But I'm also kind of thinking Hawkeye or Gambit.

And... I can't decide -snicker-

Gonna think about it some.

Or ooooooh if Wolverine is back up for grabs...

This is my first interest post. Tons has happened since xD

Storm would be such a hunk, but I do like the idea of Gambit too >.>

I don't know.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Bloodied Porcelain

Here is a question... If we want to snag a cannon and do it our way... how do we handle the fact that so many cannons are SO different depending on the comic/show/movie you're dealing with?

I'm considering fem!Pyro... but the Pyro in the movies is NOTHING like the one in the old Fox show is nothing like the one in the new comics is nothing like the one in the old comics...
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Rave

Quote from: Amelita on May 19, 2014, 04:27:19 PM
This is my first interest post. Tons has happened since xD

Storm would be such a hunk, but I do like the idea of Gambit too >.>

I don't know.

Geezus, who is that model for Storm?

I would not fuck with him >_>

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Bloodied Porcelain

Is it weird that this picture makes him more appealing to me than the other ones you sent me? >.>
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Rave on May 19, 2014, 04:22:41 PM
Haha, if you'll notice in the CS, even though he's a teacher I enrolled him in Lady Wolverine's Self Defense class. Just because the Deadpool/Wolverine dynamic is hilarious and I couldn't resist :P

I did notice that.  I think it's hilarious.  ;D
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Amelita

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 04:38:36 PM
Is it weird that this picture makes him more appealing to me than the other ones you sent me? >.>
Not at all. It's the one that made me start looking for more pics of him in the first place.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 04:29:09 PM
Here is a question... If we want to snag a cannon and do it our way... how do we handle the fact that so many cannons are SO different depending on the comic/show/movie you're dealing with?

I'm considering fem!Pyro... but the Pyro in the movies is NOTHING like the one in the old Fox show is nothing like the one in the new comics is nothing like the one in the old comics...

Pick the one you like best.. or a bit from all, and make him/her your own?  Usually, though, the first appearance (usually the comic) is canon and everything else is another rendition on the character.

yasarra

Whichever you decide, Ame.  :)  Just let me know what you decide so I know which to make, a female Gambit, or an OC.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 19, 2014, 04:29:09 PM

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on May 19, 2014, 05:16:39 PM
Pick the one you like best.. or a bit from all, and make him/her your own?  Usually, though, the first appearance (usually the comic) is canon and everything else is another rendition on the character.

Basically what I did. You could always take inspiration from other pyrokinesis users from any fandom and use factors from them to create your own Pyro. That's what I did with my Juggernaut/Superboy character. I honor both original sources by using their names as my own.

Side note, I think we have a hellva X-men team now. :D
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Lockepick

I was curious for my own sake, so I thought I'd share my findings with everybody. I included cross-gendered canon as part of canon.
EDIT: Obviously, I have no clue who is and isn't accepted. This is just a running list, not anything official.

Canon:8
OC:3

Male:6
Female:5

HS Sophomore:1
HS Senior:2
College Freshman:4
College Sophomore:1
Instructors:2
???:1

I counted Cain Marko as a Freshman -- since his profile just says 'High School Graduate.'
Put Misery as Question Marks because no clue where to go.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

SpiralSpider

~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Bloodied Porcelain

I've been thinking about combining Pyro and Flamefist powers wise, and taking bits and pieces from comic Pyro's personality (namely the part about writing). She wouldn't be a terribly physical character, though, to offset the fact that Pyro can't create fire, only control it.

Ryven

I'm really surprised no one is trying to play a male Mystique.  Do you know the fun you'd have?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Ryven on May 19, 2014, 05:47:02 PM
I'm really surprised no one is trying to play a male Mystique.  Do you know the fun you'd have?

You mean... Morph? >.>

AribethAmkiir

Might be wrong, but I thought Morph could only change into other humans/mutants. 

Ryven

Saphir

Quote from: Ryven on May 19, 2014, 05:53:16 PM
Is Morph as badass as Mystique?

I'd say he's not. Morph is either one of those characters you love or hate because his personality is kinda obnoxious. >.<

Ryven

Quote from: Saphir on May 19, 2014, 06:08:24 PM
I'd say he's not. Morph is either one of those characters you love or hate because his personality is kinda obnoxious. >.<

That's why I said Mystique.

Kuroneko

Morph's powers are pretty similar to Mystique's with some limited telepathy, but he's a practical joker and all around clown as well.

There was a male Mystique on my board that totally kicked ass ;).

AribethAmkiir

He was pretty badass by the end of his story-arc but that was after Mr. Sinister did stuff to him.  *shrugs*

He was an X-Man, too, which means he may have been able to do that stuff from the beginning.  Being able to adopt the powers, as well as, the appearance of other mutants is pretty awesome, and unlike Rogue, he doesn't have to touch them.

Kuroneko

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

Orange Marmalade

Still stuck with work, which is lame! But seeing a lot of awesome stuff.

For folks still working on characters, I'd love to see some more students at the younger end of the spectrum (16-18) range in High school to really give it that Xavier's feel!

Also I'll be posting a little more clear of a timeline about the school and stuff so people have a clearer idea of when things happened, how long its been around, etc.

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: SpiralSpider on May 19, 2014, 05:42:38 PM
Ahem... I'll just drop this here for no reason...

Wouldn't Rogue be really blue-balled in that case? I don't remember Gambit being promiscuous, but I remember he'd always tempt Rogue, but hardly touch besides some kisses. (May need to start reading more source material derp)
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Ryven

Quote from: MasterOfMyFate on May 19, 2014, 06:41:33 PM
Wouldn't Rogue be really blue-balled in that case? I don't remember Gambit being promiscuous, but I remember he'd always tempt Rogue, but hardly touch besides some kisses. (May need to start reading more source material derp)

Rogue has no problems touching him/herself.  ::)