News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Who uses Safari?

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 09, 2011, 03:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Okay.. I was looking through my blog's activity page and spotted something interesting.

And I found myself asking this question. "Who uses Safari on the Windows PC?" Hell I own a Mac and it's my 3rd browser in line of use! I thought everyone used firefox these days. :D

Wyrd

I can't stand firefox. Chrome is all I use. Don't really know about Safari
Ragtime Dandies!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wyrd on June 09, 2011, 03:52:37 PM
I can't stand firefox. Chrome is all I use. Don't really know about Safari

Well Safari is the Apple browser and while it's better than IE, it's a matter of degree thing (in my opinion) and I got to admit that Chrome and Firefox are by far the best I've played with. Haven't messed with Opera personally but I know some buddies who like it.

Oniya

Maybe they're all on the Androids? 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 09, 2011, 03:56:09 PM
Maybe they're all on the Androids?

No no.. there are 5 Window's machines that looked my blog over today (I screen my own browsing to keep things clear). Still trying to figure out who in Germany checks my page daily (thanks by the way!) but I don't expect a lot of activity given my blog is mostly RPG and right now predominately Pathfinder stuff.

HairyHeretic

I've never tried Chrome. Firefox is my main, Opera as a backup, IE if a page won't accept anything else.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

Nah - I was just noticing that the percentage of Safari hits was identical to the percentages of non-Windows hits.  Apparently, the default Android browser is somewhat similar to Safari, but it's based on WebKit, just like Chrome is, so I'm not sure what that would show up as.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 09, 2011, 04:01:49 PM
Nah - I was just noticing that the percentage of Safari hits was identical to the percentages of non-Windows hits.  Apparently, the default Android browser is somewhat similar to Safari, but it's based on WebKit, just like Chrome is, so I'm not sure what that would show up as.

They come on as Chrome.. (I was online this morning posting when they logged on.. I was checking then.)

Beguile's Mistress

Firefox is my main browser and IE backs it up.

In my opinion Chrome is horrible.  It sucks memory everything runs slowly, it's features are inefficient and inconvenient and because it's a Google product it invades and tracks all of my browsing and data mines my computer.  It's an invasive pain in the butt.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 09, 2011, 04:56:21 PM
Firefox is my main browser and IE backs it up.

In my opinion Chrome is horrible.  It sucks memory everything runs slowly, it's features are inefficient and inconvenient and because it's a Google product it invades and tracks all of my browsing and data mines my computer.  It's an invasive pain in the butt.

Don't hold anything back there. ";D

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 09, 2011, 05:00:24 PM
Don't hold anything back there. ";D

Whew!  Glad I got that off my chest! ;D

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 09, 2011, 05:12:45 PM
Whew!  Glad I got that off my chest! ;D

Well we dont' want you stressing out and giving yourself high blood pressure. :D

Wyrd

B...but.. i love chrome... lol!
Ragtime Dandies!

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Wyrd on June 09, 2011, 05:56:14 PM
B...but.. i love chrome... lol!

<-<
       >->

I knew there was something Wyrd about you. ;D

Callie Del Noire

As for chrome.. I don't know about memory usage (I got 8 gigs of memory.. takes a lot for a browser to slow me down, like running my windows virtual machine with half my cores and memory at the same time..)

It is better liked than the newest install of firefox by the lab site. :D

No 'we don't support this' windows or 'this isn't an accepted version of a browser' flags.

Wolfy

I. Love. Firefox.

Firefox forever! *burns the other Browsers* o3o

Wyrd

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 09, 2011, 05:59:01 PM
<-<
       >->

I knew there was something Wyrd about you. ;D

Firefox gave me so much BS when I had it. lol! But Chrome is like a good friend who's always got my back, whenever i log in it's always their to give me a hot cup of coffee and a warm smile
Ragtime Dandies!

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on June 09, 2011, 06:13:53 PM
Firefox gave me so much BS when I had it. lol! But Chrome is like a good friend who's always got my back, whenever i log in it's always their to give me a hot cup of coffee and a warm smile

And an invasive anal probing.

if your into that sort of thing. <_<>_>

Callie Del Noire

Ah ah.. no bad mouthing of the opposing browsers. I've used most of them as a primary browser one time or another.

And things change REALLY fast, so what might be a problem with a browser in one generation might not be there the next.

Play nice. It's okay to point out flaws.. but please keep it polite.

Trust me.. I could do PAGES on what I personally think of IE.

Wyrd

It seems wolfy may have some growing up to do. :P
Ragtime Dandies!

Vekseid

I use everything except for Safari. At least on the PC, it tends to be a resource hog for no logical reason.

Edit: A lot of my Spanish customers used Safari on their PCs. Don't ask me why.

Elliquiy's stats for the month, in visits:
Firefox          78,791
Chrome          34,131
Internet Explorer    31,443
Safari          19,474   
Android Browser    4,014
Opera          3,558
Opera Mini       811

IE6 users dropped below 1% awhile ago. Most of them are now various attacks coming from China.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm.. this is different. You got android seperate from Chrome (both are google based) but all I get is Chrome when the Android phones log on my blog.

I figure that they must be close enough that Blogger tags them the same.

Oniya

I also find it interesting that your (Callie's) 'tags by operating system' graph doesn't indicate any Mac users at all.

Wolfy

Quote from: Wyrd on June 09, 2011, 06:20:49 PM
It seems wolfy may have some growing up to do. :P

...;D I grow very well.

....lol, ok, but seriously...I like firefox better. o3o You like Chrome, and hey, if you like Chrome, then go with it.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on June 10, 2011, 11:49:38 AM
I also find it interesting that your (Callie's) 'tags by operating system' graph doesn't indicate any Mac users at all.

Well my OWN page views aren't counted.. and in the DAY in question there weren't any other Mac viewers. (A quick check of the entire month shows 9 macs, 19 Windows, 4 ipad and 2 android)