CthulhuTECH: EVA and HPL s'mored in awesomesauce

Started by NotoriusBEN, January 08, 2012, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

So  we are going with the mecha thing so would an intelligence type agent being attached to the unit be okay?

NotoriusBEN

CthulhuTECH Character Sheet
I like this sheet because it breaks everything down and shows all skills related to attributes.
Ok, here is a quick and dirty character sheet that mimics voidstate's sheet. I hope you all can see the stuff between all the hypertext parenthesis stuff.

Name/CallSign
Race
Profession
Allegience
Place of Birth
Sex
Flaw
Distinguishing Features

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES
Reflex
Orgone
Vitality
Actions
Movement (Miles per Hour, Yards per Turn)
   MPH
   Sprint ypt
   Cautions ypt

Drama Points
Experience

Health
        Flesh             
        Light              -  -1 Test Penalty
        Moderate       -  -3 Test Penalty, 1/2 Move, Max 2 Actions, 1/2 Armor
        Serious          -  -6 Test Penalty, Crawl Only, Max 1 Actions, No Armor, Sanity Check
        Death's Door -  Unconscious and Possibly Dieing or in Coma

ATTRIBUTES

Agility                                        .
     Agility Feat
     Athletics
     Armed Fighting
     Criminal
     Dodge
     Fighting
     Pilot
     Stealth
     Thrown Weapons

Intellect
     Intellect Feat
     Archanotechnician R*
     Archanotech Engineering  R*
     Armourer  *
     Bureaucracy
     Business
     Communications  *
     Computers  *
     Culture
     Demolitons  *
     Education
     Engineering  R*
     History
     Larceny  *
     Law Enforcement
     Literacy
     Medicine  R*
     Munitions  *
     Occult  *
     Research
     Savoir-Faire
     Science(Earth)  R*
     Science(Life)  R*
     Science(Physical)  R*
     Security  *
     Streetwise
     Surveillance
     Technician  *

* Professional Skill
R Has Requirements

Presence                                            .
     Presence Feat
     Intimidate
     Misdirect
     Performance
     Persuade
     Seduction

Strength
     Strength Feat

Tenacity
     Tenacity Feat
     Survival

Misc
      Hobbies, Languages,etc.

Specializations

QUALITIES
+-______________________
+-______________________
+-______________________
+-______________________
+-______________________
+-______________________
+-______________________

SPECIAL ABILITIES

INSANITY
     Disorders

COMBAT
Weapon     Dmg     Shots     Rnds     Cal     Rng S/M/L     DAMAGE BONUS

+2 / -  / -2
                                                              Range Bonus

Armor                 Protection
                                    /
                         Trauma / Projectile

Ok... Lemme answer some questions...

Can we have Humans driving Nazzadi mecha?     
Yes, Humans can drive Nazzadi Mecha. I dont see a reason to segregate the military even though some racial tensions are still high in the years following the 1st Arcanotech War.

And are we taking Mecha from all the books that they appear in?  
Yes, all mecha will be available at the start of 2085. I was going to roll out mecha at later dates, but engels require long sync times and yea... pilots get attached to their particular engel. I just dont see them swapping them out with regularity. Id feel violated if someone else used *my* engel. What are your guys' thoughts to this?

Can you have a skeleton sheet for us to fill out? Pleeease?  :D
See Above.

So we are going with the mecha thing so would an intelligence type agent being attached to the unit be okay?
Im not going to limit you in your choices save for those assets and drawbacks I'll label below. Keep in mind you will be in a Military Environment aboard a Battlecruiser or on the Front-lines for the most part. It could be good to get the rumors aboard the ship, but for the most part information is held pretty tightly and on Need-to-Know. However, the natives in your Op Area would be good sources of information. Just be aware that this is a military campaign. There is some intrigue, but its more 'Band of Brothers' than 'Borne Identity'.

So what qualities are Disallowed?
Here's the List:
Core Book
     Authority 4
     Tager
     Tager: Exceptional
     Amnesia
     Dark Secret
     Hunted 3+
     Mystically Void
     Outsider Tainted
Vade Mecum
     Zoner
     Shadow Walker
Damnation View
     Secret Services Qualities
Mortal Remains
     Firstborn
     Nephilim Synthesis Interface
     All Migou Qualities
Ancient Enemies
    ONLY Gifted Multitasker MAY BE CHOSEN

Allowable XenoMix Ages are 16-19 (per CthuluTECH canon and Elliquiy Rules)
Allowable Whites Ages are 16-18 (per CthuluTECh canon and Elliquiy Rules)

Para-psychics and Sorcery
This is a bit grey. There is a story within one of the game books that mentions that an engel pilot was BENCHED from combat because she developed para-psychic powers. That should be a pretty good indicator that the NEG would like to use gifted Sorcerors and Psychics where their powers are most effective.

Your powers emanate from you. Your Mecha surrounds you. If you were a Pyro, and you wanted to cast a flame attack, you would only succeed at incinerating the inside of your cockpit, so Environmental Powers are limited in power. Somatic Powers only affect you, they do not increase the capability of a multiton warmachine. You'd probably run the risk of damaging the controls from jerking them around so fast. Some Manipulative and Sensory powers could work within the mecha, but others require you to be in close proximity to your targets. Any stronger and the NEG would take notice and transfer you to a different service.

If your hellbent on playing a magical tank pilot... submit your character sheet and we'll discuss it. Just be prepared to nix something or have unexpected consequences during gameplay.

REQUIRED SKILLS
To be an Engel Pilot:
Tenacity of at least 7
Authority 3 (You are the Elite of the Mecha Division)
Duty 3
Engel Synthesis Interface 1

To be a Mecha Pilot:
Authority 2 or 3 (NCO rank/Officer rank)
Duty 2

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I'll put more up later this week. I need to catch up on stuff for work so I can devote this weekend to getting all my resources for the game up and ready.
[/td][/tr][/table]

ChaoticSky

Well, as for my thoughts, i tend to go in three layers; what the GM wants for the game comes first. Under that, I uphold canon. Third, i include my own views.

Since im sure you can figure out your own thoughts on the matter ben, ill start with the second. Though im abut rusty so feel free to correct me if get this wrong.
Canonically speaking, Engel pilots cannot share Engels. They are a paired set, the implants in the engels brain, and the implants in the humans brain. Its possible for any pilot to move any Engel, but more stressful things, like actual combat, require the dedicated pilot, a generic pilot simply couldnt keep control of it in anything but ideal circumstances. To switch to a new Engel requires a available Engel (a rarity in its self) and invasive brain surgery, first to remove the old implants, and then to add the new ones.
So the idea of 'upgrading' to a better Engel later is practically impossible. the NEG is far more likely to give a new Engel to a newly selected pilot so that they develop a bond and the pilot learns to pilot the specific engel well. taking say, a Malach pilot and putting them in a Seraphim is just asking for problems. If a pilot happens to lose their engel, i could well see them getting priority for a replacement of the same kind, but thats about it. Anything else would have to be a result of extreme and unique circumstances.

As for sorcs and parapsychics, the former are barely trusted and kept under close supervision, i cant see them being made engel pilots. And the latter are invariably more useful elsewhere.

SinXAzgard21

I have access to the core book and so far from what I am reading its pretty bad ass.  When do all the sheets need to be in, I'd like to finish reading the book so as to better understand what I'm jumping into.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ReijiTabibito

So...do we have a volunteer for what our first Mecha is going to be?  I'm torn between four choices - two Engels and two Nazzadi mecha.  The Nazzadi mecha are on the radar for me because they actually recover more damage per turn than some of the less heavy Engels.

NotoriusBEN

Quote from: Darkling on January 11, 2012, 12:54:43 PM
Well, as for my thoughts, i tend to go in three layers; what the GM wants for the game comes first. Under that, I uphold canon. Third, i include my own views.

Since im sure you can figure out your own thoughts on the matter ben, ill start with the second. Though im abut rusty so feel free to correct me if get this wrong.
Canonically speaking, Engel pilots cannot share Engels. They are a paired set, the implants in the engels brain, and the implants in the humans brain. Its possible for any pilot to move any Engel, but more stressful things, like actual combat, require the dedicated pilot, a generic pilot simply couldnt keep control of it in anything but ideal circumstances. To switch to a new Engel requires a available Engel (a rarity in its self) and invasive brain surgery, first to remove the old implants, and then to add the new ones.
So the idea of 'upgrading' to a better Engel later is practically impossible. the NEG is far more likely to give a new Engel to a newly selected pilot so that they develop a bond and the pilot learns to pilot the specific engel well. taking say, a Malach pilot and putting them in a Seraphim is just asking for problems. If a pilot happens to lose their engel, i could well see them getting priority for a replacement of the same kind, but thats about it. Anything else would have to be a result of extreme and unique circumstances.

As for sorcs and parapsychics, the former are barely trusted and kept under close supervision, i cant see them being made engel pilots. And the latter are invariably more useful elsewhere.

You have the jist of it, Darkling. The nice thing about engels are that they can work in any environment (save the Ish... seriously dont know where to go with that one. Maybe if it moved like a snake I could see it working, and be devastating ambusher in city or jungle environments, with lots of 3D terrain.

Its because of that ESI that pilots develop such intense bonds with 'their engels'. Your the only one that can use it, coupled with the fact that it speaks back to you in its own way, how can you not develop a relationship with it? But yes, I can see as you've said that a particular engel pilot is better suited for certain engels. Case and point, the Aran. The pilot would have more than a few stealth and recon skills, so it's not wise to give him a seraphim.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 11, 2012, 03:15:38 PM
I have access to the core book and so far from what I am reading its pretty bad ass.  When do all the sheets need to be in, I'd like to finish reading the book so as to better understand what I'm jumping into.

Hard date for character sheets would be Jan 20th. with the game starting very soon after.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on January 11, 2012, 10:06:31 PM
Hard date for character sheets would be Jan 20th. with the game starting very soon after.

Thanks, that is more than enough time to read through it.  And thanks for the sheet and Q&A section.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

ShadowFox89

I think I'll go with a mech pilot, starting off piloting very small power armor and working my way up.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Name/CallSign:   Lieutenant Sean Tavish/Airbrush
Race:      Human
Profession:   Mech Pilot
Allegience:   NEG Navy
Place of Birth:   Doublin
Sex:      Male
Virtue:      
Flaw:      
Height/Weight: 5'11/170lbs
Eyes: Deep Gray           Hair: Copper pony-tail, several inches on top.
Skin: Fair. No facial hair at the moment.
Mech: Kakarembo: An Eclipse Mech 
A pony-tailed redhead of Irish American descent, he works hard, drinks deep, and celebrates with all his heart. The

stories he and his sister made up when they were

teenagers he now writes graphic novels of, and has sometimes airbrushed his characters onto friend's mechs and planes. 

Atributes: 
7  Agility
6  Intilect
8  Perception
5  Pressence
5  Strength
6  Tenacity

SECONDARY ATTRIBUTES
7   Reflex
11  Orgone
10  Vitality
2   Actions
Movement (Miles per Hour, Yards per Turn)
11 MPH
27 Sprint ypt
6  Cautions ypt

Drama Points   10/10
Experience   0

Health
10-0  Flesh             
10-0  Light              -  -1 Test Penalty
10-0  Moderate       -  -3 Test Penalty, 1/2 Move, Max 2 Actions, 1/2 Armor
10-0  Serious          -  -6 Test Penalty, Crawl Only, Max 1 Actions, No Armor, Sanity Check
10-0  Death's Door -  Unconscious and Possibly Dieing or in Coma

Skills:
Armed Fighting      Adept
Athletics      Novice
Art: Visual      Adept
Education      Novice
Dodge         Adept: Mecha Focus
L. English      Expert
L. Japanese      Student
Literacy:      Adept
Marksman      Adept: Mecha Focus
Observation:      Adept
Pilot:         Adept
Regional Knowlege:   Novice
Stealth         Adept
Support Weapons      Novice
Trivia:         Student

Assets:
(1)   Aluring +1
(3)   Athority
(1)   Effecient Metabolisim (+2)
(2)   Fearless
(1)   Muse: Comics (+2)
(1)   Sexy Voice

Drawbacks: 
(3)   Code:
--I always keep my word. 
--A friend of a friend is my friend and an enemy of my friend is my foe.
--I accept any challenge to single combat. 
--I will protect the downtroden and the needy. 
--I will never turn my back on a friend in need. 
--I will opose the minions of the Old Ones in all their forms. 
(2)   Duty
(1)   Habit: A serious drinker. 
(2)   Intolerance: Poloticians
(2)   Rival

Centyrtech Mark 5 Concealed Armor
CS-44 Enforcer
Kakarembo: Stealth Capable Mech

Sketch Book
Wrist Computer

Cheats Spent: 
4: +8 Skill Points
2: +1 Intilect
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

NotoriusBEN

Looking good, Muse.

I've been getting some questions regarding the theatre of war that you will be experiencing.

Scuttlebutt around the ship is that after its maiden launch and a limited demonstration for civilians and reporters at Fort Ord, California, you will be sent north to Seattle and then to the frontlines in Canada and Alaska to deal with the Migou there.

The EOD being what they are, and your proximity to the Pacific coastline, you should expect sparing engagements with them, but the Migou are your main concern.

The NES Victory of the 32 Mecha that she can carry, 6 are specialized in aquatic warfare as necessitated by NEG War Doctrine to be prepared for all fronts. But since it is heading to Alaska, it has more Land and Air Based Mecha. The only Engels onboard are those piloted by the players.

Marie Reynolds

Hey Ben  not sure if my question got overlooked but would a Intelligence member of the unit be appropriate?

ChaoticSky

QuoteSo we are going with the mecha thing so would an intelligence type agent being attached to the unit be okay?
Im not going to limit you in your choices save for those assets and drawbacks I'll label below. Keep in mind you will be in a Military Environment aboard a Battlecruiser or on the Front-lines for the most part. It could be good to get the rumors aboard the ship, but for the most part information is held pretty tightly and on Need-to-Know. However, the natives in your Op Area would be good sources of information. Just be aware that this is a military campaign. There is some intrigue, but its more 'Band of Brothers' than 'Borne Identity'.

NotoriusBEN

Tomorrow I'll compile the Q & A and put all pertinent information for character creation in the 2nd post on the front page.

Right now, Im getting my groove on with ChoplifterHD and Dungeons of Dredmoor

Muse

And I'm running my first tabletop C-tech tonight.  (Eldritch Society game.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

NotoriusBEN

That's a good thing, Muse.

You'll get your hands into the meat of the dice mechanics (kind of wonky, but I like the explosive success chance)

Latooni Subota

I think . . I'm gonna try and build a fire support Engel Pilot, with the good ol' Cherub, if nobody minds. Won't have time to work on much today, but that's why we have weekends!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

Is it bad that I'm hoping for a giant sword fight with mechs involved? >.>

I'll get the basics for a sheet up today and fiddle around with it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

I'm debating between a handful of different pilot types.  One is an Auphan driver, the tactical recon Engel.  Another flies the Nazzadi Brushfire, the interceptor mecha that's capable of flying faster than anything.  And candidate number three is a Storm driver, for its all-around usefulness.  I've got other choices in the pipeline (such as the Malach), but I'd like to see what people are driving before I decide.

NotoriusBEN

Ok, I've compiled some things on the front page. I'll add some story stuff tonight or tomorrow.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Um... Ben... How do I get my sheet nice and neat like the one in the second post?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

NotoriusBEN

go ahead and use the quote function on the top right of that post.

you'll see a lot of bracketed items for tables tr's and td's which is the hypertext.  Just put your information there next to the suitable listed item. with the underscore lines, just go ahead and write in the particular misc skill or abilities.

ShadowFox89

Okay. I'll post up a Hamshall Engel pilot. She has frequent nightmares about her Engel being a bit... too friendly.  >:)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  I was potentially going to go with a Malach, but if Fox is covering the Heavy Weapons angle (with the Heavy Weapons Engel :P) then that frees me up a bit...

ShadowFox89

I've even got a personalty down...... I just need to get her statted up and fluff done (such as a name, that always the hardest for me).
Call me Shadow
My A/A