Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Slywyn on June 10, 2013, 12:24:31 PM
I really like Angry Joe. he always makes me laugh.

Yeah, I find him entertaining.  He mentioned something on twitter about D4 going to xbone as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Katiana

Xbox One £440/ $499  ummmmm no!!

Kye

That's less than was originally estimated, though still more than I'd like.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 10, 2013, 12:25:34 PM
Yeah, I find him entertaining.  He mentioned something on twitter about D4 going to xbone as well.
Diablo 4? If so then probably not. 

I know D3 will be going console, but It hasn't been a decade so there's no way Blizzard will release a new Diablo game. I mean what's a Blizzard game without ten years of work for a rather mediocre update to an aging formula?

Not a Blizzard game that's what. -__-

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Slywyn

What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

SinXAzgard21

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Inkidu on June 10, 2013, 01:12:52 PM
Diablo 4? If so then probably not. 

I know D3 will be going console, but It hasn't been a decade so there's no way Blizzard will release a new Diablo game. I mean what's a Blizzard game without ten years of work for a rather mediocre update to an aging formula?

Not a Blizzard game that's what. -__-

Microsoft announced D4 was one of their line up.  Don't know if it is a Diablo game or not.  D3 is confirmed for ps3 and ps4.

Also an exclusive mech game is announced for Xbone.  You can hop in and out of your mech on the battle field apparently.  It is named Titan Fall.

EDIT:  PS4 will not get Titan Fall but PC will.

Moraline

I find the turn on this thread amusing. I can't beleive that anyone here buys into the idea that the PS4 will be better on any level then the XBOne is. They are both the same devil.  PS4 has said most of the same things that the XBOne has just not in as many words (in many cases they've said nothing.) Right now both current consoles are on the same footing, why would that change much in the next gen? I don't think it will. The differences will be similar to current gen - just subtle ones.  I'll be impressed if they are radically different in their approach.

This week is when the big reveals will happen at E3 so I guess we'll know more by the end of the week.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Moraline on June 10, 2013, 02:11:24 PM
I find the turn on this thread amusing. I can't beleive that anyone here buys into the idea that the PS4 will be better on any level then the XBOne is. They are both the same devil.  PS4 has said most of the same things that the XBOne has just not in as many words (in many cases they've said nothing.) Right now both current consoles are on the same footing, why would that change much in the next gen? I don't think it will. The differences will be similar to current gen - just subtle ones.  I'll be impressed if they are radically different in their approach.

This week is when the big reveals will happen at E3 so I guess we'll know more by the end of the week.

Once PS4 gets is moment in the spot light we will see.  Until then, Xbone is going to catch all the heat.

Chris Brady

Also Sony clarified several points that MS didn't.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Slywyn

Quote from: Moraline on June 10, 2013, 02:11:24 PM

Actually as far as hardware the PS4 blows the Xbone out of the water.

So they're quite far apart in some respects.

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 09, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
I could go into quite the detail explaining why I don't like Dark Souls and its ilk.  But I won't.

If you're like me.. that will be a HUGE post. Definitely a big/huge/nasty post.

On a side note.. wtaching the Xbox one presentation @ E3 on my xbox.. more games than tv this time.

And they are detailing a LOT of changes to Xbox live. Sharing, video/live streaming viewing of a game, and switching from points to actual money.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 10, 2013, 03:56:28 PM
If you're like me.. that will be a HUGE post. Definitely a big/huge/nasty post.

On a side note.. wtaching the Xbox one presentation @ E3 on my xbox.. more games than tv this time.

And they are detailing a LOT of changes to Xbox live. Sharing, video/live streaming viewing of a game, and switching from points to actual money.

But did they address the issues that gamers actually want answered?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 10, 2013, 04:02:53 PM
But did they address the issues that gamers actually want answered?

Haven't heard anything as yet.. listning to them heckle the Battlefield 4 promoter. (No sound on the promotion)

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 10, 2013, 04:10:36 PM
Haven't heard anything as yet.. listning to them heckle the Battlefield 4 promoter. (No sound on the promotion)

Yeah, Joe mentioned that in his Twitter.  I am looking through his twitter and I don't think any concerns were answered.

Kye

None of the concerns were addressed.  It was all about the games and changes to xbox live. 

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Kyrsa on June 10, 2013, 04:25:33 PM
None of the concerns were addressed.  It was all about the games and changes to xbox live. 

Soooo, pretty much they just promoted PS4... Sweet.

Moraline

Quote from: Slywyn on June 10, 2013, 03:09:33 PM
Actually as far as hardware the PS4 blows the Xbone out of the water.

So they're quite far apart in some respects.
I haven't seen the updated spec releases but the ones that I posted on the first page seem to say that they are nearly identical. Accept that the Kinect is significantly more advanced then the PS4 motion sensor and camera.  Does someone have an updated spec comparison?

Slywyn

According to what I've been hearing(And unfortunately I don't have a source so =( ) the PS4 compared to Xbox One graphically is about as bad as it was for 360 vs PS3, and the PS4 is supposed to load much faster than the Xbone

SinXAzgard21

Specs wise, don't really care.  I want to know how the PS4 is going to be displayed and so on.  Fuck the whole graphics, processor and so on.  I want to see the PS4 ToS, news on used games, if games have to have a fee if bought used and so on.  Everything else can sit on the side in my opinion.

Moraline

I just realized that the Sony Press Conference is in 2 hours (LIVE streaming.) They might reveal something then?

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-press-conference/
"What else does Sony have in store for the PS4? Find out at their E3 2013 press conference!"

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Moraline on June 10, 2013, 05:43:14 PM
I just realized that the Sony Press Conference is in 2 hours (LIVE streaming.) They might reveal something then?

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-press-conference/
"What else does Sony have in store for the PS4? Find out at their E3 2013 press conference!"

Lets hope.  After their reveal, we will know if console gaming is taking a turn for the scarp heap.

Inkidu

A scarp heap?

I doubt consoles are going down, but I don't think many of the deeper circles of gamerdom are going to be turned off.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

I'm sorry, but if Sony follows Xbone, they can just all go to the scrap heap.

SinXAzgard21

Sony press conference in an hour.