News:

Main Menu

Doctor Who S8 - Missy

Started by Elysian Radiance, September 07, 2014, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elysian Radiance

I want to hear your theories and thoughts on the new character, Missy.

Personally... I think that she may be an incarnation of River, but I could be totally wrong.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

mia h

Who said Missy was a new character?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Kiric Rand

Myself and Lynnie were talking about that last night. What is Missy is his ultimate regret. The first person who's death he caused. She only shows up when someone dies due to the doctor's presence
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Elysian Radiance

Oooh I like both of those! Keep 'em coming!

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Shjade

Quote from: Kiric Rand on September 08, 2014, 08:12:41 AM
Myself and Lynnie were talking about that last night. What is Missy is his ultimate regret. The first person who's death he caused. She only shows up when someone dies due to the doctor's presence

I have to think her garden would have a lot more familiar faces floating around in it if she collects Who's dead.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Elysian Radiance

Perhaps we just haven't seen everyone in her garden yet.

Elysian Radiance

Perhaps she's the Master.

Missy can be a shortened form of Mistress, which is the female version of Master.

Again, just a theory.

Shjade

That I'd find more believable, if disappointing. Dude needs to stay dead already. >:|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kiric Rand

Dued, the master has been dead and revived at least 3 times already
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Elysian Radiance

In the words of a villain from one of my favourite video games... "It was just a setback."

MabFaerie

Quote from: Shjade on September 08, 2014, 04:13:15 PM
I have to think her garden would have a lot more familiar faces floating around in it if she collects Who's dead.

Actually, the theme I'm seeing so far is that she collects people who have specifically committed suicide as a means of sacrifice, whether its for the Doctor or otherwise. For example, the robot in the first episode, he kills himself by leaping to his death. The soldier in the other episode sacrificed herself by distracting the Dalek antibodies.
I haven't seen the latest episode so my theory could be completely moot at this point, but so far that's what I'm seeing.

As for Missy, I think she might be a regeneration of River Song. I think that when the Time Lords gave the Doctor back the power to regenerate (perhaps even another set of 13? Or more?) that it might have had some kind of ripple effect and returned Rivers regenerations to her as well.
It's kind of a stretch, but I guess we'll see what happens. =)
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Kiric Rand

The theory is very sound. But the latest episode does kinda kill it. The newest arrival was an officer that was killed because he stumbled onto the alien's hiding place. And the small fact that it was never truly revealed if the half-faced man jumped or was pushed.

Something tells me we haven't even scratched the surface
[Floatright]
[/float]

Elysian Radiance

Crimsonbella

I've got to admit...I'm curious to see how this goes. My boyfriend was kinda on the fence about Missy being the Master...I'm intrigued. He was hoping for someone completely, wholly different. Of course he's also been sour because Clara's still around.
O/o Thread Slightly outdated.

Missy

Well I had to make my big reveal sometime . . .

Seriously though I'm not surprised and I was hoping it was going to happen sometime. The Corsair was alluded to being a TL who changed genders as well (see episode: The Doctors Wife, the one where Amy and Rory were inadvertently kidnapped by the malevolent "House") I am a little disappointed that it's the Master and not the Doctor who was portrayed for it openly first (and not as a passing reference alone), but Who has always been a GLBT friendly show as long as I've been watching. I mean when we first meet Captain Jack Harkness Rose asks the doctor, the Christopher Eccleson, if Jack is gay, the Doctor replies "Humanity spreads out among the stars meeting all kinds of alien races, you become: flexible"

So all in all it's kind of cool and I'm looking forward to my female Doctor.  8-)