News:

Main Menu

Curious...

Started by Aysleen, July 03, 2006, 08:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aysleen

Since I've only been here less than  month, I've a question...

When someone tires of a game, is it customary for them to just quit?
Is there a time frame on a game one should allow for, before considering it abandoned?
When a game is over, do you post 'out' of it?  And is it then closed?

Sorry, guess that's more than one question lol
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Sugarman (hal)

I've been here as long as you, friend and all good questions.

My first experience here just quiet on me. I guess the answer is that people you play with are people. Some avoid confrontative situations in here as they would in real life. Others will tell you right off their done or not enjoy it.
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Hunter

It depends on the person, really.  When in doubt, you can always check with them.

Moondazed

I know I prefer that people tell me what's going on... and I generally try to mention that up front.  A couple of times people have disappeared for a while and I've later found out they had unexpected things come up and they returned... but sometimes they never come back.  It'd be nice if everyone was up front :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Moondazed

I know I prefer that people tell me what's going on... and I generally try to mention that up front.  A couple of times people have disappeared for a while and I've later found out they had unexpected things come up and they returned... but sometimes they never come back.  It'd be nice if everyone was up front :)
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Ariabella

Some times it's a simple case of missed posts, and they are waiting for you. I know repeatedly one of my partners finally pm me, only to find out that their last reply didn't show up in unread posts. I recommend pm'ing, to see if it's something like that.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Elvi

Most players tell another if there is a problem and if it cannot be resolved then 'game over'.
As others have said, some are fly by nights, they use the site for a short while and then wander off on their way, it may be because the site isn't really for them, it may be because of other outside influences.

What is infuriating is when there is a playing constantly online, but they have not told people that either their game needs to go 'on hold' or that they have lost interest.

There can be another reason for this.
It could be just something as simple as they haven't realsied you have replied and are sitting looking at you being on line and thinking the same thing.

I use the Show new replies to your posts. link at the top to check my games and sometimes they don't appear as a replied topic, so I ask any who are in a game with me to PM me if I haven't replied in a reasonable amount of time.

Send them a PM and say "Hi, have you missed my reply in our game or is there a problem?"

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Elvi

See?
Two seasoned players confirming what each has said.
*smiles*

What I did forget to say is that it is always worth checking "Apologies and Absenses" board to see if your partner has said anything as well.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building