You don't want to have to wake up here
Bad dreams you don't want to have to wake up here
Bad dreams sad scenes and fear
you don't want to have to wake up here
Bad Dreams
you don't want to have to wake up here"
- Swollen Members 'Bad Dreams'
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Jefepato

Creeper, would stuff from books like Shadow Court be banned?  Arts like Contempt are positively hilarious (although the Thallain are distinct enough from Kithain that they would probably never fit in).

Creeper

Anything from another book or made up would have to be run by me first, since I don't have access to those books.

ZK

I have acess to all of the C:TD books as I've said many times before. I'd think twice about allowing membership to the Shadow Court. Since you don't have the book, I wouldn't allow it since the damn "Court" is so friggen complicated.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Muse

Okay, creeper, I need a ruling from you.  What level of Ecchoes flaw are the Eccoes I'm about ot lengthily and labouriously describe: 

Paranormal Disadvantages: 
   Kumiko’s power, along with her investment of imagination into anime, has a few drawbacks… 
   Masks always initially fool her, and even the most obvious mask will require a tip off and concentrated act of will to recognize as such. 
   The weather, leaves, flower petals, and ravens respond to her emotions in superficial but attention drawing ways.  The wind always catches her hair at just the right dramatically appropriate moment, which can make a positive impression, but also tends to stick in people’s minds.  She can sometimes be noticed by looking for ravens following her around. 
   As to a delicate matter, Kumiko’s psychology and destiny have a slightly unnatural reaction to sexual molestation, one that can twist her personality in the short term while protecting her psychology in the long term.  Her body responds to forced pleasure in ways more appropriate to hentai anime than to real life, and a skilled molester can implant suggestions and even short term brainwashing into her mind.  In the long term, however, she has a certain “anime-buffer” against the trauma of such rape, much the way she hides from violent trauma’s by acting like an anime character. 
   Brutalization, of course, is never anything other than brutalization, even in anime. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Creeper

Quote from: Zulokitty on October 21, 2005, 12:35:20 AM
I have acess to all of the C:TD books as I've said many times before. I'd think twice about allowing membership to the Shadow Court. Since you don't have the book, I wouldn't allow it since the damn "Court" is so friggen complicated.

Yeah, I'm not allowing the shadow court, but if he's just talking about an Art or an Treasure, I might allow it.

Now, as for kumiko

Masks always initially fool her, and even the most obvious mask will require a tip off and concentrated act of will to recognize as such

3 point Echos.

The weather, leaves, flower petals, and ravens respond to her emotions in superficial but attention drawing ways.  The wind always catches her hair at just the right dramatically appropriate moment, which can make a positive impression, but also tends to stick in people’s minds.  She can sometimes be noticed by looking for ravens following her around.

Dramatic Resonance, or something like that. The raven effect would be a 1 point Echos.

As to a delicate matter, Kumiko’s psychology and destiny have a slightly unnatural reaction to sexual molestation, one that can twist her personality in the short term while protecting her psychology in the long term.  Her body responds to forced pleasure in ways more appropriate to hentai anime than to real life, and a skilled molester can implant suggestions and even short term brainwashing into her mind.  In the long term, however, she has a certain “anime-buffer” against the trauma of such rape, much the way she hides from violent trauma’s by acting like an anime character.

A 1 or 2 point Blessing would cover that. (Blessing is just an innate form of Wonder)

Jefepato

Just out of curiosity, what sort of characters is everyone else making?

I was planning to be a pooka, but I'd hate to have half the group end up a bunch of animalistic liars.

Idachan

I´m really leaning towards Sluagh right now...

Ajoxer

Admittedly, I'm leaning towards a Pooka, of the snake variety. ^_^
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Idachan

Well, I am feeling the urge to see the glorious revival of sweet lady Leoveana but alas, she is not quite what a Sidhe usually is. The first Changeling character I made, a huge success when we played but I did say "whoops" after reading what Sidhe really are like.

Jefepato

How do you figure, Idachan?  There aren't many hard-and-fast rules about how a sidhe behaves, if I remember right.

Idachan

Well, she was almost painfully innocent, naive and sweet. Got into trouble more than once for being quite gullible. She could not have manipulated anyone even if she had luck on her side, a written script and thousands of willing helpers. Also, she held her own nobility of little importance and rejoiced when her redcap friend was elected Duchess... Her unseelie Redcap friend with a chimera that knew sign language. In particular the Finger.

Jefepato

That is awesome.

It's also not really against the rules.  It's extemely unorthodox, but not as unorthdox as, say, Seelie redcaps -- and you know how many of those people have played.

What's starting to bother me is that the childling Glamour/Willpower/Banality distribution is so much more awesome than the others, since I really can't (and wouldn't want to) play a childling in this game.

ZK

If anyone needs any help, again, I extend my hand. I own all the books for C:TD and I'm willing to give aid.

As for knowing a Shadow Court Art. The person who taught it to a non-member and the one who taught it. Are as good as dead.

It's basically a Traditional Mage getting away with learning Technocracy Protocals and getting away with their given equipment.

Anyway, on the Arts, Merits and whatnaught. If you need help Creeper with the odd things, I'll help.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

ZK

You're just allowing Kithian, right? No Ghallain, Thallain, Inanimae, Dauntain or Adhene, right?

Idachan

Natalie C. Barney

Could I play a mortal?  ???

I'm talking one with no powers just some mortal with lots of strange friends perhaps.

Mages and Changelings are too complicated. Plus the only book I have is for mortals other than the Vampire rules. I do not want to play a Vampire I never ran a normal human, could be fun.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Jefepato

There was an oWoD book for mortals?

Natalie C. Barney

Yes for the Inquisition and they are all mortals and it covered other hunters. Of course I would be playing a mortal with no hunter interests. In short.

ATTRIBUTES 6/4/3
ABILITIES 11/7/5

BACKGROUNDS 5 (many are available to mortals like Mentor works just as well for them as an advisor and guide)

VIRTUES (not used as a mortal)

WILLPOWER 5

HUMANITY not used since they are human

FREEBIE POINTS 21

MERITS/FLAWS must be ones a mortal would have so Supernatural ones are very very rare

Basically a human is less impressive skillwise and the like but get a little more personal choice getting more freebie points. But they have no obvious problems like supernaturals like Vampires have to feed on blood, avoid sunlight and are hunted plus have diferent factions fighting for domination. So its not all bad.

Merits and Flaws I plan to take to add flavor so will keep these fewer than 7 pts.

And there was on small handbook for the 2nd Edition for KINE, I own it and included psychic powers and hedge magic and the like. It was call the MORTAL HANDBOOK I think, I did a charceter with them years ago but don't own it. Example one one area they could buy TRUE FAITH for 7 points each so could get TRUE FAITH at 3 Dots. But only Freebie Points could buy special powers. But mortals are easy to do all the systems include them kind of have to.

Anyway if you want players you need to include those without the books- I suspect if you stuck a cheat aheet for Changelings and Mages you might get interest OR include some mortals since they are easier to start out with.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

(Suggestion, Natalie: maybe you should play a mortal who's kinain, or something like that, so you wouldn't have to have constant Glamour infusions to interact with changelings and the like.)

Creeper, what would you say is the bonus point cost for a pooka with wings (wings that actually work, if perhaps not well)?  Kithbook: Pooka lists the Physical Abnormality merit as 3-4 points, but all it really says for anything specific is that the Storyteller sets the cost.  (Of course, I'd understand if you thought the whole idea wasn't appropriate -- I could just take Wayfare instead.)

Natalie C. Barney

What's a Kinain? I take its a merit I'd be happy to take it. I assume its someone touched by fae blood or something. But it may freak her out seeing fairy folk running around, of course she could take a flaw for an addiction to drugs might help explain matters.  ;D

Sorry I know mortals but many merits and flaws unique to Changeling I don't know off hand.

If I do that might be nice to pick a Changeling she's oriented with is there one that would be good tied into a streetwalker or sex performer concept? You know a lecherous and sex liking Changeling she could have drawing her into her seedy life. Do they have Nymphs?
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

It's a bit more complicated then a simple merit. But I could run you through the steps of creating one. I have the book for Kinian.

Jefepato

A kinain is basically a faeblooded mortal.  I have no idea how much it would cost as a Merit...

...oh, here.  The Mage book lists it as a 4-point Merit.  It says you can possibly learn cantrips (but isn't very clear on how that works, and I'd ask Creeper before going there), and tend to have a lower Banality than most humans (which is very good if you plan on spending time with the fae).  And, of course, you can see (and be affected by) all the chimerical stuff that normal mortals can't.

I think there might be a different book that's a little more specific about how kinain work, but I don't have it.  (never mind -- Zulokitty can probably take the explanation from here)

There are no nymphs; the closest thing, I guess, would be satyrs (which do come in both sexes).

Natalie C. Barney

See there is always an easier way  ;D!

Kinain Merit 4 pts. I can do that.
Natalie Clifford Barney

ZK

Nymphs do exist, but they're of the Inanimae sort of spirits instead of a Kithian.